• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Applying the 3-2-1 Plan to Your Spiritual Life

In summary, the conversation revolved around the idea of applying the 3-2-1 Plan for Success with PC to one's spiritual life. The participants discussed the importance of balancing financial and eternal security, and the challenges of talking to others about God. They also shared personal experiences and struggles with prioritizing God in their lives. Finally, they brainstormed ways to apply the 3-2-1 Plan to their spiritual lives, such as praying for others and actively seeking out opportunities to share God's love.
I can't agree with you more Janet!!!

I have a comment about "The Secret." I saw most of that episode of Oprah and thought it was beautiful. I intrepretted it differently...I looked at it as people following God's principles though they didn't yet understand, or perhaps weren't ready to accept how much of it was based in God. We are taught to declare it as if it were already so when we ask God for something. I heard them saying essentially the same thing. BUT, I also heard a lady stand up and specifically ask them about how, in their opinion, God factors into this. She was a Chrisitian woman and I had been wondering if the men who wrote the book were. The black gentleman started off right away. He explained how this is all in line with ....I forgot how he said it but he MEANT most religions. He was careful not to be specific. And he explained alot of it in a manner much like I was understanding it. That it really IS based in God's instructions.

Perhpas my perspective is off, but I also believe bringing people closer to God no matter how is a good thing! I know these last few years I've felt that all the pieces finally fit! All the teachings throughtout my life now fit and the "pieces" that don't fit were my worldly beliefs. And I can see that now!

Also, a couple of you mentioned this previously, but my church also teaches us to have a committed family worship time daily. We used to but my husband won't participate any longer and since we moved into a much smaller house, there is no where private for me and the boys to go regularly. I have been praying about how to make it work.

Janet,

THanks for starting this thread and for reminding us to curb our tongues on areas we may disagree with each other. Just imagine if all Christian denominations could come together in unity what a difference we could make in this country. Sometimes we spend so much time debating the specifics of music, bible versions, style of baptism, etc. that we lose focus of the big picture.

I have to say the idea of the 321 is interesting to apply to my spiritual life. I didn't respond when I first read this yesterday because I felt I needed to pray on it. For me I would like to set the following goals:

3. Pray three times a day (outside of meals). It doesn't have to be long but purposeful.

2. Reach out to two people a week. Phone calls just to let them know I'm thinking of them, inviting someone to church or an event...just keeping connected. Life can get so busy that I don't make time for developing new relationships.

1. Memorize one new scripture each week and hide it in my heart to better equip me when facing challenges or counseling others.

Debi~

I am sure our situations are different in many ways, but my husband has changed over the past few years. When we were married in 2000, we had bible study time together, prayer together each night before bed, and our basic beliefs were the same. Now, all of that has changed. We haven't prayed together since I was pregnant with our little one that is almost two! And, the other night my DSS was asking questions about other religions (not based on Jesus Christ) and my hubby came back with: "Honey, (as in talking to me) I know you aren't going to like this, but...." and proceeded to tell him how we all basically believe in the same God, but call him different names in different religions. How God will honor anyone who is committed and loyal to their God and how we can all end up in heaven that way. WHAT? I reminded him that the bible tells us specifically that the ONLY way is through Jesus Christ. He then says he doesn't believe that, because that means Muslims and other religions would ALL be going to hell and he just can't see that God could do that. He also went on and on about "how do we know OUR bible is the right bible...how do we know that there isn't more to the bible than what we as Christians believe. We went back and forth, but I am not a person who debates well, nor can I quote scripture off the top of my head, so it didn't go very far. I have just been praying that God will speak to him. Also, that my DSS will see the truth through my actions and what I have taught him.

I feel for you that you are in a difficult situation, too. I will keep your husband and your family in my prayers!

I have to say it makes me feel better knowing that someone else's hubby has changed over the years.... (Not that I am happy that you are going through this!! Just that someone else can understand me...hope that makes sense!!)

Has anyone read "The Power of A Praying Wife" ? I'm just beginning it.

quiverfull7 said:

Have it - started it - was good - admit I didn't finish it... :(

KellyTheChef said:
Debi~

I am sure our situations are different in many ways, but my husband has changed over the past few years. When we were married in 2000, we had bible study time together, prayer together each night before bed, and our basic beliefs were the same. Now, all of that has changed. We haven't prayed together since I was pregnant with our little one that is almost two! And, the other night my DSS was asking questions about other religions (not based on Jesus Christ) and my hubby came back with: "Honey, (as in talking to me) I know you aren't going to like this, but...." and proceeded to tell him how we all basically believe in the same God, but call him different names in different religions. How God will honor anyone who is committed and loyal to their God and how we can all end up in heaven that way. WHAT? I reminded him that the bible tells us specifically that the ONLY way is through Jesus Christ. He then says he doesn't believe that, because that means Muslims and other religions would ALL be going to hell and he just can't see that God could do that. He also went on and on about "how do we know OUR bible is the right bible...how do we know that there isn't more to the bible than what we as Christians believe. We went back and forth, but I am not a person who debates well, nor can I quote scripture off the top of my head, so it didn't go very far. I have just been praying that God will speak to him. Also, that my DSS will see the truth through my actions and what I have taught him.

I feel for you that you are in a difficult situation, too. I will keep your husband and your family in my prayers!

I have to say it makes me feel better knowing that someone else's hubby has changed over the years.... (Not that I am happy that you are going through this!! Just that someone else can understand me...hope that makes sense!!)

You think that is bad, my boyfriend doesnt believe in god. And his mother is one of the strongest christian women I have ever met. I honestly believe he is just upset with god becuase of the hard life he has lived and I hope that someday his beliefs will change. But I still love him (so please dont bash him, not that you would) I try so hard not to judge only because he was raised in church and I wasnt so I feel as though he has the right to believe whatever he wishes.

Thank you Kelly! The worst part is, our family just got baptized last summer. But he's been to church less than 10 times since then. I've prayed and prayed and then prayed some more. Of course, there's alot more to it but he is so lost and cannot see it.

janetupnorth said:
Have it - started it - was good - admit I didn't finish it... :(

Me too! I've been reading a book by Joyce Meyer, "Help Me I'm Married." Wow, it is wonderful! I am very much like she used to be!!!

quiverfull7 said:
It's a great book - it's been awhile since I read it.....need to go back and read it again!

Miss Cori said:
You think that is bad, my boyfriend doesnt believe in god. And his mother is one of the strongest christian women I have ever met. I honestly believe he is just upset with god becuase of the hard life he has lived and I hope that someday his beliefs will change. But I still love him (so please dont bash him, not that you would) I try so hard not to judge only because he was raised in church and I wasnt so I feel as though he has the right to believe whatever he wishes.

If you were raised in a Christian home with strong beliefs, there has to come a time when you make those beliefs your own, not your families. The hardest thing for a guy growing up has to be to be humble and accountable to God. By not believing in God, he doesn't have to be accountable for his actions. That makes life much simpler.

Just remember, guard your heart, don't compromise what you believe is right, and the Bible does say not to be unequally yoked together. Many, many are, and we can see why the Bible says not to be...it is a drain on relationships and a true struggle in many areas. (That is not bashing him at all :) ) ...but praying for him and you. :) I believe there is a difference between having beliefs and convictions and standing for them and judging. I can stand up for my beliefs without "judging" others on theirs. I hope you two can grow together spiritually in your relationship.

ChristianWhat is a Christian? We have to be very careful with this question. I agree that true christians should unite and worship and serve the Lord God to the best of their abilities and love one another.
Paul tells us in the scriptures:

Galatians 1:6 I marvel that you are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ to another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

There are many false teachers and religions out there and we have to be careful not to fall into heresy. God's truth should never be compromised and watered down so we don't offend anyone. Not that I want to offend anyone but sometimes God's word will do that. Jesus did not come to bring peace but a sword to divide households, friends, neighbors, etc...

Here is a great sermon from a godly man who once came to speak at our church and who is a missionary. This message will edify you, encourage you, convict you and give you God's truth without being watered down. I hear it over and over again.

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=52906154239

Debbie :D

DebbieSAChef said:
What is a Christian? We have to be very careful with this question. I agree that true christians should unite and worship and serve the Lord God to the best of their abilities and love one another.

Galatians 1:6 I marvel that you are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ to another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

There are many false teachers and religions out there and we have to be careful not to fall into heresy. God's truth should never be compromised and watered down so we don't offend anyone. Not that I want to offend anyone but sometimes God's word will do that. Jesus did not come to bring peace but a sword to divide households, friends, neighbors, etc...

Here is a great sermon from a godly man who once came to speak at our church and who is a missionary. This message will edify you, encourage you, convict you and give you God's truth without being watered down. I hear it over and over again.

Debbie - thanks - I have to head to church soon for a "Secret Prayer Pal" revealing with the women's group, but will listen to that this weekend. I personally appreciate your candor on this thread and haven't felt offended (of course my beliefs are probably right on line with yours). ;) I am enjoying how people are feeling open to share so far and hopefully we can continue to help each other in each situation bit by bit. You're right, the gospel is the Sword of the Spirit and does sharply discern truth. Let's challenge each other that when we get to the point of disagreeing with something posted here, we open our Bible and start looking for the answers for ourselves. "If we seek Him, we will find Him when we seek Him with all our heart."

www.biblegateway.com is a great site if you don't have a Bible at home or at work.

DebbieSAChef said:
What is a Christian? We have to be very careful with this question. I agree that true christians should unite and worship and serve the Lord God to the best of their abilities and love one another.

I'm definitely going to listen to this. I've always been the questioning type yet strong in faith. I think this will be good!

I have enjoyed this thread. There seems to be several different denominations here, but the most important thing is that they all seem to believe that Jesus is the way to Heaven. I firmly believe that every church...no matter what denomination...will have members who are "left behind" when Jesus returns. Just like I believe that every church will have members rejoicing in Heaven. Jesus says that noone comes to the Father except through him. That is what is important. That being said, there are many people who say that they are Christians, but in reality they are what I call "Sunday Christians". They go on Sunday morning and live a totally different life outside of the church. The Bible says we will be known by our fruits. I pray every day that my fruit is good. I personally only read the KJ version of the Bible because it was the first translation. I feel that after it has been translated and translated it loses its true meaning and we have to really be careful not to be deceived. It is true that there are many false teachings out there. And, the Devil comes to steal, kill and destroy. We must guard our hearts.

I do insert bits of my "testimony" into my shows. I try to make God a part of every piece of my life. I am enjoying this thread and will be checking back.

DebbieSAChef said:
My whole family is catholic too. It's sad but they are stuck in that tradition. "Well my grandmother was catholic, and my mother was catholic so I am catholic." Except most of my family never even go to church, except on Ash wednesday, baby baptisms, weddings, easter and Christmas.
Right now my grandmother is giving up tortillas for lent. She also is having an affair!! :confused:
I remember my uncles giving up beer and then getting wasted on Easter!
It's sad but they never read their bibles, and the god of this world (satan) has them blinded into believing they are ok because the priest tells them to pray a couple of hail Mary's or our Father's and take the communion to be ok.
:rolleyes:

That is one of the points I have been trying to make. I don't believe that I should talk through a man to talk to God. It really feels weird telling a priest my sins to be forgiven.

quiverfull7 said:
Yes! I have read it three or four times.. ( I'm a reader..) and my hubby has inched his way through the POAPH.. he is NOT a reader... still doesn't "get" it I guess... I have also read some of Beth Moore's books, and A Woman After God's Heart.. or something like that.. That one was a little tough because of the submission...
I can't say my lovely hubby has made some very good decisions in the last year.. and my MIL is one of my recruits and joined this site and may very well get upset but.. oh well.
Things get pretty hairy and then when we come back and get to church and get good again.. BAM!! something else puts a HUGE block and.. oh the prayers I need..
So, we are now listening to Love and Repect by Dr. Emerson... somebody.. but DH isn't really accepting of it, or ???? He is at least the one who initiated that and I think that makes a difference. So prayers for me to be accepting and whatever God's will is for Jason would be much appreciated.
I didn't take over did I ??
I am thinking of my 3 boys when I see the 3_2_1 principle. I don't pray with them before dinner or bedtime reguarly. Sometimes they are moved to. I want to be more consistent because they deserve it.
#2.. I think of me and DH.. Becoming a team like we were intended.. that would be great
#1.. Putting God first.

I am also reading The Purpose Driven Life w/ a friend.. anyone else??

Momma23boys said:
So, we are now listening to Love and Repect by Dr. Emerson... somebody.. but DH isn't really accepting of it, or ???? He is at least the one who initiated that and I think that makes a difference. So prayers for me to be accepting and whatever God's will is for Jason would be much appreciated.

I'm reading Love & Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs right now too! I think it is awesome... The Bible says that 'the king's heart is in the hand of the Lord and He has the power to turn the direction of His will...' I believe that we ~ as wives ~ can't change our husbands but God can. All we can do is to continue loving, respecting, praying and believing that his heart is in God's hands! God will turn it as He wills!

I read thru PDL a couple years ago and found it to be extremely practical as it took a step-by-step aproach in my walk with the Lord. I recommend both of these books!

Momma23boys said:
I can't say my lovely hubby has made some very good decisions in the last year.. and my MIL is one of my recruits and joined this site and may very well get upset but.. oh well.
Things get pretty hairy and then when we come back and get to church and get good again.. BAM!! something else puts a HUGE block and.. oh the prayers I need..
I didn't take over did I ??
I am thinking of my 3 boys when I see the 3_2_1 principle. I don't pray with them before dinner or bedtime reguarly. Sometimes they are moved to. I want to be more consistent because they deserve it.
#2.. I think of me and DH.. Becoming a team like we were intended.. that would be great
#1.. Putting God first.

Great goals with your boys and family - thank you for sharing even though family may read - that takes guts, but if I was her, I'd give you a tremendous amount of respect for caring about your family enough to admit it needs some work. Praying that whatever is there causing trouble, you trust that God is greater than it and can make it right.

Well, I just got back from a "Secret Prayer" dinner at church where we revealed who we had as a secret prayer pal throughout the year. Mine had no clue it was me and I would see her at church, AWANA, and when she'd drop off her grandkids at school, I'd be dropping off my daughter, so seeing her reminded me to pray. It was so neat to hear how she felt blessed throughout the year even when I felt like I wasn't "doing much" for her. I'm excited that the person whose name I drew I know well, but not well enough that she'll guess its me - he-he. It should be a fun year. I'm really excited to continue to focus on prayer more this year.

I have a few things to say here. First, Grandmarita, thank you for giving everyone a glimpse into a Catholic life. Like Grandmarita, I have been blessed to be raised in the Roman Catholic tradition. My husband, who I met at church, and I pray together daily, morning and night. We have a regular scripture study schedule that we follow daily. We each have our independent scripture reading time and prayer time also. We attend mass daily.Now, with respect to some of the comments that I have read here: Ladies, as a Catholic I am disturbed to see my entire faith dismissed over the actions of a few. Are there Catholics who never learn to pray anything but the simple prayers of their childhood? Certainly. Just as there are in any other faith tradition. Are there Catholics who never truly understand the meaning of penance and sacrifice? Sure. I won't dispute that. Are there Catholics who only enter a church on Christmas and Easter--sure, just like every other denomination. I respectfully request that you refrain from "bashing" my faith, as I am refraining from "bashing" yours. For every tale you can tell of a Catholic not living their faith, I have one for your faith, trust me. For every person you have who 'found Jesus and left the Catholics' I have a convert I can quote, too. We all have different faith traditions, and if we are going to respect each other in Christian charity, then we need to refrain from using the behaviors of some to cast aspersions upon an entire denomination.I have a MA in comparative religions, with advanced work in the protestant denominations. I could easily post pages and pages of theological arguments here, but I didn't think that was the purpose of this thread. I thought this was about Christians supporting each other, and trying to help each other grow in our own Christian faith. If this is, instead, a thread to debate the merits of one Christian faith against another, please let me know. I'll be happy to debate any and all comers, it's part of what I do on a regular basis in real life. But is that what we're really here for?God bless you all. You, your families, and your intentions will remain in my prayers.

Last edited:
I just read through the whole thread and pulled all the prayer requests together so we can start to pray for each other. I hope I summarized them correctly. Here they are and I apologize if I've missed anyone but we can always add more:

Chef Kearns – putting God first, being able to speak about God

caritok – putting God as the priority

Shawnna – pray without ceasing, witnessing, work on worship songs, extra time in prayer and studying for SS and Childrens’activities.

ChefKristin – struggling/questions about faith

Hmolah – Incorporate beliefs into business, staying strong in faith

KellyTheChef – self-confidence, following God’s plan for her life, strength

PamperedChefDebi – Personal issues, spending time with God daily, husband/beliefs

Raebates – helping people, cultivating fruits of the spirit, seeking God first

Jules711 – Being more involved reading her Bible, a quiet time and place to do so

Jenniferlynne – getting back to a morning devotion

Rebeccascabinet – Glorifying God through her business, sharing faith

MicheleC – pray more, reach out to people, memorize scripture

KellyTheChef – Husband’s struggle with faith, raising her child

Cori – boyfriend doesn’t believe in God – pray that they are brought together in faith

Momma23boys – relationship with husband, respecting him and accepting God’s will for him, teaching her boys and praying with them with consistency, putting God first

Janetupnorth – witness at work, time with family, help focus on prayer

Ann, I am sorry if you felt we were bashing your faith. It is true what you say. There are people in every denomination that do not do the things they should be doing and those who only attend on Christmas and Easter. I can tell you that our biggest church attendance was 300 on Easter Sunday and only about 20 of those were family from out of town who couldn't be attending every service. It is in every church.

In a way, church is like other things...you get out of it what you put in it. The more you spend time with the Lord, the better you feel, the better your life seems to be. That doesn't mean you won't have troubles...it rains on the just and the unjust, and if you never have trouble you might want to be thinking about whether Satan thinks that you are not a problem...it simply means that you will be able to handle it better.

Kristen...we do not have to go through anyone to talk to God. In Bible time, people were subject to the law. Everyone took their sacrifices and sins to the priest who offered the sacrifices and asked forgiveness for each family. He went behind the veil of the temple to do this. On the day that Jesus died on the cross the veil was torn in two. We no longer have to take our sacrifices to the priest...Jesus has already died for us and became our sacrifice...and we can directly to the throne of God ourselves. We don't need anyone else to pray for us. Our prayers are how we get closer to God. But, we must remember when we are in prayer that it is a conversation with God...conversations are give and take, not one person doing all the talking...we must also listen. I truly believe that God speaks to us. Most often it is in that "still small voice", but I know people who have heard God's voice as though He were in the room speaking to them. Some people may think that is crazy, but I think God will do whatever it takes in the situation to make you hear Him.

Janet...thanks for the list. I am posting it on my desk so that I will see it and remember to pray for each of you by name.

Shawnna

Sorry if you are offended
cooking.with.ann said:
I have a few things to say here. First, Grandmarita, thank you for giving everyone a glimpse into a Catholic life. Like Grandmarita, I have been blessed to be raised in the Roman Catholic tradition. My husband, who I met at church, and I pray together daily, morning and night. We have a regular scripture study schedule that we follow daily. We each have our independent scripture reading time and prayer time also. We attend mass daily.

Now, with respect to some of the comments that I have read here: Ladies, as a Catholic I am disturbed to see my entire faith dismissed over the actions of a few. Are there Catholics who never learn to pray anything but the simple prayers of their childhood? Certainly. Just as there are in any other faith tradition. Are there Catholics who never truly understand the meaning of penance and sacrifice? Sure. I won't dispute that. Are there Catholics who only enter a church on Christmas and Easter--sure, just like every other denomination. I respectfully request that you refrain from "bashing" my faith, as I am refraining from "bashing" yours. For every tale you can tell of a Catholic not living their faith, I have one for your faith, trust me. For every person you have who 'found Jesus and left the Catholics' I have a convert I can quote, too.

We all have different faith traditions, and if we are going to respect each other in Christian charity, then we need to refrain from using the behaviors of some to cast aspersions upon an entire denomination.

I have a MA in comparative religions, with advanced work in the protestant denominations. I could easily post pages and pages of theological arguments here, but I didn't think that was the purpose of this thread. I thought this was about Christians supporting each other, and trying to help each other grow in our own Christian faith.

If this is, instead, a thread to debate the merits of one Christian faith against another, please let me know. I'll be happy to debate any and all comers, it's part of what I do on a regular basis in real life. But is that what we're really here for?

God bless you all. You, your families, and your intentions will remain in my prayers.

I am sorry if you were offended, but as I always say you can never please everyone when talking religion or politics.

I am not saying all catholics are people who don't read their bibles or don't pray or don't attend mass. I know many who do, such as a devout aunt on my husband's side.
But the big thing is that she is trusting in her works for her salvation, not in Jesus. She is taught in the catholic church that you MUST keep the seven sacraments, pray to Mary, talk to the priest for confession and take communion as a literal body and blood sacrament at mass.
These things are not in the bible. I am sorry you felt we were bashing catholics and we are not. I love catholics, mormons, jehovah's, muslims, etc and pray that they will trust in the saving power of JESUS and what He did on that cross ALONE!
Martin Luther was persecuted by the catholic church for preaching Sola Fida, FAITH ALONE! He condemned the catholic church for charging people for masses, and for teaching you could pay to be absolved of sins. I believe the catholic church has come a long way from that, but still teaches that works save and they don't. That is a dangerous thing to believe.
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us! Titus 3:5a
Faith alone in a holy righteous God who has mercy on the sinner and sets him FREE!!
I'm sure you could probably list many people who are in churches today who don't read their bibles, pray, or even go to church. Just because someone says they are saved doesn't mean they are. A Christian has good fruit.
I am not dismissing your faith by the actions of a few, but because of false teachings taught in the catholic church.

Shawnna said:
Ann, I am sorry if you felt we were bashing your faith.

Shawnna

Thank you, Shawnna. I would just like us all to be mindful of what Janet said in one of her earlier posts:

janetupnorth said:
I personally disagree with some of the specifics of other religions, but I want to discuss how we can use PC in this manner and challenge each other in their walk. As soon as we start nitpicking each other's specific denominations we're opening the door for Satan to kill what good we are currently experiencing in this thread.

Like Janet, I disagree with some of the theology of other religions. But I don't believe that anything is accomplished by making negative statements about one religion or another.

Each of us believes that our faith teaches the truth, or we wouldn't be practicing it. Let us respect that for the sake of our goal here.

DebbieSAChef said:
I am not dismissing your faith by the actions of a few, but because of false teachings taught in the catholic church.

This is exactly what I was trying to avoid. Debbie, this isn't really the place for a theological knock-down drag-out fight. If you want one, fine, but out of respect for Janet and what she is trying to accomplish here go start your own thread about why your particular denomination is better than all other denominations.

You have your beliefs, which you feel are true, based on your interpretations. I have mine. I respect your right to hold those beliefs without criticism. I expect the same level of courtesy and respect for myself and my beliefs.

I am thankful for this thread, but I agree, let's not start bashing other beliefs or practices. Instead let's come here to pray for each other, encourage and motivate each other in His name. :)

If anyone is interested in a free Bible, please visit this site:

http://biblesforamerica.org/recoveryversion/

I say deep discussion like this should not be pulled away from, as is my natural tendency. As long as we are responding to each other in love (they will know us by our love) and using God's true word as our only authority let's continue to work out our faith. All the while focusing less to prove ourselves right and more on bringing glory to Him. I have a friend at church that is in a chair and when he speaks he is hardly understandable, due to an injury. When people who don’t know him look at him I am sure they turn away and avoid him. His mind though is sharp as ever and when we are in a class he is constantly directing us to specific scripture. We refer to him as our bible rolodex on wheels. One day he directed me to a scripture that was just what my spirit needed. My comment to him was "Brian, I want to be more like you." His response to me was "I want to be more like Jesus"
So let’s not be offended at exercising our beliefs while keeping our focus on Jesus. When we remember what we deserve it keeps our heart in the right place.

Don't get upset
cooking.with.ann said:
This is exactly what I was trying to avoid. Debbie, this isn't really the place for a theological knock-down drag-out fight. If you want one, fine, but out of respect for Janet and what she is trying to accomplish here go start your own thread about why your particular denomination is better than all other denominations.

You have your beliefs, which you feel are true, based on your interpretations. I have mine. I respect your right to hold those beliefs without criticism. I expect the same level of courtesy and respect for myself and my beliefs.

We are grown adults and can discuss such things without getting upset right? I mean I don't think what I said was a theological knock down drag out fight. I think you are exaggerating a bit.

I have not disrespected you by speaking my experience with the catholic church. And I am not disrespecting what Janet is trying to do here, we are talking about how PC works in our lives. And it works in my life as a ministry to talk to many people of all religions to tell them about how only JESUS can save them.

And I never said my particular denomination is better than anyone else's. By the way I don't have a denomination. I am a Christian, born again. Period.

I can handle criticism and questions about my faith without getting upset. I will not respect beliefs that are not true. I will however respect the person and can talk about PC products, hosting shows, etc on this site without needing to attack the person if they disagree with me. I can seperate the two.

You say that this is my opinion, then I should have that opinion without you getting upset. I am more than capable of talking religion with those who disagree and still being civil. Not everyone agrees with everyone. It's part of life.
I'm sorry if you were offended but if someone asks me a question about catholicism or other things I won't hesitate to answer them.

I'm not bashing
my3jjjs said:
I am thankful for this thread, but I agree, let's not start bashing other beliefs or practices. Instead let's come here to pray for each other, encourage and motivate each other in His name. :)

If anyone is interested in a free Bible, please visit this site:

I am not bashing just answering questions and sharing my testimony.

The blessing in reading the prayer requests that JanetUpNorth put together for us is that they are all focused on us drawing closer in our personal relationship with Christ. That is eteranal. Thanks JanetUpNorth for taking the time to compile them. Isn't it awesome that God can even use our weaknesses to encourage us. I am greatly encourage tonight.

By the wayBy the way I am having a baby shower for my good friend tomorrow. I am still up baking and decorating plus typing on here. It helps that I can type 56 wpm so I can do both!!! LOL

WE are going to pray for her new baby and we are going to give her some good advice for dealing with stress. We are going to do a bible study and just refresh our memories as to what raising children and loving Christ is all about.

Even the seasoned Christians need to be reminded of this. We are still in the body of flesh and only when we are with Christ will we be truly FREE from sin. Please pray that everything goes well and that she will have a good rest of the pregnancy. This baby is another miracle baby for her. She is prone to having miscarriages and through prayer, this is her second baby.

Now she will have one of each! :p

Debbie,With all due respect, what I hold as true, you hold as false. Likewise, much of what you hold as true, I believe to be false. However, this is not the time or the place for a debate about the relative merits of our differing theologies. I don't believe that this is in the spirit of helping each of us to walk our own faith path, which was what Janet asked us to do in this thread.I'm just asking that we all respect her original intention and drop the criticisms of each other's faith.

DebbieSAChef said:
I am not bashing just answering questions and sharing my testimony.

DebbieSAChef said:

You don't define this as bashing?

No
cooking.with.ann said:
You don't define this as bashing?

No how is this bashing if I am answering questions and sharing my testimony?
Because it doesn't happen to line up with your beliefs. I am sorry but that is not my fault. I will be honest and for that you shouldn't feel threatened.
If you wish to stand beside the catholic church and uphold what it believes and teaches then I disagree with you. But that doesn't mean I can't share what the bible says with others who are asking me questions.
I am not debating you. If you wish to speak to me off the thread there is a pm feature which you have not chosen to use.
You are the one who is escalating this thing, because you don't want me to voice my opinion. I can voice my opinion. You can choose to disagree.

Speaking truth in love is not wrong. Everyone choosing to walk their own faith path as you stated is up to the individual person. I can't change their minds but I will share my experience and testimony.
If I have stated something false then please let me know. You can also Pm me if you wish to furthur discuss this without having to be on this thread.

A prayer for all...

Lord Jesus,
You are our Lord and Savior. You are the life and the peace. Let us rejoice in you. Thank you for allowing us all to come together as one. May we leave all religions aside and focus on you. Bless our family, bless our friends and bless our Pampered Chef business. Help us not only to represent our product, but also to represent you. May others see you in us.

Amen.

thanks for posting that beautiful prayer!!

...and now I am backing out of this thread.......:(

chefkristin said:
...and now I am backing out of this thread.......:(

Chefkristin - After getting up and reading this, I'm sorry to hear that. Don't feel like you started a fight. You have questions about your faith and we'll just pray that you go to your Bible and seek and like your Bible says, when you seek Him, you will find Him when you seek him with all your heart.

Many of us here know what we believe to be true, and whether those beliefs are the same or different, your answers lie in your Bible not specifically with one of us. Some are more vocal in their beliefs because they desire to share what God has done for them, I firmly believe not to bash someone else. There are many religions, denominations that can teach me PLENTY about my faith because they are more "devoted" that I tend to be. But that is the glory of it, we are not perfect, we are saved by grace, and the rest is a process.

Kristin - I will still be praying for you and I hope you allow that.

Janet

I was raised Catholic and left that denomination for over 10 years. It was what I wanted and needed to do at that time. I CHOSE to go back to the Catholic Church because I found that the other denomination (and others I looked into) didn't have any more answers than it did and many members were way overboard in their "thoughts" and it was home for me. As it turns out my DH was raised in another denomination and he CHOSE to join the Catholic church BEFORE he even met me because of the church's stand on marriage, for one thing, and his church's lack of a stand on commitment.

I have been very disgusted with the behavior of too many priests and leaders in my church but I also have seen that there's plenty of the same kind of thing in all organized churches.

I am "born again" in the Catholic church - it is a personal choice and a lifestyle. I believe you are not "saved" and then everything is a-ok. You become aware and you change how you live. Wearing your faith on your shoulder does not make you better than others. Live the life and people will want to know what the special thing within you is. I do share my faith without being asked - people always know I am a faith-filled person.

Thanks, Grandmarita for your post on this subject. I have skimmed through the thread not wanting to get "into it" but I do feel there has been a lot of put-down against the Catholic church. I don't care what faith anyone has as long as they treat others well. Some leave one denomination or the other for many reasons - they are a personal choice - but I think we all have to be careful about the sensitivities of others.

I know this is a Christian thread and that is fine but our Jewish friends and those of other faiths are just as good and faithfilled. Just be careful and pray before you say something that could be taken as a bash on another's faith.

Boy the Devil got in here didn't he? My goodness. We were having a wonderful discussion and sharing then what?...Don't get me wrong I am NOT calling anyone the Devil; however, he used some of you to turn the course of this wonderful thread. Remember ladies what we wrestle against...not flesh and blood, but principalites and forces of darkness.

Anywhoo...Hopefully we are done with that. Thank you Debbie for asking for a PM.

Those of you that read the bible and pray with your kiddos before bed...how do you do it? Do you let them read then discuss the passage together? Do you read to them and ask them what they think it means? When you all pray together are you guiding the prayer? My oldest are boys ages 8 and 9 and my youngest are girls ages 3 1/2 and 9 months. They are on different levels of understanding. Should I/Could I do our reading and prayer time together?

I would really love to do this with my children. My husband is not saved. He thinks my Christian beliefs are just a recognized form of cultism. When we married I was going through a period in my life turned away from God. I was living in sin and completing wrapped up in it. Now we are unequally yoked, but at the time we were married I was just as messed up as my husband. It is hard now, but what do you do? So for now things are a little turned around in the order of things in my home. Instead of my husband as the head in reference to our faith it is me. That is a lot of pressure, dude!!

janetupnorth said:
I just read through the whole thread and pulled all the prayer requests together so we can start to pray for each other. I hope I summarized them correctly. Here they are and I apologize if I've missed anyone but we can always add more:

Chef Kearns – putting God first, being able to speak about God

caritok – putting God as the priority

Shawnna – pray without ceasing, witnessing, work on worship songs, extra time in prayer and studying for SS and Childrens’activities.

ChefKristin – struggling/questions about faith

Hmolah – Incorporate beliefs into business, staying strong in faith

KellyTheChef – self-confidence, following God’s plan for her life, strength

PamperedChefDebi – Personal issues, spending time with God daily, husband/beliefs

Raebates – helping people, cultivating fruits of the spirit, seeking God first

Jules711 – Being more involved reading her Bible, a quiet time and place to do so

Jenniferlynne – getting back to a morning devotion

Rebeccascabinet – Glorifying God through her business, sharing faith

MicheleC – pray more, reach out to people, memorize scripture

KellyTheChef – Husband’s struggle with faith, raising her child

Cori – boyfriend doesn’t believe in God – pray that they are brought together in faith

Momma23boys – relationship with husband, respecting him and accepting God’s will for him, teaching her boys and praying with them with consistency, putting God first

Janetupnorth – witness at work, time with family, help focus on prayer

Janet, thank you for posting this!!!! I'm going to print it out!!
Can I add one? My Father-In-Law will not go to Church. He won't even talk about it. All we know is that something happened to him when he was a teen. My husband said that him and his brother were baptized and then they never went back. He thinks that maybe when my FIL's Dad found out he beat them. My MIL grew up going to Church and has had everyone she can think of come and talk to him. He just won't budge.

Me and my step-daughter went walking yesterday and we were talking about it and she almost started crying. He's such a great guy. Real easy going and easy to get along with (can't say that for the MIL). If we need someone to watch the kids he's always right there. It's a very sad situation to know that one day he was ready and then something happened in his life to completely turn him off of Jesus.

By the way, my FIL's Father ended up shooting himself when he found out he had cancer. It was before I met my husband, but I think my FIL was much older when that happened.

Chef Kearns said:
Boy the Devil got in here didn't he? My goodness. We were having a wonderful discussion and sharing then what?...Don't get me wrong I am NOT calling anyone the Devil; however, he used some of you to turn the course of this wonderful thread. Remember ladies what we wrestle against...not flesh and blood, but principalites and forces of darkness.

Anywhoo...Hopefully we are done with that. Thank you Debbie for asking for a PM.

You read my mind! He has such an EASY job getting our feelings hurt and turning us against each other.

Chef Kearns said:
Those of you that read the bible and pray with your kiddos before bed...how do you do it? Do you let them read then discuss the passage together? Do you read to them and ask them what they think it means? When you all pray together are you guiding the prayer? My oldest are boys ages 8 and 9 and my youngest are girls ages 3 1/2 and 9 months. They are on different levels of understanding. Should I/Could I do our reading and prayer time together?

Actually, we started something a few months ago called "Family Time". We do it once a week with the kids. It is Bible Stories with object lessons. We are using more of a preschool book since my kids are 3 and 5 1/2. What was recommended though was if your kids are split, focus a little more on the older ones, and you'll be surprised what the little ones pick up. I can give you the site for the place to give you some ideas (they work with Focus on the Family a lot)

Chef Kearns said:
I would really love to do this with my children. My husband is not saved. He thinks my Christian beliefs are just a recognized form of cultism. When we married I was going through a period in my life turned away from God. I was living in sin and completing wrapped up in it. Now we are unequally yoked, but at the time we were married I was just as messed up as my husband. It is hard now, but what do you do? So for now things are a little turned around in the order of things in my home. Instead of my husband as the head in reference to our faith it is me. That is a lot of pressure, dude!!

I can't truly relate and have to say I'm thankful for that! That is pressure!!!!! I'll be praying for you. I can say I can relate in that we've gone through periods of time where I've felt I'm not on the same page as my husband and I'd like to kick him in the butt - it does get stressful and drag you down. Thankfully, my husband gets through any slump pretty fast. Now with doing "Family Time", he leads it and the kids are the ones who remind him and keep him on task, they love it.

OK, heading now to pull the website information off my e-mail. Also, if you want to PM me I'll forward you some of the Family Time e-mails with ideas.

Prayer
Chef Kearns said:

I never meant to offend anyone just to share my testimony and be honest about my experiences in the catholic church. If some of you feel fulfilled in the catholic church, that's good for you but I never did and had to share my honest experience and in love hope to help others to find JESUS. I think satan has an open door for destruction when God's truth is supressed and we try to not talk about things that we should talk about.
Honestly everyone feels this is not the time and place for it, but I don't see why not. I don't think we can't have an adult converstation on this thread. Many are voicing their opinions and that's good, that's all part of life.

Anyway Sandra I have a dear friend who is unequally yoked and she must now rely on Christ through prayer and promises in scripture to wait on the Lord for the softening of her husband's heart. Cling to the word of God and his promises and pray, pray, pray!! And we will pray for you as well.

"And a woman who has an unbelieving husband, and he consents to live with her, she must not send her husband away.
"For the unbelieving husband is sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified through her believing husband; for otherwise your children are unclean, but now they are holy.
"Yet if the unbelieving one leaves, let him leave; the brother or the sister is not under bondage in such cases, but God has called us to peace.
"For how do you know, O wife, whether you will save your husband?
"Or how do you know, O husband, whether you will save your wife?"
1 Corinthians 7:13-16

Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives. While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear. 1 Peter 3:1-2

God is faithful and never gives us more than we can bear. Remember that He cares for you so cast your cares upon Him. He loves you with an everlasting love Sandra!

jenniferlynne said:
Janet, thank you for posting this!!!! I'm going to print it out!!
Can I add one? My Father-In-Law will not go to Church. He won't even talk about it. All we know is that something happened to him when he was a teen. My husband said that him and his brother were baptized and then they never went back. He thinks that maybe when my FIL's Dad found out he beat them. My MIL grew up going to Church and has had everyone she can think of come and talk to him. He just won't budge.

Me and my step-daughter went walking yesterday and we were talking about it and she almost started crying. He's such a great guy. Real easy going and easy to get along with (can't say that for the MIL). If we need someone to watch the kids he's always right there. It's a very sad situation to know that one day he was ready and then something happened in his life to completely turn him off of Jesus.

By the way, my FIL's Father ended up shooting himself when he found out he had cancer. It was before I met my husband, but I think my FIL was much older when that happened.

Oh Jennifer, that is sad...will add it!!!!

We had a similar story with my dad in another sense. He was raised Lutheran (Swedish-Lutheran) and was being raised to go to seminary, etc. He got saved at a Billy Graham crusade in the 50's. After that, he was totally against the Lutheran church so much that when I learned to play organ at age 8, he screamed at me because I was practicing "Holy, Holy, Holy". I guess his church played it every day and whatever happened there he couldn't get over.

He died a year ago, but finally in the last few years, he came to love the song again (I had to explain to him what a wonderful hymn it was) and got over whatever his church hurt him with...right before he died, we were preparing to send our daughter to the Lutheran school in town (WELS) - homeschooling is financially not an option and our public schools have 26-30 students in the kindergarten classes. I explained to him all their beliefs, etc. We have a few differences from them, but most items are the same and we can discuss at home the differences. When he died, he was actually excited that she was going there (she was his first grandkid at age 65 and loved her so much). We never did hear what happened at his church but suspected that he was chastised for his "new beliefs" because the church was not a conservative lutheran church. The irony of it was he was invited to the crusade by girls at the Lutheran Bookstore in town (another church). There are so many variations within each religion as someone has mentioned before...

Anyway, that just got long...but praying for you...this situation was minor compared to what you brought up. I'm sure the hurt alone it tough for him to deal with.

Kid prayer and reading timeOh and Sandra I forgot to address this as well. I know for my family my husband does "Family Worship" in the evenings. And then prayers are done right before bed.
Our "Family Worship" is when we read God's word and allow the kids to ask questions or interact. This is anywhere from 15-30 minutes depending on the passage and the interaction time.
Then the kids get in their PJ's, brush their teeth and we pray.
But you can do whatever you want to do, or whatever works for your family.
You can read to them while they are already in bed, just gather them all up in one bed and read to them. Then just explain as much as possible so that they can understand and encourage them to ask questions.
After that is done you can ask them each to pray to the Lord. Even my two year old can pray by herself. Not that it all makes sense but she is on her knees with her eyes closed and we are training her to do what her older siblings do. Our 16 month old is in the room too but he is just exploring.
My nine year old daughter and 10 year old son are encouraged each night to pray for their salvation, and for whatever is on their heart.
IT's great you have a desire to do this with your kids. And who knows maybe one day dad will join in too. Kids can get adults to do just about anything!

Family Time website: http://www.famtime.com/go/

Kirk Weaver is who came and spoke at our church - he does a great job!

This month's activity:
http://www.famtime.com/go/activity.php?&feature=1&PHPSESSID=eeb339deaaeb41789f1c291bb72ae5d9

Sandra...The Word says that if we as Christians do everything we are suppose to do...being obedient to God, praying, witnessing, etc...that our household will be saved. I personally believe that that includes not only our spouses and children, but also our other relatives. We must continue to pray and fast for them to be saved.

Debbie...those are good scriptures. It is true that we must as wives be submissive to our husbands. That doesn't mean our husband is our master, but it does mean that after discussion and prayer that he is the one to make the final decision. If our husband is not saved, it is very important for us to continue in our faith and be a light to him. We must be a witness to him in our words and actions. He is the head of our household and we must let him be...as long as what he is asking doesn't go against God's word.

We homeschool our 3 children (11,9 and 7) and part of their curriculum is of course Bible. That is the first subject in the morning. They get to sing hymns, listen to a story and do their morning prayers. We also pray throughout the day, especially at meal times. At bedtime, we discuss the events of the day and say our prayers. I put on either soft classical music or hymns on their alarm/cd and they doze off.

<h2>1. How would you apply the 3-2-1 Plan to your spiritual life?</h2><p>In order to apply the 3-2-1 Plan to your spiritual life, you would need to first identify what areas of your faith you want to focus on. This could include reading the Bible, prayer, evangelism, serving others, etc. Once you have identified these areas, you can create a plan that incorporates the 3-2-1 concept. For example, you could commit to reading the Bible for 3 days a week, praying for 2 specific things each day, and reaching out to 1 person in need every month. This plan can be adjusted and personalized based on your individual goals and priorities.</p><h2>2. Do I put as much emphasis on what provides me with eternal security as I do with my finances?</h2><p>This is a question that many Christians struggle with, as it can be easy to prioritize our earthly needs and desires over our spiritual well-being. It is important to remember that while financial security is important, it is ultimately temporary. Our eternal security through our relationship with Jesus Christ should be our top priority. We can strive to balance both aspects of our lives, but it is crucial to not neglect our spiritual growth and connection with God.</p><h2>3. Why is it sometimes easier to sell Pampered Chef than talk to others about God?</h2><p>Selling Pampered Chef products may come more naturally to some because it is a tangible and practical item that can be easily marketed. However, talking to others about God and our faith can be more challenging because it requires vulnerability and can often be met with opposition or discomfort. It is important to remember that sharing our faith is a crucial part of being a Christian and can have an eternal impact on others, even if it may be uncomfortable at times.</p><h2>4. What are the 3-2-1 Plan for Success with Pampered Chef?</h2><p>The 3-2-1 Plan for Success with Pampered Chef includes booking 3 parties a week, connecting with 2 potential hosts/customers each day, and sponsoring 1 new consultant each month. This plan helps consultants stay focused and consistent with their business, ultimately leading to success.</p><h2>5. How can I challenge myself to apply the 3-2-1 Plan to my spiritual life?</h2><p>One way to challenge yourself to apply the 3-2-1 Plan to your spiritual life is to set specific and measurable goals for each aspect of your faith. This could include committing to reading the Bible for 3 days a week, praying for 2 specific things each day, and sharing the gospel with 1 person each month. You can also find an accountability partner or join a small group to help keep you on track and motivated in your spiritual growth.</p>

1. How would you apply the 3-2-1 Plan to your spiritual life?

In order to apply the 3-2-1 Plan to your spiritual life, you would need to first identify what areas of your faith you want to focus on. This could include reading the Bible, prayer, evangelism, serving others, etc. Once you have identified these areas, you can create a plan that incorporates the 3-2-1 concept. For example, you could commit to reading the Bible for 3 days a week, praying for 2 specific things each day, and reaching out to 1 person in need every month. This plan can be adjusted and personalized based on your individual goals and priorities.

2. Do I put as much emphasis on what provides me with eternal security as I do with my finances?

This is a question that many Christians struggle with, as it can be easy to prioritize our earthly needs and desires over our spiritual well-being. It is important to remember that while financial security is important, it is ultimately temporary. Our eternal security through our relationship with Jesus Christ should be our top priority. We can strive to balance both aspects of our lives, but it is crucial to not neglect our spiritual growth and connection with God.

3. Why is it sometimes easier to sell Pampered Chef than talk to others about God?

Selling Pampered Chef products may come more naturally to some because it is a tangible and practical item that can be easily marketed. However, talking to others about God and our faith can be more challenging because it requires vulnerability and can often be met with opposition or discomfort. It is important to remember that sharing our faith is a crucial part of being a Christian and can have an eternal impact on others, even if it may be uncomfortable at times.

4. What are the 3-2-1 Plan for Success with Pampered Chef?

The 3-2-1 Plan for Success with Pampered Chef includes booking 3 parties a week, connecting with 2 potential hosts/customers each day, and sponsoring 1 new consultant each month. This plan helps consultants stay focused and consistent with their business, ultimately leading to success.

5. How can I challenge myself to apply the 3-2-1 Plan to my spiritual life?

One way to challenge yourself to apply the 3-2-1 Plan to your spiritual life is to set specific and measurable goals for each aspect of your faith. This could include committing to reading the Bible for 3 days a week, praying for 2 specific things each day, and sharing the gospel with 1 person each month. You can also find an accountability partner or join a small group to help keep you on track and motivated in your spiritual growth.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • pamperedlinda
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
ChefZee