• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Get Your Grill On: Must-Have Items for Summer BBQs and Beyond

The plates are good for that, but I don't think they're worth getting. They're plastic and they get scratched easy.
vtodd71
I just received the grill bag and fork. I purchased it now since both items are going to be discontinued. I was planning on getting all the grill items come summer but didnt' want to miss out. Now I at least have these 2 items. I can't wait to get my other grill stuff including the NEW grilling cook book.

I've thought about doing a "Grilling Show" in the future. Have any of you done this? How successful was it? What did you do?

Do you have the BBQ mitt? Been thinking of getting it for DH. Reviews?

SusanBP0129 said:
Do you have the BBQ mitt? Been thinking of getting it for DH. Reviews?

I don't have it yet. It wasn't one of the discontinued items so I thought about waiting until later. I'd like to hear some review on this item too. I already have 2 oven mitts and thought about just using one of them. I wonder if there is anything special about the BBQ mitt that makes it different.

I did a few grilling shows, but I let the host (or host's spouse) do the grilling, no one has minded. I myself, don't like to use someone else's grill.

However, they have been successful shows. Guests can enjoy the outdoors, while eating the munchies in the Chillzane dishes.

In general, I would say they are similiar to a regular cooking show.

The Grill Mitt is awesome.I have not yet done a grilling show (no one has taken me up on it) but think I might have one this summer. I have a show booked for June and we talked about doing it on her patio. There is a Grilled Italian Pizza recipe in Casual Cooking (I think) that's a great show recipe.

DebbieJ said:
The Grill Mitt is awesome.

Would you say it is better than the Oven Mitt (for grilling) , and if so - why?
Thanks! :D

Oh yes, by FAR!. It's suede (and therefore more safe--won't catch on fire), it goes further up your arm, and there are separate holes for your thumb and your pointer finger so you can grasp and work the tongs.

My husband loves the mitt!

DebbieJ said:
Oh yes, by FAR!. It's suede (and therefore more safe--won't catch on fire), it goes further up your arm, and there are separate holes for your thumb and your pointer finger so you can grasp and work the tongs.

Then I guess I'll have to get the mitt too. I can't wait to get all my other grill gadgets. By the way, I've been thinking of getting the plates and forks since they now will have a caddy set you can use with them. I know it says something about the plates being good for putting your drink to the side of the plate and the drink won't spill or something. Does anyone have these plates and if so, are they really worth getting? Discuss. :p

Related to Get Your Grill On: Must-Have Items for Summer BBQs and Beyond

What are the must-have items for a successful summer BBQ?

The top 5 must-have items for a successful summer BBQ are:

1. A high-quality grill: Whether it's a gas, charcoal, or electric grill, having a reliable and efficient grill is essential for cooking up tasty BBQ dishes.
  2. Grilling tools: Make sure to have a sturdy spatula, tongs, and a brush for basting on hand for easy flipping and handling of food on the grill.
  3. Meat thermometer: To ensure food is cooked to the proper temperature and to avoid any risk of foodborne illness, a meat thermometer is a must-have for any BBQ.
  4. Marinade injector: Take your BBQ dishes to the next level by infusing them with flavor using a marinade injector. It's perfect for adding a burst of flavor to meats and vegetables.
  5. Grill basket: A grill basket is great for cooking small or delicate foods like shrimp, vegetables, and fish without the risk of them falling through the grates.

What are some tips for maintaining a clean and well-functioning grill?

To keep your grill in top shape, remember to:

1. Clean the grates before and after cooking: This will prevent any leftover food from sticking to the grates and affecting the taste of your food.
  2. Empty the grease trap: Regularly emptying the grease trap will prevent grease buildup which can cause flare-ups and impact the heat distribution of your grill.
  3. Check for gas leaks: If you have a gas grill, make sure to check for any gas leaks before lighting it. This can be done by performing a soap test on the gas hose and connections.
  4. Replace worn-out parts: Keep an eye on the condition of your grill's parts and replace any worn-out ones to ensure it continues to function properly.
  5. Cover your grill: When not in use, cover your grill to protect it from the elements and extend its lifespan.

What are some creative grilling ideas for vegetarians?

Vegetarians can enjoy BBQs just as much as meat-lovers with these creative grilling ideas:

1. Grilled veggie skewers: Thread a variety of vegetables onto skewers and grill them for a flavorful and colorful addition to any BBQ.
  2. Grilled pizza: Use a grill-safe pizza stone to make delicious grilled pizzas with vegetarian toppings like roasted vegetables, pesto, and cheese.
  3. Grilled portobello mushrooms: Marinate large portobello mushrooms and grill them for a hearty and flavorful vegetarian option.
  4. Grilled stuffed peppers: Stuff bell peppers with a mix of rice, beans, and cheese, and grill them for a tasty and filling vegetarian dish.
  5. Grilled fruit: Grilling fruits like peaches, pineapple, and watermelon can add a sweet and smoky touch to any BBQ spread.

What are some must-have items for hosting a successful BBQ party?

To throw a successful BBQ party, make sure to have these items on hand:

1. Extra seating: Make sure to have enough chairs and tables for your guests to sit and enjoy their food comfortably.
  2. Beverages: Have a variety of non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages available for your guests to choose from.
  3. Side dishes: Don't forget about the sides! Have a mix of salads, dips, and other side dishes to accompany your main BBQ dishes.
  4. Outdoor lighting: If your BBQ will go into the evening, make sure to have adequate outdoor lighting to keep the party going.
  5. Music: Create a fun and lively atmosphere by playing some music in the background.

What are some safety tips to keep in mind when grilling?

To ensure a safe grilling experience, remember to:

1. Keep a fire extinguisher nearby: In case of any accidents, make sure to have a fire extinguisher within reach.
  2. Grill in a well-ventilated area: Grilling in a well-ventilated area reduces the risk of carbon monoxide build-up.
  3. Use long-handled tools: To avoid burns, use long-handled tools to handle food on the grill.
  4. Keep children and pets away from the grill: Make sure to establish a safe zone around the grill and keep children and pets away from it.
  5. Clean the grill properly: Leftover food and

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ktraceyk
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Sheririce
  • KayPT
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ilovpc