• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

From Underdog to Super Bowl Contender: An Arizona Native's Journey"

In summary, the conversation revolved around the excitement and surprise of the Arizona Cardinals making it to the Super Bowl, with many native Arizona residents rooting for their home team. Some discussion also took place about the locations of the participants and their connections to both Arizona and New York. The conversation also touched on the religious beliefs of the Cardinals' quarterback, Kurt Warner, and the disappointment of some fans whose teams did not make it to the Super Bowl.
Crystal Patton
I'm not really a sports person at all. But I am a native Arizona gal and WE ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!!

Our poor Cardinals have been picked on as a joke of a football team for as long as I can remember. If I heard about it, as a non-sports person, it must have been bad. Now we are going to the Super Bowl. It just blows me away.:eek:

Sorry, I'm a little excited and I just had to share.:D

I was rooting for them last week cause they were the underdogs and have never gone to the SB, from what I was told! :)

Crystal I know exactly how you feel. I am also a Native Arizona gal, so I've been rooting them on the past few weeks! My brother was at the game today so I was quick to let him know that he owes me a red championship sweatshirt to wear here in NY for the Superbowl. We will be visiting AZ in March. Can't wait!

Karen said:
Crystal I know exactly how you feel. I am also a Native Arizona gal, so I've been rooting them on the past few weeks! My brother was at the game today so I was quick to let him know that he owes me a red championship sweatshirt to wear here in NY for the Superbowl. We will be visiting AZ in March. Can't wait!

Where are you from? & Where in NY are you now?

I have family in both AZ and NY.

I was born and raised in Bisbee (until I was 5), with relatives in Phoenix and Tucson.

I now live in Cassadaga NY (45 min. south of Buffalo and 45 min. north of Erie, PA), right down in the SW part of the state!

Karen said:
I was born and raised in Bisbee (until I was 5), with relatives in Phoenix and Tucson.

I now live in Cassadaga NY (45 min. south of Buffalo and 45 min. north of Erie, PA), right down in the SW part of the state!

Bisbee is soo pretty. My best friend is in Tucson. I was born and raised in Prescott.

All my NY family is in New Fane, Burt and Lockport. My Mom was born in Lockport. My kids and I visited last Spring Break and it was soo great to see everyone.

My Grandmother, who is from New Fane and moved here with her DH in the 60's, is answering her phone, "We won!" It just crackes me up!

Crystal Patton said:
I'm not really a sports person at all. But I am a native Arizona gal and WE ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!!

Our poor Cardinals have been picked on as a joke of a football team for as long as I can remember. If I heard about it, as a non-sports person, it must have been bad. Now we are going to the Super Bowl. It just blows me away.:eek:

Sorry, I'm a little excited and I just had to share.:D

Crystal, I'm not a footbal fan either, but I'm very happy for you guys! Very happy!! And I love that your QB is all for Jesus!

Go Cardinals! They deserve it. They haven't been taken too seriously this year, but I think that has changed.

This will be the first Super Bowl that I will actually WANT to watch!

who else is in it? My team got knocked out a couple weeks ago, so I'm not excited anymore!

Glad they won too - I want James to get a Super Bowl ring!! I hate that he doesn't play for the Colts anymore:(!

:) I remember when the Cardinals were the St. Louis Cardinals (not the baseball team). That was a long time ago & I remember watching them play in St. Louis at Busch Stadium as a kid.

Kitchen Diva said:
Crystal, I'm not a footbal fan either, but I'm very happy for you guys! Very happy!! And I love that your QB is all for Jesus!

I'm kinda old, the era of non-cell phones, so what is a QB and is it a good thing?

candiejayne said:
who else is in it? My team got knocked out a couple weeks ago, so I'm not excited anymore!

I'm sorry your team didn't pull through to the SB. I have no idea who they are playing against and even if I did I wouldn't know what that would mean for their chances.:D I'm THAT much of a non-sports person.

I love football and am a HUGE rams fan (no matter how the season goes, I am not a fair weathered fan). And I was very disappointed in Warner's performance while he was here (his attitude off the field was wonderful). I was hoping for the Eagles. Sorry :-(
But I am happy that your team made it.

Crystal Patton said:
I'm sorry your team didn't pull through to the SB. I have no idea who they are playing against and even if I did I wouldn't know what that would mean for their chances.:D I'm THAT much of a non-sports person.

LOL! too funny! I love football, but I haven't watched a single game this year... sad I know.

I just booked a show for Feb 1st - isn't that Super Bowl Sunday? Anyone know what time the game is? My show is scheduled for 3:00. Hopefully she and her friends are not-footballies :) like me

I think the game starts at 6 cst.

Maybe we'll do the Game Day theme and she'll be all ready for the game then!

sounds like a good plan!

I'm in California... kick off is usually 3:15pm...I think I'll start referring to our collapsible bowls as "super" bowls! Love that thing! Can't wait to get the other sizes!

We will be pulling for the Steelers. Anthony Madison that plays for them went to high school where my husband now coaches. He also helped to get my an autograph when he was playing at AL of my fav QB that was there then, Tyler Watts. It's VERY neat to have someone from our home area that we know playing in the SB!

Crystal Patton said:
I'm kinda old, the era of non-cell phones, so what is a QB and is it a good thing?

It stands for Quarterback... :)

All you people who are rooting for the other guys: I'm never speaking to you again! Hump! (insert a mental image of me sticking my nose WAY up in the air):rolleyes:

Wait ... I don't really speak to you now. Hmmm I guess that means things won't change, I can just keep typing like always. Cool.

Plus, I have no idea who the 'other guys' are. Are they good? Are we going to get creamed? Oh no, this could get embarrassing.

See, this is why I don't follow baseball;)

Crystal Patton said:
All you people who are rooting for the other guys: I'm never speaking to you again! Hump! (insert a mental image of me sticking my nose WAY up in the air):rolleyes:

Wait ... I don't really speak to you now. Hmmm I guess that means things won't change, I can just keep typing like always. Cool.

Plus, I have no idea who the 'other guys' are. Are they good? Are we going to get creamed? Oh no, this could get embarrassing.

Don't know if I should even say it, but they have the #1 defense in the NFL this year, however, they entered the playoffs ranked a number 6 so who the heck knows..........that's why they play the game.

Oh, GO STEELERS!:love:

Karen said:

im an az native too :D peoria, to be specific.
i had friends calling me from the game on sunday - although they were so loud i couldnt hear what they were saying.

ill be in az in march too! i am just counting down the days for some sunshine & warm weather! im always the one in shorts & tanks while everyone else is in jeans & tshirts.

I'm a HUGE football fan. We watch as many games as possible every weekend. I'm also a big Steelers fan...just got my new jersey in the mail today. My little brother went to school with Ben Roethlisberger too. We've gone to training camp for vacation for the last 6 years. Go Steelers!!! (But I'm glad Arizona made it. They deserve it.)

Crystal Patton said:

LOL!!! You totally cracked me up by saying baseball! Since the Steelers are the other guys, I'm gonna have to root against them. I like the steelers ok, but a friend of mine is a HUGE fan, and he totally dissed me this last year and doesn't want to be my friend anymore. So pooh on him! Go Cardinals!!!!!

I'm getting excited, and I think I NEED to plan a super bowl party. I've had one every year for the last million years! I just didn't get into football this year, and none of our friends are football fans, so I'm thinkin it might be a flop, but I'm thinking I still have to try!

I am for the Steelers. This reminds me that I need to get to work on my Superbowl sale flyer to get it out.

1. How did growing up in Arizona shape the author's journey to becoming a Super Bowl contender?

The author grew up in a small town in Arizona and was constantly underestimated due to his size and location. This led to a strong determination and drive to prove himself and overcome obstacles, ultimately shaping his journey to success in the NFL.

2. What challenges did the author face on his path to becoming a Super Bowl contender?

The author faced numerous challenges such as being overlooked in high school and college, multiple injuries, and being cut from multiple teams. However, he persevered and used these challenges as motivation to work even harder.

3. How did the author's family play a role in his journey?

The author's family was a constant source of support and encouragement throughout his journey. They attended every game, provided emotional support, and instilled strong values of hard work and determination in him.

4. What lessons can readers take away from the author's story?

Readers can learn the importance of perseverance, never giving up on your dreams, and using adversity as motivation to succeed. The author's story also highlights the value of a strong support system and the impact it can have on achieving goals.

5. How has the author's journey inspired others?

The author's journey has inspired many, especially those from smaller towns and underdog backgrounds, to never give up on their dreams and to work hard to achieve their goals. His story serves as a reminder that anything is possible with determination and hard work.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
nicki25
Replies
Views
Zombielicious