• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gaining Confidence in Booking Shows: Overcoming My Nerves!

In summary,Mandy has had a successful September and wants an equally successful October-December. However, due to lack of bookings, she is out of commission. She has a few catalog shows lined up, but is looking for cold leads. She recommends reaching out to past hosts and doing cc calls.
mamadugan
Gold Member
o.k. here I am setting goals for my self. i had an awesome September (sold 3200) :sing: and wanted an awesome Oct-Dec. I am OUT OF BOOKINGS!!!!!!
I am stone cold OUT OF BOOKINGS.....I did get a couple of catalog shows and have a fair to display at other than that I am done...
So here is my question to you...I am kind of taking October as a (regrouping my business month) and am planning on 10 bookings for November.
HOW DO YOU GET THE GUTS to go up to someone and as them if they would like to book a show for Neovember???? Whenever I try I just want to puke!! Its not that I am shy, just nervous I guess...what do you say...my words DO NOT flow out like I am an educated human!! :mad: I am educated...this has always been a struggle for me and anyone who has been there done that...Please reply..thanks:rolleyes:

Why are you looking for cold leads? Could you possibly do some cc calls and ask previous guest if they are interested? Have you checked the New Way to Pamper a Business thread, good ideas there. You have had a successful month so I'm sure you can do this. Good luck

At the last Fair booth I had, I had a copy of the Host Special for October in my binder with my current catalog. I asked every person I handed a recipe card if they had ever heard of PC, did they own any, had they ever hosted a Show, and when (not if) they would like to host a Show for me! I told them I was having a drawing for a Free Show if they were interested in hosting. I got 8 slips from people who wanted to host. I have 1 confirmed for November 10th, 2 more I'm working to schedule for October (I offered a free spice if they booked for October and held on original date), 5 more to reach. I have left voicemails for them that they "won"! I am calling every 3 days...don't want them to think I am stalking! One lady that I left a voicemail for said she had meant to call me before I reached her on Friday but she was really excited about the "Free Show" she won and her coworkers wanted her to have a cooking show at the elementary school! She was talking to the principal on Monday to see the best time to do it! I have one definite catalog show going. She asked me about the package deals that I was offering. I told her I had a new "tri-fold" flyer to give her as soon as I got them printed! It's really hard sometimes but I know that booths really have been good for me! I also got a recruit lead who is supposed to sign this month (I'm trying to get her to do it by the 20the for the promo from wearing my PC logo t-shift and carrying my catalog tote into Chick-Fil-A! Be upbeat, excited, and proud of our products! My HD says enthusiasm breeds enthusiasm so if I am excited, the person I am talking to will be too!

Here's a compilation of my notes from various sources on booking new leads.

Hope it helps!

Attachments

• Booking New Leads.doc
    54.5 KB · Views: 506
Mandy,

Thanks for the info. It looks great. I am going to pass it along.

Thanks guys
I just feel like a blubbering idiot when I do customer care calls and then when I use my "script" that PC provides.....then we get off of the topic and then I forget to do the booking talk....

then when I am out and about, I try and add PC into normal conversation and thenpeople just kind of smile and walk off......

So frustrated! I REALLY want this to be my career!! Just need ideas about "getting out of the box" and comfort zone isuues I guess:yuck:

Great document! Why do you say steer clear of "Taste of Home"? I have never heard of them.

Welcome to Chef Success Jenny!!! I am so glad you found this website - it totally rocks!!!!

Did you work the mall event recently??? What about the leads from that??? What about as other people have suggested calling your past hosts and doing CC calls??? I need to take my own advice (making PH & CC calls) to get shows as I am actual kitchen showless for this month!!!

Related to Gaining Confidence in Booking Shows: Overcoming My Nerves!

What is the best way to overcome my nerves when booking shows?

The best way to overcome nerves when booking shows is to practice, practice, practice! Take the time to rehearse your pitch and become comfortable with your product knowledge. Also, try to focus on the positive aspects of booking shows and visualize a successful outcome.

How can I build confidence in talking to potential hosts?

One way to build confidence in talking to potential hosts is to have a script or outline prepared beforehand. This will help you stay organized and feel more confident in your delivery. Additionally, try to approach the conversation with a friendly and genuine attitude, and remember that you are offering a valuable opportunity for the host to earn rewards and have a fun party.

What are some techniques to calm nerves during a booking conversation?

There are a few techniques you can use to calm nerves during a booking conversation. One is to take deep breaths and focus on speaking slowly and clearly. Another is to use positive self-talk and remind yourself that you are capable and prepared. You can also try visualizing a successful outcome and the host saying yes to booking a show.

How can I prepare myself for potential objections or rejection during a booking conversation?

Prepare yourself for potential objections or rejection by anticipating common concerns or questions and having responses ready. It can also be helpful to remember that objections are not personal and simply part of the sales process. If you do face rejection, try to stay positive and use it as a learning experience for future conversations.

What are some tips for maintaining confidence and motivation when facing multiple rejections or low booking rates?

When facing multiple rejections or low booking rates, it's important to remember that it's not a reflection of your worth as a consultant. Try to focus on the progress you have made and the positive interactions you have had, rather than dwelling on the rejections. It can also be helpful to discuss your challenges with a mentor or fellow consultant for support and advice. Lastly, don't be afraid to take a break and recharge if you are feeling burnt out.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kaceyleigh2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • Heather Rogers
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jrb0328