• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Get Ready for February with Our Newsletter: Tips, Updates, and More!

In summary, Julie said that she paid $20 for the year for Yahoo Mail Plus and it has saved her a lot of work. She uses MS Outlook to send her newsletter and has 15 e-mail groups set up with 10 names in each one. She can see who she has BCC'd with by going into her sent mail and double clicking on the email to bring it up.
elizabethfox
Gold Member
Just wondering if anyone had a February newsletter ready. I am HORRIBLE at putting together my own newsletters, and was looking for one on here to use.

I need one too.
I called a lot of past contacts in Jan and just chatted, asked if they wanted to be on my email list for a monthly recipe and PC specials...every.one.of.them. said yes.
if I don't do something by this week, I'll look flaky.

Reminds me of a good movie I watched this weekend, where I will paraphrase the line

"most people are afraid of failure, but you're afraid of success"

aaaackk.

Even when I put together a newsletter, I am unable to send it out efficiently. I try thru yahoo and can't send to my whole contact list because it says it's too many. If I try to use the blind copy feature to hide e-mail addresses from the group, those addresses are also hidden when I go back into my "sent" to see who I have sent to. I have tried everything and asked others and they say YES you will not be able to see them either if you send blind copy. I need to keep up with who I have sent to. Anybody have any luck with these issues??

Julie - I paid the $20 for the year & got Yahoo Mail Plus. It has saved me so much work. I use MS Outlook to send my newsletter. I have 15 e-mail groups set up with 10 names in each one. I can then go through & see who I have mailed my newsletter to already & I use the bcc feature.

Julie, if you go into your sent mail, double click on the email to bring it up. Then there should be a link that says "standard header" or "compact header". If you pull that down, it should give you an option for "full header" and that will pop up and show you the BCC recipients.

I believe Yahoo limits you to 100 per email so you would want to send in groups of less than that.

Just finished my newsletter. I think it looks ok but would love feedback.

** OK I'm looking at this again thinking that the first page is a little much. I'm not sure though. It seems as though my Quick Tip & Did you know seem to really junk it up.

** I changed it around a bit & uploaded the new file.

Attachments

• Pampered Chef News February 2008 edition.doc
    1.3 MB · Views: 837
Last edited:
Here is the one I did. You can use it and change it up if you would like.

Attachments

• Feb 2008 Newsletter[1].doc
    1 MB · Views: 576
chefjwr said:
Even when I put together a newsletter, I am unable to send it out efficiently. I try thru yahoo and can't send to my whole contact list because it says it's too many. If I try to use the blind copy feature to hide e-mail addresses from the group, those addresses are also hidden when I go back into my "sent" to see who I have sent to. I have tried everything and asked others and they say YES you will not be able to see them either if you send blind copy. I need to keep up with who I have sent to. Anybody have any luck with these issues??

I use Mozilla Firefox for emails....and I can see who I've BCC'd with that....

chefjwr said:

Yeah I have noticed that if you try to send it to ALL the contacts in your address book on yahoo, then it will not let you as there are too many. So what I have done is seperated my contacts into groups....A...B...C...etc, and then when I want to send my newsletter, I just enter group A's emails.. BBC and send....then next email group B, and so on. That way I since I have them seperated into groups, I don't have to worry about re sending it to the same person twice. Hope this helps!!

Blind carbon copyI know I saw this before on here but can not find the thread. So can anyone explain how to do the following ? Thanks in advance!! (I blind carbon copy every mailing so rest assured that your email address is not being distributed to anyone.)

Jayme :chef:
NC
/jaymeskitchen

When you are sending out your email instead of putting the addresses after "to:" you should also see spaces labeled "CC" and "BC" or "BCC" BC/BCC is "blind carbon copy", meaning you can send it out to a lot of people at a time, but they will only be able to see thier own email address and not the addresses of others.

Blind carbon copyI tried that on MSN and it doesn't work. I only saw the CC. Is there another way to do it ??
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NC
/jaymeskitchen

I'm sorry, I don't know. I am not familar with MSN

How does one as yourselves "make" a newsletter? I see files and such but would like to make my own? Where do I start?

News lettersI take bits & pieces from the ones that are posted. Or just take one & tweak (SP) it to what you like. That saves you a lot of time.

Thanks to all that post them.
~~~~~~~~~~
NC
/jaymeskitchen

Linda or Sandra - do either of you have a Feb newsletter yet??

Jayme said:
I tried that on MSN and it doesn't work. I only saw the CC. Is there another way to do it ??

NC
/jaymeskitchen

I use MSN Live Hotmail and there is a place on the right hand corner to click on that says "Show CC & BC" and when you click on that the boxes will show and you can do the BC. I am not sure about regular MSN email. HTH!

Jayme said:
I tried that on MSN and it doesn't work. I only saw the CC. Is there another way to do it ??

NC
/jaymeskitchen

Jayme:

Hit "More" and then hit show bcc and it will come down. I am on MSN.

Let me know if you need more help on this.:chef:

Thanks for sharing your newsletters. I am trying to pick and choose the different options to make up mine.

Here's mine. I've used my Director's as a base and will be sending using iContact. It's quite simple and I have no images, that way it doesn't take forever to load on those computers who may not have high-speed (as I know, that's a pain sometimes!! :grumpy: )

Feel free to use as you please! :D

Attachments

• February Hosts are seeing Double.doc
    22 KB · Views: 565
PChefPEI said:
Here's mine. I've used my Director's as a base and will be sending using iContact. It's quite simple and I have no images, that way it doesn't take forever to load on those computers who may not have high-speed (as I know, that's a pain sometimes!! :grumpy: )

Feel free to use as you please! :D

This is great! I've been looking for a more simple newsletter because people are NOT reading mine now!

Winnipegk said:
This is great! I've been looking for a more simple newsletter because people are NOT reading mine now!

How do you know people aren't reading yours?:confused:

I subscribe for my newsletters and they have pictures and recipes and my crowds absolutely love them! I get many online orders because of that. This month I have almost $800 in online orders!! Gotta love it!!

I send mine out on MSN and just send them in groups of 50 (actually 49, because I include myself so I can bcc) and I send 12 emails because I have so many people, but I just send the first one then hit forward....erase the forward info and put the next group in. I would say it takes me 10 minutes at the most!!

fruit76loop said:
How do you know people aren't reading yours?:confused:

I subscribe for my newsletters and they have pictures and recipes and my crowds absolutely love them! I get many online orders because of that. This month I have almost $800 in online orders!! Gotta love it!!

I send mine out on MSN and just send them in groups of 50 (actually 49, because I include myself so I can bcc) and I send 12 emails because I have so many people, but I just send the first one then hit forward....erase the forward info and put the next group in. I would say it takes me 10 minutes at the most!!

Because I put little "if you're reading this, email me and I'll send you a gift" things in there and I've never once received an email from anyone. I have never received an online or email order or booking from my newsletter and people will still ask me what the specials are even though I've had this months specials in the past 2 newsletters.

Another option for emailing large groupsI was reading through this thread and thought I would give an idea. I use a yahoo group to send my newsletter to like 150 or more people. The initial set up takes some time but it is wonderful and I can send my newsletter in one send and if I want to know who I sent it to, I just look at my member list. The only thing I recommend is adding new members rather than inviting them. Good luck!

An FYI- technically Yahoo groups are against policy for communicating with customers. They are a form of email newsgroup, which is not allowed, except for communicating with other consultants.Page 22 of the policies (emphasis mine):
You may set up a chat room or e-mail newsgroup ONLY to communicate solely with other Pampered Chef® Consultants about the business. Please do not mention, advertise or promote your Pampered Chef® business on any chat rooms, other than those created for communicating with other Consultants.

Winnipegk said:
Because I put little "if you're reading this, email me and I'll send you a gift" things in there and I've never once received an email from anyone. I have never received an online or email order or booking from my newsletter and people will still ask me what the specials are even though I've had this months specials in the past 2 newsletters.

Keep your chin up! just because people don't reply doesn't mean they aren't reading them. I have customers that have never responded to anything in mine and when I see them at a show they will tell everyone how great my newsletters are! Coulda knocked me over with a feather!!;)

fruit76loop said:
Keep your chin up! just because people don't reply doesn't mean they aren't reading them. I have customers that have never responded to anything in mine and when I see them at a show they will tell everyone how great my newsletters are! Coulda knocked me over with a feather!!;)
I agree! I have people that have been receiving my newsletters for eons. I have started calling customers that I haven't talked to in a while with a "I'm updating my contact list & want to make sure that I have your info correct. I have you listed on my newsletter, would you like to continue to receive it?" They usually say "Absolutely! I pour through it each time it comes! It's great!"

So, keep sending!

crystalscookingnow said:
I agree! I have people that have been receiving my newsletters for eons. I have started calling customers that I haven't talked to in a while with a "I'm updating my contact list & want to make sure that I have your info correct. I have you listed on my newsletter, would you like to continue to receive it?" They usually say "Absolutely! I pour through it each time it comes! It's great!"

So, keep sending!

Oh I will definitely keep sending...I'm just simplifying. I'm not going to spend hours and hours creating a newsletter when I could just send out a simple one like the one posted and get the same results.

The idea is to keep my name in their faces...I can do that with a fancy over-the-top newsletter or a simple, to-the-point newsletter.

crystalscookingnow said:

So, keep sending!

What a great idea! That's a great way to connect with past customers. I think I'm going to have to do that in the near future! :) Thanks for the idea!

momoftwins said:

Not yet! I just sat down to do it, but instead got caught up here reading (and stealing :angel: )!! I hope to have it done in a bit. I'm sure the others are really good.

Finally!
momoftwins said:
Here it is. I finally had time and motivation to do one. Thanks to all of you who are ahead of the game and already posted yours - makes it so much easier for me to borrow and steal from you!

Attachments

• 02a_2008 Pampered Chef News.doc
    269.5 KB · Views: 364
Last edited:
Linda - you have that the new 630 # is toll free. I didn't think it was...am I wrong?

ChefJoyJ said:
Linda - you have that the new 630 # is toll free. I didn't think it was...am I wrong?
DRATS! I knew I forgot to change something! Oh well.

I love your newsletter though! :) Do you do anything special for your kilo club hosts?

ChefJoyJ said:
I love your newsletter though! :) Do you do anything special for your kilo club hosts?
Yes I do.

I have a section in my website devoted to them (/lindachild)
I also give them:
RUFTH Trivet
extra $20 in free host products
additional 10% off for a year anytime they order from me.

That new number is toll free - it stated that in weekly bites yesterday!

momoftwins said:
That new number is toll free - it stated that in weekly bites yesterday!

"We've changed our service provider for the opportunity call, and there is a new number you can start using immediately: 630-261-3537, then dial English passcode 1095577 or Spanish passcode 1107029. Please note this is a toll call."

Not a toll free call... :( I copied this straight from weekly bites.

Sorry Joy - my bad - I read it wrong.

I did the same thing Sharisse. I didn't realize it wasn't toll-free until I read the thread about it here yesterday :(

1. What types of tips can I expect to find in the February newsletter?

The February newsletter will include tips on organizing your kitchen, using new products, and trying out new recipes.

2. Will the newsletter provide any updates on new products or sales?

Yes, the newsletter will include updates on new products, sales, and any special promotions for the month of February.

3. Are there any tips specifically for Valentine's Day in the February newsletter?

Yes, the newsletter will include tips for creating a romantic dinner using Pampered Chef products, as well as fun ideas for Valentine's Day baking.

4. Can I customize the February newsletter to fit my personal brand?

While the newsletter is already designed with Pampered Chef branding, you can add your own personal touch by including a message from yourself or adding your own photos.

5. Is the February newsletter available for all Pampered Chef consultants to use?

Yes, the February newsletter is available for all Pampered Chef consultants to use. Simply log in to your consultant account and access the newsletter from the resources section.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
pcjenr
  • elizabethfox
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom