• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Filing Taxes for Military Families with Pampered Chef Incomes

In summary, being in the military does not directly affect taxes for families with Pampered Chef incomes. However, there are potential tax deductions and credits available for military families, such as deductions for business expenses and moving expenses. As a Pampered Chef consultant, you will need to pay self-employment taxes on your income. This can be reported on Schedule C of your tax return. Additionally, there may be tax breaks for military families with Pampered Chef incomes, such as tax-free combat pay and the Earned Income Tax Credit.
jewell87
Hello I am looking for information on filing our Taxes. I started with Pampered Chef in october 2009, and made less than $600, so do i still need to claim this on our federal return? We are military overseas, so customers don't pay sales tax. What do i need to do? thanks!

Re: TaxesYes, you are still supposed to claim it. I was in the same boat this year. I still put it on our return, along with business expenses. I don't know if they would ever catch it if you didn't, but according to the info on CC, we are still responsible for reporting it to the IRS, even if they didn't send us a 1099. If you go on to Consultants Corner under Tax info, it will tell you how much you made, even though you didn't get a 1099.

Re: TaxesYou can see your 1099 on CC, they just don't mail you a physical copy if you made less than $600.

1. How does being in the military affect taxes for families with Pampered Chef incomes?

Being in the military does not have a direct impact on taxes for families with Pampered Chef incomes. However, there may be certain tax deductions and credits available for military families that can help lower their taxable income.

2. Do Pampered Chef consultants need to pay self-employment taxes?

Yes, as a Pampered Chef consultant, you are considered self-employed and will need to pay self-employment taxes. This includes Social Security and Medicare taxes, as well as any applicable state and federal income taxes.

3. Are there any tax deductions for Pampered Chef consultants in the military?

Yes, there are several tax deductions that may be available for Pampered Chef consultants in the military. This includes deductions for business expenses, such as product inventory, travel expenses for Pampered Chef events, and home office expenses.

4. How do I report my Pampered Chef income on my tax return?

Pampered Chef income should be reported on Schedule C of your tax return as self-employment income. You will also need to report any business expenses on this form to calculate your taxable income.

5. Are there any tax breaks for military families with Pampered Chef incomes?

Yes, there may be certain tax breaks available for military families with Pampered Chef incomes. These may include deductions for moving expenses, tax-free combat pay, and the Earned Income Tax Credit for lower-income families.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• E R
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • Luthergrad
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies