• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Found Out How House Fire Started

In summary, there were an estimated 355,400 home structure fires in the United States in 2019, with the top three leading causes being cooking equipment, heating equipment, and electrical distribution and lighting equipment. Many house fires can be prevented by practicing fire safety measures. To determine the cause of a house fire, it is best to have a professional fire investigator conduct a thorough investigation. If a faulty product is suspected as the cause, the manufacturer should be contacted and legal options for seeking compensation should be explored.
Chef_2_Four
The family I have been talking about on here...they were told by the fire marshall or whoever that it was most likely started by the self starting coffee maker. you know the ones that you can set a time to make coffee. He said that almost all of the house fires he has seen has been started by the coffee maker. If you have one of these please be careful!! My husband wanted to get one a few years ago but I told him no, what if something happened. After hearing what the fire marshall said I am glad that I don't have one.

As for a place to live, the red cross gave them a hotel room for a couple of days, and a family member that was trying to sell a vacant house, has taken it off the market and is going to let them live there while they rebuild the house. The firemen also made them go to the ER b/c they were having problems breathing. The kitchen in right next to their room and they had to have oxygen. One reason they had a hard time hearing the neighbor knock is because they had breathed in so much smoke.

please remember them in your thoughts and prayers.

Thank you!

bumping this up to make sure everyone reads this! for caution!!

Thanks for the info April! We always unplug small appliances when we go out of town because of possible fire damage.

My prayers are with that family.

1. How common are house fires?

According to the National Fire Protection Association, there were an estimated 355,400 home structure fires in the United States in 2019.

2. What are the leading causes of house fires?

The top three leading causes of home fires are cooking equipment, heating equipment, and electrical distribution and lighting equipment.

3. Can a house fire be prevented?

Yes, many house fires can be prevented by practicing fire safety measures such as keeping flammable items away from heat sources, properly maintaining electrical equipment, and having working smoke alarms and fire extinguishers in the home.

4. How can I find out how a house fire started?

The best way to determine the cause of a house fire is to have a thorough investigation conducted by a professional fire investigator. They will examine the scene, collect evidence, and determine the most likely cause of the fire.

5. What should I do if I suspect a house fire was caused by a faulty product?

If you suspect that a faulty product was the cause of the house fire, you should contact the manufacturer and report the incident. You may also want to consult with a lawyer to explore your options for seeking compensation for damages.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
  • Chef_2_Four
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
MomToEli
  • pamperedpals
  • General Chat
Replies