• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Quick Mini Muffin and Chick Flick Night Snack Ideas Can I Make?

.Jnsr96, what is the cannolli dip recipe? I haven't heard of that before. :)brie recipe is always a favorite - the apricot and pecan one - I usually skip the jalapeno.and the new artichoke tomato cheese squares (not sure of exact name) is the SBRC is great too.Brie recipe from a friend - to DIE for!!!
babywings76
Gold Member
Okay, I've got 2 things that I need ideas for:

1. For my son's preschool tomorrow I need to bring some type of mini muffins. They are having a Pajama Day and having all sorts of breakfasty items for food. I don't know what kind of muffin to make. I completely forgot about it till now. I need it to be super super easy and fast. I don't have bananas or any other fruit on hand to do some fruit variety thing. I do have a yellow cake mix. Is there a way to doctor it up for something?

2. I'm having a Chick Flick night with my Book Club friends. They all know me for making yummy recipes, and I promised I'd make something good. I'm trying to decide what to make. I've recently made them the Chocolate PB Cup torte, so I don't want to do that again. I want to do 2 things. Maybe 1 sweet and 1 savory?

So there you go...any ideas?! :D

Try this - Cathy’s muffins

1 pkg of Supermoist devil’s food cake mix (500 g) ..... or any type (Spice or carrot)
1 can of pumpkin pie filling (15 oz)

Stir the two ingredients together until well blended. Add raisins etc if you want
Spoon into muffin tins
Bake as per box directions in stoneware muffin pan

You could also make brownies in the mini muffin pan and top with a vanilla frosting... But you said only yellow cake mix... hmmmm what about the carrot cake cups subbing the pumpkin for the carrots- that's really yummy!

As for book club, what about a spinach artichoke braid and a cannolli dip for dessert- that's delish too!

maybe the mojito torte- that is awesome- always get rave review for that- I usually add more rum though:D

I have a great recipe for the yellow cake mix: My kids at school loved these. They taste like cupcakes and need no frosting.Sweet Cornbread recipe
4 eggs
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 cup water Preheat oven to 350.
Thoroughly spray muffin pan cups with non-stick spray.
Pour mixes into large batter bowl.
Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
The batter will be very thick.
Pour into prepared muffin cups.
I made 12 regular sized muffins and 24 mini muffins from one batch of this batter, and had a tiny bit left over for the "bowl lickers".
Bake mini muffins for 15 minutes, or until golden.
Bake regular sized muffins for 20 minutes, or until golden.

Easy Peasy Pumpkin Muffins

One box Spice Cake Mix (dry) (could use your yellow and add some cinnamon plus)
One can pumpkin (the regular size solid pumpkin - not pie filling)

That’s it! Mix it up and scoop into a mini-muffin pan. I like to sprinkle the tops with sweet cinnamon or sweet caramel sprinkles. Bake around 10 min at 350 but watch them. They are so moist!

Easy Peasy Pumpkin MuffinsOne box Spice Cake Mix (dry) (could use your yellow and add some cinnamon plus)
One can pumpkin (the regular size solid pumpkin - not pie filling)That’s it! Mix it up and scoop into a mini-muffin pan. I like to sprinkle the tops with sweet cinnamon or sweet caramel sprinkles. Bake around 10 min at 350 but watch them. They are so moist!

Thanks for the recipes. I'll have to try them sometime. I ended up trying out a chocolate chip recipe that I found online. It was really simple and I had all the ingredients. We'll see how they turn out.So..about my movie night...any other ideas? We don't drink alcohol, so I can't do some of the ones mentioned.Spinach and Artichoke dip might be good. Maybe the Hot Pizza Dip?Jnsr96, what is the cannolli dip recipe? I haven't heard of that before. :)

brie recipe is always a favorite - the apricot and pecan one - I usually skip the jalapeno.and the new artichoke tomato cheese squares (not sure of exact name) is the SBRC is great too.

Brie recipe from a friend - to DIE for!!!10 oz wheel of brie
curry powder
cashews
Major Grey's Mango Chutney (or any!)unwrap plastic/foil from brie, roll it in 3 tablespoons of curry powder to coat all sides.
place on a stone, pour 1/2 bottle of chutney on top. Sprinkle 3/4 to 1 cup of chopped cashews on top, pat them into chutney. Bake 350 for 20 minutes until it begins to ooze. Serve with bread, crackers, pita chips or bagel chips. YUMM!

Connolli dip was in an old season's best... I'll see if I can find it

What are some easy and delicious meal ideas for busy weeknights?

One popular idea is to make a simple stir-fry with your favorite protein and vegetables, served over rice or noodles. Another option is to use a slow cooker to prepare a hearty soup or stew that can cook all day while you're at work. You could also try sheet pan dinners, where you roast a variety of vegetables and protein on one pan for a quick and easy meal.

How can I make my meals more nutritious without sacrificing taste?

Incorporating more fruits and vegetables into your meals is a great way to add nutrition. You can also swap out refined grains for whole grains, and use lean proteins like chicken or fish instead of red meat. Experiment with different herbs and spices to add flavor without adding extra salt or fat.

What are some family-friendly meal ideas that everyone will enjoy?

Tacos, pizza, and pasta are all popular options for families. You can also get creative with homemade versions of fast food favorites, like making your own burgers or chicken nuggets. Another idea is to have a build-your-own meal night, where everyone can customize their own dish with different toppings and sauces.

How can I make meals that are both budget-friendly and tasty?

One way to save money on meals is to plan your menu around ingredients that are on sale or in season. You can also buy in bulk and freeze leftovers for future meals. Another tip is to incorporate budget-friendly staples like beans and lentils into your meals for added protein and nutrition.

What are some healthy and satisfying snack ideas?

Fresh fruits and vegetables, hummus and pita chips, and Greek yogurt with berries are all great options for healthy snacks. You can also make your own trail mix with nuts, dried fruit, and whole grain cereal. For a sweet treat, try blending frozen bananas with a splash of milk for a creamy, guilt-free "ice cream."

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sunnygirl in nd
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sells-a-lott
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • babywings76