• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Applying the 3-2-1 Plan to Your Spiritual Life

In summary, the conversation revolved around the idea of applying the 3-2-1 Plan for Success with PC to one's spiritual life. The participants discussed the importance of balancing financial and eternal security, and the challenges of talking to others about God. They also shared personal experiences and struggles with prioritizing God in their lives. Finally, they brainstormed ways to apply the 3-2-1 Plan to their spiritual lives, such as praying for others and actively seeking out opportunities to share God's love.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
I had a thought hit me today on the way to get my kids after work...

We have the 3-2-1 Plan for Success with PC...why aren't I doing the same thing with my Christian life?

PC provides some financial security and my personal relationship with Jesus Christ provides me eternal security...do I put as much emphasis on what provides me with eternal security as I do with my finances? Why is it sometimes easier to sell PC than talk to others about God?

How would you apply the 3-2-1 Plan to your spiritual life?

Whether it be in reading your Bible "x" times a day/week/month, praying for things, making contacts with those in need, witnessing, whatever.....

...curious to hear how you would apply it in your life...and challenging you to (which will challenge me too!)

Great post.. .hmmm... I'll be thinking on this. God so clearly led me into PC that I find myself talking about him all the time... at my shows it's part of my story... although telling my story and recruiting is sometimes the hardest part for me but I feel Him leading me to tell it anyway and I need to stop resisting.. now... sorry... I'll think about applying 3-2-1 ... and I'll ask my husband.. .he's on a new team at church for revitalization... they may be able to use it too!

...I just thought it was a good concept and a great fit - PC has such a good background as a company and I too try to use my personal life/goals/ministry with my PC...

...look forward to what you guys think too quiverfull7...

janetupnorth said:
I had a thought hit me today on the way to get my kids after work...

We have the 3-2-1 Plan for Success with PC...why aren't I doing the same thing with my Christian life?

PC provides some financial security and my personal relationship with Jesus Christ provides me eternal security...do I put as much emphasis on what provides me with eternal security as I do with my finances? Why is it sometimes easier to sell PC than talk to others about God?

How would you apply the 3-2-1 Plan to your spiritual life?

Whether it be in reading your Bible "x" times a day/week/month, praying for things, making contacts with those in need, witnessing, whatever.....

...curious to hear how you would apply it in your life...and challenging you to (which will challenge me too!)

It is so funny that you should bring this up now. I have been struggling with this in my own spiritual life for the last year or so now. At about the time I really started focusing on promoting to Director. Things in my life didn't stay the same. It kinda shifted and I've placed PC in my "God" spot. I am working and praying now to return things to their proper order.

I find that I am very able to share PC with anyone, but shy away from bringing up God in random conversations. Yes, feel free to challenge me! I have backslid quite a bit!

Chef Kearns said:
I find that I am very able to share PC with anyone, but shy away from bringing up God in random conversations. Yes, feel free to challenge me! I have backslid quite a bit!

I'm glad I shared then - maybe it wasn't meant to just "hit me upside the head". :)

I work full-time but my husband is in full-time ministry as a missionary at a camp so often I get stressed and focused on having to make the money to pay the bills to keep him there and don't have the drive or focus on ministry...or go through season's of life where I get a little burned out and need a rest.

Maybe you can start by finding 3 people at each of your shows to pray about 2 times a week and check back in with them a month later...maybe an "out of the box" call and see how their life is.

If you talk to people at checkout, you find out all kinds of stuff...they have a spouse, kids, whatever that can ALWAYS use prayer. If you keep eyes and ears open at shows, people tell each other about a lot of things. Maybe if they tell you, you can say...I believe strongly in prayer, can I be in prayer for your _______.

Last edited:
Where do I find info on the 3-2-1 idea you are mentioning? I am new to PC and would like to know more. I am definitely working on putting God as the priority in my life. He's really been blessing me and my family.

Cristy

"Lord you are good and your mercies endureth forever"

The 3-2-1 plan for success in PC is:
Make 3 contacts a day
Hold 2 cooking shows a week and
Recruit 1 consultant a month.

You'll be on your way to growing your business.

Janet...what an awesome concept. My ministry is music and teaching children. I teach pre-teen Sunday school and children's church. I also sing "specials" at church. My husband just recently accepted the call to preach...I knew that was coming long before he did. But, for the last year or so I have found myself so caught up in my job and business and my kids activities that I have neglected my spiritual side. Yes, I go to church 3 services each week and still teach my classes and sing, but I had quit spending time in prayer and working on music during the week. You know...get up in the morning, say a quick prayer, head out the door, come home in the evening, say a quick prayer and go to bed. You know where I found myself? Exhausted. I didn't want to get out of bed in the morning. I have started praying with my children in the morning before they go to school. I talk to them a lot about what God expects from us. And, I find myself singing most of the day. For years I have wanted to be a part of a praise and worship group. This week my church started one. We led praise and worship in 2 services this week and it was awesome. I thank you for the challenge. This is what I want to work on...

Prayer without ceasing. We realy need to pray continually...not out loud, but there are many times in the day I find myself talking to Jesus.

