• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Facing Inactivity: My Journey with PC and the Lessons Learned

In summary, Jason went inactive at the end of this month and no bookings at all. He blames himself for not being able to give PC the time and attention that he thought he could when he first signed up; however, he's grateful for the past few months of sporadic bookings. He's decided to stop selling PC and focus on his Master's Degree.
jasonmva
Silver Member
I think the inevitable is going to happen. I go inactive at the end of this month and no bookings at all. Granted I am the one to blame because I have not been able to give PC the time and attention that I thought I could when I first signed. The first 1/2 of the year was great...I had a show every month since I signed in June but then by January it all faded away. Sporatic bookings, some cancellations and then nothing. I have talked to past hosts and they weren't very responsive. I have tried everything I could possibly think of to gain new hosts as well. But I am not very upset about it. I have read posts and followed a lot of the advice by making my list and really thinking through continuing. I think I have come to peace with the inactivity and it will more than likely stay in that stage. It was a fun ride and I got some great products out of it.

Only you can know what is best for YOU! I wish you the best in all you do! Keep in touch!

We'll miss you, Jason. But as Beth said, you need to do what's right for you.
:)

You were starting your Master's Degree this fall, right? If so, and you decided this is best for you with your business, it is! It will always be there waiting for you later if you need it. Have fun and go for it (the education)! I waited to join PC until after I had my Master's Degree.

Hey Jason!

If you think you might want to give PC a good try again at some future time you could submit $200 in commissionable sales once a year until you are ready to get back down to business - that way you wouldn't have to purchase the kit again. If you want to do that I suggest putting in $200 in February and then again in July so you get the change over kits each time.

Lots of luck to you! {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--
And why the sea is boiling hot--
And whether pigs have wings."
No need to leave us, though, as this community would suffer were you no longer a part of it. We miss you when you're not around.

Good luck Jason! My last cooking show is a week from tonight. (and I have 2 catalog shows open) .....then I'm done. I will have time before I go inactive, but I am just about 100% sure that I am going to let PC go for now.... bring on the master's degrees!!

Good luck to all of you pursueing your master's! PC will be here waiting for you when you're done! :)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--
And why the sea is boiling hot--
And whether pigs have wings."

No need to leave us, though, as this community would suffer were you no longer a part of it. We miss you when you're not around.

yeah...what KG said! make sure you still pop in here to say hi!

jenniferknapp said:
Good luck Jason! My last cooking show is a week from tonight. (and I have 2 catalog shows open) .....then I'm done. I will have time before I go inactive, but I am just about 100% sure that I am going to let PC go for now.... bring on the master's degrees!!

Jen, please stay in contact with us here.....and good luck to you (and Jason) on getting your degrees!!

I know this hasn't been an easy decision for either of you. I wish you all the best as you go forth into whatever your next adventure holds.I do hope both of you will continue to check in here occasionally and let us know how life is treating you.

Jason,
It is sad to see you leave PC but I you know what is best for you. Good luck and keep in touch!

We'll miss you Jason. Stop by and say hello from time to time.

Update!!!!!!!Well I followed some advice on other threads about taking that step back and examining WHY I started selling PC and my answer was simple...I love to cook and I love to entertain plus COOKING IS FUN!!!! So, I submitted a waiver to keep me covered and HO approved it for the month of October. I have a call into my director so we can talk about how I can keep this going the way I want it to and I also emailed 4 people today who have previously expressed an interest in a show. Once replied back already and said they are still interested and we will touch base when they get back from vacation (already have a follow-up date marked on my calendar). I will also be speaking to someone at my gym tonight who wants a show and try and get a solid booking from her.

With a bit more time management I think I can really make this work. My plan right now is to have 1-2 shows a month since I am still going to school as well. So off to get things picked back up and get the office clean!

Good for you Jason! What a smart guy!:thumbup:

Well gee, don't you just make me feel like a loser! Just kidding;) ...that is great that you took the time to figure out what you really wanted (before you went inactive!!) Good luck!!

That's great news!

Glad to hear it, Jason. If you really need to leave PC, you'll go with our love and blessings. We're happy to keep you around, though, for as long as we can. :)

Related to Facing Inactivity: My Journey with PC and the Lessons Learned

1. What inspired you to write "Facing Inactivity: My Journey with PC and the Lessons Learned"?

I have been a consultant with Pampered Chef for over 10 years and have seen many of my colleagues struggle with inactivity in their business. I wanted to share my personal experience and lessons learned in the hopes of helping others who may be facing similar challenges.

2. Can you give us a sneak peek into some of the lessons learned in your book?

Some of the key lessons I share in my book include the importance of consistency, setting realistic goals, and learning to adapt to changes in the business. I also discuss the value of self-care and finding a support system within the Pampered Chef community.

3. How has your own journey with inactivity impacted your relationship with Pampered Chef?

Facing inactivity forced me to re-evaluate my approach to my business and find new ways to stay motivated and engaged. It also showed me the true value of the Pampered Chef community and the support and resources available to help consultants overcome challenges.

4. What do you hope readers will take away from your book?

I hope readers will feel inspired and empowered to overcome their own challenges with inactivity in their Pampered Chef business. I also hope to provide practical tips and advice that can help consultants find success and fulfillment in their business.

5. How can readers purchase "Facing Inactivity: My Journey with PC and the Lessons Learned"?

My book is available for purchase on the Pampered Chef website or through my personal consultant website. It is also available as an e-book on Amazon and other major online book retailers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Rosebud
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
Melissa78
Replies
Views
FHL