• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Funny Pampered Chef Leads Moment

In summary, the conversation shared some funny and unexpected stories of successful connections and leads through Pampered Chef. One person shared how they met a potential customer in a doctor's waiting room and another shared their experience of convincing someone to try Pampered Chef products. These stories show the power of being open and always ready to share the love of PC with others.
julmarsala
Gold Member
I thought it might be nice to share some funny unexpected Pampered Chef leads/connection stories:

Today, I went to see my Dr. and asked if I could leave a PC Catalog in his waiting room. While I was waiting a lady who just came out of her appointment picked it up and we started talking about PC. She loves PC!

I went into the patient room for the nurse check-up bit and then while I was waiting for the Doc - I heard the woman ask the nurse if he would see if I had a few minutes to answer some PC product questions she had. I came out of the room and gave her the answers and she wants to submit an order...

Just goes to show that you never know when you'll find a PC lovin' person in the world just waiting for you :love:

My favorite story involved Hershey Pumpkin Spice Kisses. It was October 2009. I realized as I was driving to a show that I'd forgotten my Kisses. I toss them at shows, so they were a necessity. I had allowed plenty of time, so I went to a nearby Target store to pick up some more kisses. There, at the Hershey display, stood Susan. She was clearly trying to decide which kisses to get. After a few seconds I excused myself and reached in front of her to get the pumpkin spice ones. I made a comment about it being a tough decision, and she agreed. I asked if she'd ever tried the pumpkin ones. She said no, so I told her they were absolutely fantastic.She noticed my PC sweatshirt and asked if I sold PC. I told her I did and asked her if she was a fan. She said no. She had heard of the company but, frankly, considered it overpriced stuff for snobby cooks--"No offense." I told her that there are probably a lot of people who share her opinion, but they'd be wrong. She said, "Okay, then convince me. There are food choppers here at Target. I know you sell food choppers. Yours are probably more expensive. Why should I buy yours?"I explained the differences between the two food choppers. She admitted that she did have one PC product and liked it. I offered her a mini-catalog and got her contact info so I could send her a full-sized one. We parted ways on friendly terms.Twenty minutes later I got a call from her. She'd bought the Pumpkin Spice Kisses and had just tried them. She was calling to let me know how much she liked them. We chatted a few minutes, and I assured her I'd send her a catalog then check up on her. She had lots of questions, but I answered them all. She hosted an $800+ party that January, and is still a good customer. So, you never know when a skeptic might become a PC fan.

I had my gallbladder out on the 6th. At my pre-surgery apt. The Dr. was letting me know he'd write a note for my work for however long I needed off---1 wk-2wks and so on, just to let him know. I told him I wouldn't be needing a note b/c I was my own boss. When he asked what I did, he said "I should get a catalog for my wife. Wait, maybe I don't want her to have one.." I didn't get to give him one that day but will for sure have one waiting for him @ my follow up apt. in 2 wks.

raebates said:
My favorite story involved Hershey Pumpkin Spice Kisses.

It was October 2009. I realized as I was driving to a show that I'd forgotten my Kisses. I toss them at shows, so they were a necessity. I had allowed plenty of time, so I went to a nearby Target store to pick up some more kisses. There, at the Hershey display, stood Susan. She was clearly trying to decide which kisses to get. After a few seconds I excused myself and reached in front of her to get the pumpkin spice ones. I made a comment about it being a tough decision, and she agreed. I asked if she'd ever tried the pumpkin ones. She said no, so I told her they were absolutely fantastic.

She noticed my PC sweatshirt and asked if I sold PC. I told her I did and asked her if she was a fan. She said no. She had heard of the company but, frankly, considered it overpriced stuff for snobby cooks--"No offense."

I told her that there are probably a lot of people who share her opinion, but they'd be wrong. She said, "Okay, then convince me. There are food choppers here at Target. I know you sell food choppers. Yours are probably more expensive. Why should I buy yours?"

I explained the differences between the two food choppers. She admitted that she did have one PC product and liked it. I offered her a mini-catalog and got her contact info so I could send her a full-sized one. We parted ways on friendly terms.

Twenty minutes later I got a call from her. She'd bought the Pumpkin Spice Kisses and had just tried them. She was calling to let me know how much she liked them. We chatted a few minutes, and I assured her I'd send her a catalog then check up on her. She had lots of questions, but I answered them all. She hosted an $800+ party that January, and is still a good customer.

So, you never know when a skeptic might become a PC fan.

