• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fun 4th of July Plans - Swimming, BBQ & Fireworks!

In summary, the 4th of July is coming up and so I was wondering if anyone is doing anything fun. Some people are going swimming, others are going to watch fireworks, and some people are going to have barbecues.
Jennie4PC
Since the 4th of July is right around the corner, I was wondering if anyone is doing anything fun.

We will start the day out at swimming lessons then we will go to a friends house for the rest of the day. There we will swim and BBQ in the afternoon then in the evening we will do another BBQ then head over to a baseball field where we will watch the fireworks.

sounds like fun! ds and i will spend the morning apart, but i will pick him up around noon then its the usual pool/bbq/fireworks thing. i'll hit the farmers market for fresh veggies to grill.

saturday will be more fun - a nearby town has a ribfest, so we're going with some friends. joan jett and the blackhearts are playing! if i have any energy left, we'll go to a renaissance fair (jousting, etc) sunday

and then i'm supposed to work monday??????

We will start off the day at our local Town Parade. It is a really great parade. Then there is Arts and the Park and food. We will then go to our friends farm place and have a big BBQ and do fireworks. We are taking our camper up there too so do not have to worry about driving home. I made a yummy slush for the day and have watermellon and a huge potato salad to share. I am also going to make a kiddy mix of M&M's, pretzels, teddy graham's, and dry roasted nuts. Then will make some homemade mounds bars. Should be a great day!

We were invited to a past host's house. One of my last shows that I did I had about 3 past hosts there. A FUN group of ladies! Anyway, the current host and her husband that day invited my family over to their party. They have about 80 or so people that come and hang out, kids will swim and we will eat!!! I was told they will be having Brisket, Ribs and everything! YUMMY!
I'm supposed to bring SOMETHING. Any suggestions on a quick yummy recipe I should take along??? I can't think!

We're starting off the day at the Freedom Fest on base, then back home to grill & hang out afterwards we'll go back to the Freedom Fest & watch Gary Sinise & the Lt. Dan Band perform before the fireworks. :) If you ever get the chance to see them, check 'em out, they put on a great show!

We'll be attending the Lawnmower Races. Yup, you read that right. The nearby town of Twelve Mile, IN, hosts the races every year. There is a race for standard lawnmowers (without blades, of course) and for souped-up mowers. It's a lot of fun, and a great deal of time and money goes into the race. There's also lots of good food and lots of people. (An excellent time to wear PC gear. ;))That evening, provided it isn't raining, we'll go to the park in Peru for fireworks. The park is actually kind of bowl shaped, so it seems like you could reach out and grab the fireworks. They actually do a pretty impressive display for a small town.

raebates said:
We'll be attending the Lawnmower Races. Yup, you read that right. The nearby town of Twelve Mile, IN, hosts the races every year. There is a race for standard lawnmowers (without blades, of course) and for souped-up mowers. It's a lot of fun, and a great deal of time and money goes into the race. There's also lots of good food and lots of people. (An excellent time to wear PC gear. ;))

That evening, provided it isn't raining, we'll go to the park in Peru for fireworks. The park is actually kind of bowl shaped, so it seems like you could reach out and grab the fireworks. They actually do a pretty impressive display for a small town.

We have lawnmower races here too-they are allot of fun.

We are going to my husband's Aunt & Uncle's house - they're total wackos. They have three sons...one is 21, the others are 12 and 9. So my boys will play with the younger cousins. I will be making one of the Red White & Blue Trifles -- Sharon that's what you should bring to your past-Host's BBQ!!

We will begin the day with the parade (dd, ds & dh will all be in the parade with their baseball/softball teams). Then we head to my ds baseball coaches for the day for cookout, baseball and awards from their season. After that we will go to the town's fireworks.
Tonight we head out to the Columbus Clippers (minor league baseball) game and then we will stay for Red, White & Boom.

installing a waterfall between my pool and gazebo

Our local chamber has lots of fun activities this year.....starting off early with a trike/bike/scooter, etc parade (my girls have decorated their wagon to ride in), then sidewalk chalk drawing contest, then patriotic face painting, then inflatable obstacle course & petting zoo all day, then free ice cream; then they are doing their dances from taking dance this year. At lunch-time, I'll be working at our PTO lunch fundraiser booth selling walking tacos & hot dogs.
Then, for supper we're going to my inlaws' for BBQ & fireworks. My dh, his brother, step brother, & dad are all like big kids; they like to shoot off the big artillery shells. Then we'll make it back to town for the display put on here.

Let's see:Tonight - decorating trailer with Mustang for tomorrow.Tomorrow a.m. - meet at 9 a.m. to get the Rescue #1, trailer, and '68 Mustang on Raffle to the parade - parade at 11 a.m...boogie up to Station #2 to get ready for the other parade at 1:30 p.m.July 5th - Brat Fry fundraiser at Walmart for the Fire Department, registration at camp for a few hours and maybe a neighborhood event in between (don't think there is time).
8 p.m. get ready to take Rescue #2 to Lake Tomahawk Fireworks and stand by for medical aid. DH is a pyrotechnician and setting off the fireworks.July 6th - go to church then sleep to recover from the insane schedule over the last 2 weeks and maybe try to pack for NC and trip.

It sounds like every one is doing something fun. We cant do fireworks here they are illegal we except on the Indian clonony. Sat I may go to our Basque parade.

1. What are some fun activities to do on the 4th of July?

Some fun activities to do on the 4th of July include swimming, having a BBQ, and watching fireworks. Other activities can include playing outdoor games like cornhole or having a water balloon fight.

2. How can I make my 4th of July BBQ more festive?

To make your 4th of July BBQ more festive, you can decorate with red, white, and blue tablecloths, plates, and napkins. You can also make themed dishes like flag fruit kabobs or star-shaped sandwiches. And don't forget to play some patriotic music!

3. What are some pool games that are perfect for the 4th of July?

Some pool games that are perfect for the 4th of July include pool volleyball, diving for pool toys with a patriotic twist (like red, white, and blue diving rings), and a water balloon toss. You can also have a pool noodle race where participants have to race across the pool using only a pool noodle.

4. How can I ensure a safe and enjoyable fireworks experience?

To ensure a safe and enjoyable fireworks experience, always follow the instructions and warnings on the fireworks packaging. Make sure to have a designated adult responsible for lighting the fireworks and keep a bucket of water nearby in case of any accidents. Also, be mindful of neighbors and pets who may be sensitive to loud noises.

5. What are some alternative ideas for celebrating the 4th of July if I don't have access to a pool or fireworks?

If you don't have access to a pool or fireworks, there are still plenty of ways to celebrate the 4th of July! You can have a picnic in the park, go on a hike or bike ride, or have a movie night with patriotic films. You can also attend a local parade or festival to get into the holiday spirit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• apriljc
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedalf
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefhutch04
Replies