• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grillin' and Chillin': Recipe Request

In summary, these are nachos with cinnamon and sugar tortilla chips, ice cream, bananas, strawberries, pineapple, nuts, chocolate bar, hot fudge, caramel dip, and easy accent.
lkspeir
Does anybody have the recipe for this????? I'm doing a "Grillin' and Chillin'" show and would love to do this as well.

I'm guessing they would be with the cinnamon tortilla chips from All the best, Ice cream and toppings as usual... just my guess though... sounds like fun!

MMMMMMMMM I hope somebody posts it. Sounds wonderful!

Oh that does sound good!
Someone post, PLEASE!

Here you go...I found this at www.jalapenocafe.com. I'd bake, rather than fry, the tortilla chips.

6 flour tortillas
Oil for frying
1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 cup sugar, mixed
1 pint vanilla ice cream
1 pint chocolate ice cream
1 pint rasberry sherbert
1/2 cup toasted pecans
Pineapple ice cream topping
Whipped Cream or whipped topping
Chocolate candy bar shavings

Cut flour tortillas into nacho chip size. Fry in hot oil and drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.

Arrange chips on a large platter. Using a melon scoop or soup spoon, place scoops of ice cream and sherbert on the chips. Sprinkle with the toasted pecans. Spoon on some Pineapple topping and garnish with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.

Serve at once. Makes about six servings

Enjoy!

mmm.... sounds good.
Don't forget about the mango salsa sundaes from a couple summers ago. That salsa would be a good part of ice cream nachos.

chefann said:
mmm.... sounds good.
Don't forget about the mango salsa sundaes from a couple summers ago. That salsa would be a good part of ice cream nachos.
That salsa is awesome served just with cinnamon chips. I have used it as a B recipe several times. Pass it around with the salad chopper!

When I've made these for my daughter's slumber parties we use the cinnamon sugar tortilla chips, (I don't use PC products I'm not trying to sell to the girls and I want easy clean up) I use a large foil pan or plastic tray from the deli
Layer on scoops of assorted ice cream (we use rocky road, birthday cake and cookies and cream) I use the med SS scoop for easier eating and serving!!!
strawberry slices
hot fudge sauce
Reddi Whip
chopped nuts
coconut flakes
mini M & M 's or miniature chocolate chips

We have also had a plate of banana slices and pineapple tidbits.

Another thing to arange chips on is the Chilzanne Rectangle server, Makes the space a little smaller but it keeps the whole thing colder longer! I have make this the past and it's really good.

*Bump* I saw that someone posted a file for Ice Cream nachos on Director Success....but I'm a lowly SC, so I can't access it. (I only found it because it came up in a google search). Would one of you directors mind posting that file here? For your convenience- this is the thread link on Director Success..One gal was asking for info on them, and it sounded really good!Thanks!

esavvymom said:
*Bump* I saw that someone posted a file for Ice Cream nachos on Director Success....but I'm a lowly SC, so I can't access it. (I only found it because it came up in a google search). Would one of you directors mind posting that file here? For your convenience- this is the thread link on Director Success..One gal was asking for info on them, and it sounded really good!Thanks!
Here you go. I'm sure Deb won't mind sharing here.
ICE CREAM NACHOSIngredients:flour tortillas
cinnamon
sugar
Vanilla ice cream
2-3 Bananas
1 lb. Strawberries
whole, fresh pineapple
Nuts
Chocolate bar
Cool whip
Hot Fudge
Caramel sauce 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Mix equal parts cinnamon and sugar in the FLOUR/SUGAR SHAKER.
3. Lay out 2 tortillas on the LARGE GROOVED CUTTING BOARD. Brush with water using CHEF'S SILICONE BASTING BRUSH. Sprinkle with the cinnamon/sugar mixture.
4. Using PIZZA CUTTER, cut tortillas into triangles. Transfer to LARGE BAR PAN (or any other flat stone). Bake for 8-10 mins or until brown and crisp.
5. Spread tortilla chips all over the RECTANGULAR PLATTER WITH HANDLES
6. Rinse strawberries in the MESH COLANDERS.
7. Use the CORE N MORE to remove stems and then slice with the EGG SLICER PLUS. Place sliced strawberries in 2 CUP PREP BOWL.
8. Slice bananas with the EGG SLICER PLUS and place in 2 CUP PREP BOWL.
9. Using the LARGE GROOVED CUTTING BOARD and the FORGED CHEF’S KNIFE, cut the top and bottom off the pineapple and then cut in half horizontally (through the equator).
10. Cut both pieces of the pineapple using the PINEAPPLE WEDGER then cut the fruit into smaller chunks with the CHEF’S KNIFE.
11. Toast nuts in the 8" SAUTE PAN and then chop the nuts using the FOOD CHOPPER.
12. Using the SKINNY SCRAPER, place hot fudge in the SMALL MICROCOOKER and cook for 30-60 seconds until melted.
13. Place caramel dip in a 1 C PREP BOWL and microwave until warm/melted.
14. Using the MEDIUM SCOOP, fill the EASY ACCENT DECORATOR with Cool Whip.
15. Get the ice cream from the freezer and scoop on top of chips using the ICE CREAM DIPPER.
16. Add the strawberries, bananas, and pineapple on top of ice cream.
17. Top with Cool Whip in EASY ACCENT DECORATOR.
18. Use V-SHAPED CUTTER & SMALL BAMBOO SPOONS to drizzle hot fudge and caramel over all.
19. Garnish with chopped nuts and grate chocolate over the entire platter using the MICROPLANE ADJUSTABLE GRATER.
20. Serve using CHEF’S TOOLS SLOTTED TURNER OR SPOON. Note: You can also keep all the components separate and have everyone build their own nacho sundae.*
Deb Jennings #447038
Independent Team Leader
[email protected]

Thanks Beth!

I did a show several summers ago and called it my Nifty Nacho Show! It was so simple but everyone wanted it! It was basically meat and cheese nachos... and Ice Cream Nachos for desert! So many variations and things you can do with this! The main thing is to make it FUN!

you could freeze a large bar pan and create and serve the nacho's on that too.. I think this is awsome.. would be great with a grilled pizza..

Related to Grillin' and Chillin': Recipe Request

1. Can you recommend any vegetarian options for grilling?

Yes, we have a variety of delicious vegetarian recipes for grilling such as grilled vegetable skewers, grilled portobello mushrooms, and grilled veggie burgers. You can find these recipes on our website or in our "Grillin' and Chillin'" cookbook.

2. What is the best way to prevent food from sticking to the grill?

The key to preventing food from sticking to the grill is to make sure it is properly preheated and well-oiled before adding the food. You can also try brushing the food with a light coating of oil before grilling. Using a grilling basket or foil can also help prevent sticking.

3. Do you have any healthy options for grilling?

Absolutely! We have a variety of healthy grilling recipes such as grilled salmon with avocado salsa, grilled chicken and vegetable kabobs, and grilled veggie and quinoa salad. These recipes are all packed with flavor and are a great option for those looking for healthier grilling options.

4. Can you recommend a good marinade for grilling meat?

One of our top recommendations for a delicious and versatile marinade is our Classic BBQ Marinade. It's easy to make and works well with a variety of meats such as chicken, pork, and beef. You can find the recipe on our website or in our cookbook.

5. Are there any tips for grilling seafood?

When grilling seafood, it's important to keep a close eye on it as it can easily overcook. It's best to use a grilling basket or foil to prevent the fish from sticking to the grill. You can also marinate the seafood beforehand to add flavor and prevent it from drying out. Lastly, make sure the grill is well-oiled before adding the seafood to prevent sticking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
rebeccastt
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Chef Endora
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg