• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fundraising for Mentally Handicapped--Advice and Ideas Welcome!

it's a great fundraiser!!!The Youth Pastor was more than happy to take on the fundraiser and the girls who were head up the event recognized that they should have approached him first.
Shonda1107
My mother wanted her organization to do a fundraiser with me for their mentally handicapped clients. She approached the person in charge who said she was familiar with PC because she also SOLD PC and that she would think about it. A little while went by and we did hear positively from her, she'd like me to call her to set a date. (I just got this news today so I'll call her tomorrow. The call may prompt even more questions.)

With me knowing she is a PC consultant, perhaps even going into her territory where she may have some clients, should I make some kind of deal with her like sharing bookings? Not that I would mind the traveling but the headquarters is a little over an hour away and their group homes are spread out all over the western CT corridor and their employees are even more wide spread. So, there is a potential of having a lot of business away from my immediate area which, in itself, is under-developed for PC. If so, am I correct is assuming that she should pay the $3 for those bookings when held? I had wanted to engage my mother in helping me so she could have a better idea if this fits her or not and, if she decided she was interested, share the leads with her but am wondering if I should extend to this courtesy to the current consultant first.

Additionally, are their some cost effective ways to promote this fundraiser within the organization and their many group homes without having to buy catalogs for everyone?

There is a potential for this fundraising being rather large (a few grand) so I'd like advice from those who have managed one and what the pitfalls are, how to stay organized and avoid confusion and keep customers happy.

Thanks! I'm equally excited and nervous!

Last edited:
She said she "sold" Pampered Chef. Could she have meant that she USED TO sell? I would think so since she invited you to set a date.

Also, Pampered Chef pays the $3 per booking not the consultant!

Good point, Beth. Sometimes we read the wrong meaning into things. Sounds like this could be a really great fundraiser and expose you to a whole new group of customers. Good luck!!

This was a third-party conversation through my mother but I believe she said she currently sells that is why we were thinking it may not happen. It could be a conflict of interest issue for her or maybe she sees this as helping her business too, thus my question here to be better prepared to negotiate.

I thought I'd pay the $3! Wow, that's fantastic!

I wouldn't worry about it too much is she is giving you the go-ahead to do it. It could be a conflict of interest and that she is not allowed to approach anyone there because she does work there (I know that's how it was when I was working at a doctor's office. It's actually against the law to use patient contact information to contact them about your personal business.)

That's one of the things I like so much about PC too, there are no territories. Everyone I have met so far is wonderful about sharing, whether it's information or customer leads. If you still feel uncomfortable about it, give her a call yourself and just say something like "I'm really looking forward to this opportunity, but I just wanted to touch base with you about it first." You can also let any of the guests/customers know that if she is their regular consultant, you are only collecting their orders this one time and that she will still be following up with them. All new leads from this should be yours unless you feel they live too far away and that you wouldn't be able to provide them with the best customer service. In that case, refer them to her.

Good luck!

Shonda I had a simialar situation at my church. I approached the Youth Pastor and he loved it!! When I met with the 2 ladies that were going head up the fundraiser, one of them mentioned that one of the youth groups members STILL sold PC. I asked who and they told me. I called her and talked to her about it....SHE said, "I guess I should have approached them first huh"! She understood that I had made all of the contacts - she could have just as easily doen it herself - she just never had!!!

I alksed her if she felt a little weird about me doing the fundraiser - she was AOK with it....then noted thatq NEXT year was her turn -- we both agreed:)

If the opportunity is out there for the taking -- take it. It is just as easy for another consultant to seek out what you WISHED you had asked for...

Talk with the person first-hand. Your mom has setup the contact, you follow through with it. You may be spinning your wheels expending energy that is for naught - find out! Be the consultant.

God Bless, Take Care!

what $3 per booking??? Never heard of this?1

ChefBurke said:
what $3 per booking??? Never heard of this?1
PC gives the organization $3 per booking at a fund-raiser.

Spoke with PC consultant about FR. She is a current consultant who only submits $200 every two months to stay active. She was convincing that it did not bother her at all so I feel better now. I believe in Karma!

I'm glad that worked out for you Shonda! Here's hoping it'll be a big fundraiser!

1. How can I get started with fundraising for mentally handicapped individuals?

There are many ways to get started with fundraising for mentally handicapped individuals. One idea is to reach out to local organizations or charities that support individuals with disabilities and see if they have any ongoing fundraising efforts or events that you can participate in. You can also consider organizing your own fundraising event, such as a bake sale, car wash, or charity walk, and donate the proceeds to a mental health organization or program for individuals with disabilities.

2. Are there any particular products or services that are popular for fundraising for mentally handicapped individuals?

Some popular products and services for fundraising for mentally handicapped individuals include customized merchandise, such as t-shirts or bracelets, that raise awareness for mental health and disabilities. You can also consider partnering with a company that offers fundraising programs, such as Pampered Chef, and host a virtual party where a portion of the sales will be donated to a mental health organization.

3. Is it better to donate directly to a mental health organization or to a specific individual with a disability?

Both options can be beneficial, but it ultimately depends on your personal preference. Donating directly to a mental health organization can support a wider range of individuals and services, while donating to a specific individual can have a more direct impact on their life. Consider researching and reaching out to local organizations and individuals to see where your donation can make the most impact.

4. How can I spread the word about my fundraising efforts for mentally handicapped individuals?

Social media is a great way to spread the word about your fundraising efforts. You can create a dedicated page or event on platforms like Facebook or Instagram and invite your friends and family to join and share. Also, consider reaching out to local media outlets and community organizations to see if they can help promote your fundraiser.

5. Are there any specific guidelines or regulations I should be aware of when fundraising for mentally handicapped individuals?

It's important to research and follow any local regulations or laws regarding fundraising. Additionally, it's important to be respectful and mindful of the individuals you are raising money for. Consider reaching out to a mental health organization or individual with a disability to get their input and make sure your fundraising efforts are inclusive and respectful.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Hillary
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • mmilus
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies