• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fall/Winter 2012 Price Changes: See the Latest Updates Now!"

No, you don't have to share the price increases with your guests. It's just information for us. Also, it gives me the numbers so I can update my three flyers for everyone.
lt1jane
Gold Member
OK, here at last are the price changes (and there were A LOT of them!!)

Attachments

• FW 2012 Price Changes.doc
    314 KB · Views: 689
Wow! Might have been easier to list what DIDnt change.

Thanks!

Thanks so much!

Wow is right! Holy moly! I thought I had read that the cookware prices only changed $1? I thought that was odd, but man oh man, $20-25 increase! That is a bit much I think. I love my cookware but wow.

Thanks for all of your hard work Jane!!!

Last edited:
They explained the reasons for the cookware price increases. Part of it was the materials used to manufacture the cookware and the additional cost to ship the materials. I had noted at launch that several of the open stock pieces had gone up $5-$8 and the sets went up about $20. I STILL love my cookware!

ok and YIKES! I didn't realize that nearly the entire catalog went up in price! Holy Moly! Thank you, Jane for putting this list together!

Thanks for putting this together!

When does the price change go into effect? September 1st.?

KellieM's Kitchen said:
When does the price change go into effect? September 1st.?

Yes, with the new catalog.

The cookware changes don't surprise me, especially since that and most changes over $1 are for sets, not just one piece.

What does shock me is:
The wine bottle opener is MUCH pricier than the current one.
The pastry blender went DOWN by over $10.

To me these are huge changes for just one item.

I have the old pastry blender in my cash and carry. I don't see myself getting the new one, even if it is less.

Those two items aren't really comparable. The old items are WAY different than the new ones.

I can't keep alcohol in the house, (alcoholic husband) so I don't know if the the new wine bottle opener is a step up or not. I don't know if that's the current "in" style that people really want or not. When it comes to alcohol, I don't know. If customers ask if I have any of those items, I simply explain about my husband and to avoid any temptation, I don't keep those accessories in the house.

The pastry blender is a step down in my opinion. I LOVE the current one even if it is more expensive. I bought it because I like it better than the cheaper ones you can find everywhere else. We used the carry the "new" style years ago...

The "new style" looks just like the one Bestie got from a kitchen store years and years ago. Knowing her, she couldn't have paid much for it and it might have been handed down from a family member.

The old one is unique.

Roomie has the old style wine bottle opener. The new one looks different. But I don't know that it's $14 better because I have never used either one.

I used to have the "new" pastry blender, when we carried it years before. I never bought the current one (the one that is going away). I liked the "new" one, but just never used it enough to justify taking up the space in my drawer...so I gave it to a friend.The wine bottle opener looks interesting- one movement (no twisting). But not sure I'd pay $34 for that feature! I wouldn't even pay the 50% price we get them for in samples! ;) I'll twist ....no more than we ever open a bottle.

Is anyone sharing the price increases with their August guests?

The Muffin Pan (1601) is $18.50 not $16.50 and the TTA is $19 not $17 (I wish!).Thank you SO much for the list! There are TONS of changes and I do use the prices so when they change, it's smart for me to update them right away. They used to give this to us, but maybe there were just too many this time. WOW!

Jules711 said:
The Muffin Pan (1601) is $18.50 not $16.50 and the TTA is $19 not $17 (I wish!).

Thank you SO much for the list! There are TONS of changes and I do use the prices so when they change, it's smart for me to update them right away. They used to give this to us, but maybe there were just too many this time. WOW!

Yes, thanks, I noticed and changed it on my excel program, but I can't change it on that.

And in answer to do I share the increases? No, it's just info for us basically. Also, it gives me the numbers so I can update my three flyers for everyone.

I check out the competiton quite a bit as I have always loved to be in high quality kitchen tool stores. I don't think I can honestly say that we have competitive pricing. The world has changed so much that we can now find anything we have right in our local communities, which does not include a shipping and handing cost. I try my best not to inform my clients, but I just hope they don't spend as much time in kitchen tool stores like I do. Getting tougher to sell.

I know, right? I was in Hawaii in June and checked out the Williams Sonoma in the Ala Moana shopping center. Many of the same items.

ChefPeg said:
I know, right? I was in Hawaii in June and checked out the Williams Sonoma in the Ala Moana shopping center. Many of the same items.

Yep, I am thinking it may be time to take a break. Considering they have changed the shipping policy to Alaska/Hawaii.

It was easier to explain the crazy shipping prices in Hawaii when you could tell them it was a couple days, but now that it could be weeks and they HAVE to have it shipped directly to them, without a significant savings, not sure how well that will go over.

I agree with you Jane! I was so disappointed that they changed the pastry blender. The one we have is different from any I've seen and it's much easire to use. I was told they're manufacturer was going to go up on the production cost and if you didn't know how great it was, you wouldn't be that tempted to purchase it.

1. What products are affected by the FW 2012 price changes?

The FW 2012 price changes affect a variety of products, including cookware, bakeware, kitchen tools, and food items. To see the full list of affected products, please visit our website or contact your Pampered Chef consultant.

2. Will the price changes apply to items I have already purchased?

No, the price changes will only apply to items purchased after the FW 2012 season begins. Any items purchased before the price changes will remain at their original price.

3. How much of a price increase can we expect?

The price changes for FW 2012 vary depending on the product. Some items may have a small increase while others may have a larger increase. However, we always strive to provide our customers with the best value for their money.

4. Are there any products that will have a price decrease?

Yes, there are some products that will have a price decrease for FW 2012. These changes are based on market trends and feedback from our customers. We are constantly evaluating our prices to ensure they are fair and competitive.

5. When will the price changes take effect?

The FW 2012 price changes will take effect on the first day of the new season. This date may vary depending on your location, so please check with your consultant or our website for the specific date in your area.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• winnee
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
rshal
  • Tracie
  • Pampered Chef Flyers
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • lt1jane