• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Get Ready for a Pajama Party: Back in the Saddle with a $1000 Show

In summary, a consultant discusses her upcoming show after a month-long break in bookings. She shares that the host has only $60 in outside orders and expresses her nerves and hopes for solid bookings. Others offer support and advice, with one consultant mentioning that June is a new incentive period. The consultant concludes by discussing her sparse schedule for June and July and her need for bookings.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
Well..I have a show Friday night -- it's my first show in OVER a month!! I did not work in May - partially due to the fact that the two weekends that I normally would have booked shows...I was out of town (Atlantis and NJ/NY), and partially because I couldn't get a booking in May to save my life since all I had available were a few week nights.

So...Friday I am back in the saddle. This is a past hos who had a $1000 show about 18 months ago with me. Last time we did the Desperate Housewives theme show. This time we're doing a pajama party. Last time she had about $250 in OOs before the show and got another $200 after the show. This time sh eonly has $60 so far. It's a weird time of year unfortunately as school gets out tomorrow and most people are skee-daddling out of here for vacations before Hurricane Season hits full force.

I am making the Lime Berry Mousse Trifle. I am SO rusty and am actually NERVOUS about this show!! I have never gone SO long between shows!!!

Carolyn--You'll do fine!! You are such a pro! I mean HELLO you did just get back from Atlantis. Although I've had those "it's been a long time" butterflies also. As soon as you start it will all fall into place.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Chef Kearns said:
Carolyn--You'll do fine!! You are such a pro! I mean HELLO you did just get back from Atlantis. Although I've had those "it's been a long time" butterflies also. As soon as you start it will all fall into place.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

I am not feeling so "old pro" these days - I was struggling for bookings back in April....my ego is wounded - LOL

You'll do fine, Carolyn. Maybe she'll have $200 in outside orders show up tomorrow before the show. :)
(Ah, if only every host did that...)

I'm sure you'll know how to ride that horse once it gets started...:O . Good luck!

its just like riding a bike, u never forget :)
i know what you mean though i haven't done an actual show since the end of march, and dont have a firm booking until the end of june so far :(
need to get on that phone
good luck i'm sure you will be great :)

Go Carolyn, go Carolyn!!!

I know how hard those shows can be. I still remember my first show back after vacation last September...

I am just praying for some bookings - at this point I REALLY would prefer some SOLID bookings over a $1000 show, kwim? My June & July are SO sparse. I KNOW from all my years at this that this time of year is just like this. Plus in July I am going to conference and then to NJ a few weeks later so I have few dates available to work in July (but have a HUGE fundraiser lined up so I know I'll be fine for sell-a-thon)...I just NEEEEEEEEEEED bookings (and bookins that actually STICK!)

Dude I hear ya. When I go longer than a couple weeks (however nice that may be at the time) I get all "new" again, and it freaks me out! I do really well when I am in a groove! You'll do great, Carolyn! June is a new incentive period so we're getting ready to get our game on! :D
My June is looking good, but July needs some work! :eek:

Do I need bookings ~ YES! Lordy, I'm struggling but I've been following the 3-2-1 Success tips so I expect things to pick up.

dannyzmom said:
I am just praying for some bookings - at this point I REALLY would prefer some SOLID bookings over a $1000 show, kwim? My June & July are SO sparse. I KNOW from all my years at this that this time of year is just like this. Plus in July I am going to conference and then to NJ a few weeks later so I have few dates available to work in July (but have a HUGE fundraiser lined up so I know I'll be fine for sell-a-thon)...I just NEEEEEEEEEEED bookings (and bookins that actually STICK!)

As long as you keep your expectations this realistic, I'm sure you'll be fine. :D

I do know what you're talking about. Whenever I go a couple of weeks between shows it feels like I'm starting all over. Once you get started, I'm sure you'll fall right into your groove.

As someone else said somewhere on here . . .

Break an egg!

dannyzmom said:
Offer some incentives like the small saute pan for the price of the day they have their show. Or tell them you'll give them something for free and it will come with their show. Do the "show in a bag" thing (paper plates, plastic forks, napkins and whatever else you want to add to it, if it's a theme show add something that goes along with that theme), offer a free show where you buy all the ingredients (and you do something really inexpensive and you insist it's your recipes not their choice!!!) Offer them both the Chilzanne products that are the host specials at 60% in June, and you make up the difference.
I always tell people about letting PC "buy" it for you! They love that talk and they just eat it up out here!
The last thing I'd like to suggest is that you get out a couple of your videos of live kitchen shows and watch them! It will be like doing a kitchen show yourself and you can get all kinds of ideas. It always puts me in the "show state of mind"! I also listen to Kitchen show audios while I drive in the car all the time. Also listen to the booking cd's! I do all the time and it pays off for me all the time!
I do really well with bookings, I got 35 bookings in February and March.
I hope this helps! :) ;)
Just remember, it's okay! You'll do fine! I'll say a little prayer for you!;)

Last edited:

What is the "Get Ready for a Pajama Party" promotion?

The "Get Ready for a Pajama Party" promotion is a special event where you can earn a chance to win a $1000 show by hosting a Pampered Chef party in your pajamas. This promotion is a fun and easy way to earn rewards while enjoying a relaxing night in with your friends and family.

How do I qualify for the $1000 show?

To qualify for the $1000 show, you must host a party with a minimum of $500 in sales and have at least 10 guests in attendance. The party must also be scheduled and held during the promotion period, which typically runs for a few weeks.

What are the benefits of hosting a pajama party?

Hosting a pajama party has many benefits, including the chance to win a $1000 show. Additionally, you and your guests can enjoy a fun and relaxed atmosphere while learning about our products and earning rewards. Plus, you get to stay in your comfy pajamas all night!

Can I still earn rewards if my party doesn't reach $500 in sales?

Yes, you can still earn rewards even if your party doesn't reach $500 in sales. For every $100 in sales, you will receive one entry into the $1000 show drawing. So even if your party only reaches $300 in sales, you will still earn three entries into the drawing.

How can I maximize my chances of winning the $1000 show?

The best way to increase your chances of winning the $1000 show is to invite as many guests as possible and encourage them to make purchases. You can also promote your party on social media and offer incentives for guests who bring friends or place larger orders. The more sales you have, the more entries you will earn into the drawing!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chrishsm2
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
catlwilles
  • blarrabee
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • CAPCnewbie