• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Furious and Done With Recruiting

In summary, Melissa received a call from a potential recruit who told her that she had been talking to someone else and did not like the fact that Melissa's director was not around. Melissa invited the potential recruit to come to one of her shows, and the potential recruit offered to sign up under the other recruit. Melissa politely told the potential recruit that she should sign up under the other recruit and released her. The potential recruit called back and offered to do the show for Melissa, and when Melissa told her that the other recruit could use the kit credit from her show, the potential recruit said that it would be better for the other recruit to do the show. Melissa told the potential recruit that it might be better for the other recruit to do the show
dollfangs
Silver Member
I just got off the phone with a potential recruit. She was at my party on Thursday and had told the host that she was interested in selling. I was so excited. Gave her a packet including the DVD and asked if she was working with anyone. She said no but that here SIL was big into PC and had lots of shows. I was like cool there is one of your first hosts. I offered to give her all the bookings from her show. Well we made arrangements to talk today so I called her and she was like well I have been talking to someone else before I talked to you and I don't like the fact that your director is not around here. She said that she feels she should sign up under the other girl. I understand that but she never told me about this on Thursday and I saw her again on Sunday and she didn't say a word. Well she offered to go ahead and do the show for me and I told her that was fine and she could use the kit credit from her show to sign up under the other lady. Well when she told me that she still wants me to give her the bookings, I blessed and released and told her that it might be better for the other person to do the show for her and it could be her training show. I feel like I keep spinning my wheels trying to recruit. I am done. And yes I have done the teleclasses and I have the CDs and I have weekly calls with my director but nothing is working. I feel like a pariah or something. Oh well, sorry so long but just had to vent as I am ready to cry.

What a bummer. If it makes you feel any better, I have no idea how to talk to someone about signing. I do have three recruits, but it has all been by pure luck. They came to shows that I did and wanted to sign.

{{{hugs}}} for you Melissa. I'm sorry that you ended up in that terrible situation. Unfortunately, some people don't realize that you don't need to be near your Director to succeed with PC.

Melissa, she was not honest with you up front. I predict she is a kitnapper and will not last. I admire you for keeping your cool and walking away from her show. It took a lot of chutzpah on her part to ask for the bookings from your show to use with a different recruiter! I believe it would be a most uncomfortable show, anyway. Some recrutis, like clients, are high maintenance and one has to question if they are worth the effort. Only you can answer that question.You're not the first that has ever had this happen, either.

Oh, what a bummer!

Sounds like blessing and releasing is the best course of action here.

Don't give up if this is something you truly want.
There are ups and downs however, remember you can 't change your people so CHANGE YOUR PEOPLE. Costantly keep coming in contact with different people. The right people will come around, however, if you do not keep offering the opportunity to others your opportunity will pass.

One last thing to remember is, Would you really want someone like that on your team to work with? Not I! It all happens for a reason. Your people will come!
Good luck!

Melissa, I am so very sorry this has happened to you. I know you feel like giving up and trust me, I have been there so many times. But realize...you did ALL of the right things and even kept a level professional head on your shoulders. You handled it beautifully. There is a reason for everything. Try to see that maybe you are better off without her AND you just became a stronger consultant.

For years my goal was to become a director. It took me 3 to 4 years for that to happen. The first year I wanted nothing to do with it. I have been where you are SO many times and feel your frustration at the process, the people that lead you on, etc. Take time to feel all that you are feeling but it sounds to me as if you want to grow a team.

Some of the things that helped me move forward was reaching out to my upline (beyond my director) for anything I could learn. I started making progress when I decided that I am going to go through this process over and over. What I expected was not to actually sign people up but to keep gaining more experience and trying to get better at it.

Have you ever wanted something or to do something so bad that it didn't matter what you had to go through to get it? A simple thing is riding a bicycle...I know I skinned far too many knees before I was able to finally ride the darn thing without falling. In the meantime, my brothers were quite skilled and jumped ramps, etc. I had no training wheels when I learned so I am sure there was a time that I became so frustrated that I vowed never to ride the stupid thing again. Then slowly you learn how to keep you balance better each time you tried. Even when you finally got to the point where you didn't need help and rode your bike the first few times, you still felt unsure and maybe even fell off a few more times. But you saw tiny little bits of progress until you mastered the skill over time.

This is exactly what recruiting was like for me. For me it is was more of a matter of trying to keep mentally positive. I really had to tell myself that it is ok that "so and so" didn't sign up...now I had more experience. Even though it comes in such small increments that you can't even see your progress...you are gaining on it.

Remember...you did everything right. And the most important word in recruiting is to say and feel the word...NEXT!!!

When your ready, get back out there and try riding that bike again! You will go much further in your business than this person will because you have integrity!
Ann

Sorry to hear of your story...with everything else that happened, you may be better off without her, she wouldn't have been courteous to you and would have played games...you don't need that under you. I don't speak from personal experience, but my recruiter has signed 20 people and I am only her 2nd active consultant (almost qualified) right now. She has another guy that's been a consultant for 4 years and all the rest have come and gone. She keeps going...

I personally did not take ANY bookings from my recruiter, I made my own. I wanted to start on my own two feet and not feel like we gave or took from each other. I picked the time and made the phone calls and in the long run, I think I'm going to not only be thankful for it but proud of it.

Good luck to continued better success...

Im so sorry. I wish I had something insperational to say. But that just sucks.

Melissa, sorry to hear about your story but I have to agree with several other consultants and this could have been the recruit from hell!!

Melissa,
You are better off not having her on your team. You did everything right. Keep it up and you will have a huge thriving team...that is honest. I can imagine there would be many more horrible games she would have played if she had signed up with you. I don't tolerate lying. And that is what she did by omission. You are right to try and bless and release this one.

There is a song out there about God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers. In my opinion this is one of them.

Melissa, I'm so sorry. I understand your frustration. Please don't give up. This was HER issue, not yours. Like so many others, I'm of the opinion that you're better of without this person on your team.

Melissa - I am so sorry you are so frustrated. You are such a wonderful, hard-working person and I know how hard you work. Would you like to talk offline? Private message me or e-mail

You are proof that you can do this biz without being in the same town with your director. Look at all your awesome accomplishments. You have busted your tail lately. Don't let the flaky people get you down. And please remind me of this when the same thing happens to me.

Melissa and I are in the same cluster but a zillion miles from each other.

{{{HUGS}}}

Melissa, at least she showed her true colors before you signed her.....remember, you get what you give and she's gonna get this back in her face one of these days. Bless and release......next!

I agree with everyone Melissa. You are better off with out her. There will be the right people when it is supposed to happen to you. I feel your pain but she does not sound like someone I would want to work with.

Thank you everyone for the inspiring and kind words.
Kathy - Congrats on your 15k!!! I will email you later this week.

This would not have been so bad but this came at a time that I feel lousy anyway. My youngest DS is sick with double ear infections and looks like his ear drum burst yesterday, I am sick but too stuborn to go to the doc :), and to top everything off, we just found out yesterday that there was a death in the family so we are heading out tomorrow for the funeral and won't be back till late Thursday.

I also feel so bad because the host of the show she booked off of is great. She is an ex-consultant (who might be interested in signing again when her kids get older) who worked very hard to get over 600 in sales and 4 bookings. I had to tell her today what happened and that I will not be doing X's show. I explained that she would still get the past host benefit. Hopefully the lady doing the show knows that it follows the host not the consultant. I told X to have her call me if she had any questions. We shall see.

I guess this was God's way of saying that I am paying lip service to turning over my recruiting to Him but apparently not really trusting Him. I had a long talk with Him last week and told Him that I was done with trying and it was up to Him if He wanted me to take this path. Well shortly after this, I get a call from this host saying I have someone coming to the party that wants to sign up. I am thinking ok this is a sign. Well, then I decided to take matters into my own hands again and I guess I failed the test. Oh well, this time I am really turning it over to Him and it will happen in His time not mine. I have made peace and am now working on getting all of the stuff ready for my March shows. Thanks once again for all of the encouragement!

This is an awesome way to look at this situation Melissa. Thank you for inspiring ME to let go as well. I have been pushing myself SO hard, that it is unbearable sometimes. I will pray about this and know that I will be taken care of. Good luck with your business.

Related to Furious and Done With Recruiting

What is "Furious and Done With Recruiting"?

"Furious and Done With Recruiting" is a phrase used to express frustration and exhaustion with the process of trying to find a job or hire employees. It can refer to feeling overwhelmed by the constant searching, interviews, and rejection that often come with the recruitment process.

Why do people use the phrase "Furious and Done With Recruiting"?

People use this phrase to express their emotions and experiences with the often stressful and time-consuming process of recruiting. It can be a way to vent their frustrations and connect with others who may be going through similar experiences.

Is "Furious and Done With Recruiting" a common feeling?

Yes, it is a common feeling among both job seekers and employers. The recruitment process can be challenging and exhausting for both parties, leading to feelings of anger and being fed up with the process.

How can I cope with feeling "Furious and Done With Recruiting"?

There are a few ways to cope with these feelings. It can be helpful to take breaks and step away from the process for a while, practice self-care and stress management techniques, and seek support from friends, family, or a therapist. It can also be beneficial to re-evaluate your job search or recruitment strategies to see if there are any changes that could be made.

Is there a way to make the recruiting process less frustrating?

While the recruiting process can be frustrating, there are some steps you can take to make it less so. This may include setting realistic expectations, staying organized and focused, and seeking out resources and support to help you through the process. Additionally, being proactive in your search and communication with potential employers can also help to streamline the process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lockhartkitchen
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Katiek77
  • byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefJen2012