• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Expert Tips for Navigating Your Second Cooking Show

In summary, the expert recommends practicing out loud, keeping it simple, and bringing only essential items to the show.
Stef1023
Ok, I'm doing my second cooking show next week. I'm still unsure of what to say. I'm not comfortable talking in front of a group yet. any advice?

If talking while making the food is contributing to your unease, try talking your way through making dinner for the next few days. Once you've decided what you want to say, practice it out loud. It will plant the words in a different part of your brain because you'll be hearing them as well as thinking them. (Sounds weird, but it works.)Don't be afraid to use cards or an outline to help you stay on track.Best wishes!

cards that I make, or pre-made ones? I would talk while I make dinner but I have no one to talk to!! Myself, but then my 2yro looks at me funny

So, your 2yo looks at you funny . . . I promise the little one won't be scarred for life. Just pretend you have a studio audience and you're doing your own cooking show. Seriously, that's how I practiced for a while when I was gearing up to start my business.As for the cards, do whatever works for you.

ok. think i might be able to come up with something. might need my hubby's help, he is much better with words than I am

Don't worry about being "perfect." Just do what makes you comfortable and have fun. If you're having fun, the guests will have fun. That's what leads to bookings and a successful business.

I still bring my cheat sheets with me! And I agree with Rae - practice practice practice - I even practiced in front of my kids stuffed animals (they were the audience ) You will slip up - that is totally normal - just keep going and have FUN with it!

It's good to practice out loud, no matter how silly you sound. It helps to get your mouth and brain working together. So many times I'd think things through, and felt, oh yeah, I can do this, say that, etc. But when I practiced out loud, I kept saying the wrong thing, or stumbled around trying to form the right words. After practicing a few times, I got better. The best experience will be at the shows. For me, no matter what I practiced, things went differently than planned. The mood was different, so different things were said, or different questions were asked, etc. I'm still practicing cause I'm still new, too.

So good luck, and don't feel silly practicing. :)

Funny cause I always hated practicing when I was still in HS. Not a big fan of doing it now either, but I really want to make a good impression at this show, so I'm willing to do just about anything. PamperedDor, did you make your ownn cheat sheets?
Should I take every piece I own or just certain ones?

Stef1023 said:
Funny cause I always hated practicing when I was still in HS. Not a big fan of doing it now either, but I really want to make a good impression at this show, so I'm willing to do just about anything. PamperedDor, did you make your ownn cheat sheets?
Should I take every piece I own or just certain ones?

I agree with the above advice...especially about practicing OUT LOUD. It just isn't the same in your head! It will really help it "stick" in there and help you work out the kinks beforehand.

About your products...most of us (me included!) are guilty of taking EVERY ITEM that we owned in the beginning. It's hard to learn up front...but less is more. You don't want to overload yourself, or make others feel that they couldn't sell PC if they don't own a ton of stuff. Keep it to your kit, and a few other needed items...or perhaps the host special for the next month you want to be booking so you can show that to them. If someone asks to see something you don't have, you can tell them you will bring it to THEIR show...or ask them what info they want to know about it, and if you have it, you can answer for them....if you don't own it, you can ask the audience if anyone has it so she could look to them for answers.

Hope this helps and makes sense! I feel like I am rambling today...

Yes - I made my own cheat sheets - A have one that is my run of the show, then on large index cards I have the items, the item number, what I would say about it to sell it, etc. I keep paperwork with me in the beginning of the show as my security blanket ( silly I know but heck!) the index cards are at my table as I do my demo -

I bring what I need for my demo, my large bar pan, 1 piece of cookware, any of the host specials/guest specials and my personal favorites ( QSP, Trifle bowl) this way I can turn to them and pick them up if I loose my spot or just go blank (we have all done that!!!)

You will see over time you will wean out the products you don't talk about and switch things up as you get more free stuff.... It takes time and WE all have been there!

Most important - HAVE FUN and your guest will too! Watch some of the videos if you have them and take some courses on CC!

Stef1023 said:
cards that I make, or pre-made ones? I would talk while I make dinner but I have no one to talk to!! Myself, but then my 2yro looks at me funny

When I first started I did this with my 1 yr old.. she was quite entertained.. but it did help with my first few shows and got me a little used to what I was doing.. I think I made the recipe at home a few times before as well.

good luck! let it flow and it will all work out great.. remember!, you like what you do and if you mess up then well, you're human!

Thanks for the tips. I haven't even done my first cooking show. That's next weekend. The good thing about my first cooking show is it's with a bunch of women I already know. I think I'm going to need a glass of wine first. That usually calms me down... I also think asking your group questions might help them talk and keeps the pressure off of you. That's what I'm planning on doing anyway. I was watching a demo video and one consultant asked the group, "What PC product could you just not live without and why?" I thought that was a great thing to ask your group. Also, I was going to ask my group what PC product they already have is their favorite and why?" I think both questions will kinda run into each other. I also have some of my favorite PC items that I'm going to talk about. I feel like if you love something and know how to use it then you won't have a problem talking about it. I plan to have some note cards on some specific items that I want to talk about. I'm not really good at remembering names and info about the items so that should help me out.
Man, I'm so nervous about my first show. I can't wait for it to be over already. LOL

mmmorgan20 said:
Thanks for the tips. I haven't even done my first cooking show. That's next weekend. The good thing about my first cooking show is it's with a bunch of women I already know. I think I'm going to need a glass of wine first. That usually calms me down... I also think asking your group questions might help them talk and keeps the pressure off of you. That's what I'm planning on doing anyway. I was watching a demo video and one consultant asked the group, "What PC product could you just not live without and why?" I thought that was a great thing to ask your group. Also, I was going to ask my group what PC product they already have is their favorite and why?" I think both questions will kinda run into each other. I also have some of my favorite PC items that I'm going to talk about. I feel like if you love something and know how to use it then you won't have a problem talking about it. I plan to have some note cards on some specific items that I want to talk about. I'm not really good at remembering names and info about the items so that should help me out.

Man, I'm so nervous about my first show. I can't wait for it to be over already. LOL

Those are some good questions to ask. Would have never thought of those. My party is with a group of ladies I've never met. I just know the host's son. Wish you the best on your first show!!

Stef1023 said:
Those are some good questions to ask. Would have never thought of those. My party is with a group of ladies I've never met. I just know the host's son. Wish you the best on your first show!!
Good luck with your show. I actually found that it is easier to do a show where you don't know the people. I also make up index cards. I used to write everything on them and as I got used to my products needed them less. But I still bring them to refer to.I also used to give the name, product # and price but found that people are looking through the catalog anyway so the item # isn't important to them. The price was written on the card so if anyone asked, I could refer to it.It's ok to be nervous. Let them know that you're learning. People will appreciate your honesty. And yes, practice. I found I practiced in my car. I also went to one of my director's shows and she let me tape it. I would listen to that in my car when I drove here or there. It helped a lot!!

Honestly, I type out my show before-hand. It allows me to go to the show and not be so freaked out because no matter what happens I have something to say. The last show, I deviated from it and did my own thing a lot of the time, but it all depends on whether I know the group or not. I have taken to saying in my opening this is my 4th, 5th, etc. cooking show and that I will more than likely make some kind of mistake, but that this IS the Pampered Chef, not the PERFECT chef. People generally give me a little laugh and I feel like that gives me an out and helps me relax.

I'm gonna try and set some time aside today and write some stuff down. You guys gave me some great ideas!! Thanks YALL

Related to Expert Tips for Navigating Your Second Cooking Show

1. What are some tips for successfully hosting my second Pampered Chef cooking show?

Some tips for successfully hosting your second cooking show include:

• Reviewing your previous show's results to identify areas for improvement
  • Choosing new recipes to keep things fresh and exciting for returning guests
  • Utilizing the Pampered Chef Consultant Community for support and advice
  • Offering special incentives or promotions to encourage guests to attend
  • Setting specific goals for your show, such as sales or bookings, and creating a plan to achieve them

2. How can I keep my guests engaged and interested during my second cooking show?

To keep your guests engaged and interested during your second cooking show, consider:

• Including interactive elements, such as games or activities, to break up the cooking demonstrations
  • Encouraging guest participation, such as asking for volunteers to assist with a recipe or share their own cooking tips
  • Providing samples of delicious food and drinks to keep guests satisfied and energized
  • Incorporating visual aids, such as videos or photos, to enhance the cooking experience
  • Engaging with your guests and creating a fun, welcoming atmosphere

3. How can I use my previous cooking show's success to my advantage for my second show?

To use your previous cooking show's success to your advantage for your second show, try:

• Sharing testimonials or feedback from previous guests to showcase the positive experience they had
  • Using the same theme or concept that was successful in your previous show
  • Following up with previous guests and offering them special incentives or discounts for attending your second show
  • Incorporating any tips or suggestions from your previous guests to improve your second show
  • Continuing to build relationships with previous guests and utilizing their support and referrals for your second show

4. How important is it to incorporate new products into my second cooking show?

Incorporating new products into your second cooking show can be beneficial for several reasons:

• It keeps your guests interested and engaged, as they will likely be excited to see and try new products
  • It allows you to showcase the versatility and variety of Pampered Chef products
  • It can increase sales, as guests may be more likely to purchase new products they have not seen before
  • It shows that you are knowledgeable about and passionate about the latest Pampered Chef products
  • It can attract new customers who are interested in the new products you are featuring

5. What are some strategies for increasing sales and bookings during my second cooking show?

Some strategies for increasing sales and bookings during your second cooking show include:

• Offering special incentives or promotions for guests who make a purchase or book a future show
  • Highlighting the benefits and features of the products you are demonstrating
  • Sharing personal stories or experiences about how Pampered Chef products have made a positive impact on your life
  • Encouraging guests to host their own cooking show in order to earn free or discounted products
  • Following up with guests after the show to offer additional support and assistance with their purchases or bookings

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pmprdprettyinsnj
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
LBotzler
  • smartcookie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Tonimabbott