• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Favorite Recipe; Profiterole Puffs

or until dough forms a ball. Remove from heat.2. On floured surface, roll dough to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut out with floured 2-in. star-shaped cookie cutter. Place on ungreased baking sheet.3. Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes... or until golden brown. Remove from oven.4. For filling and topping, in medium bowl, combine whipped topping, powdered sugar, and salt. Beat until well blended. Add 1/2 cup of the vanilla to the filling mixture; beat until well blended.5. Topping: Drop dough balls, one at a time, onto filling; top with remaining vanilla filling. Sprinkle with chopped pistachios.
pchef2006
Does anyone have a favorite recipe they would like to share??? My ALL TIME favorite has to be the PROFITEROLE PUFFS. I've been making them for all of my shows and the guests just love them !!! :) I've been trying other fillings too... french vanilla, the heavy whipping cream version, chocolate, etc....

:) I just made these for the first time yesterday. I was amazed at how easy they were to make and how everyone was so impressed with how good they were and how pretty. I couldn't find pistachios so I used walnuts on top.
I will be making these for my first show this Friday evening. It's my open house show!

Touch Down Taco DipI love that recipe too but I have to say Touch Down Taco Dip with the tortilla chips is my family's favorite.

barbchan said:
:) I just made these for the first time yesterday. I was amazed at how easy they were to make and how everyone was so impressed with how good they were and how pretty. I couldn't find pistachios so I used walnuts on top.
I will be making these for my first show this Friday evening. It's my open house show!

They are easy to make. :) I've been making them without the pistachios and they turn out just as good. Good Luck on your first show !!! :)

I'm with Beth. Touch Down Taco Dip is my favorite too! I have had made this at several shows and it is a huge hit. Not to mention, every function we are invited to, I get requests from all of our friends for me to bring it!!:D

mminikus said:
I'm with Beth. Touch Down Taco Dip is my favorite too! I have had made this at several shows and it is a huge hit. Not to mention, every function we are invited to, I get requests from all of our friends for me to bring it!!:D
I haven't tried making this yet and I don't know why!! LOL!!! I get requests for a Chili Dip that I make in the summer. It isn't a recipe from Pampered Chef but it sure is a good one. I'll have to try this recipe one weekend when I get together with a bunch of friends. :cool:

BethCooks4U said:
I love that recipe too but I have to say Touch Down Taco Dip with the tortilla chips is my family's favorite.
I have to try making this !! :) Is there a recipe for the tortilla chips??

pchef2006 said:
Does anyone have a favorite recipe they would like to share??? My ALL TIME favorite has to be the PROFITEROLE PUFFS. I've been making them for all of my shows and the guests just love them !!! :) I've been trying other fillings too... french vanilla, the heavy whipping cream version, chocolate, etc....

Hi Could you share your recipe for these? I'd like to try them:) Thanks!

I absolutely love the Touchdown Taco Dip!! We cant have guests or family for that matter over without making it!! It is so good!!! Guests seem to really like it too!!

The recipe for the PROFITEROLE PUFFS is in the current season's best and was sent to everyone in the change over kit or if you are new it was in your start up kit.

The recipe for the tortilla chips is in several cookbooks including the All The Best Cookbook. If you don't have that cookbook GET IT with your 40% off kit enhancement in April!

Tortilla Chips
Cut flour tortillas (8" are best - they're the kind you make soft shell tacos with) into wedges - 8 chips per tortilla. Place them on the large round stone and bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes for the first batch and abolut 6 minutes for the rest. I do not add any seasoning and they are GREAT! You can add salt, southwest seasoning or whatever but it is not necessary.

Variation: Spritz tortillas lightly with water and then sprinkle cinnamon/sugar over them. THEN cut into wedges and bake as above. If desired swirl melted chocolate over cooled chips and cool to set.

pampermeRai said:
Hi Could you share your recipe for these? I'd like to try them:) Thanks!
Here's the recipe for the Profiterole Puffs ~
You'll need :
For the puffs ~
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup all purpose-flour
3 eggs, lightly beaten
For the filling & topping ~
1 container (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon Pantry Double Strength Vanilla
1/34 cup prepared chocolate frosting, melted
2 tablespoons chopped pistachios

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. For puffs, in saucepan, combine water, butter and salt; bring to a boil over high heat. Add flour all at once. Stir mixture vigorously about 1 minute or until mixture leaves sides of pan and forms into a ball. Remove from heat; place dough into Classic Batter Bowl. Add eggs and whisk until smooth and very thick.
2. Lightly spray Deluxe Mini Muffin Pan with oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Using slightly mounded small scoop, scoop batter into cups. Bake 22-25 minutes or until deep golden brown. Remove from oven. Make a small cut into side of each puff to release excess steam. Remove puffs from pan to stackable Colling rack; cool completely.
3. For filling, combine whipped topping, powdered sugar and vanilla. Mx gently until well blended. Attach bismark tip to Easy Accent Decorator; fill with filling and pipe into center of each puff. For topping drizzle melted frosting over puffs and sprinkle with chopped pistachios.
Yield : 24 puffs

ENJOY !!! :)

BethCooks4U said:
The recipe for the PROFITEROLE PUFFS is in the current season's best and was sent to everyone in the change over kit or if you are new it was in your start up kit.

The recipe for the tortilla chips is in several cookbooks including the All The Best Cookbook. If you don't have that cookbook GET IT with your 40% off kit enhancement in April!

Tortilla Chips
Cut flour tortillas (8" are best - they're the kind you make soft shell tacos with) into wedges - 8 chips per tortilla. Place them on the large round stone and bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes for the first batch and abolut 6 minutes for the rest. I do not add any seasoning and they are GREAT! You can add salt, southwest seasoning or whatever but it is not necessary.

Variation: Spritz tortillas lightly with water and then sprinkle cinnamon/sugar over them. THEN cut into wedges and bake as above. If desired swirl melted chocolate over cooled chips and cool to set.

I just looked through my cookbooks !! I thought the recipe was in there but I wasn't sure. Thanks for posting it!!

I have to say, at my open house, the big hit recipe was the warm chicken curry dip from the current Season's Best. My guests LOVED it. And I did too. It is easy to make. In the recipe it calls for using the mini baker, but since i don't have it, I just used the mini oval baker and it fit in just fine. I bought a jar of Mango chutney to spread over it. I think it really added to the flavor of the recipe, rather than using the apricot jam.

It is the perfect blend of sweet, savory and slightly spicy. And the texture is firm enough to use one of our cute spreaders!

Love+
Rachel

RachelNguyen said:
I have to say, at my open house, the big hit recipe was the warm chicken curry dip from the current Season's Best. My guests LOVED it. And I did too. It is easy to make. In the recipe it calls for using the mini baker, but since i don't have it, I just used the mini oval baker and it fit in just fine. I bought a jar of Mango chutney to spread over it. I think it really added to the flavor of the recipe, rather than using the apricot jam.

It is the perfect blend of sweet, savory and slightly spicy. And the texture is firm enough to use one of our cute spreaders!

Love+
Rachel

Thanks for the post. I'll have to add this to my list to try one weekend. :)

Does anyone have any more FAVORITE recipes that they would like to share??

Gotta love those Profiterole Puffs !!!

BethCooks4U said:

Tortilla Chips

Ok great Thanks!

me tooI also love the touchdown taco dip, and I also LOVE the taco ring. Those profiterole puffs are quickly becoming my fave dessert:D

My families is the Chicken and Brocoli Braid. And you can tell because that page in my cookbook has lots of scribble marks from my kids since it is always open to that page. I ofte have guests at shows ask if I like this recipe because of all the scribble Marks. :)

1. What ingredients do I need to make Profiterole Puffs?

To make Profiterole Puffs, you will need butter, water, flour, eggs, and salt. You can also add in your favorite fillings such as whipped cream or chocolate ganache.

2. Can I use a different type of flour for this recipe?

Yes, you can use all-purpose flour or bread flour instead of the recommended pastry flour. However, the texture and consistency may be slightly different.

3. Do I need any special equipment to make Profiterole Puffs?

You will need a piping bag or a plastic ziplock bag with the corner cut off to pipe the dough onto the baking sheet. A stand mixer or hand mixer is also helpful for mixing the dough.

4. How do I prevent my Profiterole Puffs from deflating?

To prevent your puffs from deflating, make sure to bake them for the recommended time and do not open the oven door during the baking process. Additionally, poke a small hole in the bottom of each puff after baking to release any trapped steam.

5. Can I freeze Profiterole Puffs?

Yes, you can freeze Profiterole Puffs after they have cooled completely. To reheat, simply place them in a preheated oven at 375°F for 5-10 minutes until they are warmed through and crispy. Do not freeze filled puffs, as the filling may become watery when thawed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
yourchef23
  • kcjodih
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • AshleyAllison