• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frustrating End to a Faraway Show in May

In summary, the host booked a show for Memorial Day weekend couples grill show, but wanted to change the date to the 2nd week of June. When I dropped off the orders, the host said she wanted an extra week to call me. The host's phone was turned off, so I tried her work number and her friend's work number. No answer. I e-mailed her and called her work number again and left a voicemail. No answer. I tried the host's phone again and it said she was out of service.
DebbieJ
I drove way too far for a show at the end of May.

Sales are $112.

I've tried unsuccessfully to get a hold of the host to close.

I was making a call today on a recruit lead from the show and I got the lead's mom. She asked about her order, I told her I hadn't gotten ahold of the host to close. She asked me to cancel her order. Her order was half the show. :mad:

I now have to figure out what to do with the other two orders. One was for the host's fiance, so you know how that is working out. I don't want to cancel them b/c then I make absolutely no money on this (or should I say then I'll lose even more money on this one).

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deb - tell us how you really feel! What I would do is submit the orders you have payment for as an individual order and eat the shipping. Get it over with and go on.

That's probably what I was going to do.

Hugs Debbie - dwell on your good show you just had!

I wasn't going to post mine and just move on but here is my lovely current one.

Host booked for Memorial Day weekend couples grill show...wanted to change date to 2nd week of June - time comes for invitations - asks to change to catalog show - I visit her work and drop off everything - set to close in 2 weeks - check in at 1 week of how she is doing - has done nothing wants an extra week - set a close date of Tuesday night she wants to call me - I'm home and waiting - as of 8:30 p.m. no call I try her - no answer. E-mailed her and called her work today - no answer...friend at work who has an order on the show (host she booked off of) says she is there and to call. I even e-mailed to say I had 2 outside orders to add to her show to help out.

UGH!!!!!!!!!! Debbie I feel your pain!

Yuck! But even at $112, it wasn't enough for a show anyway, right?
Do you have payment for the other two orders - the fiance and whomever else? If so, I'd see if you could find any other misc. orders to get it up to the $150.
I've had two hosts that wouldn't call me back to close, so the last message I left for them said that I was closing the show on xxx date and if they wanted to get their free products and discount, they needed to call me before then. Once finally called and got her free stuff, but the other didn't. I ended up submitting the show and keeping the free stuff for myself... at least that way I felt like I got something out of the deal! Don't know if that was the most ethical thing to do, but I waited about three weeks and the rest of the guests were getting a bit annoyed that they didn't have their orders.

Maybe I'm mean... but has it been more than 3 days since she placed the order with you? Had she already paid? Technically they only have 3 days to "cancel" their order. Otherwise they can recieve/return their order and get a refund... It's within your rights to do it that way. But if you've already agreed to cancel the order with her, I guess you're stuck. :( I'm sorry Deb! Bless and release!!!

Oh yeah, it's been WAAAYYYYY more than 3 days.

DebbieJ said:
Oh yeah, it's been WAAAYYYYY more than 3 days.

Good luck finishing! It takes so much time when you run into a "bad" host. Makes you wonder why they go through any effort to have a show. We have SUCH an excellent host benefit package that I'm amazed at times how people are "too busy" to finish things up.

I had a host apologizing to me over and over that it took a week to close her show due to her vacation which I didn't think was a problem and then you have the other end where they go for WEEKS with no response, apology, whatever.

Laura - I don't think you're mean, you're just keeping your business moving. If you are up front with the rules/expectations, you're definitely entitled to stick to them.

{{{{{HHHHUUUUGGGGGGSSSSSS}}}}}}}}

Can you feel my long arms from Florida??;) I'm so sorry. I remember you telling me about that show last week or the week prior!! I can't believe her. Did you tell her that you'd cancel it? I agree with Laura. Do what your heart tells you. You'll make the right decision.

Okay, so I cancelled the one order and then just submitted the other two orders together as one individual order. There was one HWC item on there, so I couldn't really add it to another show.

Oh well. Lesson learned.

And I didn't have to pay any extra shipping. The two $4 charges plus the round up amounts covered it so no one had to pay any extra.

Well that worked out good then Deb. It's done and now she'll be mad at her daughter. That sucks!

And the whole $7 I'll make on the "show" won't even cover the gas I spent to get there.....oh well.

I'm sorry Deb! That really does suck!! Go have a drink of wine or better yet, captain and coke.

Can't wait to hang out again!!!

Oh, I have a pic of us and Ginny on my myspace page!!!

Kristi ~ I'm so not into this new My Space thing...I told my kids a pic of me it out there...they laughed..."Mom, you can't even see it because you don't have a "space" ! ! ! !

Don't you just love 'em?

Ginny

Deb ~

That really sucks...sorry it happened to you ~ wonder what's gonna happen to that host...karma sucks too! LOL

Ginny

Oh Debbie. I feel your pain. So many good hostesses--SO MANY BAD ONES. I had one complaining to me today about how our hostess plan would be so much better if they got the hostess special no matter how long it took the bookees to have it. It's a business--we have to book em tight or we have huge gaps--NO parties then no business.

I think hostesses like yours should be followed by a nagging sense of how the screwed over someone. It is not nice what she did!!

Julie

Kitchen2u said:
Kristi ~ I'm so not into this new My Space thing...I told my kids a pic of me it out there...they laughed..."Mom, you can't even see it because you don't have a "space" ! ! ! !

Don't you just love 'em?

Ginny

That's funny Ginny! I Just got one less than a month ago, mainly to check up on my niece *her mom passed away 4 yrs ago and lives with her grandma. Grandma doesn't have my space but I do!!!*

Oohooohhhh....can I be your friend????

Back to our regularly scheduled thread--can you believe that I originally did this show with the intention of recruiting the host? NOT ANYMORE!!!

How disappointing. Do you think she has any great excuse at all???

Julie

DebbieJ said:
Oohooohhhh....can I be your friend????

Are you on there Deb? Email me!:D

Related to Frustrating End to a Faraway Show in May

1. What happened at the "Frustrating End to a Faraway Show in May" event?

Unfortunately, there were some unforeseen technical difficulties that caused the show to end abruptly.

2. Will there be a rescheduled date for the show?

We are currently working on rescheduling the event and will provide updates as soon as possible.

3. Can I get a refund for my ticket to the show?

Yes, we understand the frustration and disappointment of not being able to fully enjoy the show. Please reach out to our customer service team for refund options.

4. Will the same performers and vendors still be at the rescheduled show?

We are trying our best to coordinate with all the performers and vendors to ensure they can attend the rescheduled show. However, there may be some changes in the lineup.

5. How can I stay updated on the rescheduled show?

Please follow our social media pages and check our website for updates on the rescheduled show. You can also sign up for our email newsletter for the latest information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedchefDaly
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Kasper2010
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • keynibear