• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Get Out of Your Dinner Rut with These Delicious Recipes!

In summary, her husband is never home to help with dinner preparations, so she is trying various easy meals.
chefsteph07
I"m in a rut!

Sorry, I'm no help - I was just trying to figure out the same thing! :)

Sorry... I even made a menu but I've gotten a curve ball thrown at me that I need to figure out and that's my son needing to be picked up from his orchestra practice at 6pm, however they ALWAYS go over time... so almost afraid to start anything least it get done when we're not yet home and if I wait til we get home it'll get late... but that may be what we do and then just pick something quick to make.. ugh.

I have chicken in the crockpot cooking in a sauce made of white wine, cream of mushroom soup, worcestershire sauce, garlic, tarragon and mushrooms. Smells great!

I've got ham, green beans and potatoes in the crock pot. Going to make cornbread when I get home.

I'll be grabbing take-out. I'll be driving an hour to close a catalog show (more with the stops I plan to make), then a little over an hour home. By that time I'll pretty much just be able to complete and transmit the show before I drop into a coma for the evening.

I'm making chicken soup.

Don't get all excited - I'm using canned broth. DH has a sinus infection, so soup should help him feel better. And it's easy! I've got to pack up stuff tonight for a fundraiser expo tomorrow and make some phone calls to book January, so easy is good tonight.

I'm trying to decide between seafood fettucine and (what I'm really craving) the clubhouse chicken squares. I haven't decide yet.

Berrtolli meal in a bag with some fresh green beans added in. Love those easy meals!

spaghetti and meatballs (same old, same old).

i'm in a rut too... i'm starting to take it personally when my husband calls on his way home from work to find out whats for dinner (yeah he's annoying) and when i tell him, he said "something new for a change"

chefann said:
I'm making chicken soup.

Don't get all excited - I'm using canned broth. DH has a sinus infection, so soup should help him feel better. And it's easy! I've got to pack up stuff tonight for a fundraiser expo tomorrow and make some phone calls to book January, so easy is good tonight.

Sorry to hear that his Beaker is stuffed up and not feeling well!

I am stopping at a place I am going to display in tomorrow. It is a dessert and coffee shop! Hmmmm...I just might have to show some good faith and purchase from this dear lady! This village is having a "Poker Run" tomorrow. When you by at any of the local merchants you will get a card. At the end of the evening you go to one of the local restaurants and play your best poker hand for prizes! I know the crazy Tupperware lady will be there. Sorry, no slam to Tupperware but this lady has been doing it for years and she HATES Pampered Chef!!!! I have heard some of her ways of getting bookings and it is downright offensive. She won't be there during the day tomorrow, but I will have to play nice when she arrives later in the day. I am sure her panties will be in a knot when she sees me there!

Last edited:
baychef said:
Sorry to hear that his Beaker is stuffed up and not feeling well!
Not Beaker! Although she has started saying, "Honk!" lately. Mostly because DH grabs her beak and says it. :rolleyes: And she sniffs like DH does when he has a sinus infection. It's pretty funny.

Chicken Broccoli Pasta Stir fry with whatever else I can throw in there.

Hodge Podge Soup (homemade) and biscuits!

chefann said:
Not Beaker! Although she has started saying, "Honk!" lately. Mostly because DH grabs her beak and says it. :rolleyes: And she sniffs like DH does when he has a sinus infection. It's pretty funny.

Beaker sounds like she is a lot of fun!

skillet lasagna!!!!

Pork tenderloin in DCB...first time!

Cajun chicken pasta (made the recipe up & its pretty yummy) for us and homemade chicken noodle soup for my son who has the flu.

I've pot roast in the crockpot...and I'm making baked potatoes, peas, and rolls with it...it smells yummy!!!!!!!!!

Tyson Chicken tenders! I'll add some pre-made barbecue sauce.
I'll be having salad.

Teresa Lynn said:
Cajun chicken pasta (made the recipe up & its pretty yummy) for us and homemade chicken noodle soup for my son who has the flu.

Can I have the recipe for this? DH laughs at me all the time bc this is ALL I ever order when we got out to dinner..seriously, if it's Cajun and pasta I"m there! LOL Sorry about your son! I know it's going around!

Dinner
chefsteph07 said:
I"m in a rut!

Well I am experimenting, that's always fun. I am going to be making some turkey enchiladas. Yummy.

And I will also be using leftover turkey to make Turkey pot pies, turkey soup, and turkey casserole all this. We already had turkey pot pies and they were goooooood!!!!!

My family loves these recipes. :D It beats turkey sandwiches, although a turkey sandwich once or twice won't hurt!!

Debbie :D

Turkey enchilladas sound good actually! Ours is almost all gone and I froze some as well for pot pies and soups later on in the winter...these are all good ideas, sounds like the crock pot is used alot, for some reason I only use this on the wekeend

This isn't her's but this is one that I found online when looking for a copy cat of the Lousiana Chicken Pasta from Cheesecake Factory. It sounds super Yum and easy:

Louisiana Chicken Pasta
Servings: 6

Chicken:
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
6 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
3/4 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons flour

Cajun Sauce:
1 tablespoon butter
1 small yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 small red bell pepper, chopped
3/4 small red onion, chopped
3 whole garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 1/4 pints whipping cream
1 cup low-salt chicken broth
4 tablespoons fresh basil, thinly sliced
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 package bow-tie pasta
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
salt and peper

Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add yellow and red bell peppers, mushrooms, and onion to same skillet and sauté until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.

Add minced garlic and crushed red pepper to skillet and sauté 2 or 3 minutes.

Add whipping cream and chicken stock. Simmer until sauce re-heats and thickens slightly, about 5 minutes.

Add basil and 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese to sauce, stirring to incorporate. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low, simmer. Sauce will reduce and thicken.

Cook chicken:
Wash and drain chicken breasts. Pound until very thin, as thin or thinner then 1/4-inch thick (the thinner the chicken breasts the better).

Mix breadcrumbs, flour, and Parmesan cheese together. Place milk in dish for dipping.

Dip chicken in breadcrumb mixture and then in milk and then back in breadcrumbs.

Place in fry pan that the oil has been heated and fry at medium high temperature until golden, crisp, and cooked through. Add more oil as needed. Remove and drain chicken. Keep warm.

Meanwhile, cook bow-tie pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite. Drain and return to pot. Add sauce and toss to coat.

Place pasta with sauce on plate, and top with chicken breast. Serve, passing additional Parmesan separately.

Taco Ring. Kids are begging for it and Hubby it at a meeting.

It's one of those let me throw it together recipes I was too lazy & busy to look for a real recipe.

6 boneless skinless breasts sauteed in olive oil in my pretty new 12" stainless skillet. (seasoned with a lot of Cajun seasoning & a little Paula Deen seasoning)
after the chicken was cooked I cut it into strips, added 1 garlic clove crushed, 1 onion diced and 1 cup of white wine, 2 dashes of tabasco and reduced it.
Then I added:
1 8 oz brick of cream cheese, stir until melted
Pour in:
1 can chicken broth
1 LG can dieced tomatoes
1 can evaporated milk
1 can artichoke herats in water (drained)
1 can of mushrooms (drained)
1 cup of heavy cream
1/2 wedge of fresh grated parmesan
I Brought it to a boil & thickened it with a little cornstarch and water
We will ladle it over the pasta tonight.
It smells incredible!!

Chili with beans! I cold here!

Kielbasa, Yellow Rice, and Veggies here. I was going to make a beef stew, but by the time I finished with my doctor's appointments today, and got to the store, it was getting to late to start the stew. So Beef Stew tomorrow it is!

I just got back from the store with ingredients.

I'm trying the turkey piccata recipe from "It's Good For You" tonight, substituing chicken for turkey. Tomorrow it's Easy Chicken Curry fromt he same cookbook.

Lasagna & salad here. Ohh...and the Aztec Souffle Cakes from Cooking for Two.White Chicken Chili last night. Yum!!Our go to in our house are quesadillas. Wheat tortilla shell with refried beans and shredded cheese and SW Seasoning in the 12" skillet on medium. When the cheese is melted, it's done. Of course, for me, I like to add tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream & taco sauce. Fold over IN the pan and it's crispy and not greasy. If I have more people, I just put the "tacos"...what we call them for our 4 yr old... on a stone in the oven on warm as I have them done (made to order, of course). This is one of those meals that we always have the ingredients on hand for.

Tex Mex Chicken Rice Skillet (29 Minutes to Dinner Cookbook) ~ my family loves this recipe and with my husband going in for surgery on Monday...the last time he will get it ~

Jambalaya w/ chicken and shrimp - it was yummy! DH was very happy when he came home and smelled it. It's one of his fave meals...although I did leave out the hot sausage (there was none in the house and I didn't feel like running to the store).

Mmm...leftovers for lunch!

I had a ham and carmelized onion pizza.

We had soft tacos and mexican rice!

Home made pizza. Tomorrow is healthy potato skins (made up recipe below) Friday night is Tacos. (hubby out of town!)

Healthy Potato skins

Crinkle cut potatoes with the UM. Lay them on a stone and spritz with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes, turning them at 10 minutes and adding more salt.

Remove from oven when brown, sprinkle with cheddar cheese grated on UM and bacon bits. Return pan to the oven to melt cheese.

Serve with sour cream!

Here is a recipe that was just given to me. I plan on making soon. I'll be heating up some tortillas to serve with it.

Slow-Cooker Salsa Chicken

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup salsa
1 package reduced sodium taco seasoning
1 can reduced fat cream of mushroom soup (condensed)
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream

Directions
Add chicken to slow cooker.
Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken.
Pour salsa and soup over chicken.
Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
Serve with rice.

I totally cheated tonight... made crescent roll veggie dogs, mashed potatoes and peas. As predicted my son's orchestra rehearsal went long and we didn't get back until 6:30 so it was toss together a quick dinner time...

You guys have some great ideas! :D

I really need to start making some new dishes... I'm getting sick of the same things over and over again, and I'm sure my kids are too! I really need to get some more PC cookbooks and experiment a little!

I tried a recipe from Better Homes and Garden's December magazine, tonight. It was sooo good and easy. It belongs in the 29 Minutes to Dinner cookbook. I'm not sure how long this took, but I don't think it even took 29 minutes.

SAUSAGE & ORZO
1 lb. cooked sausage, halved lengthwise and cut in 2" chunks (I used turkey sausage)
1 Tbs cooking oil (I spritzed my 10" pan)
1 cup dried orzo (rosamarina)-found this in the pasta aisle, storebrand
14 oz low sodium beef broth
1 tsp Italian seasoning
2 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise, coarsely chopped (2.5 cups)
1/3 cup sliced green onions
1/3 cup chopped red sweet pepper

In 10" skillet over medium-high heat, brown sausage in hot oil 2 minutes; stir in orzo. Cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in broth, 1/2 cup water, and seasoning. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 4 minutes or until orzo is tender. Add zucchini and simmer, covered, 4 more minutes. Stir in green onions and red pepper. Season to taste with salt and pepper (Didn't need it because I used regular sodium broth.)

Had another great dinner tonight. Too bad my husband has been working late. He has to eat leftovers!
Hope you looked at the recipe above because it was great too. Here's tonight's:

CHICKEN WITH CHERRY-GINGER CHUTNEY
4 medium skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, each cut in 4 pieces
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1 tbs olive oil
1/2 cup dried tart cherries
1 large apple, sliced across and seeded (I cored it and used the UM to slice)
1/3 coarsely chopped walnuts
4 tsp. packed brown sugar
3 tbsp cider vinegar

Lightly sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and 1/4 tsp ginger.
In skillet cook chicken in hot oil over medium heat for about 12 minutes.
Transfer to serving platter; cover to keep warm.
Add fruit and nuts to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes.
For sauce, stir together brown sugar, 1/4 cup water, vinegar, and remaining 1/4 tsp ginger. Add to skillet; cook and stir 30 seconds.
Serve chicken with fruit mixture over top.
EXCELLENT!

I have round steak sauerbraten in the oven (to be eaten tomorrow). It takes too long to cook...

So, tonight I took crescent rounds (crescent rolls in round shapes) and for the kids I put sliced ham and swiss cheese in them and rolled them up and baked them. For me I put ham, swiss cheese, cilantro, diced onion and a twinge of dijon and mayo. Baked for 20 minutes. Made nice rolls. :)

Tonight, I made a makeover meal. A take-off on the jerk chicken nachos, but yummy!

Leftover grilled chicken (2 breast pieces)
tortilla chips
1 can diced green chilies
frozen corn
1 can black beans
southwest seasoning
shredded cheddar

Mixed all the stuff together except the chips & cheese in the stir-fry skillet. Heated through.

Put a layer of chips on the bar pan. Then, the filling over that. Then covered with cheese & baked.

Served with tomatoes, green peppers & sour cream.

The leftovers are reheating in the oven as we speak. Midnight snack. :D

We had breakfast for dinner. Pancakes, eggs and sausage

1. What types of recipes are included in the "Get Out of Your Dinner Rut" collection?

The collection features a variety of delicious and easy-to-follow recipes, including quick weekday meals, slow cooker dishes, and flavorful vegetarian options.

2. Do the recipes require any special equipment or tools?

No, the recipes in this collection are designed to be made with basic kitchen equipment and tools that most households already have.

3. Are there options for those with dietary restrictions or preferences?

Yes, the collection includes recipes that cater to various dietary needs such as gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegetarian. There are also options for picky eaters and kid-friendly meals.

4. How many servings do the recipes make?

The recipes in this collection typically make 4-6 servings, but can easily be adjusted to accommodate larger or smaller households.

5. Are the ingredients for these recipes easy to find?

Yes, the ingredients for these recipes are readily available at most grocery stores. They are also budget-friendly and versatile, allowing for easy substitutions if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebPC
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • flossienurse
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies