• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Explore the Pros & Cons of Vonage Phone Service

In summary, Vonage is a great service with some down sides, but overall it is a great way to stay connected.
hoosierchef
Does anyone here use Vonage for their phone service?? If so, what are the ups and downs of it. I had a customer today telling me how great and cheap it is.

Thanks!

Have it, LOVE it! Only prob is that if your power or cable goes out...byebye phone. As long as you have a backup (cell phone), it isn't that big of a deal! I also intentionally unplug my phone so that it directly forwards calls to my cell phone w/o having to do anything right then and there!Actually, mine is unplugged and in my car....along with the rest of my stuff for the weekend, I go to see my mom every weekend, and I bring my vonage stuff with me...and plug it in through her DSL and voila, I have my phone line ringing there!Also, the box that you have to buy isn't a bad price, but you can get a wireless router, so that if you decide not to use vonage any longer, you can still use it as a wireless router for your dsl or roadrunner!

Oh yeah, I also do PC in her area, as well as here..where I work and live (different area codes). So, for $5 a month...I could have an extra phone line that rings in to my phone (I don't do it....but I could) ....and then everyone has a local number to call!And, if you don't get a referral from her, let me know and we can both get a free month if I refer you! (email [email protected])

I have Sunrocket. They are just like Vonage just cheaper. You pay $199 for a whole year with the same features as Vonage. That is about $16.60 a month.

Lisa2Boys said:
I have Sunrocket. They are just like Vonage just cheaper. You pay $199 for a whole year with the same features as Vonage. That is about $16.60 a month.

hmm.... I need to look in to that!! I pay about $30 for Vonage

I have it also and love it!! We use it with our wireless router here in Germany and can have a stateside phone number with free domestic long distance!!

No more international rates to call our family, friends and the HO 800 number!! It was costing us a fortune!!

And this is a phone number that we can take with us anywhere we move next, my family will always be able to reach me with just a local call!!!

We have Vonage and we love it!At first we had some problems with bad reception. I figured it out: I have a backup program on my computer that moves large files over the internet to a backup server... so if that was running, it slowed things down a bit too much, and messed with the reception. Now I only run my backups in the middle of the night, and the problem is solved. :)

I wish I could get Vonage! We have to have a phone line for the dsl for it to work but we can't have the dsl without the phone line. :(

I'll let you know in a couple of days!! Once I get all the other issues w/ my computer and router and wireless figured out, we're switching to Vonage!

April, can you get cable internet in your area instead of the DSL (and for a similar price)? Then you wouldn't have to have the phone line. Just an thought! :)

jenniferp417 said:
April, can you get cable internet in your area instead of the DSL (and for a similar price)? Then you wouldn't have to have the phone line. Just an thought! :)

We are out in the middle of nowhere!! We can only get DSL from our phone company, and the cable company doesn't come out this far!! Our town is growing so hopefully I will have able to switch soon! My WHOLE family lives in Indiana so it gets pretty expensive!

Lisa2Boys said:
That's what we use, too. We love it! Especially considering that our old $35 phone plan was over $50 with taxes every month.

1. What is Vonage phone service?

Vonage phone service is a Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) service that allows users to make phone calls using an internet connection instead of a traditional landline. It offers a variety of features, including voicemail, call waiting, and call forwarding.

2. What are the pros of using Vonage phone service?

Some pros of using Vonage phone service include cost savings, as it is generally cheaper than traditional phone services, and the ability to make and receive calls from anywhere with an internet connection. It also offers a range of useful features and can be easily set up and managed.

3. Are there any cons of using Vonage phone service?

Some potential cons of using Vonage phone service include the reliance on a stable internet connection, which can affect call quality, and the need to have a power source for the phone adapter. It also may not be available in all areas and may not have all the features of a traditional landline.

4. Can I keep my current phone number with Vonage?

Yes, you can typically transfer your current phone number to Vonage as long as it is eligible for transfer and you follow the necessary steps. However, there may be a fee for this service, and it can take a few weeks for the transfer to be completed.

5. How does Vonage compare to other VoIP services?

Vonage is one of the most well-known and established VoIP services, but it is not the only one available. Some other popular options include Skype, Google Voice, and Ooma. Each service may have different features, pricing, and call quality, so it is important to research and compare before making a decision.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
vanscootin
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • Karen
  • General Chat
Replies