• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Se Michigan Shopping and Fun Day - Sept 22

In summary, Becky, Kelly, and I are planning a fun shopping day in the Detroit area on Saturday, September 22. Trader Joe's is definitely on the list of stores, and I think Becky wants to go to Whole Foods, too. I have a show that evening, but anyone who wants to come can do so. :) And if you need to, you can camp out at my house that night.
chefann
Gold Member
I'm putting this here because Becky, Kelly and I thoroughly hijacked another thread with our chat about this.

We're thinking of having a fun shopping day in the Detroit area on Saturday, September 22. Trader Joe's is definitely on the list of stores, and I think Becky wants to go to Whole Foods, too (there's one right across the street from one of the TJ's near me).

I have a show that evening, but anyone who wants to come can do so. :) It's with a rep from another direct-sales plan. She's inviting a bunch of people from her various Mom's groups.

And if you need to, you can camp out at my house that night. Of course, we have no guest room, but the couch pulls out. :D

Anyone else interested?

Last edited:
Here's the latest TJ's flyer for Michigan: http://www.traderjoes.com/flyers/MI.pdf

Psst... Kelly.... there are locations of TJ's in Ohio, I just don't know if any are near you. http://www.traderjoes.com/Attachments/all_locations.pdf

It sounds fun! I probably wouldn't be able to get there until about 2-ish. I have a feeling I'm working in the morning.If I don't end up with a show scheduled that afternoon (please, please!), I'd love to come.

Sure thing, Jennifer! I'll add you to the list. Right now, everything is super-tenuous. As in, let's get together, but no specifics AT ALL. :) We'll have more details later and I'm sure we'll exchange numbers. You're sorta between Lansing and Flint, right?

Sorta between Lansing and Flint is the perfect way to describe it! :)Thanks for keeping me in the loop!

Hmmm, road trip from Canada - very tempting!! :)

You can do it!

Have fun guys!!! :)

Marg said:
Hmmm, road trip from Canada - very tempting!! :)

OOhh! We can make it an International Fun Day!:D

Hi All
It's my oldest son's 12 birthday. I don't think I'll be joining you. Right now I'm free any other Saturday in September. I'm hoping that doesn't last long, though. I've got two out of town potential hosts who want to have Saturday shows. I hope they pan out because a couple of my other "potential hosts" have decided not to have a show.
Have fun w/o me.

Awww... we'll miss you, JAE! We'll have to plan another one. :) TJ's gets some great stuff in between Halloween and Christmas for the holidays. :D(I still remember your post that the thing you remembered from Conference was me seeing you and giving you a hug. That chokes me up every time I think about it.)

Awww, Ann. I don't mean to choke you up, but honestly, I really felt that you were truly excited to see me, even after the initial meeting. I really didn't know anyone at conference but BeckyD. I hadn't found her yet. When you came running with the big smile, it just made me feel good. I hope I can come soon. I have a friend who lives in Macomb, and she is thinking about having a show on a Saturday before Thanksgiving. I will definitely try to hook up with you if I go over there.

JAE said:
I have a friend who lives in Macomb, and she is thinking about having a show on a Saturday before Thanksgiving. I will definitely try to hook up with you if I go over there.
Heck, yeah! You'll have to pass my place to get to Macomb. I'll be miffed with you if you don't stop in (or at least let me know when you're passing through). :)

chefann said:
Heck, yeah! You'll have to pass my place to get to Macomb. I'll be miffed with you if you don't stop in (or at least let me know when you're passing through). :)

This reminds me of the time I was going to my moms - I have to pass JAE's house to get there - and JAE called me while I was in the car.......so she stood at the end of her driveway and waved to me as I passed and honked my horn!:D :D :D

Becky- I think you need to tell DH that you have an important business appointment that day and will have to miss the car show. :) OR- you can tell him to skip it, too, and he can hang out with my DH, who will probably be working in the garage all day and would appreciate another gearhead.

