• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Greyhound Bus Question for Those Familiar With Chicago

In summary, the best and cheapest way to get to the Chicago Hilton from the Greyhound station is by taking the CTA Blue Line train for $2.50. A taxi is also an option, but may be more expensive. Transit Chicago has a map of bus and train routes to help you plan your trip. Welcome to Chicago and have a great stay at the Hilton!
Geekgirl69
Gold Member
I will be coming in on Greyhound bus, staying at the Chicago Hilton... what's the best/cheapest way to get to the hotel from where the Greyhound lets me off?

It came down to taking the 17 hour bus ride or missing out completely because I can't afford the airfare so on the bus I go.

Thanks in advance!

Where does the bus drop you off? Chicago has transit maps for bus and El routes, which may be the cheapest way, unless the bus depot is pretty close to the hotel.

Transit Chicago will give you public transportation options. You will likely need to bus it if you do public trans as most trains (the El and subway) move north-south through the Loop. Or you can take a cab.

DebbieJ said:
Transit Chicago will give you public transportation options. You will likely need to bus it if you do public trans as most trains (the El and subway) move north-south through the Loop.

Or you can take a cab.

Ok, it looks like for the least walking I should take the 7 bus or I can walk to Clinton-Blue and take Blue line to LaSalle and walk from there.

Guess I will see how heavy my bag is before I make that decision. Thanks for pointing me in the right website direction.

Hello! Welcome to Chicago! I'm sorry to hear that you had to take a long bus ride, but I'm glad you're still able to make it. The best and cheapest way to get to the Chicago Hilton from the Greyhound station is by taking public transportation. You can take the CTA Blue Line train from the Greyhound station to the Washington stop, which is just a few blocks away from the hotel. The fare is only $2.50 and it will take about 30 minutes. You can also take a taxi, but that may be a bit more expensive. I hope you have a great stay in Chicago and enjoy your time at the Hilton!

What is the closest Greyhound bus station to downtown Chicago?

The closest Greyhound bus station to downtown Chicago is the Chicago Greyhound Station, located at 630 W Harrison St, Chicago, IL 60607.

Are there any direct Greyhound buses from Chicago to other major cities?

Yes, Greyhound offers direct buses from Chicago to major cities such as New York, Los Angeles, Atlanta, and Dallas. You can check the Greyhound website for specific routes and schedules.

Is there parking available at the Greyhound bus station in Chicago?

Yes, there is parking available at the Chicago Greyhound Station. The parking lot is open 24 hours and accepts cash and credit card payments.

Can I bring luggage on the Greyhound bus?

Yes, you are allowed to bring luggage on the Greyhound bus. Each passenger is allowed one carry-on bag and up to two checked bags. Additional fees may apply for extra or oversized baggage.

Can I purchase Greyhound bus tickets at the Chicago station?

Yes, you can purchase Greyhound bus tickets at the Chicago Greyhound Station. You can also buy tickets online or through the Greyhound mobile app. It is recommended to buy tickets in advance to secure your seat and potentially save money on fares.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefkathy
  • MomToEli