• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Get Ready for the Fall Sell-A-Thon - Stay Updated on Dates and Details

I don't think people are as resistant then. I had a lot of cancellations in January because I think people were just tired.
janezapchef
Gold Member
Has anyone heard if/when this will be happening??? It seems we usually know by now.

Nope...not yet. We've been fretting about it in another thread. Yes- last year, we had the details in the Oct CN.

Nothing in October CN. Maybe because they are putting them up early? Please God I hope so!

All I will say is, make sure your Dec and Jan look good!

What's a sell-a-thon?

KellerCooks said:
What's a sell-a-thon?

It is a designated month in which we can earn the upcoming New Season's Product based on our sales in that month. You can earn 1 item, up to the WHOLE PACKAGE. Here is the October 2010 CN from Consultant's Corner and you can see what they did last year this time to get an idea.

Chef Kearns said:
All I will say is, make sure your Dec and Jan look good!

So if they are doing it in Dec-Jan (no confirmation, just guessing)....are they going to make us wait until Nov 1st for the next Consultant News to come out?

man....just cruel. ;)

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. The sell a thon will not start in
November this year, looks like it may start in December but there will be more
news posted soon.
Solution Center Representative
The Pampered Chef, Ltd.

Last edited:
gailz2 said:
news posted soon.

The Pampered Chef, Ltd.

Nooooo!! :cry:

That was always my best month! December and January I would get so many objections. People were tapped out because of the holidays. People were tired of all the get togethers and things to go to. And the weather....

I know some consultants like those months and don't find a problem with bookings, that was just my experience. :(

I have so much going on with volunteer groups in Dec., I usually take the month off pretty much from PC to be with my family.

I hope PC has thought through some of the ramifications--if consultants are unable to earn the free products due to inability to get as many shows and sales, we may not be able to show as many new products in March, other than in the catalog.

Maybe sell-a-thon's levels will be less, and this is their way of getting us to work harder for December/January bookings? January was no problem for me last year, but December is definitely tough. Weather can come into play here, too...last year wasn't bad but the year before, I had tons of cancellations/reschedules due to snow!

It will be interesting to see...

babywings76 said:
Nooooo!! :cry:

That was always my best month! December and January I would get so many objections. People were tapped out because of the holidays. People were tired of all the get togethers and things to go to. And the weather....

I know some consultants like those months and don't find a problem with bookings, that was just my experience. :(

You have to remain positive about it. Last year I needed to earn the trip and needed over $4000 at the beginning of December. That's more than my average per month and it was December. If you work it like any other month and don't count on people passing you up, your excitement will get them to book parties!! Last year I promoted doing an ornament exchange and two gals loved the idea so much they wanted to host for that. When the show was over they did the exchange while I cleaned up and then took orders. Another gal was excited when I mentioned that she could show off her nicely decorated home (just took a swing there). She was very excited because she hadn't even thought about that and apparently puts a lot of effort into decorating at the holidays.

I agree with wadesgirl, if you have a goal for any month of the year, the sales are there and you can make it happen! In December of 2009 I needed over $8000 in sales to earn the Disney trip that my kids wanted to go on so badly! I ended the month out at $9,106!!! I asked everyone, told them about my goal and no order/show was too big or too small. I do live in an area with a lot of bad weather too, and I know this can effect your shows, but if you coach ahead of time even with snow you can still get orders and turn in a show. I think everyone will feel better once they know what the details are, no one likes change or uncertainty!

December is actually better than January for me ALWAYS but never great! I guess I am upset about this and should have sensed the writing on the wall when they posted those amazing November specials. I guess the thing that bothers me about it is that in my Previous Product Line, the free product promos were ALWAYS a) out of my reach and b) in months when my products did not sell great. The thing that blew me away about Pampered Chef is that they set SAT in November when our sales are HIGHEST. I will have a great November regardless. I am not planning to buy the products for spring in a sample package but we will see.

I've always had good Decembers - not great but good. However I've had some awesome Januarys. I do this because I get people on the calendar - sometimes as early as November .... "Oh I understand, December is crazy but January has such amazing bennies, let's get you on my calendar - we can always change it." From there, I host coach, send a Christmas card, post card if I'm travelling, find a great new recipe "I thought of you and the cookie exchange you have to go to - here's a wonderful recipe I found" .... and rarely do the shows cancel or change. Just amp up your coaching, let them know you're thinking of them and you'll be starting with a bang!

My director's "sister consultant director" sent this email to our yahoo group yesterday:

"I have not discussed this with home office. however, another director just sent out an email that November will not be our "traditional" sell a thon month. we will have a chance to earn new products for free. they are now calling it a "free for all" and we are encouraged to fill up our Dec. and jan. apparently more news will be coming out in Nov. kcn. keep a lookout for that! So, if you were planning on November to be our month to earn. then, good! guess what, a good nov. means we will still have a good dec. and jan to still earn whatever they are offering us. so, keep them up!"

I would say it is The Pampered Chef's goal to rev up the usual slow months of December and January.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing that, Brenda.

Thanks for sharing. My goal is still going to be 8 shows each month. I am at five for October. I'm really excited because I am committed to my business for the first time since I joined in 3/2009 and am seeing the results.

gailz2 said:
news posted soon.

The Pampered Chef, Ltd.

First we have "no 2012 national conference" now we have "no November SAT."

Maybe this is just another way of cutting expenses? November is a big sales month and many consultants get the maximum free stuff. December is a harder month to book--so sales are lower and less free stuff will have to be awarded.

Just sayin

The glass can be "half-full" or "half-empty". Right now, we don't even know what the Dec/Jan deal will be. This could turn out to be even BETTER for us. Just keep doing what you need to do.

Bren706 said:
I would say it is The Pampered Chef's goal to rev up the usual slow months of December and January.

I agree. P Chef gives us so much and after sell a thon, we are always able to buy the new products at half off, or have our own parties and earn them for free. Yes I do better in November, but I won't complain. Will try to work to have a few more parties on my calendar in December. I feel that P Chef is extremely fair with all that they give us!

Related to Get Ready for the Fall Sell-A-Thon - Stay Updated on Dates and Details

1. When is the Fall Sell-A-Thon happening?

The Fall Sell-A-Thon typically takes place in September or October, but exact dates may vary from year to year. Be sure to stay updated on the latest information from your Pampered Chef consultant or through our official website.

2. How can I participate in the Fall Sell-A-Thon?

If you are a current Pampered Chef consultant, you will automatically be enrolled in the Fall Sell-A-Thon. If you are not yet a consultant but are interested in joining, reach out to your local consultant or visit our website to learn more.

3. What products will be featured in the Fall Sell-A-Thon?

The featured products for the Fall Sell-A-Thon will be announced closer to the event. However, you can expect to see a variety of new and popular Pampered Chef products that are perfect for the fall season.

4. Will there be any special promotions or discounts during the Fall Sell-A-Thon?

Yes, there will be exclusive promotions and discounts available during the Fall Sell-A-Thon. Be sure to stay updated on the dates and details to take advantage of these special offers.

5. Can I host a Fall Sell-A-Thon party?

Yes, you can host a Fall Sell-A-Thon party and earn host rewards for your sales. Contact your consultant for more information on how to host a party and maximize your rewards.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• monicag
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • krzymomof4
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
PamperedDor
  • Luv 2 Cook