• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Flexible Bbq Basket, Toxic Metal?

In summary, the Flexible BBQ Basket is made of stainless steel and is safe to use on a grill and in the oven. It does not have a non-stick coating and may require some oil or cooking spray to prevent food from sticking. It can be cleaned in the dishwasher or by hand with warm soapy water, using a non-abrasive sponge or cloth. Harsh chemicals and steel wool should not be used to clean the basket.
cwinter474
Gold Member
"Can you please find out what the BBQ items are made out of, like #2713 BBQ Flexible Basket? Is the material is not a toxic heavy metal?"

Above is a email I got from a customer.... How should I respond?

According to the PIG, they're made from stainless steel. LOL, what, she thinks you'd come back with an answer that they ARE made of toxic materials? Haha.

That being said, it really should say in the catalog they are stainless steel.

I'd be asking HO for that info, you could ask for a "materials sheet". I'm sure when you let them know your customers concern they would be able to help and the customer would likely appreciate the more "official" response. Thats what support is about is it not?

You may also want to find out where they are manufactured....ie, NOT in China. We all know their standards arent the same as US for toxins, and probably a partof the reason she asked.

Pampered Chef does test our products when they get here and use CA standards. Remember the plates that were pulled even though they met the standards of most states?

1. What is the Flexible BBQ Basket made of?

The Flexible BBQ Basket is made of stainless steel, which is a non-toxic metal commonly used in cooking utensils and appliances.

2. Is the Flexible BBQ Basket safe to use on a grill?

Yes, the Flexible BBQ Basket is specifically designed for use on a grill and is safe to use at high temperatures.

3. Can the Flexible BBQ Basket be used in the oven?

Yes, the Flexible BBQ Basket can also be used in the oven. However, it is important to follow the temperature and time guidelines provided in the instructions to prevent any damage.

4. Does the Flexible BBQ Basket have any non-stick coating?

No, the Flexible BBQ Basket does not have a non-stick coating. It is made of stainless steel and may require some oil or cooking spray to prevent food from sticking.

5. How do I clean the Flexible BBQ Basket?

The Flexible BBQ Basket is dishwasher safe, but we recommend hand washing with warm soapy water to prolong its lifespan. Use a non-abrasive sponge or cloth to remove any food residue. Do not use harsh chemicals or steel wool to clean the basket.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BethCooks4U
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • kcjodih