• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Feeling Blue? Treat Yourself to a Pint of Haagen-Dazs

In summary, the person has been in a meloncoly mood for no reason whatsoever and decided to eat a pint of haagen dazs. They then had a reaction to a new pill and their "aura" kept getting worse until they finally ate something. They then recounted their favorite desserts and one of them was a chocolate malt from Culver's.
Laura420
ok, ever been in just a meloncoly mood for no reason whatsoever...

I am, and decided to eat a pint of haagen dazs... :(

have you ever?

Food won't solve anything...but as long as you know that...

brownie mix is way better. :)

Hope you feel better soon.

I can (and do, unfortunately) eat for MANY reasons...boredom, happiness, sadness, worry, just blah, etc.

I have been in your shoes!

life is great... dont get me wrong... just feel blah...

Laura420 said:
life is great... dont get me wrong... just feel blah...

Been there! Is is PMS time?

no just got over it... wierd! ahhhh, but on new pill tho????

---its normal--we all have those---ok--all day I am stuck--battery not working in my car---uggh I just want one SCOOP of ice cream--ONE SCOOP---Please tell me what kind did you eat? My favorites are Greaters (OH)-and Hoffmans(nj)

That could be it!

...or you are just in a blah mood! (like your icon!)

Im eating cookies and cream!

Laura420 said:

call the DR-In the am they like to hear how it is going---or NOT---

I just ate Vanilla Breyers with PB/maple syrup/marshmallow fluff mixture (discussed this on a different thread) as my topping. YUM!

Im about half way through... and I think im getting full tho...

I don't usually go for ice cream. But I can empty an entire bag of Goldfish Crackers by myself w/in an hour!!

I have also been able to eat an entire pizza in one day!! MMMMMMM!!!!!

Laura420 said:
Im about half way through... and I think im getting full tho...

Stop and put it away! That way you can savor it another day too!

GLAD WE COULD JOIN YOU---lol I have toppings----stop by--

Laura420 said:

I had a reaction to a new pill that the dct put me on when I came off of Depo. I actually had an "aura"?! I couldn't see anything in my "focus" vision. I could see everything in my perephrial (sp) but I couldn't focus on anything. Then I had this rainbow prism arch to the left that I couldn't get rid of. I FREAKED!!! I couldn't see!!!

I would have so much rather wanted to eat ice cream.

But yes, like Morfia said, call the dct and let them know.

I love peanut butter swirl icecream with hot fudge, marshmellows and crushed up peanut butter cups!

oh, and I love buffalo and blue cheese collision Doritos with sharp white cheddar cheese too!

pampered.chris said:
I had a reaction to a new pill that the dct put me on when I came off of Depo. I actually had an "aura"?! I couldn't see anything in my "focus" vision. I could see everything in my perephrial (sp) but I couldn't focus on anything. Then I had this rainbow prism arch to the left that I couldn't get rid of. I FREAKED!!! I couldn't see!!!

I would have so much rather wanted to eat ice cream.

But yes, like Morfia said, call the dct and let them know.

I had Depo for a few years but it raised my BP and being overweight already didn't help. But once I came off it and almost a year later I was prego (which was good!) but now on the IUD no problems......I just LOVE to eat!!! :love:

I too am in that blah mood right now. I had a buffalo chicken dip at a book party earlier now I think its heartburn! ha ha
Enjoy the ice cream!!!!:balloon:

UMMM, maybe Im just hungry!

you know what, I think Bryers makes a way better cookies and cream than this haagen! Bryers uses OREOS! oh man, lets not even bring those UP!!! ahhhhhhhh you guys!

Can I join the feeding frenzy? A chocolate malt from Culver's is calling my name!

I just finished some vanilla ice cream with chopped-up oreos in top (in my HWC pink & white dotted cup :))

guys! you are too funny... I knew if I said I was blue, I could count on you guys to cheer me up... and Im new here! you guys are the best!

Well, you just mention "ice cream" or "chocolate" and most of us are on board with ya!

i went to Anne's cake party---mmmm calorie free---

LOL! I love food, just the mere mention of food and Im off on a tangent! Im Italian, food is what we do!

Cake party? I missed this one. Where's that? The pineapple upside down cake thread?

I understand that mood, our newest kitten has been missing since Friday, all the kids are gone & I'm just sad :( I don't normally eat desserts, but today my DD made molten lava cakes for our oldest who came home to get more stuff for college,
He filled the rubbermaid to take back and left one so DH was eating it after our walk, i had some of his cake, my own bowl of vanilla bean ice cream, followed by chips and hot sauce I had made for dinner, then my mouth was on fire and came in my office and started munching on Planters dry roasted peanuts. all in the span of 30 minutes (& no, I'm not pregnant just lonely i guess)But, I haven't had an appetite since Friday when we left one son in Houston so i guess my "binge" is ok.

Sorry you're sad, Teresa, and hope you find your kitten!

I'm a dessert person and will eat for any reason - LOL!

I'm PMS'ing.....but usually what I crave is SALT!

So, yesterday, for dinner, I made Chicken & Veggie Potstickers (frozen from Costco - sooo good!) and dipped them in Soy Sauce. I had a little cup of the sauce, and when I was done, I had some left....so I drank it!:eek:

Then, although I don't crave sweets - DH and DS were having dessert, so I had to have some too......Schwan's Cinnamon Ice Cream w/ Hot Fudge and Caramel Sprinkles. That was really good!:thumbup:

1. What is "Feeling Blue"?

"Feeling Blue" is a colloquial term used to describe a state of sadness or melancholy without a specific cause or trigger.

2. Why do people turn to food, like Haagen-Dazs, when feeling blue?

Food, especially comfort foods like ice cream, can provide a temporary sense of pleasure and distraction from negative emotions. It can also trigger the release of feel-good chemicals in the brain, providing a brief boost in mood.

3. Is there any scientific evidence to support the idea of comfort foods improving mood?

Yes, studies have shown that consuming comfort foods can activate the brain's reward system and lead to a temporary improvement in mood. However, this effect is short-lived and does not address the underlying cause of the negative emotions.

4. Can eating a pint of Haagen-Dazs actually make me feel better?

In the short term, it may provide a temporary sense of comfort and pleasure. However, in the long term, relying on food to cope with negative emotions can lead to unhealthy eating habits and potential weight gain.

5. What are some healthier ways to cope with "Feeling Blue"?

Some healthier alternatives to using food as a coping mechanism include talking to a trusted friend or therapist, engaging in physical activity, practicing relaxation techniques, and finding healthy outlets for emotions such as journaling or creative expression.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
NooraK
  • kam
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Becca_in_MD
  • blueberrylady
  • General Chat
Replies