• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grapefruit Salad: Important Info for Spring/Summer SB Demos

In summary, the New Grapefruit Salad is a fresh and delicious dish made with grapefruit, mixed greens, avocado, red onion, and a citrus vinaigrette dressing. It is gluten-free and can be made more filling by adding protein such as grilled chicken, shrimp, or tofu, as well as quinoa or chickpeas for a vegetarian option. The salad is best eaten the same day it is prepared, but can stay fresh for up to 2 days if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It is recommended to assemble and dress the salad right before serving to maintain the freshness of the greens.
pkd09
Silver Member
For those of you who are planning to demo this new recipe in the Spring/Summer SB take note: Many individuals who are on a cholesterol medicine are not allowed to eat/drink anything with grapefruit. My husband and I are two of them so this is one recipe I won't even try. Just wanted to let you know.

I made it with naval oranges (used 2 big ones) earlier this week. Also very tasty combo!

That is a great alternative ... thank you. The salad looks so yummy so I was bummed when I saw grapefruit. My husband LOVES grapefruit and he can not have it any more. Thanks again.

Glad to be of help, I have a lot of food restrictions myself on the Renal (dialysis) diet.btw...spinach and strawberries (sliced with egg slicer!) may sound a strange combo but with raspberry or balsamic vinegrette dressing, it is a winner. With out without chicken :) Not the tang of grapefruit---but tasty!

I am making the salad for an open house tomorrow and bought both oranges and grapefruit because I was not sure enough people would like grapefruit.

Great advice - thank you!

CookingwithMary said:
I made it with naval oranges (used 2 big ones) earlier this week. Also very tasty combo!
This is what I did for my open house the other night and everyone loved it!

Good tip about the fruits; I'm not a grapefruit fan so I'd like to try oranges.

This is a great substiution, thank you. I am using this recipe next month and it'll be nice to offer the guests an option between the two.

What are the ingredients for the New Grapefruit Salad?

The New Grapefruit Salad is made with fresh grapefruit, mixed greens, avocado, red onion, and a citrus vinaigrette dressing.

Is the New Grapefruit Salad gluten-free?

Yes, the New Grapefruit Salad is gluten-free. The only potential source of gluten would be the dressing, but it is made with gluten-free ingredients.

How can I make the New Grapefruit Salad more filling?

You can add protein to the New Grapefruit Salad by including grilled chicken, shrimp, or tofu. You can also add some quinoa or chickpeas for a vegetarian option.

How long will the New Grapefruit Salad stay fresh?

The New Grapefruit Salad is best eaten the same day it is prepared. If stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, it can stay fresh for up to 2 days, but the grapefruit may become slightly soggy.

Can I make the New Grapefruit Salad ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the ingredients for the New Grapefruit Salad ahead of time, but it is best to assemble and dress the salad right before serving to prevent the greens from becoming soggy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nikki70563
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
nikki70563
Replies
Views
chefloretta
  • PampMomof3
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies