• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Have I been a victim of fraudulent charges on my account?

In summary, Debbie's bank placed money back into her account when she signed an affidavit that the charges were not hers. Her debit card was one of the millions that were hacked into, and now she has a new card. She recommends using cash for dining out and not using a debit card as a debit if it has a Visa logo and is used as a credit (no pin #).
Karen
Gold Member
Ugh....Today I tried charging $28.00 to my personal card and it did not go through. I got a nice message "Your financial institution is not authorizing this payment". Okay....I have overdraft protection so if for some reason I did screw something up in my figuring I would still be safe. So I called my mom(thankgoodness my mom works at my bank) in a state of panic to find that over $1400 worth of fraudulent charges were applied to my account yesterday! Some were as little as $1.42 some as large as $825.00 Over $1300 was charged in less than 1 minute!!! :eek:

Now I have to play the waiting game and wait for these to clear my account to see where they took place and then go back to the bank to formally dispute everything. Then play the game of payments that I did send out and my automatic payments coming out of my account (or not clearing) and go through that hassle.

I know that I will get through this and the Lord will see me through it. But all that I can say gggrrr.....:mad:

that does not sound like fun. hugs!

I have been there. My bank instantly placed the money back into my account when I signed an affidavit that the charges were not mine. Recently my DD debit card was one of the millions that were hacked into, and now she has a new card.

I have been there too and I have to say that I cancelled my card with Chase because of all the hoops I had to jump through to fix it. It took 4 months and numerous letters and calls and faxes to them to get it all resolved. But I had it happen once with another bank and a friend had it happen with yet a different bank and we both had the money put back immediately and all service charges, etc reversed. BEST of luck to you. I know it's frustrating but they will give you they money back.

I had it happen once. Luckily it wasn't for a large amount. They reimbursed me the moment I reported it and said it would only be charged to me if they got proof I did charge it.

Never happened.

I had my first case of fraud this winter.. my credit card Co asked if I had recently placed a $2000 purchase with some random unheard of company. :( Thank goodness for fraud alert!

Man that stinks! I am so sorry! :(

I know it will get replaced but just the hassle of it all is annoying. Hope you get through this quickly, and yes the Lord will get us through all trials in our lives!

Debbie :D

Oh man, was this a debit Visa? I'm always afraid to use mine at a restaurant because they say the people can swipe your card and steal the info. I always make my husband use the regular cc because I don't want my checking acount messed up!

We use cash as often as possible when we eat out and shop, and never use the debit card as a debit...if a debit card has a Visa logo and is used as a credit (no pin #) it is covered by Visa's zero liability policy.Although the paperwork to fix the situation is probably a bummer!!!

At our Dave Ramsey FPU Class the other night, a lady said that they were on vacation when they thought that the guy behind them was texting someone while he was really taking a picture of their credit card with his camera phone! Now that is scary!

Yuck! I hate to hear this.. #1 for your sanity.. #2 I have misplaced my debit & credit cards!!! I've watched carefully, & so far no weird charges.. I'm hoping it's misplaced in my house!!

This is why we disagree with DR on the whole "debit card is safe" idea. I'm sorry- in today's age, nothing is. We don't use our regular CC very much, we do use a debit card online and at gas stations- BUT it is a second checking account, so if it is compromised, they won't get my main account- only the budgeted amount in the 2nd account to cover the charges I was making. We use cash for dining out now.I thought that if there was fraud on an account- even a debit account, they had to treat it like a credit card does- you aren't charged the money (they replace the cash) unless it's proven to be your charges. I can't believe you'd have to wAIT for it to clear! Obviously they can see almost instantly where the charges came from. And what about charges for other checks you DID write? Will they cover those?Something similar happened to my MIL last week. She went to use her debit card and it was one that was compromised weeks earlier- but they weren't notified. The bank just cancelled the card last week- without sending replacements. They waited till she came in to then send out the new ones. And- the new ones- have a $100 transaction limit on them! Until they get "approved" and wait a 4 week period, then they can bump it up again. They switched banks.

1. What should I do if I notice fraudulent charges on my Pampered Chef account?

If you suspect fraudulent charges on your account, please contact our customer service team immediately at 1-800-342-2433. We take these matters very seriously and will work with you to investigate and resolve the issue.

2. Will I be responsible for paying the fraudulent charges on my account?

No, you will not be held responsible for any fraudulent charges on your account. We have a fraud protection policy in place to ensure that our customers are not held liable for any unauthorized purchases made on their account.

3. How long does it take to resolve fraudulent charges on my account?

The time it takes to resolve fraudulent charges on your account can vary depending on the complexity of the situation. Our customer service team will work diligently to resolve the issue as quickly as possible, and you will be notified of any updates or progress.

4. Can I still use my Pampered Chef account while the fraudulent charges are being resolved?

For your safety and security, we recommend that you do not use your account until the fraudulent charges have been resolved. However, if you need to make a purchase, please contact our customer service team to discuss alternative payment options.

5. How can I prevent fraudulent charges from happening on my Pampered Chef account?

To protect your account from fraudulent charges, we recommend regularly reviewing your account activity and promptly reporting any suspicious charges. You can also update your account password frequently and never share it with anyone. Additionally, be cautious of phishing scams and only make purchases on secure websites.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chef131doreen
Replies
Views
myinnerchef
  • GeorgiaPeach
  • General Chat
Replies