• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Green Your Home with Our Summer Entertaining Set, Kitchen Spritzer, and More!

In summary, Annshared some tips on how to go green with your products. She mentioned that stainless steel is better for the environment, that you can reduce paper towel waste by using the salad spinner, that you can measure mix and pour while plastic to conserve resources, that kitchen towels reduce paper towel waste, and that going green usually means getting healthier. She also mentioned that stoneware cuts back on needing oils and butter when you cook, that suds pump helps conserve water, and that in the US the filler is paper, which is a change from foam-filled plastic.
pcheftammy
Since green is the new black, I was wondering how we could apply it to our products. I know there is the entire summer entertaining set, the kitchen spritzer and the cloth napkins and placemats. Any other ideas?:D

You can also promote that our products last longer and stay out of landfills, keep food fresh to prevent waste (salad spinner) and the products themselves last a long time and stay out of landfills!

Of course ... you can always point to the LOVELY green hue!

Microfiber Towel instead of disposable refills on Swiffer-type mop heads
Outdoor party plates, utensils and tumblers eliminate use of disposable products, reducing amount of trash in landfills
bamboo is a fast-growing renewable resource
QSP makes it easy to mix and serve juice from frozen concentrate, which has less packaging than ready to drink juice, again reducing the amount of trash in landfills
Smooth Edge Can Opener keeps cans safe for recycling center employees and anyone else who handles cans
So many of our tools make prep easier, eliminating the need to purchase pre-prepped food (shredded carrots, etc.). That reduces energy use and packaging.

chefann said:
Microfiber Towel instead of disposable refills on Swiffer-type mop heads
Outdoor party plates, utensils and tumblers eliminate use of disposable products, reducing amount of trash in landfills
bamboo is a fast-growing renewable resource
QSP makes it easy to mix and serve juice from frozen concentrate, which has less packaging than ready to drink juice, again reducing the amount of trash in landfills
Smooth Edge Can Opener keeps cans safe for recycling center employees and anyone else who handles cans
So many of our tools make prep easier, eliminating the need to purchase pre-prepped food (shredded carrots, etc.). That reduces energy use and packaging.

WOW Ann...these are Wonderful! Thanks for sharing!!;)

This is awesome. I am getting a lot of tips. I am doing a 2 day fair in Sept and the theme is going green. Thank you for the topic :)

There was an article on MSN sometime in the last week about Stainless Cookware being the best when going "green"... better for the environment to make and we all know the issues (blown way out of proportion in my opinion but people will believe what they will believe) with heating nonstick cookware and fumes given off.

I love the tie-in of the green knives. I know they aren't eco in themselves...but the color is such a great way to highlight the whole 'going green' theme.

No paper towel waste when using the Salad and Berry Spinner.

All of our glass storage- batter bowl, prep bowls, pinch bowls, and the stainless mixing bowls are very green friendly- no BPA's which is very important to people worried about it leaching into their foods.
Measure mix & pour while plastic, makes enough dressing for a week, cutting down on waste from bottled salad dressing each week.
Kitchen towels reduce paper towels.
Going green usually means getting healthier, so all of our stoneware cuts back on needing oils and butter when you cook.

I live in England and when I first started as a consultant (in Feb 08) the products were delivered in a good cardboard box and lots of paper - both of which you can recycle here. Recently I have noticed that they have started using air filled plastic - which you can't recycle here.

How's it work in the US?

Our filler is paper, which is a change from foam-filled plastic that they used a year or so ago.

Related to Green Your Home with Our Summer Entertaining Set, Kitchen Spritzer, and More!

1. What is included in the Summer Entertaining Set?

The Summer Entertaining Set includes a variety of eco-friendly kitchen tools and accessories such as a reusable bamboo serving set, a bamboo cutting board, and a set of glass straws. It also comes with a bonus recipe book filled with delicious and healthy summer recipes.

2. How does the Kitchen Spritzer work?

The Kitchen Spritzer is a refillable spray bottle that uses a hand-operated pump to create a fine mist of your favorite cooking oils. This allows for a healthier and more controlled way of adding oils to your cooking. Simply fill the bottle with your preferred oil, pump the top a few times to build pressure, and then spritz onto your pan or food.

3. Are the products in this set environmentally friendly?

Yes, all of the products in this set are designed with the environment in mind. The bamboo serving set and cutting board are made from sustainable bamboo, which is a fast-growing and renewable resource. The glass straws eliminate the need for single-use plastic straws, and the Kitchen Spritzer promotes a more sustainable way of using cooking oils.

4. Can I use the Summer Entertaining Set for outdoor barbecues?

Absolutely! The Summer Entertaining Set is perfect for all types of summer gatherings, including outdoor barbecues. The durable bamboo serving set and cutting board are great for serving up grilled meats and veggies, and the glass straws are a fun and eco-friendly way to enjoy your favorite summer beverages.

5. Is the recipe book included with the set specific to certain dietary restrictions?

No, the recipe book included with the Summer Entertaining Set features a variety of recipes suitable for all dietary preferences. From vegetarian and vegan options to gluten-free and dairy-free recipes, there is something for everyone to enjoy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
twopamperedchefs
Replies
Views
Windy City Pampered Chef
  • its_me_susan
  • Pampered Chef Sales