• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Fiesta Chili Mac Recipe from More Weekday Dinners Done Collection

In summary, the recipe for the Fiesta Chili Mac is from the More weekday dinners done recipe card collection. You need 1 med onion, 1 lb 90% lean ground beef, 1 tsp chili pwd, 1 tsp ground cumin, 1/2 tsp salt, 8 oz uncooked penne pasta, 1 can (14.5 oz) beef broth, 1 1/2 cups chunky salsa, 1 med green bell pepper, 1 cup frozen corn, thawed, 1 cup (4 oz) shredded cheddar cheese, divisible into 6 servings. You can substitute a green bell pepper for a red bell pepper, and either water or beef broth can be added to make up the desired amount of liquid.
colesmom
Does anyone have the recipe for the Fiesta Chili Mac. It is from the More weekday dinners done recipe card collection. I have made it several times but I've misplaced the recipe card.

Thanks

Check under the toaster. LOL, that's where my Mom's recipe cards used to hide after she'd used them a lot.

In the meantime - heres the recipe
1 med onion
1 lb 90% lean ground beef
1 tsp chili pwd
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt
8 oz uncooked penne pasta
1 can (14.5 oz) beef broth
1 1/2 cups chunky salsa
1 med green bell pepper
1 cup frozen corn, thawed
1 cup (4 oz) shredded cheddar cheese, div

Coarsely chop onion using Food Chopper. In DCB, combine onion, beef, chili pwd, cumin, and salt; mix well. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 7-9 mins or until beef is no longer pink, breaking into crumbles halfway through using Mix 'N chop. Add pasta, broth and salsa to beef mixture; mix well. Cover; microwave on HIGH 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, dice bell pepper using Chef's knife. Add bell pepper and corn to baker; mix well. Microwave covered on HIGH 7-9 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in 3/4 cup of the cheese. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; cover and let stand 5 minutes.

Yield: 6 servings.

Thank You for the recipe

No problem!! I'm glad I got a chance to go over the recipe - I'm thinking now that it'll be super easy to make and I may try it out!

Sounds good and looks worth a try this week! Funny, I have all these DCB recipes and I stick with the same ones cuz they are soooo good!

I am making this for a show tonight for the first time, didn't get to try it beforehand, does anyone have any tips on this recipe or is it pretty good as is? I am thinking of subbing southwest seasoning, would that work?

So you dont have to cook the pasta first??

No, you cook it right in the baker, just like the penne al fresca!

I made this last week, or so, and it was great. Super easy. I think you could definitely substitute the sw seasoning but it won't have the kick the cumin gives.

And, yes, you put in uncooked pasta. It cooks while the it's on the stove.

I forgot...don't use a green pepper, use a red or other color. Green one's aren't ripe! That's why you get indigestion. Let your guests know "don't go green with your peppers!"

pchockeymom said:
I forgot...don't use a green pepper, use a red or other color. Green one's aren't ripe! That's why you get indigestion. Let your guests know "don't go green with your peppers!"

Oh shoot, she already got the green one!
Is it enough liquid w/ the can of beef broth and the salsa to cook without it getting dry?

Also, this calls for half a box of pasta, can I add the whole box and an extra can of broth?

pchockeymom said:

:confused: Huh? I've never heard that before. I use green bell peppers all the time and have never had a problem.

pchockeymom said:

Do you mean that they are currently not in season? Please elaborate or at least tell us where you got this info. Thanks!

babywings76 said:
:confused: Huh? I've never heard that before. I use green bell peppers all the time and have never had a problem.

Some people can't tolerate peppers and that's usually the reason why, that is why they are cheaper than the red peppers because they are not "ripened"

chefsteph07 said:
Also, this calls for half a box of pasta, can I add the whole box and an extra can of broth?

When I made it I think I used almost a whole box and added a little extra liquid-I think I added water. Its been a while.

I'd try and just use the 1/2 box and 1 can of broth since you've never made it before. I wouldn't want you to overfill the DCB and have a mess on your hands. Maybe someone else has some better advice.

pctharper said:
When I made it I think I used almost a whole box and added a little extra liquid-I think I added water. Its been a while.

I'd try and just use the 1/2 box and 1 can of broth since you've never made it before. I wouldn't want you to overfill the DCB and have a mess on your hands. Maybe someone else has some better advice.

Ok thanks, I know the baker will hold a whole box of pasta, so I may just add it and some extra broth. Thanks for the advice!:)

If you've got green pepper and guests tend to have issues... add a little grated ginger. Does the trick each time.

chefsteph07 said:
Some people can't tolerate peppers and that's usually the reason why, that is why they are cheaper than the red peppers because they are not "ripened"
Exactly. Green peppers are just unripened peppers. I cannot eat green peppers at all - they make me sick. I'm fine with red, yellow, orange peppers. Love them, and eat them all the time!

I found this out from my recruiter who used to live in Norway. They don't even sell green peppers in Norway because they're unripe peppers! It's a GREAT tip to give at shows because most people go "Oh! I always wondered why I get heartburn/indigestion from....but never associated it with the peppers."

I love telling guests at my shows about green peppers not being ripe peppers. That is why red peppers are more expensive. They are sweeter because they stay on the vine longer.

pkd09 said:
I love telling guests at my shows about green peppers not being ripe peppers. That is why red peppers are more expensive. They are sweeter because they stay on the vine longer.

I always knew this was why green peppers were so cheap, it's quick turn around on growing them! But I never knew about causing indegestion. Never have a problem with that.

1. What is Fiesta Chili Mac?

Fiesta Chili Mac is a delicious one-pot meal made with ground beef, macaroni, beans, and a blend of spices. It's a hearty and flavorful dish that is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner.

2. How do I make Fiesta Chili Mac?

To make Fiesta Chili Mac, you will need ground beef, macaroni, canned beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and a variety of spices. Brown the ground beef, then add in the macaroni and other ingredients. Let it simmer until the macaroni is cooked through and the flavors are well combined.

3. Can I make Fiesta Chili Mac in advance?

Yes, Fiesta Chili Mac can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Simply reheat it in the microwave or on the stovetop when ready to eat.

4. Can I customize the ingredients in Fiesta Chili Mac?

Absolutely! Feel free to add in any additional vegetables, like bell peppers or corn, to make it your own. You can also adjust the amount of spices to your liking.

5. Is Fiesta Chili Mac suitable for special dietary needs?

Fiesta Chili Mac can easily be made gluten-free by using gluten-free macaroni. You can also make it vegetarian by omitting the ground beef and using vegetable broth instead of beef broth. It can also be made dairy-free by using a dairy-free cheese alternative or omitting the cheese altogether.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Hunter Mom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
yankfan24
  • kcmckay
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • cincychef