• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Beer Bread Mix Shelf Life: Does Anyone Know?

In summary, the shelf life of Pampered Chef's Beer Bread Mix is approximately 18 months from the date of manufacture, but it is recommended to use it within 12 months for best results. The mix should be stored in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and in an airtight container or resealable bag. It is not recommended to use the mix after the expiration date as the quality and taste may be affected. Signs that the mix has gone bad include a strange odor, change in color, or the presence of clumps or mold. The Beer Bread Mix can be frozen to extend its shelf life, but it should be used within 6 months and thawed in the fridge before use.
pcjulie
Does anyone know how long Beer Bread mix lasts? A friend of mine found a box of mix in her cabinet and it doesn't have an expiration date on it. Thanks!

I would think it would be good for a while, I still have one in the old packaging that I should probably make...

gilliandanielle said:
I would think it would be good for a while, I still have one in the old packaging that I should probably make...

So do I - LOL
I hear it's great with cheddar cheese and salsa mixed in!

dannyzmom said:
So do I - LOL
I hear it's great with cheddar cheese and salsa mixed in!
That variation is sooooo good!

Beer bread mix is basically self-rising flour, which is flour with salt, baking powder and baking soda added. The leaveners will eventually lose some of their effectiveness, but unless it's REALLY old, it should still be edible.

SSSH, don't tell anyone, but my beer bread recipe is 3 c self-rising flour and 1/2 c sugar. A bag of $1.57 self rising flour from WalMart will make about 6 loaves! Sssh...don't tell!

I heard not to keep it over a year, that it will get bugs in it!

Paige Dixon said:
I heard not to keep it over a year, that it will get bugs in it!
That's true of just about any flour. If you stock up when it's on sale and don't plan on using it right away, store it in your freezer. The cold will kill anything that's in there that hasn't hatched yet. (I know, ewww... but flour is an agricultural product and bugs are a fact of life.)

Hi there! As a Pampered Chef consultant, I am happy to help answer your question about the shelf life of Beer Bread mix. Generally, our mixes have a shelf life of about 1 year from the date of production. However, since your friend's mix does not have an expiration date, I recommend checking the ingredients list for any perishable items such as yeast or dairy. If those are not listed, the mix should still be safe to use. I hope this helps! Happy baking!

What is the shelf life of Pampered Chef's Beer Bread Mix?

The shelf life of our Beer Bread Mix is approximately 18 months from the date of manufacture. However, we recommend using the mix within 12 months for best results.

How should I store the Beer Bread Mix?

The Beer Bread Mix should be stored in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. It is best to keep it in an airtight container or resealable bag to maintain freshness.

Can I still use the Beer Bread Mix if it has expired?

We do not recommend using the Beer Bread Mix after the expiration date as the quality and taste may be affected. It is best to purchase a new mix for optimal results.

What are the signs that the Beer Bread Mix has gone bad?

If the mix has a strange odor, has changed color, or has clumps or mold, it is best to discard it. These are signs that the mix has gone bad and should not be used.

Can I freeze the Beer Bread Mix to extend its shelf life?

Yes, you can freeze the Beer Bread Mix to extend its shelf life. Make sure to store it in a freezer-safe container or bag and use it within 6 months for best results. Thaw the mix in the fridge before using it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sandilou
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefmoseley
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
DessertDivaFL
  • JR09PCC