• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Greek Lemon Chicken Soup--Awesome!

In summary, the conversation discusses a delicious soup recipe that is perfect for summer and can be found in the cookbook "It's Good for You". The recipe uses light olive oil and chicken breast pieces cooked in a 10" skillet. It is suggested as a great option for an afternoon show and for people looking to upgrade their cookware. The recipe is loved by the speaker and their family, and they enjoyed making it while pregnant. They also mention the importance of soup and bread in Eastern European cuisine.
tpopescu
Year-round we eat soup in my home. I just made this soup yesterday and it is delicious! It is very light for summer. It will definitely become one of my family's stand-by recipes. You can find the recipe in "It's Good for You". It would be nice for an afternoon show and uses the cookware. Might be good for a show where you know people think they have "everything PC makes..." Often these people are ready to upgrade their cookware to something better than their scratched up old skillet .

I used some thin chicken breast pieces, and just salted and peppered them. I cooked them in the 10" skillet on med high in light olive oil until they were nicely browned. It adds really nice flavor to the soup. Try it!

I love this recipe! It's a great dinner with a salad and some warmed whole-wheat pita bread. mmmm....

Mmmm, yummy!! I forgot all about this soup. I made this a lot when I was pregnant with my (now) 2 1/2 year old daughter. I had lots of lemon-y type cravings! My husband thought this soup was too lemony, but I loved it! I want to make it again now!:)

My hubby is Eastern European...Romanian..soup is part of their day. As is their bread....I only wish I could make it like they do. Go for it! Enjoy the soup!

Hi there! I'm so glad you enjoyed the soup recipe from "It's Good for You". I completely agree that it's a perfect light option for summer. I love incorporating our cookware into my recipes, and this soup is a great way to showcase its versatility. Thank you for the tip about using chicken breast pieces in the 10" skillet - I will definitely have to try that next time I make this soup. And you're right, it would be a great addition to an afternoon show, especially for those who already have a lot of our products and are looking to upgrade their cookware. Thanks for sharing your experience with us! Happy cooking!

1. What are the key ingredients in Greek Lemon Chicken Soup?

The main ingredients in Greek Lemon Chicken Soup are chicken broth, lemon juice, chicken, rice, eggs, and seasonings such as garlic, oregano, and dill.

2. Is this soup difficult to make?

No, Greek Lemon Chicken Soup is a relatively easy and simple recipe to make. It requires basic cooking skills and can be made in under an hour.

3. Can I use a different type of protein instead of chicken?

Yes, you can substitute chicken with other proteins such as shrimp, tofu, or even chickpeas for a vegetarian option.

4. How do I adjust the lemon flavor in the soup?

The amount of lemon juice used can be adjusted to suit your personal preference. You can start with a smaller amount and add more as needed, tasting as you go.

5. Can I make this soup in advance?

Yes, you can make the soup in advance and store it in the fridge for a few days. Just make sure to reheat it thoroughly before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lindseystar
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
lindseystar
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • chefann