Sounds like fun, but it's football Saturday in Ann Arbor, so my butt will be on a bench (that is really too narrow for my butt!) in the big house. Not as bad as it sounds, at least they have hot dogs! And we do bloody marys and brunch before hand, so it's more like a party. The game is just an evil necessity!

Have fun everybody and report any really cool food fines. If anyone is ever coming to the Ann Arbor area, we could do a shopping trip, too.

Carol, you could stop in at the Ann Arbor TJ's that weekend and join us in spirit. :)

Anyone else?

Right now, Becky's a maybe (work on DH, girl!), and Jennifer might be able to join us.

I still have a show that evening, which sounds like it might be a biggie - you're more than welcome to come with me and then spend the night.
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/th307004029271.gif

PamperChefCarol said:
Sounds like fun, but it's football Saturday in Ann Arbor, so my butt will be on a bench (that is really too narrow for my butt!) in the big house. Not as bad as it sounds, at least they have hot dogs! And we do bloody marys and brunch before hand, so it's more like a party. The game is just an evil necessity!

Have fun everybody and report any really cool food fines. If anyone is ever coming to the Ann Arbor area, we could do a shopping trip, too.

Hey Carol I have a step sister that lives in Farmington. Is that close to you?? I know when we went to her wedding in was near Ann Arbor. We are huge OSU fans and we weren't sure we would be able to "breath" all weekend up in Ann Arbor. Hahahaha.

Farmington is near me! Really! The border between my city and Farmington Hills is 1/2 mile from my house. We're about 45 minutes away from Ann Arbor.

nicki25 said:
Hey Carol I have a step sister that lives in Farmington. Is that close to you?? I know when we went to her wedding in was near Ann Arbor. We are huge OSU fans and we weren't sure we would be able to "breath" all weekend up in Ann Arbor. Hahahaha.

You would have no problem here in Ann Arbor. We are really a nice bunch, and relatively well behaved!! Ok, there is that one weekend a year!

So how was the trip???? Anything really cool and fun??

I would love to come up but my daughter is a cheerleader this year and we need to be here for her games which are all on Saturday and Sundays. My stepsister that lives in Farmington would die if I showed up at her doorstep. (We are not that close). Maybe some other time!!

PamperChefCarol said:
So how was the trip???? Anything really cool and fun??
It's in September. ;)

I'm still up for this, if anyone else is, too! I picked up a case of Sprecher soda when I was in Milwaukee, so we've got beverages. :)

PamperChefCarol said:

I am wondering if you are still planning to be watching that U of M team. They aren't starting out too hot this season. What is going on?

Hey Ann! I wish I could come. Unless there is an amazing skate park nearby with a nice sunny day, I don't think I could convince my son that I need to go to the eat side! Too bad you work during the week. I would more likely be able to visit while my kids are in school.

I know where there's an indoor skate park. :)

So what's the word, folks? Are we still on for shopping?

I have a show that evening, and I'm trying to plan my week - do I need to pack for the show Friday night, or will I have Saturday afternoon free?

Let me know!!

1. What is the date and location of the Se Michigan Shopping and Fun Day?

The Se Michigan Shopping and Fun Day will take place on September 22 at the Suburban Collection Showplace in Novi, MI.

2. Can anyone attend the Se Michigan Shopping and Fun Day?

Yes, the event is open to the public and all are welcome to attend.

3. What types of vendors will be at the Se Michigan Shopping and Fun Day?

There will be a variety of vendors from different industries, including home goods, fashion, beauty, and food. Pampered Chef will also be represented at the event.

4. Will there be any special offers or discounts at the Se Michigan Shopping and Fun Day?

Yes, many vendors will have exclusive deals and discounts available only at the event. Make sure to stop by the Pampered Chef booth for some great offers on our products.

5. Is there an admission fee for the Se Michigan Shopping and Fun Day?

No, there is no admission fee for the event. However, some vendors may have a fee for their products or services. Feel free to browse and enjoy the event without any cost.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
AnnieBee
  • pchefkristin
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pchefkristin
Replies
Views
GourmetGirl