• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exploring National Leadership: Pros, Cons, and Where to Find More Info

In summary, the conference is this year in Chicago and it's worth going because there are a lot of things to do and see. The cost is usually around $200 per person and includes airfare.
pcleah
With all the excitement going on with Leadership, I was wondering when is National? Where? Who goes? Any pros and cons to going? Where else can I find more info?
I sound just like my boys asking 10,000,000,000,000,000 per minute!!!!!!!:) :) :) Thanks!! Leah

If you look in the archived threads, or do a search here, I'm sure you'll find lots of info.
Conference this year is July9-11, 12-14, and 16-18. They split it into 3 "waves" as we call it here, and about 3,000 consultants go in each wave. (approximately) Your wave is determined by who you executive director is. You can look online; there's a schedule there. If you're unsure who your executive is, just ask your director or recruiter!
It is always in July, and always in Chicago. There are lots of workshops, awards, and a chance to meet & network with consultants from across the country. It is sooooooooo worth going!
If you have any other questions, feel free to ask:)

Thanks so much for the info!!!

No problem:) If you have other questions, just ask!

BTW - Leah it is in Chicago. :D

:p Oh Lacy you covered that. LOL

Then what's the difference between Leadership and National Conference? What was the conference that was just held in Dallas?

Leadership Summit is for the leaders of the company - those who want to bump up their business and build it. You have to be a Future Director (2 personal recruits - don't have to be qualified) or above in order to go to Leadership. National is for every consultant regardless of level. The other main difference between Leadership and National is that Leadership is all at one time and National is split into 3 conferences.

What does it cost usually to go to conference?

Early Bird Registration is usually $175. In January, you can earn half-price or free registration. Hotels last year were about $179 per night. However, split that 4 ways, stay 4 nights and it comes to about $200 per person including taxes.Some meals are provided. I spent less than $75 on the rest of the meals.Then you can purchase things through vendors - some have cash and carry, some only have ordering capabilities.You can also purchase new paperwork - mini catalogs, newly redesigned brochures, recipe cards, postcard invitations.And then there are surprise boxes which were $15, $20 or $40 last year. They have discontinued items in them. The value of the items is more than the cost to you. So, a $15 box probably had around a $25-35 value.Then you have travel - airfare or bus or train or whatever. You should know now when your wave is, so you can start looking for airfare.HTH

How do you earn half price or free registration again? Wow..I better start savin...Holy Hannah!

Jilleysue said:
How do you earn half price or free registration again? Wow..I better start savin...Holy Hannah!

Check here for the January Consultant Incentives

https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/cs_07jan.pdf

Also, you can sign up for Conference Club on CC. You tell HO how much $$$ to take out of your month end commission check and they hold it for you. If you go to conference, you can use it. If you don't go, you get it all back.

Yes, earning it free or half price is a huge saver! Also, conference club is a fantastic thing too. Last year I earned it half off, then had $15 taken out of my comission until conference, & it was paid for:)
For airline, our cluster usually gets tickets around March. We go for the one-way tickets; the onine rate-& get pretty good deals.
It may end up costing you $300-500; but it's all tax deductable for your business....and the best business expense you'll have:D

One way tickets???? How do you get back? LOL

Jilleysue said:
One way tickets???? How do you get back? LOL
You just get a one-way there, and a one-way home....unless you don't want to come home, lol:)

Which wave??
lacychef said:
Your wave is determined by who you executive director is. You can look online; there's a schedule there.

I've searched everywhere on CC and I can't find this schedule. I know who my executive director is-- should I just call HO (which is really inconvenient most days)?

Thanks!

Who is your NED?

Do you really think they will have the surprise boxes with the Outlet posting the things that were in previous boxes? Those were fun but I am beginning to doubt it.

cgreen said:
I've searched everywhere on CC and I can't find this schedule. I know who my executive director is-- should I just call HO (which is really inconvenient most days)?

Thanks!

It is in the November CN.

Conference One
July 9 – 11, 2007
Shiela Addis
Sandy Alexanian
Jana Arkell
Lisa Bedford
Joan Bischoff
Stephanie Blanks
Kathy Bove
Teresa Brown
Dot Doiron
Shan Eisler
Julie Gizzi
Deena Hiltbrand
Becky Ishee
Susan Kaufmann
Sandy Kristof
Cindy Langford
Yvonne Mattson
Donna McDonald
Patsy McGovern
Anne McMillan
Amy Neal
Terri Newberry
Dotti Shepherd
Pam Sztukowski
Julie VonGunten
Randy Weiss

Conference Two
July 12 – 14, 2007
Julie Bohn-Geiselhart
Scottie Brister
Leslie Caperton
Angela Cole
Diane Engle
Mary Grant
Theresa Jennings
Cindy Johnson
Chris Laurich
Jill Lerner
Chris Manion
Darla Oelmann
Beth Perera
Sara Philbin
Kelly Price
Sandy Pruessner
Karan Radcliffe
Carol Radu
Sally Schubert
Judy Siegel
Kerri Waters
Joanne Wilhelm
Shelly Wilson
Kathy Yellets
Home Office Direct

Conference Three
July 16 – 18, 2007
Robin Anderson
Melody Bachman
Sherri Carr
Susan Cronk
Shelley Darabos
Kelli Downey
Barbara Duke
Nancy Francis
Marie Freidag
Don Funt
Paula Gubine Brockner
Beth Jacobs
Marcella Kvick
Pauleen Livermore
Crystal Livingston
Joanne McLaughlin
Laurie Milbrodt
Patti Mocerino
Pam Nourbakhsh
Leslie O’Laughlin
Stacy Pressman
Nancy Jo Ryan
Robin Shilling
Amy Shalongo
Bambi Shoemaker
Nora Streiner
Lynn Wilks

Thank you so much!! I'm Wave 3!

What part of Houston are you in? I lived in Clear Lake most of my life.

Northwest (290) just outside the beltway. Basically opposite from town compared to Clear Lake.

Do you still have family here? It's been really silly the last couple of days-- we haven't had a hurricane or any kind of severe weather in a really, really long time, and I swear the weather people are DISAPPOINTED that we were bypassed by the ice storms that took down Dallas and San Antonio.

My parents moved to Colorado (for the mild winters..hehe) in April. I still have a brother, ex-sister in law and niece there as well as my best friend!

When will we get the schedule for each wave? Airfares aren't too bad right now, but I don't know if I will need to fly in the night before, or the day of (if it's starts in the afternoon, for example).

I was just looking and round trip is only about $140!
I to book it to get a good rate, but am not sure if I should get there Sunday night or Monday morning.... ALso - when to leave...Wed night or Thursday morning..... Hmmmmmmmmm........

SusanBP0129 said:
I was just looking and round trip is only about $140!
I to book it to get a good rate, but am not sure if I should get there Sunday night or Monday morning.... ALso - when to leave...Wed night or Thursday morning..... Hmmmmmmmmm........

Susan, that's exactly my situation. I'm in Wave I, too!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/bubblefizz/emoticons/wave2.gif

Kim: usually the first day starts with classes around 1:00pm. (approximately) You'll have 2 afternoon classes; about 1 1/2 hours each, with a 30 minute break in between. Then, there will be awards night I believe at 7pm. The next day is full all day with classes, general session, and executive banquet. The last day usually ends around noon with the last general session.

Thanks, Lacy! So I could fly in on the first morning and not miss anything, then?(I'd love to not have to pay for the room the night before, if I can help it.)

Thanks Lacy!

Kim- So - we could fly in Monday morning & fly out Wednesday evening, I guess? Maybe we can meet up!
Any ideas on what hotel to stay in?

SusanBP0129 said:
Thanks Lacy!

Kim- So - we could fly in Monday morning & fly out Wednesday evening, I guess? Maybe we can meet up!

I'd love to meet up! It will be so much fun to meet Cheffers from here, won't it?!

Absolutely!!! Are you going to book your flight?

SusanBP0129 said:
Absolutely!!! Are you going to book your flight?

I'm going to check with my Director to see if she wants to fly out together, then I will probably book it!

Same here. Keep me posted & I'll do the same! :)

Just and FYI, they are changing the line up of conference this year. And the directors will now have their special event the morning before conference (its specialized training).

They are spacing out the recognition among all the general sessions so we arent all sitting in the audience doing nothing but clapping for 3 hours! announcing new products the first nights general session from 3-6pm (dont want to miss that one!!)

and changing the upper level luncheon to the last day.

that's all that's been announced so far.

Thanks Ange!
Perhaps I should wait until I get a schedule?

Thanks Ange; I do remember reading about the different directors' event.

They will be sending out all the conference info before too long....

Hmm... I think I'll wait until we have the schedule. Especially since I hope to be a Director by then! ;)

SusanBP0129 said:
Thanks Lacy!

The HO suggests 2 or 3 specific hotels for conference. They'll be listed in the conference info. You can stay wherever you like, but the "conference" hotels have shuttle service to the conference center. To me, that's just easier, and you get to spend time with other consultants, directors, etc., going back and forth.

I learned a lot when I went in 2005, both from the conference itself and from conversations with fellow business owners. (I was one of the wierdos in the parrot hats. Anyone remember us?) Didn't make it in 2006, but I'll be there in 2007!

I had a wonderful time last year and I can't wait to go back this year... I am in wave one is anyone else in wave one???

mommyhugz1978 said:
I had a wonderful time last year and I can't wait to go back this year... I am in wave one is anyone else in wave one???
I'm in Wave one! And I'll be walking across stage with you!

I am also in wave one and can't wait. I had the best time last year.

Tracy

Wave one for me, too!

I'm in Wave One too!! I think I am getting my plane tickets today!! :D
I found tickets - round trip - $138 TOTAL!! :D

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedPrincess74
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • Karen
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service