• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Empowering PC Business Success: Setting Goals & Accountability

In summary, the group has set goals for the month of August for their PC business. They plan to hold each other accountable with love and encouragement, and without condemnation. Some of the goals include submitting shows, signing recruits, reaching a certain sales amount, and promoting to director. They also hope to qualify new recruits and earn incentives. Some members also mention struggling with making phone calls and booking shows. Overall, the group is supportive and excited to see each other reach their goals.
pchefinski
Alright I bit the bullet -- here's a place for our goals. (I wasn't sure of where to put it, so I just put it here.) I figure we can hold each other accountable with love and encouragement, and without condemnation, which I think we may fear we'll get if we admit we haven't met our goals. I know everyone here is full of support and we'll root each other on and help one another to reach our goals and attain the success we want to find in our PC business. Good luck to everyone and I can't wait to see how many goals we all can reach!

Going out on a limb here... My goal for August is to hold and submit 5 shows and 1 recruit. Now, I know for many of you that's way low, but TPC is part-time for me and this is a realistic goal for me.

Jeanie Gay

My goal is to submit 4 shows @ $500 + and sign one recruit. Help me stick to it, girls!

We are taking a 10 day vacation in August and I've already decided I'm going to enjoy that and not stress myself out. I have 2 shows scheduled in August - I am going to make those awesome shows and reach the $1000 mark in sales. I am also aiming for 1 recruit while the incentive is on!!

I just wish I had someone to encourage me to make those calls - my biggest stumbling block!

My August goal is 8 shows and 2 recruits!
I have 8 shows booked... I need to book another 1 or 2 just to be safe... people tend to "Flake" in the summer.

My August Goals:
~ Sell $2,000 in CS. (don't care how many shows I have 5 so far and a fair @ begining of August)
~ Recruit 1 more
~ Qualify my 2 newest recruits
~ Go into Sept. w/ 10 bookings or more
I better stop so it is realistic!:)

My august goals are to do 12 shows- and get two recruits qualified!!!

My goals just got bigger--to promote to director by the end of August...I have 5 recruits-just have to get the qualified....everyone cross there fingers for me!!!1

Last edited:
I want 6 shows (have 2) with sales over $3K. I want to recruit 2 new people. I was hoping to promote by Sept to get the new products ASAP! Phone calls anyone?! I, too, would love to go into Sept with 10 shows!

GoalsMy goal is to book 8 shows for August, recruit 2 and qualify my 2 newest! Not sure how I am going to get the shows though, since I didn't have anything in July!!!! :confused:

My goal is 8 shows for August (have 5 so far), recruit 1 more (have 5), promote by Sept. 1st. (already have my Director Agreement waiting on my desk!) and $3500 in sales (although I would love to have $4000....)

Does anyone know if I will get the new products if I promote by Sept 1st or do I have to wait til next season?

YES! I would like to qualify my newest recruit to!

Mine is pretty general: I think I want to start recruiting and am having an Open house for the potential leads next month so I am hoping something comes of that.

2. I want to at least reach level 1 Incentives Reward for this year! I am 1/2 way there so my goal I guess is $2k a month until December!

my goal is to submit $1250 in sales to get the mid-season products for free.

Aug GoalMy goal is also to earn the mid-season products free. So I need $1250 in sales but I only have 3 shows on the books so I need to book a couple more. I also want to recruit one more and qualify at least 2. I recruited 2 this month and my husband would really love those Home Depot gift cards!

Well, as y'all can see by my signature, I plan on walking at leadership. So I need to recruit 4 or more and qualify 5! I have one signed, qualified INACTIVE recruit and one recruit that signed July 1st!

I would also like to finish booking my Aug and Sept. My goal is to book8 or more shows a month. For Aug, which is WOW month in the Ishee cluster, I'd like to have 12, but am skeptical about that! I have 3 booked so far and 2 maybe's. I have 2 booked for Sept and 3 maybe's.

1.I want the mid season products. I need to sell $1250. I have 2 shows booked right now and I want to do 4 more this month. This may seem low to a few of you but high for me. I have never done more than 3 a month.

2. I have a hard time getting on the phone and talking up PC. I need to work on that.

I'm going all out, I want to be a Director before my baby comes in December. I have one qualified recruit just now, 6 booked for August, 3 booked in the first two weeks of September and two coffee's set up with potential recruits in the next three weeks. I also have a lady who wants to join but her house just flooded and can't hold her party (to use host points towards kit) so don't know when she'll come on board.

The incentive trip for the UK for next year is Rome and I want to be there with my hubby, even though I'll miss one of our double points months as I'll have just had a baby (January). We're on double points just now for August and first two weeks of September so I have to earn over half the points during then and for recruiting for the next few months.

so overall here are my goals:

~Director by November (which means 4 more hired and qualified)

~win trip for two to Rome by doing the following (18000 points as Director):
3000 in sales in August (double points)
1500 in sales in first two weeks of Sept* (double points)
500 in sales in January at one party (already booked with past host, double points)
1-2 recruits every month from now until Dec 1st, then starting up again in February 1-2 recruits for final two months of earning period (minimum req. 6 recruits at 500 points each makes 3000)
2750 in sales in February
2750 in sales in March

*Sept 15th - Dec 1 sales are not part of earning period :(

I need to start getting 8-10 shows on the calendar a month, starting in August! I'd love to have 1-3 recruits per month as well! I'm trying to replace my income from my other job by Christmas so that I can resign. My ultimate goal is to become a director...and if I could walk the stage at Leadership, that would be awesome!!!

My August goals...August is my SS1, so I'd like to make at least the $1250 in sales to get the first packet. I'd love to bank some sales as well, but I like to goal set conservatively and blow it out of the water! :) That is almost $300 in commission, or about all the money I've spent so far with the starter kit, website and office supplies, LOL.

If I can get another show or two, great. But I have four so I have already surpassed my original goal of 2!

And I'd like to book at least 4 shows for Sept. I already have one set.

I am not going to put a recruiting goal yet but I would like to work on talking to people about that. I have a friend that should attend one of my Aug shows that has been unemployed for nearly 4 mos now...so she would be a potential as we worked together in our day jobs fundraising and she has the skills. We shall see if that works itself out or not. I'm trying to just inform, not be too pushy!

One of my goals is to get out of my comfort zone and get out there and get more bookings. I wuuld like to start recruiting too. I am doing a couple booths at tso county fairs so I hope this will help me out.

jwpamp said:
Does anyone know if I will get the new products if I promote by Sept 1st or do I have to wait til next season?

Janice, My Director said that I'd get Level 3 if I could promote by a certain date, but I'm not certain what that date is. I have to call her tomorrow for help with my VERY 1st Recruit Interview. I've recruited 2, but they were both my hosts, and this girl has NEVER EVEN BEEN TO A SHOW!! Wish me luck.

lisacb77 said:
I am not going to put a recruiting goal yet but I would like to work on talking to people about that. I have a friend that should attend one of my Aug shows that has been unemployed for nearly 4 mos now...so she would be a potential as we worked together in our day jobs fundraising and she has the skills. We shall see if that works itself out or not. I'm trying to just inform, not be too pushy!

Lisa, One thing I will tell you is to not wait. Make certain to talk to EVERYONE about not only booking/hosting, but also about joining you in the business. JUST ASK!! This is my new mantra! I picked it up from conference and will NEVER forget it. You don't want to be in the biz for a while and then learn that a prior host or guest just signed with someone else because you didn't ask. MAKE SURE TO ASK EVERYONE! People that you think would never go for it could be the one that sets your biz on FIRE!

Last edited:
ATLANTIS!
And, I'm terrible at recruiting, but I want to sign (and hopefully QUALIFY) 3 recruits for the July/Aug promo. I've got one- we'll see if we can get her qualified!
Here's a long-shot for me since I'm TERRIBLE about qualifying/retaining consultants: TPC in recruiting!!!
Oh, also when school starts I want to spend some time really meeting with the area home builders and trying to hook them on closing gifts.
And Pampering a business once or twice a season!

My goal for August is 6 shows with at least $2,500 in sales (trying to earn level 1) and 1 recruit

Thanks!Donna, thanks for the tip! I do plan to work the recruiting info into my shows, as well as ask about that and bookings as I check out each guest at a Kitchen Show. I guess I just want to set my expectation low and be pleasantly surprised when it works!

Okay, here's my goal for August:

To make $3000.00 in sales. I have 5 shows booked and 2 maybes. I need 3 more shows booked at least.

To recruit at least 2 people. I have an Opportunity Night on Aug 4. So we'll see.

To reach the 15,000 career sales mark, I am at about 12,000 right now.

I guess that's it. I guess I better hit the phones tonight.

Charlie

Goals for the next 12 monthsMy goals are to become a Director before the next Nat'l Conference

To increase my show schedule to a consistent 4 shows a month

I'd also like to earn Level 1 of the Irresistable Rewards...

I currently have 2 recruits, but one looks like she may go inactive, so I need to recruit and qualify 4 more!

Thank you! Here goes...I didn't go to conference, but the Cluster meeting got me fired up! I spent all weekend organizing my business.

1. August looks good for me - 5 solid shows with 2 Open Houses/Previews
2. I want to Jam pack my Sept & October! I'll take as many as I can get. Hubby is really on board with this one.
3. I would really like to get 2 recruits before the end of the year. So, I'm going to try to focus on recruiting more.
4. Spend time on getting some Bridal Registrys - visit local halls, etc.
5. Personally I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Level 2 - I should get Level 1 easily - I'm almost there now $4K away.

Thanks for this thread - are you going to follow-up and hold us accountable?!?!?

Joanne

My August Goals-
$2500 in sales:)
4 bookings for September
1 recruit (would be my first one)2 would be better
Earn my SS3 stuff as well as mid-season products

Well, my goals are going to sound a bit strange.
I am kind of skipping August, just doing a few catalog shows that I have out.
My goals will start in Sept.
I am striving for: 6 shows in Sept. with at least $2500 in sales.
Starting to make at least 2 non booking related calls per day.
Recruit 1 person by November to be a Future.
Leslie

Cat,
Great minds must think alike because I have the same goals. I don't however have any recruits yet. I do have a few interested so we shall see. I also want to have shows that stick. I started with 9 shows this month and will end with 4

Okie Doke.
2 signed recruits for sept. 2 qualified recruits for august ( already signed)
4 cooking shows
at least 1500 in sales.
I am really trying hard for a consistant business. for me that would be 4 shows.

dollfangs said:
Cat,
Great minds must think alike because I have the same goals. I don't however have any recruits yet. I do have a few interested so we shall see. I also want to have shows that stick. I started with 9 shows this month and will end with 4

Melissa,
Well, we will just have to keep encouraging each other then!

Best wishes,
Cat

I am just starting out. I went to my first show last Saturday and I LOVED IT!!! I decided that I would like to host shows, they are so fun!! I have a show booked for August 12 and my goal is to have another by the end of August along with outside orders. (I work full time for someone else right now and hate my job--Finance Company). Is this a good goal for someone just starting out, or should I shoot higher?

lbishop said:
I am just starting out. I went to my first show last Saturday and I LOVED IT!!! I decided that I would like to host shows, they are so fun!! I have a show booked for August 12 and my goal is to have another by the end of August along with outside orders. (I work full time for someone else right now and hate my job--Finance Company). Is this a good goal for someone just starting out, or should I shoot higher?

Welcome! Since you're asking about goals, I think you'll do great with your new business.

Should you shoot higher? One way to know what your show schedule should be is to decide what you want (need) from your Pampered Chef paycheck. When you know what kind of money you want to make, you can plan how many shows you need to have in a month/week.

Regardless of whether you view this as a hobby or a business, I encourage everyone to hold at least one show a week. When you present shows on a (at least) a weekly basis, you feel more comfortable at each show, you develop a flow and it becomes more fun for you and your guests. When you wait a week (or two) between shows, it's as if you are starting all over again each time you leave your home. There isn't a flow and you (and your guests) can feel the difference.

Good luck! Have fun! Come back to ask questions and share your insights.

WELL...my goal is a bit different. My August goal is to decide what I want to do with my PC business. Since I signed earlier this year I've pretty much been treating this like a hobby, instead of a business. I've got to decide if this is my hobby, or if I want to grow this into a business. There are advantages to each, but I need to figure out which one is the right path for me.

