• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How will my absence impact my business with the new compensation plan?

In summary, one of the flaws in the new compensation plan is that there is no "life happens" clause. A consultant shares their frustration about potentially losing their level and director status due to personal circumstances and expresses the need for a longer waiver period. Another consultant offers support and suggests that people in this business usually find a way to make sales even in difficult situations.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
Okay - so NOW I completely see one of the flaws in the new compensation plan!

Many of you already know that I am in Florida with my dad who is in ICU (long story short, he was found unconscious in his home and has head trauma and brain injuries accompanied by diabetes). I don't know how long I will be here -the doctor said to count on at least another week - maybe more. Once my dad is released and is able to travel I will be bringing him home with me and I have NO idea what that will entail! He may live with me or he may go into a rehab type place or he may go into an assisted living. Whatever happens we are all in for some adjustments.

Here is my whine...I had Sept beautifully set-up to be a super busy month. I am on-track for Disney at level 2, but I really want level 3, I was planning to have at least 10 shows on my calendar. Today I realized that I may not be able to have any of them. I have already contacted all of my Sept hosts and they are willing to wait for me to get home and to see what happens when I do get there.

I could very well end-up with nothing for Sept! And, I guess that would drop me down to consultant level - right? I know I wouldn't lose my carer sales, but damn - that just stinks! I know I can get a one-month waiver, but that isn't necessary until the 2nd consecutive month.

It really stinks that there is no "life happens" clause in this new plan. Family comes first, but I really worked my hiney off to maintain what I have with PC and to think that it can all be seriously down-graded in one month just adds the cherry onto an already sucky situation.

okay, rant over - but I'm still pissy about it

will any of them do catty shows to at least get you some sales?

I'm working on it. I would need at least $750 to maintain my TL status and then hope that my team reaches thir $2500 w/o me....I hate the thought of not having $1250 to remain on the lead list too.

I know, I know....If only we didn't have to depend on others to pull us through, right?Hang in there Linda! (((HUGS)))

{{{HUGS}}} Linda!

I'm so sorry Linda.:( I know, it TOTALLY sucks. I wish there was a way for more "crisis" time to be taken with a longer waiver type period. I feel for you because a similar thing happened to me and totally threw off my whole year. I REALLY hope you can still get level 2. I'll be cheering you on!!!

I've had the same thing happen with my year. I know we all have our struggles, but when I couldn't use my right arm for about 3 months and only had about 3 shows during that time (which really affected getting more bookings and building on that 90 day rule), it pretty much killed my whole year. I truly wish there was a way to take a longer waiver. Yeah, my chances at the trip are shot and there's no way I'll earn it, but at this point, I'm just struggling to keep my directorship. They really should work a better "crisis" waiver into our requirements for longer than a one month waiver.

I hope you'll pull through! I'm still praying for your dad and your family.....

pamperedlinda said:
I'm working on it. I would need at least $750 to maintain my TL status and then hope that my team reaches thir $2500 w/o me....I hate the thought of not having $1250 to remain on the lead list too.

Linda, I'm sorry to hear about your dad's health issues. I will keep you both in my prayers. I know how hard that is and I know how hard is to leave your life and your business to care for a parent. A month after I promoted to D I went 1300 miles away to my mother's home to care for her in her last 2 months of life. Treasure the fact that you are able to do this for him. Your business may suck right now but it will still be there. You won't lose your job. That's the best thing about this.

I think the reason they don't give longer waivers is because they have found that in this business people find a way to get some sales if they want most of the time so a month is probably enough for a serious consultant. I was away 2 months but did manage the minimum sales in both months (and I had no internet in the backwoods of WI).

Remember that to stay in the lead system, you only need that $1250 in 3 of 4 months to stay on the lead list so if you miss it in September it's only one month. You can do this.

Take care of you too. It will all work out. You're doing the right thing.

bethcooks4u said:
Remember that to stay in the lead system, you only need that $1250 in 3 of 4 months to stay on the lead list so if you miss it in September it's only one month. You can do this.

That's good that there's at least this. This is what I told myself in July when I barely cleared $750 personally. Well, when it happened again in August, I panicked. Thank goodness I was still in the lead system because $452 in sales came from lead sales. Luckily I had a few small catalog shows to get me about $100 away. So, I was desperate not to miss another month of $1250 so for the FIRST time ever in my 6 years, I purchased some stuff myself. I figure I can use it for cash and carry stuff at booths.

Good luck, Linda!! Maybe some will do catalog shows! Get some of those nurses on board. I've had crappy health issues this year and I've taken advantage of that and trying to market to those I've come in contact with. Maybe some nurses would pass some catalogs around.

Hugs to you, Linda. Please remember in all of this that you can't do everything. You need to ask for the help that you need with your dad. And no matter what anyone says, they DO NOT know what you are going thru -- even if they say they have been there, every situation is different. Stay strong an know that you are not weak if you can't do it all.As for the business, I knew long ago that the new plan would cause a lot of havoc. I agree with Beth in that we have the ability to not really lose our jobs. You would have to put thru a lot of FMLA paperwork to get time off from a regular job.We have lost a lot of good Directors and upper level Directors. I myself have been on the fence since the plan was announced. I am giving it a year, but with my downline focus (and adding several new consultants in the last few months), I have lost my lead status. I had a very poor June (with $788 in sales) and $999 in July. I won't have leads back until sometime in October. It's harder and harder to balance the business for me. I am not even worried about reaching level 2 (which will be the first time since I started that I have not earned a trip).On top of all the rest, I am very put off by those selling online (not only e-bay, but Craigslist and Amazon--where they put on the site that they are Pampered Chef Consultants!! and HO lets it go on and on after multiple complaints).I am considering other options. Bottom line--I need to make an income. Putting our son thru college and saving for our retirement....I may be changing careers in the next few months -- changes are definately happening in this company!

Linda:

I am praying that the Lord will honor what you are doing with your Dad and bless your business for September. Keep in touch.

Nancy

(your leadership buddy)

I have very mixed emotions on the new plan. I do like it more than I hate it. It is harder to maintain your Title and Paid As when you have a smaller team. But I do think that the fact that you cannot lose your team outweighs alot of the other issues. If I don't get $1250 in sales this month I will lose my HO Leads - even though I have recruited 3 people in the past 3 months. Another ironic thing, by the end of the month I should have the team structure in place to regain my Director title - the only thing that will hold me back will be my sales and the $4K team sales. I can't stress about it now though. I can only hope that my team will stay strong and productive until I can get back into my business full-force.....how awesome would that be to come back to my biz as a Director? I'm so grateful that I have a wonderful SED who is taking care of my team for me while I am away.

Good luck Linda! I hope everything comes back together for you. I'm really struggling not to get discouraged myself. Things seem to keep getting worse instead of better but I'm still determined not to give up!! UGH!

Don't give up! You guys are awesome.

Linda, I applaud you for what you have been able to hang onto with PC. You are in the place where you need to be and that is with your Dad. Bless you many times over for returning unconditional love for your Dad.

One of my downline consultants carried a child full term and even though they knew there may be complications, they held their daughter as she passed away shortly after birth. Now, how does one jump back in the party mode after 30 days? She is rallying and realizes that she is moving on, but how do you set a clock for everyone to go by?

As I stated in Leggy's good bye thread...I could go on about the Career Plan not being "all it is cracked up to be". I realize the intentions are good ones, however, I now feel there is no question that I will NOT be able to transition to PC full time ever. It is too unstable. I love it for what it is but you really have to depend on people much much more.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
to you, my friend, and stay strong. We may not be able to have shows for you but we can support you as friends! Give your Dad a hug for me. I know I will probably be in your position much sooner than I ever want to be, but I would not be any other place than by my parents' side...just as they have been there for us all of these years.

What is the "Flaw in the "New" Program" at Pampered Chef?

The "Flaw in the "New" Program" at Pampered Chef refers to a problem with the company's new compensation program for its consultants. This program was designed to provide more opportunities for earning income, but it has been met with criticism and complaints from some consultants.

What is the main issue with the "Flaw in the "New" Program"?

The main issue with the "Flaw in the "New" Program" is that it has decreased the amount of commission that consultants earn from their sales. This has resulted in a decrease in income for some consultants, leading to frustration and dissatisfaction.

Why was the "Flaw in the "New" Program" implemented in the first place?

The "Flaw in the "New" Program" was implemented in an effort to increase overall sales and profitability for the company. It was also intended to provide more opportunities for consultants to earn bonuses and rewards. However, the implementation of the program has not been successful for all consultants.

How has Pampered Chef responded to the concerns about the "Flaw in the "New" Program"?

Pampered Chef has acknowledged the concerns and complaints about the "Flaw in the "New" Program" and has stated that they are working on addressing the issues. They have also offered additional training and resources for consultants to help them adjust to the changes in the program.

What can consultants do if they are not satisfied with the "Flaw in the "New" Program"?

If a consultant is not satisfied with the "Flaw in the "New" Program," they can reach out to their team leader or contact Pampered Chef directly to voice their concerns. They can also explore other options for earning income, such as hosting virtual parties or expanding their customer base.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crisbm103
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
ChefGwendolyn
  • PampMomof3
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
baychef
  • chefkugler