• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Surprise Delivery: Fedex Drops off Microwave Chip Maker & Cookbook!

In summary, the chip maker worked well and the cookbook is almost the same size as the SB. The recipes look easy enough and there are a variety of them. The chip maker is definitely something I want to try.
tiggerhale
Gold Member
HI!
My fedex guy usually is never here before 4pm - so I was a bit surprised to see him at 11 w/a small box. Inside were the Microwave Chip Maker & Cookbook for a Cause 2.

YAHOOOOO!

Wanted to let ya'll know they were being delivered...I wonder who will get theirs next??

I hope it's MEEEEEEE!!!! I want to make chips! lol

Yeah!!! That would make it a good day!

My Fed Ex guy has already come & gone, BUT maybe tomorrow!!! :D

Cool! What is the cookbook like? is it small like the SB? Since it cost $3 I am hoping it is a little more hefty....

Well, I've made 2 batches of potato chips so far - each were done in 6 minutes! Double stacked! Instructions say 8-9 but I guess it depends on your microwave. First was salt; 2nd Buffalo Rub! And all from 1 medium potato!!Cookbook is almost exactly the same size as the SB. There are 24 pages to SB's 32. BUT all of the interior pages are glossy and in full color. 10 recipes:
Tarelles (Vanilla Cookies)
Randy's Blueberry-Lemon Scones
Shellfish Fra Diavolo
Prune Cake
Libby Nims' Momma's Chicken Pie
The Duggar's Taco Soup
The Best Turkey Meatballs Ever (and a Nice Sauce)
Kate's Chicken Corn Soup
Texas Chili
Georgetown Cupcake Caramel Apple CupcakesAn interesting variety of recipes - and they look easy enough with more traditional techniques.

I'm jealous!

Thanks for the heads up. My ears will perk up any time I hear a hint of a delivery truck out there.

Glad to hear the chip maker worked well for you. Can't wait to try it!

Thanks for the info on the book. I think the chip maker will make a really nice quick way to demonstrate the maker as well as a few rubs at a show. I will likely just bring my own potato with me. Oh and showing the mandoline or the simple slicer too!

I cant wait to get mine - I have already been promoting a new show for Fall -
CHIPS, DIPS & SIPS TASTING SHOW: Let me bring the Pantry to you as we get to sample luscious tastes from all over the world, with the help of chicken, veggies, chips, dips and you prepare the SIPS!

I will do the chicken in the DCB or grill pan and utilize the wedgers and slicers and pantry items as well as the chip maker!! WAHHOOO!!:balloon:

I woke up this morning thinking about that chip maker. lol. GET HERE ALREADLY!!!

I want mine!!! I just dug my sweet potatoes... I want to make some chips out of some of them...

tiggerhale said:
Well, I've made 2 batches of potato chips so far - each were done in 6 minutes! Double stacked! Instructions say 8-9 but I guess it depends on your microwave. First was salt; 2nd Buffalo Rub! And all from 1 medium potato!!

How'd they taste?? Were they crispy?

I got BOTH of mine this morning!!! Off to the store to buy potatoes and apples.

Does anyone know what type of potato works best in the chip maker....or does any type work. Want to make sure I have some on hand for when it arrives

I used yellow potatoes - just b/c that was what we had on hand.The salt chips were good - perhaps a tad salty for my taste. I had used the grinder so not too much control over where the salt went. The Buffalo ones definitely had a kick! :) I think I liked those better than just the plain ones. I only put the rub on one side and they still had enough flavor IMHO. We usually eat tortilla chips and don't usually eat a lot of regular potato chips. My son finished the rest of the 2nd batch when he came home from school - he loves spicy things anyway :) I think I might like a New or Red Potato better or some Russet...cannot wait to try the apples or the Sweet Potatoes. I think those would have great flavor!

otisbg said:
I cant wait to get mine - I have already been promoting a new show for Fall -
CHIPS, DIPS & SIPS TASTING SHOW: Let me bring the Pantry to you as we get to sample luscious tastes from all over the world, with the help of chicken, veggies, chips, dips and you prepare the SIPS!

I will do the chicken in the DCB or grill pan and utilize the wedgers and slicers and pantry items as well as the chip maker!! WAHHOOO!!:balloon:

I love this idea! Have you done one yet? How are you presenting it to the hosts?

I have not done one yet - I am doing one next week, without the new Fall stuff....I am doing chicken in the grill pan. I will wedge veggies & fruit and make a yogurt dip with spinkles for the fruit and a savory dill dip for the veggies (using the cool n serve). I am doing cubed pound cake and some dessert sauces and then savory sauces to dip the chicken breasts in. My host is making sangria! I think I will also do a pineapple-kiwi salsa and ask her to get tortilla chips. If the grill pan wasnt on special, I would do the chicken in the DCB, make chips with the chip maker and simple slicer and also make dips. I like this idea much better than doing a major recipe. Will let you know how it works out:angel:

I used red potatoes and made salt and BBQ chips, the kids are eating them faster than I can make them!

cincychef said:
I used red potatoes and made salt and BBQ chips, the kids are eating them faster than I can make them!

That sounds fabulous! :)

We love ours crisper!! I've done russet potatoes and gala apples! The more you make the shorter the time. We did tons of potato crisps this afternoon and a double batch was only taking about 6 minutes when we got to our 3rd or 4th batch. This rocks!!

grgann said:
Thanks for the info on the book. I think the chip maker will make a really nice quick way to demonstrate the maker as well as a few rubs at a show. I will likely just bring my own potato with me. Oh and showing the mandoline or the simple slicer too!

Apple slices...with some of our dessert toppings?!?!?!?!

I can't wait to get mine--was hoping it would arrive today, but now it won't be till at least Tuesday.

Did anyone else get the chip maker with no Cookbook for a Cause?? I got just the chip maker today??

mscharf said:
Did anyone else get the chip maker with no Cookbook for a Cause?? I got just the chip maker today??

Did you earn one, plus get one in your Director's package? I thought at first that I didn't get the cookbook, but then I realized I'd gotten 2 different packages - one was for the director's pkg (which is the one I opened first) and the other one was the earned one for sellathon. The cookbook was in the 2nd one.

I just received my cookbook for a cause in the mail. Still waiting for my chip maker :(

I used red potatoes and salt and they were delish. I think they tasted like pringles??? then we made then with the BBQ rub and they were too spicy.

You guys really make me wish I had ordered the chip maker!!

haven't gotten mine yet...ugh...earned it in sellathon and my director package..and I'm in Ohio and usually get my stuff right away being so close...hmmmmmmm
My kids are waiting to make chips...come on!!! lol

kreaser said:
haven't gotten mine yet...ugh...earned it in sellathon and my director package..and I'm in Ohio and usually get my stuff right away being so close...hmmmmmmm
My kids are waiting to make chips...come on!!! lol

It's because they shipped them smartpost. :(

Karlene - I got mine yesterday here in Ohio - made my second batch of chips and am totally in love with the chipmaker and the simple slicer ( am not a mandolin fan). I just used fresh ground Himalayan salt and decided we liked them sliced on setting 2 rather than setting 1 - but both were very tasty..
:p

I made some today - i used russet potatoes and a granny smith apple. Thought they were tasty (amazingly enough) and I used a little garlic parm oil dipping seasoning on them. Found salt was necessary even with the seasoning. The apples did not crisp up for me even with extra time but were more like dehydrated apples.

For a show, I think I would prefer a second chip maker (which I think I have coming from my directors set) and make a few trays ahead of time since I don't think it holds much. I know its just for a tasting but still feel a few more are needed.

I used the simple slicer. Next time going to try with my UM since I don't want to use the SS nor take it to the shows. I book tons of shows bc of the UM or sell them at full price. Hoping it will work with the UM.

I got mine on Saturday and tried chips last night.

I am having trouble with them turning out right when I put a seasoning on. I used the applewood and they ended up tasting burnt.

ANy tips?

Also, which setting are you guys using the simple slicer on? I know it recommends setting 1, but my husband thought they were too thin.

ChefBeckyD said:
Did you earn one, plus get one in your Director's package? I thought at first that I didn't get the cookbook, but then I realized I'd gotten 2 different packages - one was for the director's pkg (which is the one I opened first) and the other one was the earned one for sellathon. The cookbook was in the 2nd one.

Stamping my feet and whining loudly!! :cry: :mad: :grumpy: :cry:

I still don't have anything here. No SAT or director chip makers or cookbook. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. So not fair! The OP lives in NC so why don't I have mine??

Okay, that's out of my system -temper tantrum over. ...but it will be back if that stuff isn't delivered tomorrow!! And then I'll be calling to have them check the tracking.

Question: the OP said it came fed ex and others are saying "smart"post. So which way is it coming? Either way mine won't come today anymore. Mail's already here and fed ex doesn't deliver on Monday.

I don't have mine yet either....or my skinny-mini....or my gas card.... :(

BethCooks4U said:
Stamping my feet and whining loudly!! :cry: :mad: :grumpy: :cry:

I still don't have anything here. No SAT or director chip makers or cookbook. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. So not fair! The OP lives in NC so why don't I have mine??

Okay, that's out of my system -temper tantrum over. ...but it will be back if that stuff isn't delivered tomorrow!! And then I'll be calling to have them check the tracking.

Question: the OP said it came fed ex and others are saying "smart"post. So which way is it coming? Either way mine won't come today anymore. Mail's already here and fed ex doesn't deliver on Monday.

Mine were handed to me by my U.S. Mail Carrier. Definitely not Fed-Ex here. I'm SURE yours will be delivered tomorrow, Beth - can you try track it? You know though that with Smartpost (that's how mine were shipped) it can go to the ends of the earth and back again before it's delivered. That's why smartpost is so dumb. :(

ChefBeckyD said:
Mine were handed to me by my U.S. Mail Carrier. Definitely not Fed-Ex here. I'm SURE yours will be delivered tomorrow, Beth - can you try track it? You know though that with Smartpost (that's how mine were shipped) it can go to the ends of the earth and back again before it's delivered. That's why smartpost is so dumb. :(

No I can't track it and believe me I have tried. I call this mail delivery system S.L.O.W.post. It is rediculous. PC must be getting an awesome deal on the cost but it sure is painful for us. Ugggggg.

My chip maker came on Saturday, and I immediately sent DH to the store to get potatoes. After playing with it for over an hour, I ended up with a half of a bowl of potato chips. OK, we did eat some as they were cooked, but it seemed far too labor intensive to be worthwhile. I can just imagine the comments I'd hear at a show if I tried to demo it.

But wait! There's more.

After awhile, I got the hang of it. I realized that it's easier to do one rack at a time, letting it cook for 4 minutes. While that rack is cooking, I'd slice exactly 15 pieces of potato, blot them, lightly season, then place them on the second rack. When the first rack was done, the second went in, and so on. Although the directions say you can do two at once, you still have to rotate the trays every two minutes, which gets annoying.

Some observations: don't bother peeling the potatoes. It doesn't make any difference. I tried using the kitchen spritizer but saw no difference with that either. Salted both sides on one batch then just one side on another batch. They tasted the same. It's important that the potatoes cool before putting them in the bowl. I found a few that were soggy because the warmth created steam in between the chips. We got tired of eating them, and left the rest of them until the next day. They tasted much better the second day, maybe because there was no work involved.

The bottom line? They will never replace Lays in my book, but they are acceptable if you are looking for healthier chips, and taste 100% better than the baked chips on the market.

I'm not giving up on it, though. We bought a sweet potato yesterday to try out. Maybe we'll get to it later.

wahoo...mine just arrived! Now I need to get a potato!

Has anyone made apple chips that are crunchy?

cincychef said:
Has anyone made apple chips that are crunchy?

I have! I discovered that they took longer than the directions. You have to watch them to make sure they don't burn - but I'd say a double decker batch of them took around 7 minutes. That was using the 1 setting, and I cored them with the apple corer before slicing them. But they were AMAZING!

Oh - also make sure you slice, then press out extra moisture with a paper towel.

Ok so I called HO. They said it's at my local PO scheduled to be delivered sometime this week. Ugh. So, I HAD called the PO earlier this afternoon and they "didn't have it". So, I went over there and they looked again and came back with the explaination that fed ex smart post is a drop ship and there are two palates back there but there's no way to know if and where among all that my package might be. She said they should know by morning. So I may or may not have it tomorrow.

When the OP (who lives in the same state as me) got hers on THURSDAY I thought I'd have mine by Friday so I bought my potatoes. Now when I finally get it almost a week later I hope the ones that are left are still good.

Did I say how much I H.A.T.E. Smart post? And what happened to the perk of being a director that we would get things first? Okay. End of tantrum. I promise!!

** Do not read into what I am saying that I am upset with the PO. They will get to the palate when they can. I get that.

BethCooks4U said:
Ok so I called HO. They said it's at my local PO scheduled to be delivered sometime this week. Ugh. So, I HAD called the PO earlier this afternoon and they "didn't have it". So, I went over there and they looked again and came back with the explaination that fed ex smart post is a drop ship and there are two palates back there but there's no way to know if and where among all that my package might be. She said they should know by morning. So I may or may not have it tomorrow.

When the OP (who lives in the same state as me) got hers on THURSDAY I thought I'd have mine by Friday so I bought my potatoes. Now when I finally get it almost a week later I hope the ones that are left are still good.

Did I say how much I H.A.T.E. Smart post? And what happened to the perk of being a director that we would get things first? Okay. End of tantrum. I promise!!

** Do not read into what I am saying that I am upset with the PO. They will get to the palate when they can. I get that.

I hate Smartpost too. :(

ChefBeckyD said:
I have! I discovered that they took longer than the directions. You have to watch them to make sure they don't burn - but I'd say a double decker batch of them took around 7 minutes. That was using the 1 setting, and I cored them with the apple corer before slicing them. But they were AMAZING!

Oh - also make sure you slice, then press out extra moisture with a paper towel.

I did all that and they were not crunchy at all:grumpy: I used granny smith apples so I will try a different kind next time. I was cooking one batch at a time for almost 6 minutes. I didn't core them but I can't imagine that making a huge difference. I did press out the extra moisture. I have used almost a whole roll of paper towels just making chips.
The bad news is I just over heated my microwave!!!!:eek: I have a nice microwave too, it is an over the stove stainless LG microwave that isn't very old. I made 4-6 single layer batches of apple chips and the whole thing went blank and turned off.

my microwave does that with my magic pot and its a new microwave

I made sweet potato chips and russet potato chips. I didn't use anything on the sweet potatoes, just a light dusting of salt on the potato chips. The Furry Guy LOVED them both. I don't like sweet potatoes, but really liked the chips.The Furry Guy suggested trying a light dusting of cinnamon on the sweet potatoes and garlic salt on the potato chips.As for the small batches, I've been telling people that it's great for portion control. One tray is, generally speaking, one serving. Yes, you're eating fat-free chips, but they're still potatoes. They're a much healthier alternative to store-bought chips, but you still need to be careful not to eat a whole bowl full of them.

Also, for those who have tried seasonings, make sure that the seasonings don't include sugar. The instructions are pretty clear that sugar will mess things up. It's also important to make sure that whatever you're microwaving has been patted dry. This wasn't an issue with the sweet potatoes, but it was with salted potatoes. I think it would really be an issue for apples. I plan to try the apples tomorrow. I have a Granny Smith and a Fuji. Oh, the things I go through for my customers. ;)

Mine arrived...gave it a try today. Loved how easy it is to make the chips. Did the potato chips with just salt - good! Then I tried zucchini for the heck of it since I have about amillion from my garden - NOT good. Oh well, looking forward to trying more!

Now I can't figure out how to reset my microwave :( and my husband is out of town until Friday. Grrr, I wanted to play with the chip maker some more. Plus I use the microwave every day with 4 small kids. I have never had this problem cooking with the DCB!

got both of my sets that I earned from sell a thon and director pkg..yeah
Tried russet potatoes right away! first batch burned..my micro is powerful I guess...I had them on 5 minutes.
2nd batch ok..and third was perfect! I have to put it on power 8 for only 3 minutes!!!! I did some smoky BBQ ones..good!
will try apples tomorrow! I sliced them on the #1 setting

<h2>1. What is a Microwave Chip Maker?</h2><p>A Microwave Chip Maker is a kitchen tool designed to make homemade chips quickly and easily in the microwave. It typically consists of a tray with slots to hold and slice vegetables or fruits into thin, even slices.</p><h2>2. How does the Microwave Chip Maker work?</h2><p>The Microwave Chip Maker works by thinly slicing vegetables or fruits and then placing them on the tray. The tray is then placed in the microwave and the chips are cooked until they become crispy and golden brown.</p><h2>3. What is the Cookbook for a Cause 2?</h2><p>The Cookbook for a Cause 2 is a cookbook created by Pampered Chef that features recipes for using the Microwave Chip Maker. It also supports a charitable cause, with a portion of the proceeds going towards a selected organization.</p><h2>4. Can I use the Microwave Chip Maker for other types of food?</h2><p>Yes, the Microwave Chip Maker can be used for a variety of foods such as potatoes, sweet potatoes, apples, zucchini, and more.</p><h2>5. Is the Microwave Chip Maker easy to clean?</h2><p>Yes, the Microwave Chip Maker is dishwasher safe and can also be easily hand washed with warm soapy water. It is recommended to clean it immediately after use to prevent food from hardening on the tray.</p>

1. What is a Microwave Chip Maker?

A Microwave Chip Maker is a kitchen tool designed to make homemade chips quickly and easily in the microwave. It typically consists of a tray with slots to hold and slice vegetables or fruits into thin, even slices.

2. How does the Microwave Chip Maker work?

The Microwave Chip Maker works by thinly slicing vegetables or fruits and then placing them on the tray. The tray is then placed in the microwave and the chips are cooked until they become crispy and golden brown.

3. What is the Cookbook for a Cause 2?

The Cookbook for a Cause 2 is a cookbook created by Pampered Chef that features recipes for using the Microwave Chip Maker. It also supports a charitable cause, with a portion of the proceeds going towards a selected organization.

4. Can I use the Microwave Chip Maker for other types of food?

Yes, the Microwave Chip Maker can be used for a variety of foods such as potatoes, sweet potatoes, apples, zucchini, and more.

5. Is the Microwave Chip Maker easy to clean?

Yes, the Microwave Chip Maker is dishwasher safe and can also be easily hand washed with warm soapy water. It is recommended to clean it immediately after use to prevent food from hardening on the tray.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heatherbug737
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
Replies
Views
StephsKitchen
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003