• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Firewalls and Antivirus Protection

In summary, a firewall is a security system that acts as a barrier between a trusted internal network and an untrusted external network. It monitors and controls network traffic based on security rules to prevent unauthorized access and malicious attacks. It protects your computer by analyzing network traffic and blocking potentially harmful connections. It is recommended to have both a firewall and antivirus software for maximum protection. You can customize the rules of your firewall and it is important to regularly update both your firewall and antivirus software to stay protected against new threats.
momoftwins
What software do you all use for antivirus and firewall??? My subscription is ending and I am looking at getting a different product. I currently use Norton but always download the upgrades. I have been having problems in the past if I have to reinstall something so am looking to either buy them with the 2008 version that has a disk or get something totally different. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks in advance!

I have comcast and they provide Macafee for free. So far so good. The last few years I bought Norton...

Norton is a royal pain in the behind!!!!I use AVG - it is free and works great.

AVG for me! And like she said, it's free :D

I have Norton 360. Tech Support was GREAT helping me to set it up on both computers. Never any problems!

the best antivirus
kcjodih said:
AVG for me! And like she said, it's free :D

My husband owns his own computer business. He puts AVG on all his clients computers. AVG keeps the virus away that the "big guys" you pay for can't.

AVG??? Where do you get it??? Do you just download it??

Related to Firewalls and Antivirus Protection

1. What is a firewall?

A firewall is a security system that acts as a barrier between a trusted internal network and an untrusted external network, such as the internet. It monitors and controls incoming and outgoing network traffic based on predetermined security rules, helping to prevent unauthorized access or malicious attacks.

2. How does a firewall protect my computer?

A firewall protects your computer by analyzing network traffic and blocking potentially harmful connections. It can prevent unauthorized access to your computer and also detect and block malicious software from entering your system.

3. Do I need a firewall if I have antivirus software?

Yes, it is recommended to have both a firewall and antivirus software for maximum protection. While antivirus software focuses on detecting and removing malicious software that has already entered your system, a firewall acts as a preventative measure by blocking potential threats from entering your network.

4. Can I customize the rules of my firewall?

Yes, most firewalls allow users to customize their security rules based on their specific needs. You can choose which applications and services are allowed to access the network, and also create exceptions for certain programs that may require specific network access.

5. How often should I update my firewall and antivirus software?

It is important to regularly update your firewall and antivirus software to ensure they have the most current protection against new and emerging threats. It is recommended to set up automatic updates or manually check for updates at least once a week.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
leftymac
  • hollye44
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Chefstover2