3 - Witness to at least 3 people each day
2 - work on 2 worship songs each week
1 - spend an extra 1 hour each week in prayer and studying for my Sunday School and Children's Church activities.

My the Lord bless you tremendously.

Shawnna

I love this thread!I actually use my PC business as a ministry. Everyone who does a show for me knows I am a christian, or will know after we are done with the show.
I admit that may turn some people off but at least I am not accountable for their souls when I stand before God.
I put a bible tract in every bag I deliver to guests at shows. If I can't get a chance to put them in a bag, I mail them out a thank you letter and slip one inside.
I also get many open doors at shows with people who just start unloading their problems on me and I am genuine when I tell them I will pray for them. I encourage them to get right with God, to repent of their sins, and to find a good church to hear God's truth being preached.

I have had wonderful conversations with other ladies at my shows. God really opens up the door to some great talks about Jesus and where they are at with God. If they are lost, what they need to do to get saved and I get to share my testimony time and time again. I tell them how I used to be a catholic and that always gets them interested! I read my bible daily and spend time in prayer to be ready to answer any person that asks of the hope I have in me.

Debbie :D

DebbieSAChef said:
I actually use my PC business as a ministry. Everyone who does a show for me knows I am a christian, or will know after we are done with the show.
I admit that may turn some people off but at least I am not accountable for their souls when I stand before God.
I put a bible tract in every bag I deliver to guests at shows. If I can't get a chance to put them in a bag, I mail them out a thank you letter and slip one inside.
I also get many open doors at shows with people who just start unloading their problems on me and I am genuine when I tell them I will pray for them. I encourage them to get right with God, to repent of their sins, and to find a good church to hear God's truth being preached.

I have had wonderful conversations with other ladies at my shows. God really opens up the door to some great talks about Jesus and where they are at with God. If they are lost, what they need to do to get saved and I get to share my testimony time and time again. I tell them how I used to be a catholic and that always gets them interested! I read my bible daily and spend time in prayer to be ready to answer any person that asks of the hope I have in me.

Debbie if you don't mind me asking what are you now? I am catholic and struggling. A lot has been going on especially within the Boston Archdioscese (sp?) I feel like there are a bunch of holes. Do you know what I mean?

Awesome thread! Thanks!! It gives us great food for thought and balance in our lives.

Shawnna said:
I thank you for the challenge. This is what I want to work on...

Prayer without ceasing. We realy need to pray continually...not out loud, but there are many times in the day I find myself talking to Jesus.

3 - Witness to at least 3 people each day
2 - work on 2 worship songs each week
1 - spend an extra 1 hour each week in prayer and studying for my Sunday School and Children's Church activities.

My the Lord bless you tremendously.

Shawnna

Awesome goals! I love music (play numerous instruments) but with all my other activities, they're on the back-burner now. Hopefully when it warms up around here I can get them all back out and start teaching the kids if they are interested! :)

As for pray without ceasing...that is why I carry a parallel Bible and like my old King James Version many times. The NIV says "pray continuously". King James says "Pray without ceasing". I think without ceasing (NEVER stop) is such a good, strong way of putting it. I have to admit I need to work on that too...bringing the little things before him and all the good things, not just the "I wants, I needs, and HELP me!"

It's so nice to share PC and Christianity!!Thanks for this thread! Love it!

Debbie- My DH used to be catholic too...half of my family is, and his whole family is. It is quite a transition isn't it? I've never agreed with Catholocism (sp?) because it is so ritualistic. God wants a relationship, not the same prayers every time you eat and go to bed, and not anyone used as a 'go between' to get to Him! (Ok, I could so steal this thread...but moving on...)

You know though, we meet so many people of all different walks of life. I've seen people who struggle to make ends meet, and those who just love to have a party in order to get some free stuff! The one thing that never crossed my mind was the idea to incorporate my beliefs into my business! Just like the above poster, I've back-slid a lot in my faith recently too. I didn't even to go church for the past 8 weeks until last Sunday! Wow, what a difference 2 months from God makes! Let's just say, I'm glad to be back 'Home'!

Thanks for sharing the concept of the two! You've definitely made me consider a change....I just need to get bolder in order to take action!

P.S. I just rememberd how God has worked in my shows....my last host and I sat for an hour after the close of the show and just talked about Jesus and how amazed we are at how He works in our lives!

What an awesome thread!!! Thanks for starting it. I know what a huge difference God has made in my life and my business. He continues to provide for us, and I give all of the praise to him at every show!! I now need to figure out how to do the 3-2-1 in my spiritual life!!

I am continually amazed at how God has used PC to touch me.

I have a wonderful Christian Director and some other consultants in our cluster that are Christains as well. He has allowed me to meet many Christians as hosts and guests.

On the other hand, he has used my PC business to touch those who DON'T know him! I pray that my actions and words reflect what is in my heart for him.

I will have to pray about the 3-2-1 thing...not sure what would be good to implement right now. I am sure that he will show me, though!

On a side note, since the Step Up to Director training that I attended at Darla Oelmann's in February, I have really struggled. I made the decision then to become a Director....and MORE with PC. I want to be able to touch lives the way Darla is able to do with her position. Now that I felt led to move in that direction, Satan has really come against me. I am having a difficult time realizing that *I* am worth this! That *I* can do this! That *I* can make a difference in other's lives! (I know that these things aren't going to come from me, but from God, but I am still not sure that I am the best person for the job, KWIM?) But, I have continued to pray about it and he has spoke to me about this through soooooo many people! I am certain this is his plan for me, and now I need him to kick me in the butt and get me going! If you all could keep me in your prayers, I would be so honored. I really need extra strength and self-assurance through this!

Thank you for starting this thread!!

What an awesome post. And what awesome timing. I know my relationship with the Father has grown more distant than I want recently. I'm not spending time in worship of him daily like I used to. I do always pray before I do a show and I thank Him for my success. And I always mention that PC is a Christian-based business and that is important to me.

I'm really going through some things in my personal life right now. Things that could be the devil trying to get at me or things that God may be trying to show me and release me from. I'm just not sure yet so I cannot move. I have questions right now and I don't know who to turn to for answers (well, verbal face to face answer/opinions). I try to "let it go" but when the same kinds of things keep happening and happening and it's not only affecting me but also my son, when must we use knowledge and do what we must instead of "letting it go"? At this point, I feel like I'm accepting some things in my life that I absolutely do not agree with and "letting it go" has become ignoring what I know is right.

I hope this makes some sense. And I know I ventured off topic some. But I was just sitting here thinking and talking to God when I saw this post. Hmmm, kinda like I was supposed to, huh? I know I need to spend more time with him daily. I need to put myself aside for Him for at least a little while daily. Thank you Janet, for allowing God to work through you!!!

http://www.seriousfaith.com/dvo/devotion.asp?teachingnumber=541

This is the fifth in a series of five devotionals on leadership. These have been in my email every day this week. God IS telling me to be a leader...this is just one is a looooong line of events he has used to speak to me!

Hope these can help someone else on here!

So awesome to hear the stories so far...I have to come back to this thread after work tonight and make a "PC Consultant Prayer List" for myself...so I can be faithful to pray for all the requests you guys are bringing up...

I think I'll take that on as my ministry for a little while... ;)

This is a great thread! I've been reading through - I'll post my answer when I have more time to think - right now, I'm dropping my DS off at Grandma's house so I can clean and get ready for my Open House tomorrow!:D

Here's my testimony
chefkristin said:
Debbie if you don't mind me asking what are you now? I am catholic and struggling. A lot has been going on especially within the Boston Archdioscese (sp?) I feel like there are a bunch of holes. Do you know what I mean?

Well I am glad you asked. I was a catholic once and now I am born again. The bible tells us that unless we are born again we will not enter the kingdom of God.
You see I was trying to work for my salvation. I tried to do the seven sacraments, prayed to dead saints, and was pretty much still in my sin but didn't know how to get better.
I finally met a Christian man who told me the need for a personal relationship with Christ. That I was dead in my sins and that works were not going to save me. I couldn't save myself. That I needed to trust in what Jesus did for me on that cross 2,000 years ago and that I needed to repent of my sins against a holy God.
I did repent and realized that I needed to be born again in the spirit. I needed to be made alive by the one true God who brings the dead to life. I now experience a wonderful relationship with my God and worship him not only on Sunday but every day of my life in my words and deeds.
I am not bashing catholics, and I don't intend to offend anyone. I just want to share my testimony and tell you what the bible says.

hmolah said:
Thanks for this thread! Love it!
Debbie- My DH used to be catholic too...half of my family is, and his whole family is. It is quite a transition isn't it? I've never agreed with Catholocism (sp?) because it is so ritualistic. God wants a relationship, not the same prayers every time you eat and go to bed, and not anyone used as a 'go between' to get to Him! (Ok, I could so steal this thread...but moving on...)

My whole family is catholic too. It's sad but they are stuck in that tradition. "Well my grandmother was catholic, and my mother was catholic so I am catholic." Except most of my family never even go to church, except on Ash wednesday, baby baptisms, weddings, easter and Christmas.
Right now my grandmother is giving up tortillas for lent. She also is having an affair!! :confused:
I remember my uncles giving up beer and then getting wasted on Easter!
It's sad but they never read their bibles, and the god of this world (satan) has them blinded into believing they are ok because the priest tells them to pray a couple of hail Mary's or our Father's and take the communion to be ok.
:rolleyes:

Thanks for starting this thread. It has really made me think. Here's my version of the Christian 3-2-1:

3 - Help 3 people in some way. If I am "Jesus with skin on," then I need to go out of my way to ask someone if they need help finding something in the store, ask the single mom next door if I can pick up some milk for her while it's on sale, ask the elderly couple down the street over to dinner (or take it to them), etc.

2 - Concentrate on cultivating two of the fruits of the spirit--love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, long-suffering, faithfulness, kindness, and self control. I figure that consciously expressing two of these each week will make me a more attractive person to those around me in every way.

1 - Seek God first every day. Every day.

I know that the lord has led me to PC and gave me opportunites through my business that have blessed me. I truly see the 3-2-1 as a spritual tool....

I put him first in my life everyday, and he blesses me and my family greatly!!

Its so nice....

This is a good thread. Very interesting to hear about other religions. I have attended the Church of Christ my whole life, so I don't know a lot about other religions. It's funny because me and one of the other girls on here were just talking about different religions on the phone this morning.

The Church of Christ is non-denominational. We don't have any type of fancy rituals or anything. We go strictly by the bible. No music, no fancy buildings, no priests, no people getting healed or rolling around on the floor speaking in tongues. We sing (again, no music), we do a lot of praying (on Sunday evenings there is a prayer group that meets 45 minutes before services start. We pray for God to help the Church to grow and for more people to be saved, we pray for sick or just for anyone that asks to be prayed for). We baptize by fully submersing in water. We don't baptize babies, children are usually at least in their pre-teens, but really when they feel ready. We switched about a year ago from the Church I grew up going to, to a larger Church of Christ. It has tons of kids, and our kids are very happy there. On Sundays our preacher does a sermon and then on Sunday nights we actually have bible classes. We are always trying something new. We just started a new thing where the adults are divided up by age. We used to just pick what class we wanted to go to, but now we are split up into about 5 different age groups. We will stay with our groups for one year. Each group is studying the same thing (the book of John), it is just away for everyone to get to know everyone in their age group. We will be doing service projects together (helping those in need) and sometimes just hanging out and having a picnic together with the kids. Our Church is always getting new members, and this is a great way for them to feel comfortable and welcome in a large Church (well, it has about 300 members. I know that is small compared to some Churches).

We also have bible classes on Wednesday nights. The kids are always split into age groups and sometimes they offer classes just for boys or girls. The adults can also choose classes. There is usually a womens or mens class and two other classes. This time they offered a couples only class. You have to have kids also to attend it. It is all about managing your time with a hectic schedule and still making sure to fit God in. You know what? The first class was this Wednesday night and we missed it :( It is a class I need to attend for sure.

raebates said:
Thanks for starting this thread. It has really made me think. Here's my version of the Christian 3-2-1:

3 - Help 3 people in some way. If I am "Jesus with skin on," then I need to go out of my way to ask someone if they need help finding something in the store, ask the single mom next door if I can pick up some milk for her while it's on sale, ask the elderly couple down the street over to dinner (or take it to them), etc.

2 - Concentrate on cultivating two of the fruits of the spirit--love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, long-suffering, faithfulness, kindness, and self control. I figure that consciously expressing two of these each week will make me a more attractive person to those around me in every way.

1 - Seek God first every day. Every day.

Rae--I love your interpretation!! Wonderful! I hope we will be able to continually encourage each other through this.

At Leadership conference my upline had us watch this video called, "The Secret". It was featured recently on Oprah. I found it to be way off base. The message wasn't a new one to me, but the center-focus was. As Christians we have all heard to give thanks daily for everything. This "Secret" thing says to thank the universe. We have heard to ask the Lord and have faith (if you believe you will receive everything you ask in prayer). In the "Secret" you are to tell the universe what you want and live like it has/will happen. Does anyone else have any problems with this?

We had some non-Christians in the room with us when we watched it. They were totally sold! I mean they ate it up. My spirit was sooo saddened by that. They had never heard the TRUTH! A few of those people I had been rooming with for 2 years at other conferences. Had I previously shared my faith with them? No. And for that I feel horrible. I realized then that I needed to change my ways. I did not have a plan or know how to start, but I LOVE your interpreted version of the 3-2-1 Rae. I know I can start there!

I don't have anything much to add to this, but love reading your posts and that there are other overt Christians out there. I don't speak of God at my shows, but I don't have the most set show...very spontaneous, which works for me. I'm not shy about talking about God, which I pray about a lot b/c I'm naturally shy. However, since people sometimes comes to me knowing I'm Christian (and I haven't mentioned it), I'm glad to know that it shows. I pray about everything and while I haven't been as involved in the bible lately as I would like to be, I AM going to change that. My biggest blessing lately? Hearing my 3 yr old daughter say "In Jesus Name...Aaammeenn". It's especially cute at the end of a story instead of "The end".Thank you for the 3-2-1 usage.

Thank you!! Regarding "The Secret", which I have heard about but haven't watched...I felt the SAME WAY. Yes, we each have to take responsibility and yes, if we are negative and whatever, most likely good stuff doesn't happen. However, if they are right, then I should picture myself in a perfect and huge home with lots of money (rolling in as an upper director?) and it will happen. I choose to pray. We can't skip over God. For true joy, I need Him and nothing else.

How sad
Chef Kearns said:
Rae--I love your interpretation!! Wonderful! I hope we will be able to continually encourage each other through this.

At Leadership conference my upline had us watch this video called, "The Secret". It was featured recently on Oprah. I found it to be way off base. The message wasn't a new one to me, but the center-focus was. As Christians we have all heard to give thanks daily for everything. This "Secret" thing says to thank the universe. We have heard to ask the Lord and have faith (if you believe you will receive everything you ask in prayer). In the "Secret" you are to tell the universe what you want and live like it has/will happen. Does anyone else have any problems with this?

We had some non-Christians in the room with us when we watched it. They were totally sold! I mean they ate it up. My spirit was sooo saddened by that. They had never heard the TRUTH! A few of those people I had been rooming with for 2 years at other conferences. Had I previously shared my faith with them? No. And for that I feel horrible. I realized then that I needed to change my ways. I did not have a plan or know how to start, but I LOVE your interpreted version of the 3-2-1 Rae. I know I can start there!

Unfortunately some in the world are grasping for a deeper meaning to life or some sort of spiritual experience to ease their conscience and to make them feel "ok". The god of this world (satan) is ready to feed people anything but JESUS.
If he can take their focus away from worshipping and serving JESUS, he has done his job.
And he can do this so easily these days with so many false relgiions, people worshipping rats, elephants, themselves, the earth, or the universe.

Sandra it is good to feel horrible about not sharing your faith with lost souls because you see the need to do so. It's sad when "christians" don't feel the need to do this and instead keep their faith a secret. You still have a chance to tell your friends through a special truth filled letter, or a phone call what is the most important thing to you. Even by praying for your food in front of them and letting them see what you stand for. I have had many open doors just by praying for my food when I am out.
Pray and ask the Lord to help you, not necessarily start a plan, but to change your ways to ways that will please him. Go for it!!!

Jules711 said:
I don't have anything much to add to this, but love reading your posts and that there are other overt Christians out there. I don't speak of God at my shows, but I don't have the most set show...very spontaneous, which works for me. I'm not shy about talking about God, which I pray about a lot b/c I'm naturally shy. However, since people sometimes comes to me knowing I'm Christian (and I haven't mentioned it), I'm glad to know that it shows. I pray about everything and while I haven't been as involved in the bible lately as I would like to be, I AM going to change that. My biggest blessing lately? Hearing my 3 yr old daughter say "In Jesus Name...Aaammeenn". It's especially cute at the end of a story instead of "The end".

Thank you for the 3-2-1 usage.

You're welcome...and apply where God feels led for you to apply. I'm not a "preacher" by nature, not an evangelist type person...God has always used me as a "silent example". But I started thinking maybe there are times he has more for me and maybe I miss glaring opportunities because I "think" that's not my role because it never has been. I need to be open to what He leads me to do...

We are all different style consultants, just as we are all different style Christians...we all belong to different types of churches with some slightly different beliefs, but we have a common God that gave His son to save us. For that we need to be thankful and share that bond rather than use our differences to divide us. God made the body to work together.

I grew up in a Baptist church (right but not extreme) but go to a non-demoninational one now and my brother and family go to a Church of Christ and are very involved...similar to Jennifer's story. Regardless of where you were and where you are now, we all have struggles in our faith and things that pull us down and bring us away. I hate to think of all the time I've lost, will continue to lose at times, etc., because I'm not where I personally need to be. We will all struggle and continue to so if I can find something (like 3-2-1) to help remind me of what my focus should be - it'll be great!

I can tell you that my faith has never faltered and I gave my heart over at a very young age b/c I know he got me through some rough things with little emotional scarring. I grew up in a God-filled (though not always followed b/c we are human) house. My latest testimonial is regarding the fact that I've recently lost 25 pounds very easily. Why? B/c I finally gave over all to God (meaning love of sweets, esp chocolate). I've prayed and asked for help and guidance for a long time but always said...just don't take away my chocolate. He doesn't work like that. One day, I said...take it...take it all. I still enjoy chocolate but am picky and really have no desire for general sweets. All HIM b/c I was a sweets addict! Thank you, Lord!!One of my closest friends, however, is not really Christian. I'm not sure if she thinks she is since she grew up going to church. I told her that I truly thank God for this and she remarked that sometimes urges leave us just b/c we decide to let them go. I told her that it doesn't work that way in the long run. I can decide to change and it'll work for awhile, but not for long. She lives in an area that just is against Christianity though and for everything else. I continue to talk about God and how He works in my life. There isn't much else I can do there. Talk and pray.

I dont' speak of god or Christ at my shows... but everyone who knows me knows that I am a devout Christian....When we are blessed we are truly blessed...... Not only have I been blessed with my business.. but I have blessed with a wonderful family. It is truly powerful for those of us who are religious that we can really thank the lord for the things that he has blessed us with meaning our business and families ect.....

Wow!! I just love hearing all these stories. I used to get up bright and early every morning and read my bible and pray before the kids arrived that I babysit for. Well, I let worldly things take control, and have taken on more things than I can handle. I started going to bed later and later and waking up in just enough time to shower before they showed up. I miss it and need to start doing it again. Anyone else want to join me in a 6 a.m. devotional?

Want? Can? I want to be a morning person...I would love to get up on my own to read the bible and such. Problem? I won't be alone for long ;-)

Jules711 said:
Want? Can? I want to be a morning person...I would love to get up on my own to read the bible and such. Problem? I won't be alone for long ;-)

Do the little ones wake up early?

I don't wake naturally early in the morning. I really wish I did. So if I set an alarm (which would do it for me) my DH would get up too. Yes, if my DD heard me, she'd be up. She thinks daylight means time to get up. We are thrilled if she sleeps until 7am.

Nap time?
Jules711 said:
I don't wake naturally early in the morning. I really wish I did. So if I set an alarm (which would do it for me) my DH would get up too. Yes, if my DD heard me, she'd be up. She thinks daylight means time to get up. We are thrilled if she sleeps until 7am.

Do your kids nap around the same time? I have two older children ages 9 and 10 so getting my quiet time is usually easy. I just turn on Barney for the little ones and encourage the older ones to sit with them and read or do crafts.
I know nap times are great for me to have my quiet time and to make my phone calls for PC.

My Husband and I get up every morning, we read scripture together and say our prayers together, then when we get our little one up for School ( she is in kindergarten) we say family prayers. When I take my little girl to school in the mornings, I play church hymns in the car, I have noticed that since I started doing this. Not only by the time I get her to school she is calm and relaxed and ready for the day. But by the time I get to work, I am truly on a spritual high. It makes my day so mugh brighter when I do that in the mornings. We are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints AKA Mormon Church. So we are encourgaged to read our scriptures and pray daily not only by ourselves but as families as well. When we get home a night, after dinner is said and done, we spend some time watching TV, but before we put our little girl to bed, we read scriputre's together and say family prayers. Its really nice...... and pleasent for me....

Thanks for the tread. I've been wondering how I can glorify God through my business and I think this challenge is just what I needed. I need more time and prayer to think of what I want my spritiual 3-2-1 to be, but it is nice to speak with other consultants about Jesus and God and not feel like I am offending people out there. I too am trying to incorporate sharing my faith into my shows, so I appreciate the advice some of you have given, esp. about the tracts. I think I may do that.

What a joy to read all your posts. I've been blessed to be Catholic all my life,
and to have had an experience in 1978, which some of you have referred to as being "Born Again". Perhaps a surprise for you, it was within the Catholic church and known as the Charismatic Renewal. From it grew Prayer Groups that continue to this day. During that same time two other groups were happening to meet the needs of those of us who wanted more than rituals. It involved strengthening marriages with a weekend away called Marriage Encounter. For those who had lost a spouse, it is Beginning Experience. Another program was Cursillo which was a four day retreat for the purpose of experiencing a Short Course in Christian Living. It was a community experience and led to many of us having the confidence to share our faith with others in our every day roles. I've had the awesome experience of participating in all of those programs. It has made a world of difference for me. It has enlivened my experience of being Catholic. My relationship with Jesus is number one, and everything else has fallen into place since I made that decision. I met my husband in a Prayer Group and we were married 25 years ago. We are both very active in our Church community. I've been involved over the years in several ministries: Divorced, Separated, Widowed; Prison Ministry; Hospice Ministry; Youth Retreat Ministry; Music Ministry and Funeral Hospitality; Home Visitation and Elder Companioning. It goes on and on. Where there is a need, the Lord puts it on my heart to extend a helping hand. We both served on Habitat for Humanity Board for six years for example. Some days it is as simple as taking some homemade soup to someone. I like to think of myself as the Soup Lady. In fact I justified getting our new 12 quart Stock Pot for that reason!

I loved reading about Leah's pattern of prayer throughout the day. Ours is similar. We also attend a couples faith sharing group, as well as a Bible Study, and for years had a prayer group that met in our home. At one time,
we had more evidence of Jesus in our home than we did of our family. Now, as we have had 15 grandchildren, we have all their pictures to find places for.

Leah, note where I am from. We have had lots of contact with members of your Church, and enjoyed many visits from your young missionaries. We have visited your sites which are within walking distance of us. Have you ever been here?

Rebeccascabinet said:
it is nice to speak with other consultants about Jesus and God and not feel like I am offending people out there.

:) Hopefully we aren't...and if they are for some reason, they can politely leave (without giving the thread a bad vote which I saw). I gave them fair warning that if they don't want to talk about religion, ignore this...if they choose to cross in, they've made the choice. I didn't disguise the thread to "lure" anyone in to our conversations here.

This is meant to encourage and support each of us who has faith and hopefully will continue to do so. I personally am loving the conversations and stories and experiences that are popping up here.

I just thought you all might like this it takes aboput ten minutes but it is awesome. I love the music. I was having a horrible day and It brightened mine up. Hope you like it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M4_IlbaZHA

In Post #40, I see the quote from Billy Graham. Have any of you ever been to a Rally that he was speaking at? I was blessed to attend three nights in the early 1980's, in Rochester, NY. It was held outside at a Baseball Stadium. It sure was a powerful experience!

I have never been their but my husband and I would like to visit upstate New York one day...... I am encluding in this post... a photo of my husband and I on our wedding day three months ago.... All this talk and testimonals about god and religion really got me thinking about marriage and what the lord brings together in love...

Leah

Grandmarita said:
What a joy to read all your posts. I've been blessed to be Catholic all my life,
and to have had an experience in 1978, which some of you have referred to as being "Born Again". Perhaps a surprise for you, it was within the Catholic church and known as the Charismatic Renewal. From it grew Prayer Groups that continue to this day. During that same time two other groups were happening to meet the needs of those of us who wanted more than rituals. It involved strengthening marriages with a weekend away called Marriage Encounter. For those who had lost a spouse, it is Beginning Experience. Another program was Cursillo which was a four day retreat for the purpose of experiencing a Short Course in Christian Living. It was a community experience and led to many of us having the confidence to share our faith with others in our every day roles. I've had the awesome experience of participating in all of those programs. It has made a world of difference for me. It has enlivened my experience of being Catholic. My relationship with Jesus is number one, and everything else has fallen into place since I made that decision. I met my husband in a Prayer Group and we were married 25 years ago. We are both very active in our Church community. I've been involved over the years in several ministries: Divorced, Separated, Widowed; Prison Ministry; Hospice Ministry; Youth Retreat Ministry; Music Ministry and Funeral Hospitality; Home Visitation and Elder Companioning. It goes on and on. Where there is a need, the Lord puts it on my heart to extend a helping hand. We both served on Habitat for Humanity Board for six years for example. Some days it is as simple as taking some homemade soup to someone. I like to think of myself as the Soup Lady. In fact I justified getting our new 12 quart Stock Pot for that reason!

I loved reading about Leah's pattern of prayer throughout the day. Ours is similar. We also attend a couples faith sharing group, as well as a Bible Study, and for years had a prayer group that met in our home. At one time,
we had more evidence of Jesus in our home than we did of our family. Now, as we have had 15 grandchildren, we have all their pictures to find places for.

Leah, note where I am from. We have had lots of contact with members of your Church, and enjoyed many visits from your young missionaries. We have visited your sites which are within walking distance of us. Have you ever been here?

Attachments

• Leah and David.jpg
    Leah and David.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 294
I really glad that we havent' offend others... and it is really nice...sometimes I hold back in saying what church I belong to becasue I do not want to offend someone or open myself up to something that Iam not prepared for but this is so nice and enjoyable to hear others talk about something that is extremly important to them.

janetupnorth said:
:) Hopefully we aren't...and if they are for some reason, they can politely leave (without giving the thread a bad vote which I saw). I gave them fair warning that if they don't want to talk about religion, ignore this...if they choose to cross in, they've made the choice. I didn't disguise the thread to "lure" anyone in to our conversations here.

This is meant to encourage and support each of us who has faith and hopefully will continue to do so. I personally am loving the conversations and stories and experiences that are popping up here.

Grandmarita said:
In Post #40, I see the quote from Billy Graham. Have any of you ever been to a Rally that he was speaking at? I was blessed to attend three nights in the early 1980's, in Rochester, NY. It was held outside at a Baseball Stadium. It sure was a powerful experience!

My dad was saved at a Billy Crusade in the 50's - he was raised Lutheran and they never taught salvation - I've only seen them on TV numerous times. He always talked about it until he died a year ago.

mommyhugz1978 said:
I really glad that we havent' offend others... and it is really nice...sometimes I hold back in saying what church I belong to becasue I do not want to offend someone or open myself up to something that Iam not prepared for but this is so nice and enjoyable to hear others talk about something that is extremly important to them.

I'm hoping we haven't. I personally disagree with some of the specifics of other religions, but I want to discuss how we can use PC in this manner and challenge each other in their walk. As soon as we start nitpicking each other's specific denominations we're opening the door for Satan to kill what good we are currently experiencing in this thread. I'm sure one of us will say something personal about our beliefs that others disagree with like I have a strong belief that I will only go to heaven by accepting Christ as my personal Savior and the fact that He died on the cross for my sins and salvation is not by works. But, if you disagree, read it and if you want to pursue that thought further, feel free to ask or if it's a sensitive question, PM me and we'll discuss without "bashing" another viewpoint.

This has been fun and awesome since last night - so let's keep it up.

Miss Cori said:
I just thought you all might like this it takes aboput ten minutes but it is awesome. I love the music. I was having a horrible day and It brightened mine up. Hope you like it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M4_IlbaZHA
Cori~

Thanks for sharing that! It gave me chills watching him paint!

We each have our own belife system and that is okay.... I disagree with something as I am sure other disagree with my belifes etc.... but the common thing is that we all have expressed how the lord has helped each of us within our PC business which is really cool.... normaly you dont' share things that we hold scared.... such as religion or our faith in god.....

janetupnorth said:
I'm hoping we haven't. I personally disagree with some of the specifics of other religions, but I want to discuss how we can use PC in this manner and challenge each other in their walk. As soon as we start nitpicking each other's specific denominations we're opening the door for Satan to kill what good we are currently experiencing in this thread. I'm sure one of us will say something personal about our beliefs that others disagree with like I have a strong belief that I will only go to heaven by accepting Christ as my personal Savior and the fact that He died on the cross for my sins and salvation is not by works. But, if you disagree, read it and if you want to pursue that thought further, feel free to ask or if it's a sensitive question, PM me and we'll discuss without "bashing" another viewpoint.

janetupnorth said:
As soon as we start nitpicking each other's specific denominations we're opening the door for Satan to kill what good we are currently experiencing in this thread. I'm sure one of us will say something personal about our beliefs that others disagree with like I have a strong belief that I will only go to heaven by accepting Christ as my personal Savior and the fact that He died on the cross for my sins and salvation is not by works. But, if you disagree, read it and if you want to pursue that thought further, feel free to ask or if it's a sensitive question, PM me and we'll discuss without "bashing" another viewpoint.

I was raised in a denomination that was very dogmatic....and judgmental of other denominations.....I was actually shocked when I got to college, and realized that someone could be of a different denominational background, and still be a believer and follower of Christ! Since then, I have found many followers of Christ in all different churches, and love the fact, that, although there may be differences in the way we worship, or even what the emphasis of our particular church is (whether it be liturgical, or more on gifts of the Spirit, etc....)we can find common ground in our love for God and our desire to follow His Son Jesus! My church, although part of a denomination, purposely leaves the name of the denomination out of the church name, so that people of all faiths can feel comfortable coming!

I just have to say - you guys are awesome!!!! ...just think of what an impact we can have on each other, our families, our faith, and our businesses this coming year! I truly believe that when we are focused where God wants us, He'll bless us.

<h2>1. How would you apply the 3-2-1 Plan to your spiritual life?</h2><p>In order to apply the 3-2-1 Plan to your spiritual life, you would need to first identify what areas of your faith you want to focus on. This could include reading the Bible, prayer, evangelism, serving others, etc. Once you have identified these areas, you can create a plan that incorporates the 3-2-1 concept. For example, you could commit to reading the Bible for 3 days a week, praying for 2 specific things each day, and reaching out to 1 person in need every month. This plan can be adjusted and personalized based on your individual goals and priorities.</p><h2>2. Do I put as much emphasis on what provides me with eternal security as I do with my finances?</h2><p>This is a question that many Christians struggle with, as it can be easy to prioritize our earthly needs and desires over our spiritual well-being. It is important to remember that while financial security is important, it is ultimately temporary. Our eternal security through our relationship with Jesus Christ should be our top priority. We can strive to balance both aspects of our lives, but it is crucial to not neglect our spiritual growth and connection with God.</p><h2>3. Why is it sometimes easier to sell Pampered Chef than talk to others about God?</h2><p>Selling Pampered Chef products may come more naturally to some because it is a tangible and practical item that can be easily marketed. However, talking to others about God and our faith can be more challenging because it requires vulnerability and can often be met with opposition or discomfort. It is important to remember that sharing our faith is a crucial part of being a Christian and can have an eternal impact on others, even if it may be uncomfortable at times.</p><h2>4. What are the 3-2-1 Plan for Success with Pampered Chef?</h2><p>The 3-2-1 Plan for Success with Pampered Chef includes booking 3 parties a week, connecting with 2 potential hosts/customers each day, and sponsoring 1 new consultant each month. This plan helps consultants stay focused and consistent with their business, ultimately leading to success.</p><h2>5. How can I challenge myself to apply the 3-2-1 Plan to my spiritual life?</h2><p>One way to challenge yourself to apply the 3-2-1 Plan to your spiritual life is to set specific and measurable goals for each aspect of your faith. This could include committing to reading the Bible for 3 days a week, praying for 2 specific things each day, and sharing the gospel with 1 person each month. You can also find an accountability partner or join a small group to help keep you on track and motivated in your spiritual growth.</p>

1. How would you apply the 3-2-1 Plan to your spiritual life?

In order to apply the 3-2-1 Plan to your spiritual life, you would need to first identify what areas of your faith you want to focus on. This could include reading the Bible, prayer, evangelism, serving others, etc. Once you have identified these areas, you can create a plan that incorporates the 3-2-1 concept. For example, you could commit to reading the Bible for 3 days a week, praying for 2 specific things each day, and reaching out to 1 person in need every month. This plan can be adjusted and personalized based on your individual goals and priorities.

2. Do I put as much emphasis on what provides me with eternal security as I do with my finances?

This is a question that many Christians struggle with, as it can be easy to prioritize our earthly needs and desires over our spiritual well-being. It is important to remember that while financial security is important, it is ultimately temporary. Our eternal security through our relationship with Jesus Christ should be our top priority. We can strive to balance both aspects of our lives, but it is crucial to not neglect our spiritual growth and connection with God.

3. Why is it sometimes easier to sell Pampered Chef than talk to others about God?

Selling Pampered Chef products may come more naturally to some because it is a tangible and practical item that can be easily marketed. However, talking to others about God and our faith can be more challenging because it requires vulnerability and can often be met with opposition or discomfort. It is important to remember that sharing our faith is a crucial part of being a Christian and can have an eternal impact on others, even if it may be uncomfortable at times.

4. What are the 3-2-1 Plan for Success with Pampered Chef?

The 3-2-1 Plan for Success with Pampered Chef includes booking 3 parties a week, connecting with 2 potential hosts/customers each day, and sponsoring 1 new consultant each month. This plan helps consultants stay focused and consistent with their business, ultimately leading to success.

5. How can I challenge myself to apply the 3-2-1 Plan to my spiritual life?

One way to challenge yourself to apply the 3-2-1 Plan to your spiritual life is to set specific and measurable goals for each aspect of your faith. This could include committing to reading the Bible for 3 days a week, praying for 2 specific things each day, and sharing the gospel with 1 person each month. You can also find an accountability partner or join a small group to help keep you on track and motivated in your spiritual growth.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • pamperedlinda
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
ChefZee