• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ready to Quit Pampered Chef? Find Out What to Do Next.

In summary, the speaker is feeling discouraged and ready to quit PC due to a lack of leads and shows. They mention having 3 potential shows for September, but are concerned about going inactive. They also mention losing money on a recent show and express frustration with PC's payment process. The person giving advice suggests trying catalog shows and ultimately advises the speaker to do what is best for themselves and their family.
northern_sunshine
I am seriously ready to quit PC. I'm extremely discouraged with it. I was hoping to be able to work it enough so I wouldn't have to get an outside job. But I have no leads, practically no shows and just can't seem to get my foot in the door. Everyone already has a show booked with my Director or just had a show with her. I've advertised and at my shows mention the host benefits time and again and all for nothing. I have 3 -probably- shows for Sept (but I'll probably have gone inactive by then) and nothing afterward. And I think I'm going to have to work full-time and won't want to take away from my family by doing PC as well.My last show was mid-July. They didn't take the money out until almost the second week of August!! And the night they did take it, the bank had put through a fee and it bounced the payment by $3.14 (I thought I had a buffer but because I had no commission one statement, they took the insurance charge from it plus the charge for the changeover paperwork). So the bank charged me $37.50 and now PC is charging me $20! It bugs me that they wait so darn long to take the payments out. If they'd taken it out within a week of submission, all would be well. And that party was a bad one and I've now lost money on it. And right now I just don't have the extra for the NSF fees (yes, we seriously don't have an extra $20 in our budget). I have enough stress right now over money without worrying about what random day in the future the money from my (currently non-existent) shows will be taken out.Yes, I'm sure it's mostly my fault.What do I do about the shows I have booked? I can't see doing them if I go inactive between now and then.

Last edited:
I'm sorry you are having so a tough time! But keep in mind, that even if you do go inactive, it only takes one show (or $200) to re-activate! Do your shows you have scheduled, you never know, one of those could be a $1000 show just waiting on YOU!!

Sorry you are so discouraged! PC doesn't work for everyone, but if it is something you really want to work (I thought I heard that in not wanting to have to get a FT job), you might try catalog shows before you give up. Many people don't feel like they have time/don't know enough people to have a cooking show, but many are willing to do cattys. These can work very well with people that you know that are not in your immediate area. Summer is a slow time :thumbdown: for most of us bc people are so busy. If you had shows in July, you won't be inactive until you have no sales in Aug or Sept.

Ultimately, you have to do what is best for you & your family:)

northern_sunshine said:
I am seriously ready to quit PC. I'm extremely discouraged with it. I was hoping to be able to work it enough so I wouldn't have to get an outside job. But I have no leads, practically no shows and just can't seem to get my foot in the door. Everyone already has a show booked with my Director or just had a show with her. I've advertised and at my shows mention the host benefits time and again and all for nothing. I have 3 -probably- shows for Sept (but I'll probably have gone inactive by then) and nothing afterward. And I think I'm going to have to work full-time and won't want to take away from my family by doing PC as well.

My last show was mid-July. They didn't take the money out until almost the second week of August!! And the night they did take it, the bank had put through a fee and it bounced the payment by $3.14 (I thought I had a buffer but because I had no commission one statement, they took the insurance charge from it plus the charge for the changeover paperwork).

So the bank charged me $37.50 and now PC is charging me $20! It bugs me that they wait so darn long to take the payments out. If they'd taken it out within a week of submission, all would be well. And that party was a bad one and I've now lost money on it. And right now I just don't have the extra for the NSF fees (yes, we seriously don't have an extra $20 in our budget). I have enough stress right now over money without worrying about what random day in the future the money from my (currently non-existent) shows will be taken out.

Yes, I'm sure it's mostly my fault.

What do I do about the shows I have booked? I can't see doing them if I go inactive between now and then.
I am sorry but I don't understand how you could not have money in the bank to cover it a week or two after it was supposed to be taken out. Don't you subtract out what you spend? I have had several guests who have had the same problem and I just don't get how that happens. Once I spend the money I subtract it and know there's that much less.

Please don't take offense - I just am confused by how this happens. :confused:

Did you have enough sales in July to be over $200? If so then you won't go inactive until the end of September. Get on the phone and confirm those catalog shows. I am having the same problem as you are about money. I am a SAHM and we barely have enough to make it to the next paycheck. I can't for the life of me get any cooking shows here since I have moved back in Feb. I talk to my director 1 day a week for support and I take advantage of every meeting I can get to. I have 3 hospitality directors and which ever works with my husband's work so he can be home while I go to meetings.

I do have two catalog shows going right now and both hosts haven't returned my phone calls, but what I did was be upbeat with my messages and here is what I said:
"Hi_________ This is Rebecca/ PC and I am confirming your cat. show for Aug. 6th. I have sent your hostess packet and will be contacting you to go through the details. My # is"
Hi _____________ This is Rebecca w/PC and today starts your cat. show. I am calling to go through the details of your show, so please do give a call back at #."
Hi ______________ This is Rebecca w/PC just reminding you that your cat. show closes next Monday and I will be giving you a call then to close your show. Please let me know if you have any questions about your show. My #"

I have done this with both hosts who were not calling back, but low and behold host #1 called yesterday to say her family is going through a tough time and she is doing the best she can and if we can touch base on tues. instead. I told her not a problem and we will pray for her family.

Wonderful! I got a call back because I persisted nicely. Please don't give up.

My calls have been 5 days apart for 3 weeks. I send the cat. packet 1 week before the show. I have already confirmed with the actual host 1 cat. show for Sept.

Good luck!

I had an unexpected bank charge on the account that I didn't expect (they did an EMT to another account without telling me, no they won't reverse the NSF charge) and because of that and my buffer being eaten up because I had no commissions, it put it over but barely. That account is only used for PC. I do not spend out of the account. There are no checks on the account even, the only transactions are ones for my PC debit card. I'm not eligible for overdraft protection on the account.

My issue is that my customers shouldn't have their stuff for nearly 2 weeks before the money is taken out. I'd prefer the money be removed within a week after submission. The longer it sits there, the more a chance something can go wrong.

Either way, I'm extremely discouraged and stressed about PC. I don't enjoy the shows, they are a struggle for me. No one seems interested in the shows as I'm doing them, in the products or anything. Perhaps it's me, perhaps it's the area, perhaps it's just the times (everything is more expensive, the economy sucks) and maybe it's a combination of many things.

BethCooks4U said:
I am sorry but I don't understand how you could not have money in the bank to cover it a week or two after it was supposed to be taken out. Don't you subtract out what you spend? I have had several guests who have had the same problem and I just don't get how that happens. Once I spend the money I subtract it and know there's that much less.

Please don't take offense - I just am confused by how this happens. :confused:

She didn't spend it; she wasn't counting the $6 paperwork charge & extra insurance charge and she was only overdrawn by $3.14. That is how it happened! I certainly understand how it could have happened because my PC account is separate from my other bank accounts and it often has just enough to cover my shows. When you are strapped for money, even the smallest of oversights can be costly & even more frustrating!! Just checked my PC account after this posting & there is only $10 in there. Better get to the bank in case I have any overlooked expenses:eek:

pamperedtara said:
She didn't spend it; she wasn't counting the $6 paperwork charge & extra insurance charge and she was only overdrawn by $3.14. That is how it happened! I certainly understand how it could have happened because my PC account is separate from my other bank accounts and it often has just enough to cover my shows. When you are strapped for money, even the smallest of oversights can be costly & even more frustrating!! Just checked my PC account after this posting & there is only $10 in there. Better get to the bank in case I have any overlooked expenses:eek:

Yes, we are very strapped for cash. As in, my husband doesn't make enough to pay our bills, my child tax benefit (Canadian) doesn't make up the difference. My parents have been helping us, and they are the only reason we still are solvent.

We go no where, do nothing, and barely have enough for our groceries. My big splurge this last month was buying myself a coconut cream pie at the bakery. The job market here is nil unless you drive truck or heavy equipment or the job doesn't pay well enough to justify a 1 hour daily round trip drive (gas) + daycare. :(

It sounds to me like you are ready to give up PC, which is totally OK. You gave it a try, it didn't work for you, so instead of causing yourself more undo stress, let it go.

As far as your shows that you have booked in the future, talk to your director about taking them over if she is in your area. If they are just catalog shows she can do them from anywhere. If not, call the host and let them know that PC is working out for you but you want to make sure that they are able to have their show. Let them know you will submit their info to the lead system and they will be hearing from another consultant soon.

Good Luck to you, I hope things turn around for your family soon.

Yes, don't get stressed, if it doesn't work out, it just doesn't. This is the 2nd time I have done PC and the first time was much like you are going through right now. It caused more stress than anything, and I had to let it go. But 2 years later circumstances changed, I changed and I decided to give it a try again, and I have a full calendar now. 9 shows for Sept! Sometimes, you just have to do what needs to be done, and if that means giving up something that stresses you so much, let it go! Be blessed!

Before you give up, consider if you really hate doing the shows or if you are frustrated by sales lower than what you would like. I think you must be good at getting bookings since you have 3 shows lined up for September. My advice would be don't quit without doing those shows! Fall sales are generally WAY higher than summer and most consultants would agree it's the best time of year to make money.

Then, coach your hosts to exhaustion. As long as you'll be putting effort and time into doing their show, it may as well be a $1000 show as a $300 one. Be sure they send all the invites and offer more if they need them, offer a small prize or discount to guests who bring a friend, and do the reminder calls enthusiastically.

After all this, if you still hate it, then quit but I have a feeling things will be looking better in September:)

Last edited:
susan g said:
Before you give up, consider if you really hate doing the shows or if you are frustrated by sales lower than what you would like. I think you must be good at getting bookings since you have 3 shows lined up for September. My advice would be don't quit without doing those shows! Fall sales are generally WAY higher than summer and most consultants would agree it's the best time of year to make money.

Then, coach your hosts to exhaustion. As long as you'll be putting effort and time into doing their show, it may as well be a $1000 show as a $300 one. Be sure they send all the invites and offer more if they need them, offer a small prize or discount to guests who bring a friend, and do the reminder calls enthusiastically.

After all this, if you still hate it, then quit but I have a feeling things will be looking better in September:)

This is the best advice I have seen yet on this thread!!

Related to Ready to Quit Pampered Chef? Find Out What to Do Next.

1. What are my options if I want to leave Pampered Chef?

If you are considering leaving Pampered Chef, you have a few options. You can either resign from your consultant position or place your business on hold. If you choose to resign, you can sell back your starter kit and any unused products. If you place your business on hold, you can reactivate it at a later time.

2. Will I still have access to my Pampered Chef website after I leave?

If you choose to resign from Pampered Chef, your website will be deactivated. However, you can still access it for up to three months after resignation to download any important documents or contacts.

3. Can I transfer my Pampered Chef business to someone else?

No, you cannot transfer your business to someone else. If you decide to leave Pampered Chef, the only option is to resign and sell back your starter kit and products.

4. Will I receive any support or training after I leave Pampered Chef?

Once you resign from Pampered Chef, you will no longer have access to training, support, or resources from the company. However, you can still connect with your former team members and continue learning from them.

5. What happens to my commission and bonuses if I leave Pampered Chef?

If you have any outstanding commission or bonuses, they will be paid to you according to the regular Pampered Chef pay schedule. However, you will not receive any future commission or bonuses after you leave the company.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
milkangel
  • ChefJoyJ
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
christinaspc
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies