• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Surprise Delivery: Fedex Drops off Microwave Chip Maker & Cookbook!

In summary, the chip maker worked well and the cookbook is almost the same size as the SB. The recipes look easy enough and there are a variety of them. The chip maker is definitely something I want to try.
cincychef said:
Now I can't figure out how to reset my microwave :( and my husband is out of town until Friday. Grrr, I wanted to play with the chip maker some more. Plus I use the microwave every day with 4 small kids. I have never had this problem cooking with the DCB!

Silly thought likely, but have you tried unplugging the microwave for a few minutes and then plugging it back in?

Tried mine last night with red potatoes, sliced on 1, salt on one side, took 6 mins for two trays and they were amazing!

I would think that zucchini would have way too much water content, but it's always fun to give it a try. I'm curious if other veggies would work, such as those veggie chips you can buy--what are in those? Beets? Turnips? Rutabega?

pc_cindy said:
Silly thought likely, but have you tried unplugging the microwave for a few minutes and then plugging it back in?

It's not a silly idea, it is an over the range microwave and I can't get to the plug until my hubby gets home. Hopefully that works, I don't want to go without a microwave for any longer. I am lost without my rice cooker, DCB and now the chip maker. It isn't in our budget right now to get a new microwave.

cincychef said:
It's not a silly idea, it is an over the range microwave and I can't get to the plug until my hubby gets home. Hopefully that works, I don't want to go without a microwave for any longer. I am lost without my rice cooker, DCB and now the chip maker. It isn't in our budget right now to get a new microwave.

yea you can... trip the circuit breaker.. :)

colegrovet said:

LOL! Excellent idea!

colegrovet said:

I did that last night! Nothing. I am wondering if there is a safety button on the outlet that needs to be reset. I can't get to that without taking the microwave doen.

Yay!!!!! I finally got mine today....can't wait to pick up some potatoes and try it out!!! Any suggestions?

pchefgagnon said:
Yay!!!!! I finally got mine today....can't wait to pick up some potatoes and try it out!!! Any suggestions?

yes - read the thread. There are a ton of suggestions here. Enjoy!

I haven't gotten my cookbook yet. I made chips last night, buffalo for the first batch and the new smoky applewood for the 2nd batch. I'm impressed!

Think I figured some things out about the apple chips. In my microwave the sweeter the apple the more likely it was to turn out more like dried apples (kind of leathery); the tarter the apple the crispier the chip. Also, I didn't mention this before, but if your microwave is too small for the MCM to fit on your turntable (mine is) place a plate in the microwave and set the MCM on top of it. It works fine. Just remember that the MCM and the plate will both be hot.

Help me LIKE the chip maker! I've made 2 batches of potato's. Not impressed. Crisp yes, but to me tasted like eating a raw potato. Are the ones who like them spraying them with oil before cooking? I didn't.

Tried green apple last night and wasn't a fan of that either. I really want to like this.

Here's something I found on-line for what looks to be the same chip maker:
Orka Chips Maker

What It Is: The Orka Chips Maker is a specially designed silicone tray that helps you make crispy, fat-free chips in your microwave.

Why We Like It: Potato chips? Fat free? These trays deliver on the promise in less than 5 minutes so what's not to like? Use the mini-mandolin included in the kit (or your own mandolin) to very thinly (1 mm) slice root veggies or fruits, such as potatoes, beets, apples, or pears. For sure, this is a low-end mandoline, but you'll only need about 12 to 15 slices for one tray, which is about 1/4 of a medium potato, so the mandoline doesn't prove problematic. Place the slices in a single layer on the tray, sprinkle with salt or a salt seasoning if desired, and microwave on high, then let cool a minute or two. That's all there is to delicate, crisp snacks that you needn't feel guilty about eating. This seems like magic, and it kinda is. We liked the crispy results of white potatoes best. The directions come with approximate microwave timings for different foods, but you may need to adjust them up or down based on how fast your microwave cooks (start with 15 second increments). We like that the tray has some good additional uses: micro-reheating pizza or quiche, and drying aromatic herbs.Details: There are two models of the Orka Chips Maker by Mastrad. The A64601 kit consists of one tray and a mini-mandoline with safety guard. The second (A64501) has 2 stackable silicone trays only. Dishwasher safe. Both retail for $20 each. Available in May at amazon.com.

Orka Chips Maker : Kitchen GadgetGals

Last edited:
If you don't like the plain chips, a very light sprinkling of salt might help. The Furry Guy has suggested that garlic salt might be good.

Mine came today. I just made a couple of batches (from one small potato! Talk about frugal snacking!). YUMMMMM!!! But I think I tweaked a bit, based on things I've read others doing.Sliced potatoes with Simple Slicer on #1 setting (that thing feels cheap to me. I'll use my UM more I'm sure)
Placed slices on paper towel and then blotted.
I lightly spritzed with oil with Kitchen Spritzer
Sprinkled light amount of salt. First batch, I added fresh ground pepper as well.
Placed slices on chipmaker.
Cooked ONE tray - 5 minutes in MY microwave.
YUMMMMM Loved the flavor of salt/pepper.Tried second batch with Smoky Applewood BBQ rub. Not as strong a BBQ flavor, but I'll keep experimenting.They were very tasty to me. And I am thinking I may make a batch and take them to my WW leader. These would be AWESOME for someone watching the points/calories! I think from the one small potato (it was just a bit smaller than the food holder in the slicer) - I made about 36 slices! Definitely enough to get your crunch-attack taken care of.

Finally got mine! WooHoo! My microwave must cook fast. It only took 3 1/2 minutes for a single tray. I pretty much burned the first batch, since I didn't know this. But, the second batch was very good. The 3rd, I put buffalo rub on an they were pretty spicy but good.

The important thing to remember if you're seasoning them is that the flavors will concentrate. Use sparingly.

<h2>1. What is a Microwave Chip Maker?</h2><p>A Microwave Chip Maker is a kitchen tool designed to make homemade chips quickly and easily in the microwave. It typically consists of a tray with slots to hold and slice vegetables or fruits into thin, even slices.</p><h2>2. How does the Microwave Chip Maker work?</h2><p>The Microwave Chip Maker works by thinly slicing vegetables or fruits and then placing them on the tray. The tray is then placed in the microwave and the chips are cooked until they become crispy and golden brown.</p><h2>3. What is the Cookbook for a Cause 2?</h2><p>The Cookbook for a Cause 2 is a cookbook created by Pampered Chef that features recipes for using the Microwave Chip Maker. It also supports a charitable cause, with a portion of the proceeds going towards a selected organization.</p><h2>4. Can I use the Microwave Chip Maker for other types of food?</h2><p>Yes, the Microwave Chip Maker can be used for a variety of foods such as potatoes, sweet potatoes, apples, zucchini, and more.</p><h2>5. Is the Microwave Chip Maker easy to clean?</h2><p>Yes, the Microwave Chip Maker is dishwasher safe and can also be easily hand washed with warm soapy water. It is recommended to clean it immediately after use to prevent food from hardening on the tray.</p>

1. What is a Microwave Chip Maker?

A Microwave Chip Maker is a kitchen tool designed to make homemade chips quickly and easily in the microwave. It typically consists of a tray with slots to hold and slice vegetables or fruits into thin, even slices.

2. How does the Microwave Chip Maker work?

The Microwave Chip Maker works by thinly slicing vegetables or fruits and then placing them on the tray. The tray is then placed in the microwave and the chips are cooked until they become crispy and golden brown.

3. What is the Cookbook for a Cause 2?

The Cookbook for a Cause 2 is a cookbook created by Pampered Chef that features recipes for using the Microwave Chip Maker. It also supports a charitable cause, with a portion of the proceeds going towards a selected organization.

4. Can I use the Microwave Chip Maker for other types of food?

Yes, the Microwave Chip Maker can be used for a variety of foods such as potatoes, sweet potatoes, apples, zucchini, and more.

5. Is the Microwave Chip Maker easy to clean?

Yes, the Microwave Chip Maker is dishwasher safe and can also be easily hand washed with warm soapy water. It is recommended to clean it immediately after use to prevent food from hardening on the tray.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heatherbug737
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
Replies
Views
StephsKitchen
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003