1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Gaucamole Dip Recipe?

1. lisa717

lisa717 Member

Anyone have one that they do at shows? Please share..ty!

Sep 20, 2009
  2. Teresa Lynn

Teresa Lynn Legacy Member Gold Member

this is mine we have it once a week at least but sorry, no "accurate" measurements & don't measure at my shows either

3-4 avacadoes
    1 garlic clove pressed
    cumin, chili powder & salt (sorry don't measure)
    snipped cilantro & finely diced red onion (again no measurements)
    juice of 1 lime
    1 tbsp sour cream
    1 roma tomato

I have also added a minced jalepeno (fresh)

Sep 20, 2009
  3. Chefgirl2

Chefgirl2 Advanced Member Gold Member

2-3 avocados - mashed
    2-3 TBSP minced white or yellow onion
    1 small plum or roma tomato - seeded and diced
    1/2 can diced green chiles (SP) well drained
    Half of 1 lime - juiced
    couple shakes of Lawry's garlic seasoning - (fresh gives me heartburn)
    few dashes of Tabasco
    1-3 pickled jalepeno slices - finely chopped

Mix (and season with salt if needed). Yum!! I have made this at shows many times.

One of my numerous "Mexican Fiesta" recipes...yummmmm....

I learned this in college. All of the restaurants follow this almost to the T when they make this at the table. Except they add fresh garlic...which...like I said makes me feel yucky. People beg me to bring this to their parties...and come to my parties expecting it.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
    Sep 20, 2009
  4. aslion

aslion Member

I make salsa first then guacamole in the same bowl so you get 2 recipes in one!

My salsa recipe

4 Roma tomatoes
    2 cloves garlic
    1 lime
    1 jalapeno
    1 bunch of cilantro
    1 small onion either white or red, cut into quarters

Before the show prep by adding the cilantro and onion to the small batter bowl, and cutting the jalapeno and taking out the veins and seeds and setting it in the food chopper.
    At the show cut the seeds out of the tomato with the pineapple wedger, press the garlic into the bowl, chop the jalapeno, and use the citrus juicer on the lime. Pass the bowl around with the salad choppers 1 to 2 times depending on number of guests and the constancy of the salsa.

Take all but 1/4 cup of the salsa out and add in avocados using the avocado knife. And mash the avocados into the remaining salsa using the mix and chop.

Sep 21, 2009
  5. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

Just curious, how do you use the Pineapple Wedger to cut out the seeds of a tomato?

Sep 21, 2009
  6. cheflorraine

cheflorraine Member Gold Member

I don't have the Salad Chopper - would the mix and chop possibly work for the salsa as well? Or would you have to chop the tomatoes with the food chopper?

Sep 21, 2009
  7. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

I wouldn't think that would work, I think you would just end up with mush, I'd just use the food chopper and knives, maybe the kitchen shears....

Sep 21, 2009
  8. aslion

aslion Member

I cut the top and bottom off the tomato so that it stands up and then I place the pineapple wedger over the top of it with the center circle directly over the top of the tomato and then rock it down and the center seeds come right out and makes a less juicy salsa. They have to be pretty firm tomatoes to make it work and I found that romas are the right size. Gets a big wow and have sold many of the pineapple wedgers demonstrating this shows a diversity in the product.

Sep 21, 2009
  9. aslion

aslion Member

I don't think the mix and chop would work well for the salsa, but I have made the whole salsa minus the lime and garlic using the food chopper.

Sep 21, 2009
  10. cheflorraine

cheflorraine Member Gold Member

Thanks SO much... I'm making Fabulous Fajitas in the DCB at a show tomorrow, and was looking for a good salsa and guacamole recipe.

Sep 21, 2009
  11. When I didn't have my salad choppers, I used my kitchen shears. They work wonderfully, just takes a few more clips!

Have something to add?