• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Apple MacBook Air Worth the Investment for College Students?

In summary, Apple released a new MacBook Air which is thinner and has no optical drive. The RAM is soldered in, so it is not upgradable. It costs $1800 and is available now.
chefann
Gold Member
Apple - MacBook AirIt's so cool!! I sure as shootin' don't need another computer, but it's so neat!Here's the ad.

LOL! I just saw a piece about this on the Today show, and thought of you Ann! I KNEW you would want it!:D

I'm currently saving for my MacBook, I'm sure that the new one is out of my price range though!

MY DH just told me about this last night.

The MacBook Air starts at $1800. The RAM is soldered in, so it's not upgradeable. And there's no optical drive (CD/DVD), because there's a limit to how thin those are. My MacBook is only 6 months old, so there's absolutely no need for me to replace it. But the Air is so cool looking! And it would be easy to take to shows because it's so light.Edited to correct: oops- there's no on-board optical drive. It comes with an external one for installing software, etc.

Last edited:
I'm saving my Best Buy $$ to go toward a Mac...I'm thinking MacBook, but time and money will tell. I would like this one, but I'm afraid I would break it! Way cool!

My dh informed me last night that he wants this. I told him he could have one once the very expensive immigration bill was paid off. He announced that we were not eating out anymore. I think he REALLY wants one!!

You'll know he REALLY wants one when he starts asking you when your next show is and how much your commission check was. :)

chefann said:
The MacBook Air starts at $1800. The RAM is soldered in, so it's not upgradeable. And there's no optical drive (CD/DVD), because there's a limit to how thin those are. My MacBook is only 6 months old, so there's absolutely no need for me to replace it. But the Air is so cool looking! And it would be easy to take to shows because it's so light.

Edited to correct: oops- there's no on-board optical drive. It comes with an external one for installing software, etc.

I was trying to figure that one out when you first posted this!

chefann said:
You'll know he REALLY wants one when he starts asking you when your next show is and how much your commission check was. :)

Nope- I wont be paying for THIS indulgence. I just got my laptop and I like it just fine. He will have to buy this one with his OWN money!!

Super cool. I like my macbook though... :)

I meant if he's checking your commission to have you pay off the immigration bill.

Hey, roomie! We needed someone to get a pic of us nerdin' it up on our matching computers. :)

PSA: She is not ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ referring to me.

Well, thanks, KG. If people weren't thinking it before, they sure are thinking it now. :rolleyes:You're gonna ruin my reputation!

It was the least I could do.I have to admit, I was going to start this thread when I saw the announcement, but you beat me too it.

DH was bummed that he couldn't watch the live webcast of the keynote yesterday afternoon. The Time Machine software they announced is pretty cool, too. (As is the Mac & PC commercial for it. :) )

Have you seen the story of Microsoft getting a patent on Big Brother software that monitors a person's vital signs along with everything else they do?That's scary.

The title of this thread had me curious, but if I knew if it were Ann S writing it, it would be safe to read it!!!!:sing:

If you see that title, and know the poster is Ann, you can bet it's about a Macintosh.

Colleen, Kate and I made sure we bugged the Tech Room guys about a Mac version of P3 at Leadership. :) (Kate doesn't have a Mac, but she has a recruit who does.)

missyciccolella said:
I'm saving my Best Buy $$ to go toward a Mac...I'm thinking MacBook, but time and money will tell. I would like this one, but I'm afraid I would break it! Way cool!

My daughter is a senior this year and is DYING for a MacBook to take to college. It's all she talks about :) When I was telling my husband about the Best Buy $$, she came running out of her room and said I could give her the cards to apply towards the MacBook! What a great idea.....FOR HER :)

1. How long is the limited time offer for the Apple MacBook Air?

The limited time offer for the Apple MacBook Air is available for a limited period of time, usually a few weeks or months. It is best to check our website or contact a Pampered Chef consultant for the specific end date of the offer.

2. Is the Apple MacBook Air available for purchase through Pampered Chef parties?

Yes, the Apple MacBook Air can be purchased through a Pampered Chef party. Simply contact your consultant and they can assist you with placing an order.

3. What are the specifications of the Apple MacBook Air being offered?

The Apple MacBook Air being offered through Pampered Chef has a 13.3-inch display, 8GB of memory, and 128GB of storage. It also comes with the latest macOS operating system and a powerful Intel Core processor.

4. Can I use Pampered Chef rewards or discounts towards the purchase of the Apple MacBook Air?

Unfortunately, Pampered Chef rewards and discounts cannot be applied towards the purchase of the Apple MacBook Air. However, you can still earn rewards on the purchase.

5. Is the Apple MacBook Air covered by a warranty?

Yes, the Apple MacBook Air comes with a 1-year limited warranty from the manufacturer. You can also purchase additional warranty coverage through AppleCare.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
vanscootin
  • CRuff
  • General Chat
Replies