• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fruit or Ambrosia Salad Recipes Anyone???

In summary, to make a basic fruit salad, select a variety of fresh fruits, cut them into bite-sized pieces, and mix them together in a large bowl. You can add honey or lemon juice for added flavor. The best dressing for a fruit salad is a simple mixture of honey and lime or lemon juice, but you can also use a light vinaigrette or yogurt-based dressing. Canned fruits can be used, but fresh fruits are recommended for the best taste and texture. To make an ambrosia salad, mix together canned pineapple, mandarin oranges, maraschino cherries, shredded coconut, mini marshmallows, and whipped cream. Refrigerate before serving. You can make a fruit salad in advance, but
heat123
Silver Member
Hi and Merry Christmas Eve to those of you who celebrate it!

Just wanted to see if anyone had any good recipes to share of either as I am making a dish for dinner tonight and wanted to see what different ones were out there?? I have never really made either and I tasted a really good one at Vons awhile back but they did not have it anymore. I swear it had a sweet-saltyness to the dressing so I was wondering if there is a recipe with yogart and mayo combined???

Thanks!

I have an AWESOME salad recipe!

Apple Cashew Salad

10 oz. bag of spinach
2 Granny Smith apples, cut up
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/4 cup cashews

Dressing:
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 tsp celery salt
1/4 tsp garlic salt

Toss it all together and enjoy.

I usually add more raisins, cashews and apples b/c of the amount of spinach. When I use the smaller bag of spinach (6 oz I think) these proportions work great though. It's ALWAYS a hit!

Thanks Tara! Hmm now I am thinkin it was a Fruit Waldorf salad as I see some ingredients on the internet that calls for Mayo and or sour cream. I think I may just experiement with the dressing to see if I can come up with my own version using mayo, sourcream and yogart?!

Related to Fruit or Ambrosia Salad Recipes Anyone???

1. How do I make a basic fruit salad?

To make a basic fruit salad, start by selecting a variety of fresh fruits such as berries, melons, and citrus fruits. Cut the fruits into bite-sized pieces and mix them together in a large bowl. You can also add a touch of honey or lemon juice for added flavor. Serve chilled.

2. What is the best dressing for a fruit salad?

The best dressing for a fruit salad is a simple mixture of honey and lime or lemon juice. Alternatively, you can use a light vinaigrette or yogurt-based dressing for a tangy flavor.

3. Can I use canned fruits in my fruit salad?

Yes, you can use canned fruits in your fruit salad, but make sure to drain them well before adding them to the salad. Fresh fruits are always recommended for the best taste and texture.

4. How do I make an ambrosia salad?

To make an ambrosia salad, mix together canned pineapple chunks, mandarin oranges, maraschino cherries, shredded coconut, and mini marshmallows. Add a dollop of whipped cream and mix well. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.

5. Can I make a fruit salad in advance?

Yes, you can make a fruit salad in advance, but it is best to add any dressing or creamy elements right before serving. This will prevent the fruits from becoming too soggy or the dressing from separating. Keep the fruit salad refrigerated until ready to serve.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pctharper
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • janezapchef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Jenn'sKitchen