• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is a Delicious 4th of July Mandarin Pasta Salad Recipe?

In Summary, In preparation for the 4th of July, people might enjoy making a trifle or salad. There are many recipes available online or in cookbooks.
gailz2
Gold Member
Okay, I need some ideas--what is your favorite 4th of July Recipe to make and enjoy?

How about your favorite salad for the 4th?

well dessert type:
- red white and blue trifle ( can't remember the technical name) It is AMAZING
- Strawberry Blueberry pie
- strawberry salad ---strawberries and baby spinach
- Good old Flag Cake- 9 x 13 cake frosted white, and use strawberries and blueberries to make the flag

whoops.. sorry did not read the 'salad' part
I like to do a layered fruit and baby spinach salad.
baby spinach
strawberries
blueberries
carrots
and repeatI usually serve it with a red raspberry vinaigrette dressing.

Mary, the trifle and salad sound good. Is the trifle just layered pound cake with a pudding/cool whip combo, then strawberries and blueberries on top?

does anyone have the recipe for the red white and blue trifle?
Thanks

Red, White & Blueberry Trifle

Juicy berries and delicate angel food cake mingle in
this impressive and patriotic summer dessert.

1 prepared angel food cake (13 oz)
1 qt. fresh strawberries
3 cups blueberries
1 container (16 oz) frozen sliced strawberries in syrup, thawed
1 lemon
3 containers (8 oz each) blended strawberry yogurt
1 pkg (3.4 oz) white chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
2 cups thawed frozen whipped topping, divided

Cut cake into 1-in. cubes using Color Coated Bread Knife; set aside.

Hull fresh strawberries and cut into quarters. Set aside ½ cup of the strawberries and ½ cup of the blueberries for garnish.

In Classic Batter Bowl, combine remaining fresh and frozen strawberries; mix well.

Juice lemon using Juicer to measure 2 tbsp juice.

In Stainless (4-qt.) Mixing Bowl, whisk yogurt, pudding mix and lemon juice until smooth using Stainless Whisk; immediately fold in 1 cup of the
whipped topping.

To assemble trifle, place one-third of the cake cubes into Trifle Bowl. Top with one-third of the strawberry mixture and one-third of the blueberries, pressing down lightly. Top with one-third of the yogurt mixture,
spreading evenly. Repeat layers two times, spreading last layer evenly using the Small Spreader to create a flat surface.

To garnish, fill Easy Accent® Decorator fitted with open-star tip with remaining whipped topping. Pipe whipped topping over top of trifle; garnish with reserved strawberries and blueberries.

Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Yield: 16 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 210, Total Fat 2.5 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Carbohydrate 44 g,
Protein 3 g, Sodium 280 mg, Fiber 2 g

Cook’s Tip: Cheesecake pudding and pie filling or vanilla pudding and pie filling can be substituted for the white chocolate pudding, if desired. If using vanilla pudding, add 6-8 drops of red food coloring for a pinker color, if desired.

©The Pampered Chef, Ltd., 2008

If you go to Pilsberry.com they have a bunch of recipes....HTH :chef:

Sorry, it's after the 4th, but I just saw this and had to add my two cents' worth....my favorite salad recipe EVER from PC was the Mandarin Pasta Salad! It was from Spring/Summer, 2004 Season's Best. YUM!! My only frustration with it is, it's not in any of our current cookbooks!!

Paula R. Lewis said:
Sorry, it's after the 4th, but I just saw this and had to add my two cents' worth....my favorite salad recipe EVER from PC was the Mandarin Pasta Salad! It was from Spring/Summer, 2004 Season's Best. YUM!! My only frustration with it is, it's not in any of our current cookbooks!!

do you know the recipe??

Mandarin Pasta Salad

Dressing
Small piece of ginger root
2 garlic cloves
1/3 cup rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
1/4 c orange juice
1/4 c olive oil
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Soup Mix
2 teaspoons sugar

Salad
8 oz uncooked bow ties pasta
1 cucumber
1 red bell pepper
1/2 red onion
6 oz baby spinach
1 can, 11 oz, mandarin orange segments
2 cups diced cooked chicken (you can use either a rotisserie chicken and cut into diced squares or you can buy frozen chicken that is already diced)
½ cup sliced almonds (you can find the almonds in the baking aisle)

Press ginger root and garlic cloves into the measure mix ‘n pour using the garlic press. Measure the rest of the dressing ingredients and combine with the garlic and ginger. Mix well, refrigerate until ready to use.

Toast almonds in small oval baker in microwave, no more than five minutes (keep a close eye on the almonds as they toast quickly). Coarsely chop with food chopper.

Cook pasta to al dente. Cut cucumber in half length wise and de-seed using cook’s corer. Slice cucumber using the ultimate slice & grate. Dice red bell pepper using chef’s knife. Chop red onion using food chopper. Combine pasta, cucumber, bell pepper, spinach, mandarin oranges (with juice drained), chicken and almonds with salad dressing. Toss lightly and serve in simple additions large bowl.

1. What are some easy 4th of July recipes that I can make with Pampered Chef products?

One easy recipe is our Grilled Corn Salsa made with the Mix N Chop and Salad Chopper. Another option is our Patriotic Fruit Pizza using the Rectangular Baker and Food Chopper.

2. Can I make a 4th of July dessert using my Pampered Chef stoneware?

Yes, you can! Our Red, White, and Blueberry Trifle is a delicious and festive dessert that can be made in the Deep Covered Baker or the Trifle Bowl.

3. Do you have any healthy 4th of July recipes using Pampered Chef products?

Absolutely! Our Grilled Chicken and Vegetable Kabobs are a healthy and delicious option for your 4th of July barbecue. You can use the Flexible Cutting Mat and Grill Pan for easy prep and cooking.

4. Can I make a 4th of July cocktail using Pampered Chef products?

Yes, you can! Our Sparkling Red, White, and Blue Sangria is a refreshing and patriotic drink that can be made using the Quick-Stir® Pitcher and Fruit & Cheese Knife.

5. Are there any recipes that I can make ahead of time for my 4th of July party?

Definitely! Our Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches are perfect for prepping ahead of time and can be made using the Quick Cooker and BBQ Meat Shredder. You can also try our Make-Ahead Patriotic Parfaits using the Trifle Bowl and Prep Bowls.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Rossana
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Rossana
  • chefsteph07
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
jendill
  • Bren706