Love it! Nicely done!! Just for the record, what did you say the differences were in the choppers other than the guarentee? I've had a PC chopper my whole adult life and know nothing about the department store choppers! :)

The biggest differences between our FC and others are:1. Ours is sturdier. If you feel them both, you'll be able to tell that ours is much better quality. Ours will last for years, as evidenced by its 3-year warranty. 2. Ours turns. Every time you hit the chopper it turns 1/4 turn as it comes back up. Other choppers don't.

everyone knows the "Slap Chop" from TV. It does turn like ours does, but the plastic is a cheaper, more brittle plastic. I haven't used is so I can't speak of the blades. Yes, ours costs 3x as much, but it will last much longer. A few good whacks on the Slap Chop, and you'll be running to Walgreens, Wal-Mart etc... to buy another one because it broke, plus, you can buy replacement parts for ours if you need them.

This didn't happen to me..but a lady in my cluster went to have a colonoscopy..and one of the nurses started asking her about PC. She ended up booking a party.

Mine is not as funny as some of yours..but it was something that caught me off guard. As some of you probably read I have a friend who's son lost a long battle with cancer last week. I took some food over there for them the other day. And the first thing that his wife said to me after thank you was, do you have a catalog with you. It caught me off guard, 1 thing because I barely know her..only recently added her even as a friend on FB, and that was because she was having a bday party for her husband. I mean don't get me wrong I don't mind that she asked. It just caught me off guard. She said she has been meaning to email me. And hasn't had a chance.

chefheidi2003 said:
This didn't happen to me..but a lady in my cluster went to have a colonoscopy..and one of the nurses started asking her about PC. She ended up booking a party.

Mine is not as funny as some of yours..but it was something that caught me off guard. As some of you probably read I have a friend who's son lost a long battle with cancer last week. I took some food over there for them the other day. And the first thing that his wife said to me after thank you was, do you have a catalog with you. It caught me off guard, 1 thing because I barely know her..only recently added her even as a friend on FB, and that was because she was having a bday party for her husband. I mean don't get me wrong I don't mind that she asked. It just caught me off guard. She said she has been meaning to email me. And hasn't had a chance.

I bet a fun party would be a nice diversion for her.

Here's a funny one, at my annual OBGYN appointment the nurse put me in a room and gave me a gown to cover up, well I got undressed covered up with the paper gown and sat on the exam table waiting for the Dr. I glanced over and realized I had drapped my clothes over my PC Tote, so I quickly got up moved my clothes and hurried up and climbed back up on the table, the Doctor came in said hello sat down and she about gave herself whiplash looking from me to my bag and said OMG I LOVE Pampered Chef so I told her about the DCB, anyway she booked a catalog show and also got a booking. So make lemonade from lemons, even if it is for a pap exam..lol

A little over a yr ago my husband was taken by ambulance to the ER for back pain. He had several nurses and a couple drs come in and see him and then they said he could be discharged. I had my PC tote on the chair all this time when the discharge nurse noticed my tote and exclaimed "oh you're the one who sells PC? I saw that van in the parking lot! I just love PC and always wanted to SELL it!!" So we started talking, exchanging names and answering a few of her questions, when my husband pipes up and says "Hello, did you two forget about me here?" I told him No, that we were busy and we would get him out of there soon! Well, we made a date to meet over coffee and she signed up the next week!

1. What is a "Funny Pampered Chef Leads Moment"?

A "Funny Pampered Chef Leads Moment" is a comedic experience or situation that occurs during a Pampered Chef party or demonstration. It often involves the consultant or guests making a lighthearted mistake or having a humorous interaction.

2. Are these moments planned or spontaneous?

These moments can be either planned or spontaneous. Some consultants incorporate humor into their presentations, while others may just have a naturally funny personality that shines through during the event.

3. Do these moments happen often?

It depends on the consultant and the event. Some consultants may have a knack for creating funny moments, while others may have more serious demonstrations. However, with a lively and engaged group of guests, there is always the potential for a funny moment to occur.

4. Can guests participate in creating funny moments?

Absolutely! Guests are encouraged to interact and participate during Pampered Chef events, and their contributions can often lead to funny moments. Whether it's a funny suggestion for a recipe or a humorous comment, guests can add to the fun and laughter of the event.

5. Are these moments appropriate for all ages?

Yes, these moments are meant to be lighthearted and enjoyable for all ages. However, it's important for consultants to use their discretion and avoid any jokes or humor that may be offensive or inappropriate for certain audiences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
minirottie
  • cbord
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies