• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Get Involved in Relay for Life: How To Participate

In summary, you can start a team by getting 8 people together and committing to raising $100 each for cancer research. Everything sold at the Relay, whether baskets or anything else, MUST benefit the Relay. You can also donate your commission to the cause.
mrshamel3808
Gold Member
I'm interested in getting involved in a Relay for Life event (there are a few near me in the next few months) but I can't find any information on how I can be involved on the websites. Do you start a team? Or do you just set-up a booth and hold a fundraiser based on the sales from the booth?

well most teams at the event have a table/booth and they sell stuff to raise money for their team. Or some have activity booths, some offer haircuts, garage sale type stuff, all sorts of stuff. I would contact the coordinators of the event, our event here is free to enter so i imagine you could just go in and set up a tent on the track and sell PC, but I would clear it first. You could also ask for team leaders names and contact them about doing a PC fundraiser to help their team raise money for themselves. - The point of RFL and the teams is that they try to come up with ways to raise the most money, creatively or not.

relayforlife dot orgYou can start a team by getting 8 people together and committing to raising $100 each for cancer research ... but nobody shoots you if you don't. EVERYTHING sold at the Relay, whether baskets or anything else, MUST benefit the Relay. (Not pink products for breast cancer, mind you, the Relay.) In the past, my people have had better success having a show and donating the free products to basket raffles.

Do they let you set up a booth and take orders for a fundraiser?

I am very active in RFL in my area - I am working with 3 different RFL communities. I first got into it by contacting the local chair. I found her email address on the local RFL website. Then I attend their Team Captain meetings (by invitation from the chair) and do a presentation of what the fundraiser can do for each team. I got a boost this year when an American Cancer Society employee contacted me and wanted me to attend smaller RFL Team Captain meetings in surrounding communities.

I have attached the files I distribute at the Team Captain meeting. When they book a cooking or catalog show I send them my typical packet.

I got the Tool Pool from here, and I give it out at the TC meeting to entice them into doing the show. I also attach my business card to the letter so they have it handy.

Attachments

• Generic letter 042910.doc
    42 KB · Views: 357
  • Tool Pool Fundraiser.doc
    36 KB · Views: 589
Di_Can_Cook said:
relayforlife dot org

You can start a team by getting 8 people together and committing to raising $100 each for cancer research ... but nobody shoots you if you don't. EVERYTHING sold at the Relay, whether baskets or anything else, MUST benefit the Relay. (Not pink products for breast cancer, mind you, the Relay.)

In the past, my people have had better success having a show and donating the free products to basket raffles.

Di is right about no pink products at Relay. As crazy as it sounds (because BOTH go to ACS), Relay funds are different than the pink products funds. Relay funds supports ACS programs as a whole and the pink products are restricted to breast cancer awareness and research. Some Relay funds go to research but I would advise against putting that in your info. Make sure you get your info from either relayforlife.org or from your local ACS office. That's just so you are conveying the same information as ACS.

But don't you also make commission on Pink products? Wouldn't they factor into the commissionable sales that the donattion from PC is based on? I mean, $1 would go directly to ACS from PC but then the Relay would get a percentage of all product sales, including pink products, right?

You can't set up "a booth" unless you have a team raising money for the cause. Most Relays have grown so much that they barely have room for their own teams and can't accommodate "outsiders" with booth requests.If you want to donate your commission, more power to ya, but I personally would suggest a basket of items you paid for since that would raise a lot more money for cancer research.ETA ... I personally am sick of the focus on only one kind of cancer ... so many of us are veterans of Relay because we believe in curing ALL kinds of cancer, not just one!

Actually, I e-mailed the chairperson and she's sending my info along to the person in charge of booths for the event. So I'm just waiting to hear back from him. But from the sound of her email, it's a sure thing that I can participate.

1. How can I join a Relay for Life team?

To join a Relay for Life team, visit the official Relay for Life website and search for a team in your local area. You can also reach out to friends, family, or coworkers to see if they are participating in a team and if you can join them.

2. Can I participate in Relay for Life if I am unable to attend the event?

Yes, you can still participate in Relay for Life by registering as a virtual participant. This allows you to fundraise and contribute to your team's efforts without physically attending the event.

3. How do I register for a Relay for Life event?

To register for a Relay for Life event, go to the official website and click on the "Sign Up" button. You can then select your location and choose to register as a team or individual participant.

4. Is there a minimum fundraising amount I need to reach to participate in Relay for Life?

There is no minimum fundraising amount required to participate in Relay for Life. However, it is encouraged to set a personal fundraising goal and reach out to friends and family for donations to support the cause.

5. Can I volunteer at Relay for Life even if I am not a registered participant?

Yes, you can volunteer at Relay for Life even if you are not a registered participant. Contact your local event coordinator to inquire about volunteer opportunities and how you can get involved.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3girls
Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies
Views
katem51
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows