• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fundraising for a Cause: Tips and Ideas for a Successful Campaign

In summary, Kathy seems to have a lot of work ahead of her if she wants to raise $3000 for her granddaughter. She should enlist the help of family and friends, as well as contact people she doesn't know directly. She can also hold a cooking show or auction to generate more money.
pamperedbykathy
Hello all,
Just joined the sight and have already enjoyed and learned. I am going to talk with a lady who needs to do a fundraiser for her granddaughter. Needing to raise about $3,000. Any ideas how one young lady can accomplish this? I am in Texas and the fundraisers are in California. Thanks for all of your help.
Kathy

Seems like a big task for one person.... She is going to have to take advantage of you PWS(hope you have one) and she is going to have to ask everyone. She can't recruit a couple friends to take around catalogs and get orders to help out?

I'm not sure on this, but isn't their a rule with fundraisers where it has to be to an actual organization, not an individual? I could be wrong...

I think it can be for an individual but it has to be a fund set up at a bank/financial institution, like the "Jane Doe Medical Bill Fund".

It will definetly be a daunting task for her.

My girl is raising money for Up With People. I am excited, will let you know
how well she does. Thanks

pamperedbykathy said:
My girl is raising money for Up With People. I am excited, will let you know
how well she does. Thanks
What is up with People?

My dd needs to raise funds for a med. school camp she was nominated to attend. (she is a HS Junior)

I'm thinking it's going to be hard to raise $3K with only one person, but I'm sure you can put a dent in it!! Have her give catalogs to everyone (or better yet, direct them all to your website to save on catalog expenditures...) and ask them to all collect 3-5 orders. That way, it's not a really daunting task that she's asking of them. Do a mega show, where she asks everyone she knows to ask everyone they know...those are my ideas...

I did a fundraiser for a girl going to Europe with People to People. It was around $900, so she got about $140. We only did a cooking show fundraiser, though. She collected some outside orders, but it wasn't like a lot of people brought friends or outside orders. I'm sure you could have a great fundraiser! Let us know how it goes!

To learn about Up With People you can go to their website www.upwithpeople.org. She lives in California and I am in Texas. I have been in communication with her and her grandmother, awesome young lady. When I sent her, her packet, I sent her extra material to help her with some ideas on how to receive more orders. I just get the feeling she will definitely be working hard for 3 weeks.
I will for sure be letting you know how it goes. Thank you all for your support, have gotten some great ideas in my short time here.

My first fundraiser was by a mother raising funds to help pay all her daughters traveling softball team fees. It didn't go as well as she had planned...I think there were alot of personal issues getting in the way.

While she may not be able to raise the entire $3000 it would certainly help out. Any amount helps right?? Am I correct in figuring she would have to have a $20,000 show to get $3000? (Excluding booking credit of course). That's an awful lot of PC, but who here wouldn't love to have a show like that? :p

I would suggest that she enlist the help of all her family members if possible and she can't limit herself to just family and co-workers if applicable. She really is going to have to go outside her immediate circle and contact neighbors, church members, other parents of her childrens friends, teachers at school, etc.

there is a thread somewhere on here that tells of a raffle ticket fundraiser. 50% of all ticket sales go to the group raising money. the other 50% is raffled off into shopping sprees. the number of tickets sold and the amount they are sold for can vary. it is easier to raise larger sums of $$ with this type of FR. and you can get the tickets printed at office max using the PC dicount for a minimal cost.

I have one girl that is trying to raise money to go to Europe to sing... and her family is having a chinese auction and spagetti dinner for her this saturday (hoping for 100-125 people). Tickets are $10 a person, plus the auction...and I also have about 100 flyers printed up for instructions on ordering through my PWS or by phone for a fund raiser for her. (she has a fund set up at a local bank) ....I would suggest the same sort of thing. Even though you are in different areas, you could send them one copy of the flyer, and they can make the copies and hand them out at an event like this. Good luck!

You guys are really great with all of your suggestions. Thank you so much

Kathy

jenniferknapp said:
I have one girl that is trying to raise money to go to Europe to sing... and her family is having a chinese auction and spagetti dinner for her this saturday (hoping for 100-125 people). Tickets are $10 a person, plus the auction...and I also have about 100 flyers printed up for instructions on ordering through my PWS or by phone for a fund raiser for her. (she has a fund set up at a local bank) ....I would suggest the same sort of thing. Even though you are in different areas, you could send them one copy of the flyer, and they can make the copies and hand them out at an event like this. Good luck!

Jennifer, I love the idea about the flyers, but I guess I'm always so hesitant about the "cost" of such things to me. I hate being worried about the bottom line, but when it comes to printing....etc, it can add up.

I'm just curious how everyone else justifies it and if it doesn't work out, how you justify that. (Does that make sense??) I'm trying to change my ways of thinking. :p I need reinforcements! :rolleyes:

Hello,

Just wanted to follow up on the fundraiser I had going on in California. We closed today with $800.00 Not too bad for one person.
Thank you for all of your posts.

Kathy

That is great Kathy. Way to go.

I still don't understand how fundraisers work. What percentage goes to PC and what percentage goes to the organization for whom the funds are being raised? I've tried finding this on the PC website but to no avail...HELP PLEASE!

Related to Fundraising for a Cause: Tips and Ideas for a Successful Campaign

What is "Fundraising for One"?

"Fundraising for One" is a program offered by Pampered Chef that allows individuals to raise money for a cause or organization of their choice by hosting a virtual cooking party. It is a fun and easy way to support a cause that is important to you.

How does "Fundraising for One" work?

To participate in "Fundraising for One," you first need to select a cause or organization that you would like to support. Then, you can reach out to a Pampered Chef consultant to schedule a virtual cooking party. The consultant will provide you with a unique party link that you can share with your friends and family. During the party, a portion of the sales will be donated to your chosen cause.

How much money can I raise through "Fundraising for One"?

The amount of money you can raise through "Fundraising for One" depends on the total sales generated during your virtual cooking party. Generally, the more guests you invite and the more products they purchase, the more money you can raise for your cause. However, keep in mind that the amount donated may vary based on the consultant and specific promotions at the time of the party.

Do I need to have any cooking experience to participate in "Fundraising for One"?

No, you do not need to have any cooking experience to participate in "Fundraising for One." The consultant will guide you and your guests through the cooking demonstration, and all the recipes are simple and easy to follow. Plus, it's a great opportunity to learn some new cooking techniques and recipes!

Can I choose any cause or organization to support through "Fundraising for One"?

Yes, you can choose any cause or organization that is important to you. Whether it's a local charity, school, sports team, or non-profit organization, you can use "Fundraising for One" to raise money and support their mission. Just make sure to communicate with the consultant beforehand so they can properly allocate the donations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• allieskitchen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • MissyPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies