• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover Delicious Non-Dip Appetizers for Your Next Gathering

agree with ChefBeckyD: the Clubhouse Chicken Squares, they can be made ahead and just kept chilled. No heating necessary.
kcjodih
Gold Member
The MIL is going to drive me crazy!! UGH! Now with three days notice SHE has decided that I won't be bringing dessert but an appetizer or two for 14. Her request, anything but a dip. The nerve!

So besides a dip and Jerk Chicken Nachos which we had the last time we were together, what is your favortie appetizer?

I LOVE the new jalapeno popper pizzas! I also really like the tomato bacon appetizers...I don't know if that's their real name...but you take a pkg of cresent rolls and make them into little cups in the mini muffin pan...then put in swiss cheese, onions, bacon, tomatoes etc...then bake. They're soo easy and very yummy! If you want them and don't know what I'm talking about email me [email protected] and I'll email you the recipe! I have it at home!

Loving the Quiche Lorraine tartlets...myself.

Heather could you post it here for all to see? Otherwise I KNOW you're going to get multiple email requests :)

Keep them coming please :)

Brown Sugar Dijon Baked Brie and Greek Torta...both come together in a snap and look awesome (taste good, too).

the mini pesto pizzas, or the tomato basil squares. Oh - or the Clubhouse Chicken Squares.

OR - I absolutely LOVE the new steamed wonton purses. but those may not be so great made ahead.

Chipotle Chicken Cornbread Cups are great (when I make them I season chicken breasts with Southwest Seasoning and cook in the DCB in microwave, then make according to directions, except I add a little extra Chipotle, this is the way I accidently did the first time I made them and I love it like this... too mild the normal way)...

Sorry I forgot to mention but whatever it is I make or bring has to travel for 2 hours or be thrown together real quick once I get there since they'll be waiting like vultures :D (they all live local while we live 2 hours away) so they are there early...and hovering..

The Mediterranean Cheese Spread is fabulous. I slice bread and toast with garlic and oil. Huge hit every time.

kcjodih said:
Heather could you post it here for all to see? Otherwise I KNOW you're going to get multiple email requests :)

Keep them coming please :)

I will definitely look up the recipe tonight and post it for you! GL!!

What about a cold spinach type dip, I don't have a tried and true recipe, but I know that I have ate one that was good... she served it in a bread bowl with the chunks of bread around it to dip. Hmmm, trying to think of cold appetizers that I make. My mind is blank...
Another hot one, that you could put in a thermal thing to keep warm and then transfer to a crock pot of something is Brown Sugar Smokies. Nummo!:sing: WE love these! They are NOT a Weight Watchers recipe, but very very good, always go fast. The are basically the little smokies wrapped with bacon and drenched in brown sugar and then you bake until crisp... the recipe is on Allrecipes.com... I'll keep thinking of travel type recipes. The Clubhouse Chicken Squares are a cold travel type thing, someone else mentioned them before, and they are good.

Tough one - especially with the travel time and the fact that it can't be a dip! Ugh!

Random ideas:

1. I agree with ChefBeckyD: the Clubhouse Chicken Squares, they can be made ahead and just kept chilled. No heating necessary.

2. Deviled Eggs

3. A friend makes these, if you are interested, I can get the exact recipe:
Take little cocktail square breads and spread a thin layer of cream cheese mixed with dry ranch dressing (I'll have to get exact ingredients) and top with a slice of cucumber. Keep chilled.

4. Pina Colada Salad from the Pineapple Wedger (I think) Use & Care. Basically, you are placling slices of pineapple on a plate, letting guests top with sweet topping (made from Cool whip/lime/yogurt) and toasted cocnut. Not sure if that would be considered an appetizer.

5. Mini Ham Puffs or Elegant Artichoke cups could probably be assembled in MiniMuffin Pan and just popped in the oven when you get there.

6. Doesn't All The Best have some kind of Crab Canape recipe? Never tried it, but I think I heard it is good.

7. Sweet & Sour Meatballs - put in a crockpot

8. Mini-Wraps: take flour tortilla and construct a "sandwich". I spread Chipotle Seasoning mixed with Sour Cream and Mayo on Tortilla, top with lettuce, cheese, ham or turkey, and roll very tightly jelly roll style. I spread a little extra chipotle mixture to help it "stick together". Slice into 1/4-in to 1/2-in slices and hold together with a toothpick.

8. I HATE pickles, but when others serve these, people seem to like them:
Drain pickles and pat dry. Wrap pickles in cream cheese and then in dried beef (or corned beef). Chill and slice.

what about the artichoke cups?
you can pre bake the won tons & make the filling ahead & then just warm them when you get there

Woohoo, keep them coming ladies. I'm going to make a couple of things. It can be made at home, transported and then thrown in her oven for up to 15 minutes before the natives would become restless.

She always does dips, shrimp rings. cold wraps/sandwiches, veggie trays, devilled eggs etc so that's why I need a different idea. But no problem with cooking whatever it is when I get there as long as I combine/mix or prep it all at home.

I'm REALLY appreciating all the help. I'm thinking alot of you must have MIL's like mine ;)

BTW Becky the steamed wonton purses are my favorite now too but I don't think I want to spend the time forming and steaming them there. It's got to be a throw in the oven immediately while I get my coat off and get a beverage type thing. I WILL be making these when they come up here next time to visit though.

right now, I'm hooked on the Brown Sugar Dijon Brie. It's so easy. You could slice the bread before hand, mix the brown sugar/dijon/almonds at home and have in your batter bowl. You can literally put it together there in 2 minutes and it takes about 9 minutes to bake. It's in last seasons SBRC (fall/winter '08) I believe.

Last edited:
Lisa would the BSD brie be any good without the almonds. I can't have any recipes with peanuts, nuts, coconut or chocolate due to the BIL's nut allergy and his wife's chocolate one. UGH!

I am not a huge fan of nuts and sometimes I make it without the almonds (for shows I always use the almond unless specified otherwise) and it still tastes very yummy to me!!! Usually when I make it without the almonds, I put just a tad bit more dijon mustard in it, but I love it either way!!

Thanks Lisa!

not a PC recipe, but buffalo chicken dip is awesome

REAL BUFFALO CHICKEN WING DIP

3 chicken breasts (or any kind of boneless chicken meat)
1 bottle blue cheese dressing (marzettis)
1 package cream cheese (8oz)
1 small bottle Frank's hot sauce

Boil (or simmer) chicken in water (or optionally, chicken broth) for 30 minutes or until cooked. Shred chicken, mix with rest of the ingredients.

Cook for 20 minutes at 425 or until cheeses becomes bubbly.

Serve with tortillas or Triscuits.

1. What are some easy non-dip appetizer ideas for a party?

Some easy non-dip appetizer ideas for a party include bacon-wrapped dates, mini quiches, caprese skewers, stuffed mushrooms, and bruschetta.

2. Can you provide any vegetarian options for non-dip appetizers?

Yes, some vegetarian options for non-dip appetizers include roasted vegetable crostini, spinach and feta phyllo cups, grilled halloumi with honey and pistachios, avocado toast bites, and stuffed peppers.

3. What are some gluten-free options for non-dip appetizers?

Some gluten-free options for non-dip appetizers include vegetable rice paper rolls, grilled shrimp skewers, prosciutto-wrapped melon, deviled eggs, and smoked salmon cucumber bites.

4. Can you suggest some make-ahead non-dip appetizers?

Yes, some make-ahead non-dip appetizers include antipasto skewers, marinated olives and feta, stuffed cherry tomatoes, pesto pinwheels, and chicken satay skewers.

5. Are there any non-dip appetizers that can be cooked on the grill?

Yes, there are many non-dip appetizers that can be cooked on the grill, such as grilled vegetable skewers, bacon-wrapped scallops, grilled pineapple and prosciutto skewers, grilled chicken wings, and grilled stuffed jalapenos.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
kcjodih