• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Forgot to Submit Last Sept Show on Wed - $147 in Orders Missed

In summary, the host forgot to submit her show on Wednesday, and she tried to call her host but couldn't get through. She is going to have to pay out of pocket to get the cookware at 60% off, and she is upset because she feels like it is her own fault.
etteluap70PC
Gold Member
I forgot to submit my last sept show on wednesday! Arggggg The host was supposed to close out on the 10th (so this would not happen) she called evening of the 14th with all 147$ in orders (she had to add something to another order to reach 150$) she was supposed to call wed with one last order.

Which all boinls down to I forgot !!!! I tried to call ho and get them to override for me and no dice. Now I am going to have to pay out of pocket to get this PITA chick her cookware at 60% off!!!

:( I'm sorry Paulette! That stinks. But, there is a bright side... ;) You can add it as the host's order & get the discount, then make commission on the additional. So, hopefully, it isn't as bad as you think. What did she order?

Oooh, that's gonna hurt. I'm so sorry, Paulette.

etteluap70PC said:
I forgot to submit my last sept show on wednesday! Arggggg The host was supposed to close out on the 10th (so this would not happen) she called evening of the 14th with all 147$ in orders (she had to add something to another order to reach 150$) she was supposed to call wed with one last order.
Which all boinls down to I forgot !!!! I tried to call ho and get them to override for me and no dice. Now I am going to have to pay out of pocket to get this PITA chick her cookware at 60% off!!!

If she didn't call you - then why are you upset? Sounds to me like it was not your fault that she didn't call you.

That was my first thought, too. You shouldn't have to cover the special because she didn't remember to call you. If the cookware was important to her, she would have written herself a note or set up a reminder on her phone/computer.

Bummer :( :(

No it is my fault.... I said I would submit it if I did not hear from her.

Which is why it all boils down to I forgot!!!

I knew I would too that's why I wanted it closed on the 10th. I HATE leaving it till the last minute!

But she still wouldn't have qualified for the special anyways unless you heard from her, since the show was only at $147. Or am I misunderstanding?

Is there any way for you to get additional orders to get the show to $300 so you can get the cookware as the 1/2 price item??

What did she choose?

well.... I can do it 2 ways...
Add an order under another name to bump it to a 300$ show and get actual products to show for it (christmas gifts etc) Costs me 163$

Or

Just add the cookware to her order and get more comission costs me 109$ with nothing to show for it?

chefann said:
But she still wouldn't have qualified for the special anyways unless you heard from her, since the show was only at $147. Or am I misunderstanding?

she added a small item to a friends order to bump her to 0ver 150$

I'm not a tax expert, but can you write it off as a business expense?

Oh.... I just got an order for a carafe from a customer.... That will help!

janetupnorth said:
I'm not a tax expert, but can you write it off as a business expense?

If I just add it to her order and cover the rest as a Cons Gift I should be able to?

etteluap70PC said:
Oh.... I just got an order for a carafe from a customer.... That will help!

Yes, with that order, maybe you can do some Christmas/wedding shopping, etc., you might be able to make this a big enough show to get it 1/2 off for her.

etteluap70PC said:
If I just add it to her order and cover the rest as a Cons Gift I should be able to?

I'm pretty sure there is a dollar amount limit for Consultant Gift per show. Somehow I want to say it is $25. That is sticking in my mind, but I can't remember where I got the info from.

ChefBeckyD said:
I'm pretty sure there is a dollar amount limit for Consultant Gift per show. Somehow I want to say it is $25. That is sticking in my mind, but I can't remember where I got the info from.

per show or per person?

ChefBeckyD said:
I think it's per show.

Yikes, I didn't know that. Occasionally I have a customer appreciation party and give everyone a 10% discount. I better look into that one.

pamperedlinda said:
Yikes, I didn't know that. Occasionally I have a customer appreciation party and give everyone a 10% discount. I better look into that one.

I'm trying to figure out where I read that. I KNOW I read it somewhere!:confused:

ChefBeckyD said:
I'm trying to figure out where I read that. I KNOW I read it somewhere!:confused:

You read and heard it here, but I've never noticed a limit. Of course I haven't given away THAT much! ;)

ChefBeckyD said:

I would not see why this would be true. . .do you mean as a tax write-off or something to do with Pampered Chef?

As far as Pampered Partner/P3 is concerned, I view the "consultant gift" label as just another choice for "who" paid for something. It's coming out of the Consultant's account (Debit Card) or their credit card. As long as the money is available, I don't see why it would matter.

I was late once to a show because of a traffic accident. I gave everyone a free spice as a Thank you for waiting gift - waaayy over $25 and no problems....

There's a limit on gifts (per person, per year) for taxes. Perhaps that's what you're thinking of, Becky.

chefann said:
There's a limit on gifts (per person, per year) for taxes. Perhaps that's what you're thinking of, Becky.

Maybe that's what I'm thinking of. I don't know.....I'm going to check into it further...because I honestly don't think this is where I read it - it was some place more official - but it may have been while I was doing my taxes.

amy07 said:
I was late once to a show because of a traffic accident. I gave everyone a free spice as a Thank you for waiting gift - waaayy over $25 and no problems....

How nice of you!

chefann said:

In this case it's a business expense and you can deduct it.

As far as which way to go with this show:

I would do the math carefully.

Buy the gifts to bring the show up to $300. Those items generate commission so subtract that from your cost for those then add the 1/2 price amount of the cookware. Also remember that now you have those gifts too.

If you leave it under $300 you will get commission on the cookware so what is your cost? Full price minus host discount minus commission. And it counts for lifetime sales.

Last edited:
Oops, I thought it was per person of $25!??! :O

Paulette ~ I would be willing to help you out (place an order, direct ship to me under a host's name to get the 10% discount) ~ if you're in NEED of more sales to reach the $300 mark! It wouldn't be an enormous order, but if it would help you out...I'm willing to do it! I wouldn't doubt others here would chip in too..."We are Family!"

I miss our chatting ole' days!

Paulette ~ I would be willing to help you out (place an order, direct ship to me under a host's name to get the 10% discount) ~ if you're in NEED of more sales to reach the $300 mark! It wouldn't be an enormous order, but if it would help you out...I'm willing to do it! I wouldn't doubt others here would chip in too..."We are Family!"

Kitchen2u said:

My gosh Ginny THANK you!

I did get it worked out so I am doing some shopping for teacher gifts and donations to a silent auction. It will work out that I am still getting a pretty good deal after comission back. Also the customer order for the Carafe helped imensely! Just took being a bit creative.

I hope I never make this mistake again!!!!

I miss those chats too. You have always been so good to me!

etteluap70PC said:
My gosh Ginny THANK you!
You have always been so good to me!

What goes around...comes around!

Gosh I'm so sorry this happend to you! I could see the same thing happening to me!! I'm so forgetful and the month just goes so fast! I like the deadline, but then I don't when they can't make an exception for a mistake!

Glad you got it all figured out Paulette! What a pain in the rear end though!

1. What happens if I forget to submit an order as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Unfortunately, if an order is not submitted by the deadline, it cannot be processed and the consultant will not receive credit for the sale. This means that the consultant will need to cover the cost of the products at a discounted rate.

2. Is there a way to override the missed submission and still receive credit for the sale?

In most cases, Pampered Chef does not allow for overrides on missed submissions. This is to ensure fairness for all consultants and maintain the company's policies.

3. Can I still place the order and receive the discount for the host?

If the order was supposed to be added to a specific party, it is possible for the consultant to still place the order and receive the host discount. However, this would need to be approved by the host and the consultant would still be responsible for covering the cost of the products.

4. What should I do if I realize I forgot to submit an order?

If you realize that you forgot to submit an order, it is best to contact Pampered Chef's customer service as soon as possible. They may be able to offer some assistance or advice on how to handle the situation.

5. How can I avoid forgetting to submit orders in the future?

To avoid this issue in the future, it is important to stay organized and keep track of all orders and deadlines. You may also want to set reminders or create a system to help you remember important tasks, such as submitting orders on time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
nikkijo
Replies
Views
kitty
  • vanscootin
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jennie4PC