I currently work at several different jobs--none full-time, all from home (mostly). I monitor grants for a non-profit (this pays me a full-time salary but I don't work a regular 40-hour week), I write restaurant reviews for a local magazine, and I lobby during our yearly legislative session. One (or more) of these jobs will have to go if I decided to make PC a career.

Decisions, decisions, decisions!

Bumping this up!!!!
My August Goals:
~ Sell $2,000 in CS. (don't care how many shows I have 5 so far and a fair @ begining of August)
~ Recruit 1 more
~ Qualify my 2 newest recruits
~ Go into Sept. w/ 10 bookings or more
I better stop so it is realistic!

Update on my August goals:
~sold about 3,800
~recruited 1 more :D
~haven't got my 2 qualified
~I am going into sept w/ 7 cooking shows and 2 catalog shows

My September goals:
~sell 3,500 in CS
~recruit 1
~Go into Oct. w/ 10 bookings or more
~Sell 36 stones!!!

I want to buy my son a quad in cash before we go camping in November, and slowly start paying off other bills. I need to stop buying excess stuff I don't need.

I hope other people reach their goals the same way I have. Shoot for the stars!

Amanda,

Awesome job on your goals! I just decided last week to post a goals chart in my office to keep me focused.

My September goals:

$2500 in sales
1 new recruit
10 bookings in September
sell 24 stones

Looking for a great September!

Michele

I feel kinda odd for quoting myself, but here goes...
DZmom said:
Well, as y'all can see by my signature, I plan on walking at leadership. So I need to recruit 4 or more and qualify 5! I have one signed, qualified INACTIVE recruit and one recruit that signed July 1st!

I would also like to finish booking my Aug and Sept. My goal is to book8 or more shows a month. For Aug, which is WOW month in the Ishee cluster, I'd like to have 12, but am skeptical about that! I have 3 booked so far and 2 maybe's. I have 2 booked for Sept and 3 maybe's.

My July & August were terrible. I only submitted $380 in July and $817 in August. I had a family crisis that I had to take care of. To be perfectly honest, I've not had a cooking show since July 14th. My August sales came from hold over July shows.

Now for how I'm turning my business around. Because that's the most important part. If you've seen my recent post about my September, then you all know that I've got 6 Cooking Shows on the calendar, the most I've EVER had. Plus, 2 catalog shows and 2 bookings and a 3-Day Trade Fair in Oct.

My newest recruit just qualified the end of August. She earned the knives, her SS1 and the midseason products! Plus, she banked $556! I'm so proud of her! As is my Director. My recruit attended her first cluster meeting all by herself. I was unable to go and she drove herself an away to a meeting where she knew no one else. We were very impressed with her and her commitment to The Pampered Chef!

Sorry for rambling, but I'm trying to channel the excitment I returned home from Conference with. See you all at Leadership 2007! Dallas here we come!!

cat said:
My goals are to become a Director before the next Nat'l Conference

To increase my show schedule to a consistent 4 shows a month

I'd also like to earn Level 1 of the Irresistable Rewards...

I currently have 2 recruits, but one looks like she may go inactive, so I need to recruit and qualify 4 more!

Thanks for bumping this up!! Haha...it IS weird to quote myself! :rolleyes:

For Sept, I've got 4 cooking shows and 3 catalog shows scheduled. I have one maybe for October and one for December.

My two recruits are still active (one of my recruits is ALSO a future director now) and I have 2 potentials sitting on the fence.

Hope to keep this momentum going through next year! For most of my two years in the business, I've only averaged one or two shows a month! Working on building up my business!!

I've decided to make PC a hobby. I don't have any hobbies (aside from cooking) and how many hobbies actually make you money? ;) I've been trying to force a career from PC when it is best as a hobby. I can have my time out, get to know people without business pressures, earn a little extra $ here and there for a date night or whatever, and not feel like I've given up on something I love so much. If it turns into something bigger in the future, that is great. If not, I have peace with it being a hobby thing. I definately respect those who consult part- or full-time, and I look up to you. Maybe God will allow me to do that one day. But right now, He has something else for me. I think I might be able to work with a friend of mine who has a 3 year old special needs child. With my 3 yr old special needs nephew Tyler passing away so suddenly just a couple months ago, this little boy has captured my heart and I am honored to possibly work with his mom in taking care of him. (Getting paid $18 an hour to fellowship with her and play with her son is icing on the already yummy cake!) So this isn't the normal goals.. I'm not reaching for x amt of shows or sales, etc. I'm finally at peace with it being how it is, and not striving for more than it's supposed to be at the moment. :D

Okay, jumping off the cliff here....I want to triple my business......
Sept., I want one signed recruit, 8 bookings (I have 3 already booked so 5 more).
Oct. I want one signed recruit, 10 bookings ( I have one booked so far and an expo to do)

Nov. I want two signed recruits 15 bookings ( I have NOTHING so far)

Dec. I want all signed recruits qualified and at LEAST 4 bookings ( again NOTHING as of now)

I ALSO want to pick up the phone.....I talk all the time on the phone, not sure what my problem is, but I'm going to do this.....

Look at all my guests info, write all contact info down, schedule time for 3 hours to do POWER TRIFECTOR.....AND when I sit down at my desk I'm going to shoot for a goal of "NO'S" so, "I'm shooting for 15 no's tonight"......reverse psychology on myself......

I ALSO want my hubby to SMILE when I mention the Pampered Chef to friends and family, not roll his eyes....which I have ALREADY talked to him about as it is discouraging ANYONE from doing business with me the little business killer....sorry, negativity is NOT an option....

I am GOING to walk as NEW DIRECTOR next year at CONFERENCE.....that is my one year goal.....AND I want to hear the shouts from CHEFFERS ALL OVER when I DO Walk.....

Okay, so this afternoon is the 24 for 24 challenge I have given myself and I AM picking up that phone, I don't CARE how many no's I get or how irritated anyone gets, I'm gonna SMILE and be HAPPY....naturally EXCITED BY THE MONTHS SPECIALS.....

I WILL update......

So, THANKS YOU GUYS ROCK SOOOOO MUCH.......:p

So here are my goals,

I have been doing this for five months.. so their small ones but hey you have to start somewhere don't you??

I want to increase my bookings from three a month to six a month.
I want to increase my show attendance from 6-10 to 15 people.. nto sure how to go about that one.
I want to increase my show average from $ 200.00 range isn't that sad???

So these are my basic goals..... like I said I need to start somewhere!!!

pchefinski said:
I've decided to make PC a hobby. I don't have any hobbies (aside from cooking) and how many hobbies actually make you money? ;) I've been trying to force a career from PC when it is best as a hobby. I can have my time out, get to know people without business pressures, earn a little extra $ here and there for a date night or whatever, and not feel like I've given up on something I love so much. If it turns into something bigger in the future, that is great. If not, I have peace with it being a hobby thing. I definately respect those who consult part- or full-time, and I look up to you. Maybe God will allow me to do that one day. But right now, He has something else for me. I think I might be able to work with a friend of mine who has a 3 year old special needs child. With my 3 yr old special needs nephew Tyler passing away so suddenly just a couple months ago, this little boy has captured my heart and I am honored to possibly work with his mom in taking care of him. (Getting paid $18 an hour to fellowship with her and play with her son is icing on the already yummy cake!) So this isn't the normal goals.. I'm not reaching for x amt of shows or sales, etc. I'm finally at peace with it being how it is, and not striving for more than it's supposed to be at the moment. :D

Good luck Amanda! I know you posted at a previous thread of your struggles with getting PC off the ground for an entire year. I wish you the best with your new endeavor and hope to see you here at CS regularly still~ even if doing it as a Hobby! Hopefuly someday you can do this full time and really get it going to where you want it to be!

My director gave everyone in our cluster an envelope entitled "raising the bar." On there she wront our highest show sales, most recruits in one month, most bookings in one month, etc. Then, to the highest show sales and highest month sales we need to add $100. (ex. highest show was $500. This time you need to sell $600 in one show.) and to each recruit or booking goal we added 1.
At my next meeting however many goals we reached we get a prize out of the prize bucket.
I thought it was a neat way to set reasonable goals.
I have my first show tongiht and i hope to double my goal! I am shooting high. (my goal is $100 over the average show. So it is like $590 something.) there are 22 people coming so ii think it will be good!

My goal is to have my next show be a $1000 show. Or maybe a $2000 one. :) It's for realtors and I"m hoping to really sell the pizza gift sets. It's my 2nd show ever.

britishchef said:
My goal is to have my next show be a $1000 show. Or maybe a $2000 one. :) It's for realtors and I"m hoping to really sell the pizza gift sets. It's my 2nd show ever.

That is an awsome goal to aim for!!!! WORK HARD YOU CAN DO IT!! GOOD LUCK!!

Bumping this Up!!!!!!!
My September goals:
~sell 3,500 in CS
~recruit 1
~Go into Oct. w/ 10 bookings or more
~Sell 36 stones!!!

I want to buy my son a quad in cash before we go camping in November, and slowly start paying off other bills. I need to stop buying excess stuff I don't need.

I hope other people reach their goals the same way I have. Shoot for the stars!

My September was awesome, my highest month yet w/ pc. I sold $4,615.81, and best yet not 1 but 3 $1,000 shows in 1 week. The other cool thing is I had 3 cancelations, and still pulled this month off. I also sold I think 56 stones.

My October was great again, I had numerous cancelations, but pulled 2 $1000 shows off, and sold $4,090 in 3 live shows. I wish it could be this easy every month. A possible recruit, got to get her to sign. Paid cash for my son's cycle (quad) it should be here this week. I love it!

My November goals:
~Sell $3,000
~Make Level 2 of sell athon
~Organize my office (it looks like a tornado hit)
~recruit 1
~go into December w/ at least 6 bookings
~have 4 bookings for January

My goals are low for November, but I am taking a week off to be back on the east coast w/ family for my grandfather's funeral, and we have our anual family camping trip to S. California at the Sand Dunes. It will be so warm, I can't wait. I am going to use the $1,000 catalog show idea. I am really looking forward to it.:D

goals???whenever I set goals for myself I fail and of course that makes me believe I can't do this. I find myself asking questions like....what are you doing, are you crazy, why do you think you're a sales person? Then I come here and you all encourage me to keep moving on.

Last night I sent out an email ($1000 holiday Mystery Host) to everyone I have addys for and guess what? I got a reply this morning and will be sending out the packet tomorrow. I also have 2 others who wanted to order so that will be $200 more (Im hoping). I'm so excited I can't wait to send in my first $1000 show.

So I guess my goals for this season are 1. $1000 show 2. Get 5 bookings (I have none now, so 5 will be a huge success) 3. Get a jump start on my Jan calendar so I can work smarter not harder next year. 4. Get out of the family and friends group (its killing me) Im sure if I think harder I could come up with more.

Thanks a bunch to all you wonderful ladies.

Okay I am jumping off (the couch) hahaha
no, seriously...her are my goals for the rest of the year...

November
5 shows with sales of $2000+ (I have 2 shows booked right now)
2 recruits (I have a couple leads)
Get my desk and PC stuff organized - I hate scrambling to get ready for a show!

December
5 shows with sales of $2000+ - no shows at this point :(
2 recruits
And get January looking like I have a real business going! I want to do 10 shows in January!

Diane, could you email me a copy of your $1000 holiday Mystery Host show? I think that will help me get started!

Thanks!

Susan

Soozeeq said:
Okay I am jumping off (the couch) hahaha
no, seriously...her are my goals for the rest of the year...

November
5 shows with sales of $2000+ (I have 2 shows booked right now)
2 recruits (I have a couple leads)
Get my desk and PC stuff organized - I hate scrambling to get ready for a show!

December
5 shows with sales of $2000+ - no shows at this point :(
2 recruits
And get January looking like I have a real business going! I want to do 10 shows in January!

Diane, could you email me a copy of your $1000 holiday Mystery Host show? I think that will help me get started!

Thanks!

Susan

here's the link for it on here
http://chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?t=12465

you may want to change some of the dates

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Humble Beginnings
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
Replies