• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Switching from Icontact: Tips and Alternatives for Newsletter Email Services

In summary, CS recommends emailbrain, which is easy to use and has a good variety of email designs. TT is also good, but vertical response is similar and less expensive.
lovecookn
Gold Member
I am thinking I would like to cancel my icontact subscription. Before I do, I wanted to solicit your advice...Anything that you guys might want to share about your experiences? Things you wished you'd done differently or thought about before changing services?I am thinking that icontact is not really meeting my needs. I probably only send newsletters every other month at best. It is expensive. And I've had some issues with the whole opt-in process, and spam protection rules. (there is a recent thread where others discuss this.)Anyway, I want to switch to a different service....mostly something less expensive...or one where you pay only when you actually send an e-mail.So, I would love to hear what you've learned along the way! And which services besides icontact, that you like and why!Thank so much for your help!

I use emailbrain... Very happywith them

Why? What do you like?

I'm a not computer savy, but i found it easy to use, track my newsletter, etc

I have no personal experience with i contact.

I am only recently thinking about sending newsletters out. I have not subscribed to TT yet, and when i mentioned this to my husband he told me i do not have to spend money on it.

He is a computer expert and he has shown me 3 different programs that i can use to create my own newsletter and send the emails out. Since i am not great with letters and words i will not do my own newsletters, i'd rather pay TT and be done with it.
But as far as sending them out, the software he has recomennded i think will do the job for me. We already have a personal server that can host it, and since he knows what to do he'll maintain it for me.

For those who are interested in these free softwares.
Sending emails out using a server:
http://www.komando.com/downloads/category.aspx?id=2457

Sending out emails, no server needed:
http://www.komando.com/downloads/category.aspx?id=1639

And if you really want to create your own newsletter:
http://www.komando.com/downloads/category.aspx?id=2768

Hope this helps.

Zsuzsanna

WOW I love how CS puts the links in :thumbup:

I use: Myemaildesigns.com,very nicely done. My director recomended both to me.

Thanks for the info. I have used Mike's and Joy's and like them both. I am hoping to find a e-mail service that will work well with either and be much less than icontact and maybe even easier to use.:)

you don't have to use the opt-in on iContact. I bypass that entirely.

I used TT and then use vertical response to send them. its similar to icontact but you can get buy less emails than icontact.

DebbieJ said:
you don't have to use the opt-in on iContact. I bypass that entirely.

I don't use it either. If someone doesn't want the newsletter, they can unsubscribe. I used the opt-in once and the names just have gotten lost in the black-hole. Now I can never add them to my list.

Yes I have had similar problems with e-mail address I can never send to because of the opt-in thing. Some are my close friends. I have spent way too much time talking to icontact support and just feel I am way over paying. So I plan to cancel, find another service, save money, and I learned a lot from my icontact experience so I won't make the same mistakes!

So any others you guys like besides vertical response, and the brainemails???

Thanks so much!

1. What is iContact Alternative?

Icontact Alternative is a contact management and email marketing software that helps businesses of all sizes to easily manage their contacts and send targeted email campaigns. It offers similar features to iContact but with more affordable pricing options.

2. How does iContact Alternative differ from iContact?

While both iContact and iContact Alternative offer contact management and email marketing services, iContact Alternative has more flexible pricing plans and a user-friendly interface. It also offers additional features such as social media integration and advanced reporting.

3. Can I import my contacts from iContact to iContact Alternative?

Yes, you can easily import your contacts from iContact to iContact Alternative. Our software offers a seamless transfer process to ensure that all your contacts and data are accurately transferred.

4. Is there a free trial for iContact Alternative?

Yes, iContact Alternative offers a free trial for all new users. This allows you to test out our software and see if it meets your business needs before committing to a subscription.

5. How does the pricing for iContact Alternative compare to iContact?

The pricing for iContact Alternative is more affordable compared to iContact. We offer different pricing plans to fit the needs and budget of businesses of all sizes. Additionally, our plans have no hidden fees or long-term contracts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CMe4PC
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
CMe4PC
  • cookingwithlove
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
Humble Beginnings
  • pc_momof3