• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cutting Boards: Non-Skid, But Slippery?

In summary, the Flexible Cutting Mat was really slippery and my chicken kept sliding around. I don't recommend it.
leftymac
I used one tonight for the first time to cut up some chicken. I like the backing that makes it non-skid on the counter. However, the actual cutting surface was REALLY slippery! My chicken kept sliding around, which could be dangerous when using a large knife. All I know is the chicken never slid around on a regular cutting board.

NOOOO!! I don't want to hear any bad reviews. I'm so excited about this product (this and the Spice Turn-About are the only things in which I'm really interested), I want to hear they are perfect and wonderful!*sigh* I guess there's no such thing as perfect.

I totally agree with Sarah! Those are the 2 things I was most excited about.

Try 'em and maybe you'll feel differently! In the mats' defense, I haven't cut vegetables on them yet -- just runaway chicken breasts.

Keith, were your breasts unusually large?

Sorry, I couldn't resist

pampchefsarah said:
Keith, were your breasts unusually large?

Sorry, I couldn't resist

Oh, you! :)

I sliced some of that stuff on a cutting board the other day .... I usually slice it when it's partly frozen. The Hold and Slice works wonders.

Di_Can_Cook said:
I sliced some of that stuff on a cutting board the other day .... I usually slice it when it's partly frozen. The Hold and Slice works wonders.

My point is that whenever I cut raw chicken breasts on our regular cutting boards, they stay put. The Flexible Cutting Mat was like a poultry Slip 'n Slide. I shouldn't have to use special tools or do special things to ensure the meat stays in place. It just should -- just like it does on a cutting board.

haven't tried the mats yet but think the spice turn-about is fantastic. my spices are organized (doesn't fit everything I use but better than it was) and it fits in my cabinet! I don't like to leave things out on my counter.

my mom was using a mat like ours (only it did not grab onto the counter like ours should). she was cutting a watermelon and I was watching it slide all over the mat, the counter... I was quite nervous watching her.

leftymac said:
My point is that whenever I cut raw chicken breasts on our regular cutting boards, they stay put. The Flexible Cutting Mat was like a poultry Slip 'n Slide. I shouldn't have to use special tools or do special things to ensure the meat stays in place. It just should -- just like it does on a cutting board.

Just put a damp papertowel under the board and it won't slide.

RMDave said:
Just put a damp papertowel under the board and it won't slide.

The board didn't slide. The chicken was sliding on top of the board.

patty...love the spice holder too...it fits perfectly in my cupboard...I too, have more than it will hold, but it's a start

Keith, did you pat the chicken dry before trying to cut it? I find that works well most of the time. Though, I haven't yet tried the cutting mats.

I had the same issue with the chicken sliding all over on the mat. I will be using the mats for veggies but the regular cutting board for the chicken. I think the mats will be a good seller, whereas I talk about the regular board and dont sell a lot of them.

raebates said:
Keith, did you pat the chicken dry before trying to cut it? I find that works well most of the time. Though, I haven't yet tried the cutting mats.

No, I didn't pat it dry first. I never did that with the regular boards so I wasn't thinking about it. I'll have to try it with the mats.

leftymac said:
The board didn't slide. The chicken was sliding on top of the board.

Crazy Glue - the answer is Crazy Glue.

1. How do I prevent my non-skid cutting board from slipping on my countertop?

To prevent your non-skid cutting board from slipping on your countertop, make sure the surface of your countertop is clean and dry before placing the cutting board on it. You can also wet a paper towel and place it between the cutting board and the countertop for added grip. Additionally, using a cutting board mat or damp cloth underneath the cutting board can also provide extra stability.

2. Can I use non-skid cutting boards on all types of countertops?

Yes, non-skid cutting boards can be used on all types of countertops, including granite, marble, wood, and laminate. However, it is important to make sure the surface is clean and dry before using the cutting board to prevent slipping.

3. How do I clean and maintain my non-skid cutting board?

To clean your non-skid cutting board, simply wash it with hot soapy water and rinse thoroughly. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers as they can damage the non-skid surface. If the cutting board starts to lose its non-skid properties, you can lightly sand the surface with fine-grit sandpaper to restore its grip.

4. Are non-skid cutting boards dishwasher safe?

Yes, most non-skid cutting boards are dishwasher safe. However, it is recommended to hand wash them with hot soapy water to prolong their non-skid properties. If you do decide to put it in the dishwasher, make sure to place it on the top rack away from high heat sources.

5. Can I use a non-skid cutting board for cutting meat and vegetables?

Yes, non-skid cutting boards can be used for cutting both meat and vegetables. Make sure to wash the cutting board thoroughly with hot soapy water after each use to prevent cross-contamination. You can also use different cutting boards for raw meat and vegetables to further prevent cross-contamination.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • gailz2